Fai | K-Pop Soloist

By funkwav

In which Fai lives her life as Big Hit's first female soloist. Book 1, set in 2019. Book 2 Published Cover b... More

✧ FAI K-PROFILES ✧
✧ MAMA 2018 ✧
✧ RELATIONSHIP HISTORY ✧
✧ INSIDE FAI'S PHONE ✧
✧ FAI'S 18TH BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ FAI BEING MENTIONED BY OTHER IDOLS ✧
✧ ALPHABET WITH FAI ✧
✧ SBS GAYO DAEJEJUN ✧
✧ KBS GAYO DAEJEJUN ✧
✧ LATE NIGHT WITH MARK ✧
✧ MBC GAYO ✧
✧ GOTTA GO ✧
✧ SPOTIFY PLAYLIST ✧
✧ SOOMPI ARTICLE 01 ✧
✧ SOOMPI ARTICLE 02 ✧
✧ SEOUL MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ V LIVE 01 ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 01 ✧
✧ NEO CITY IN SEOUL ✧
✧ V LIVE 02 ✧
✧ FAI'S SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS ✧
✧ FAI'S QUOTES ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 02 ✧
✧ V LIVE 03 ✧
✧ VALENTINES DAY ✧
✧ FAI'S FRIENDS ✧
✧ BANGTAN BOMB 01 ✧
✧ IDOLS WHO CRUSHED ON FAI ✧
✧ KOREAN MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ TXT'S DEBUT ✧
✧ ANNIVERSARY ✧
✧ SOULMATES ✧
✧ RENJUN'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ KAI & FAI ✧
✧ JOHNNY'S COMMUNICATION CENTER ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 04 ✧
✧ DEBUT ANNIVERSARY ✧
✧ JAEMIN & FAI ✧
✧ IDOLS FAI ADMIRES ✧
✧ JENO'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ THE FACT MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ TEXT MESSAGES ✧
✧ FAI'S SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS 2 ✧
✧ FAI'S STATISTICS ✧
✧ FAI IN CHICAGO ✧
✧ FAI IN VANCOUVER ✧
✧ FAI & FELIX ✧
✧ SOOMPI 03 ✧
✧ FAI'S HABITS ✧
✧ DESTINY ANNIVERSARY ✧
✧ HAECHAN'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ CrAcK VIDEO ✧
✧ TEXT MESSAGES 02 ✧
✧ SOOMPI 04 ✧
✧ WHAT'S IN FAI'S BAG? ✧
✧ FAI'S INTERACTIONS ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TEASERS ✧
✧ FLOURISHING ALBUM PACKAGING ✧
✧ FLOURISHING ✧
✧ FLOURISHING PROMOTIONS ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ WHAT'S IN FAI'S PHONE? 02 ✧
✧ SOOMPI 05 ✧
✧ MGMA AWARDS ✧
✧ MARK'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ FAI'S UNIVERSE ✧
✧ THE FLOURISHING TOUR IN SEOUL ✧
✧ JAEMIN'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ FAI BEING MENTIONED BY OTHER IDOLS 02 ✧
✧ FAI ONCE SAID... ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ SORIBADA AWARDS ✧
✧ SOOMPI 06 ✧
✧ BUZZFEED INTERVIEW ✧
✧ FAI'S FASHION ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN SYDNEY ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 05 ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN EUROPE ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA 02 ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 06 ✧
✧ GLOBAL CITIZEN FESTIVAL ✧
✧ WIRED INTERVIEW ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA ✧
✧ SOOMPI 07 ✧
✧ FAI WITH SUPERM ✧
✧ PLAYLIST OF MY LIFE ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA 03 ✧
✧ DECALCOMANIA ✧
✧ V LIVE 04 Mark & Fai✧
✧ MEETING ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN ASIA ✧
✧ AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ FAI'S QUOTES ✧
✧ SOOMPI 08 ✧ (HYUNJIN & FAI)
✧ ASIA ARTIST AWARD ✧
✧ MELON MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ MAMA 2019 ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 07 ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA 04 ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ FAI'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ SBS GAYO ✧
✧ KBS GAYO ✧
✧ NEW YEARS EVE ✧
ANNOUNCEMENT * THE END*

✧ MARK & FAI ✧

4.7K 146 86
By funkwav

⋰˚☆ November 13, 2019

"So, that was my night. What about you?" Fai asked Mark over the phone.

"I hung out with my friend Nagyung," Mark answered truthfully.

Fai paused to think if she's ever heard of that name before, she didn't. It confused her as Fai knew the names of Mark's friends and vice-versa, "Whose that?"

"She's in Fromis_9."

"I don't know what that is."

"They're a girl group, from the show Idol School. You were on the show once, as a mentor."

Fai paused to think, "I'm sorry but it doesn't ring a bell. How'd you meet her?"

"We went to school together, but we reconnected through Mina."

"Is she cool?"

"Yeah, she is."

"Cooler than me?"

"Oh come on, you know no one on this earth could ever beat you."

"Woahhh, Mark Lee! You saved yourself with that answer."

- - -

⋰˚☆ December 1, 2019

The previous night, after the MMAs, Fai called Mark and found out that he was hanging out with Nagyung. Fai hadn't found the time to hang out with Haechan in a long time so the two were spending time together, they hung out in Haechan's dorm on the infamous fifth floor. With Fai arriving at the dorm at around eight pm.

Fai sat on the couch right in the middle of the living room on her phone. She opened her mouth to say something but Haechan spoke before her, "If you're going to complain about your relationship then I won't listen to you."

Fai pouted, "I just want to talk about my feelings to you."

Haechan pointed to the mirror, "You see that mirror over there? Go sit in front of it and rant to that."

"Your honour please remember that I always listen to all your relationship problems without complaining."

"That's because you like listening to my problems. Plus you give good advice."

"I'm not asking for revolutionary advice."

"Can you please remember that none of my relationships has ever lasted above six months? There's a reason why you've been with Mark for over a year and a half, whatever it is you're feeling just advise yourself the way you would advise me."

Fai sighed, "Whatever, nevermind."

Haechan walked over and sat next to Fai, "I had a change of heart, tell me."

"No, I think I'm overreacting."

"Tell me and I'll tell you whether you're being an idiot or not."

Johnny stepped out to the living room, "I am feeling....negative energy in this room."

"Hyung!" Haechan yelled, tapping the cough signalling for Johnny to come to sit with the two teens, "Fai's not feeling good about Mark and I fucked up so she doesn't want to tell me anymore."

"It's not that I don't want to tell you, it's really embarrassing now thinking about it."

"Let us be the judge for that," Johnny said.

"I feel... Jealous." Fai spoke slowly, cringing at herself for even thinking that way.

"You're right, that is really embarrassing." Haechan nodded.

Johnny hit Haechan's chest, "Why are you jealous? You know that to Mark, aside from his mother, you're the only girl he thinks about."

"Not anymore, he's been spending a lot of time with that Nagyung girl."

"The classmate? Haechan asked and Fai nodded.

"Fai, you shouldn't worry. There's truly nothing to be jealous, they're just two classmates who rekindled their friendship."

"I'm not worried about their friendship, I trust Mark with all my heart and I have no doubts in him. I'm jealous at the fact that it sort of seems like the past month, he's spent more time with her than me."

"No, I understand, you trust that Mark has drawn a line but you can't trust the girl he's been with."

"I searched her up too, she's pretty as fuck. I think that's the worst part."

"Trust me, you're not my type, but Fai you're prettier than her. Don't compare yourself to her, it's not worth it." Haechan too tried to comfort his friend.

"What about right now? Why are you here with Haechan and not him?" Johnny asked.

"We were meant to, he told me he suddenly had to attend dance practise at like 1 and that he had no idea when he'd be free today," Fai answered, Haechan's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets, however, he tried to hide it not to worry her.

"What an idiot," Johnny said under his breath, suddenly Johnny's phone started to ring, "I'm sorry, my friends are here."

"Have fun Oppa," Fai muttered.

"I will thanks." Johnny stood up, putting on his jacket. Johnny went over and squished Fai's cheek, "Fai, don't worry about that girl and Mark."

Johnny left the dorm. Haechan went on a search for a big plushie, knowing that Fai finds comfort in cuddling into stuffed animals. Haechan snuck into Doyoungs room, who thankfully was out, and stole the big penguin plushie on the bed. Haechan handed Fai the plushie and she automatically went to cuddling it as she used her phone.

When Fai mentioned that Mark got busy, Haechan got extremely suspicious. He knew that he heard Mark's voice in the 10th-floor dorm half an hour prior to Fai coming over. So Haechan texted his favourite and most reliable member, Taeil, asking him if Mark was at the dorm and when he arrived. Taeil answered that Mark arrived at seven and is still at the dorm.

"Yo," Haechan spoke up, Fai looked at him, "Let's go to the tenth floor."

"I'm lazy," Fai said, "Do you need something from there?"

"Yes, I do," Haecahan answered quickly.

"And that is?"

"Taeil Hyung took my gaming equipment and I want to get it back. I can't get everything on my own." Haechan pleaded, "Please, I'll pay you."

Fai jumped up, "You had me at money."

"Oi, oi!" Taeyoung yelled from his room, "Where are you two children going?"

"Tenth floor!" Haechan answered.

"And please Oppa, for the love of everything great on this earth, please stop referring us as children, it's been three years," Fai yelled back.

"You're children because I still have to remind you not to get in trouble!" Taeyoung yelled.

"Whatever," Haechan scoffed, "We'll be back in ten minutes."

The two left the dorm and went up to the tenth floor, Haechan put in the code and they walked to Taeils room. Fai heard a guitar playing, she smiled knowing that there would be only one person in the dorm playing the instrument. Fai walked over to the door, knocking once then opening it, "Boo!"

"Jesus, Fai! You scared the living shit out of me," Mark said, holding his hand to his heart.

Fai's eyes widened once she took a proper look at the room, Mark was sat on a chair while a girl was sat on his bead, "Are you serenading her or something?"

"Why would I even do that?"

"Hey!" The girl stood up smiling to Fai, 'even her smile is prettier than mine' Fai thought to herself, "I'm-"

"Nagyung, I know," Fai cut her off, with her arms crossed. Fai went back to speaking in English, "I thought you were busy."

"I came back from practice at seven."

"Babe," Fai sighed, she never referred to Mark to that unless she was annoyed, "It's quarter to eleven. I don't get it, why is she here?"

"It was really spontaneous. She texted me less than half an hour ago, I replied and we decided to hang out here," Mark explained, calmly and truthfully.

"Excuse me," Fai called out to Nagyung, speaking in Korean, "Can you give us space?"

"Nagyung, can you leave?" Mark asked his friend, "We need to talk."

"I'm sorry Fai, but can you refer to me as Unnie next time?" Nagyung asked Fai. Fai rose her eyebrow, she wanted to slap the smile out of Nagyung's face.

"No, you should call me Sunbaenim though." Fai widened the door, allowing Nagyung to leave. It was the first time Fai used the fact that she debuted in her power, she usually hated it when people would refer to her as Sunbaenim, but today it was useful.
Fai went over and sat on the bed across of Mark who put his guitar away, "We'll be honest to each other tonight, right?"

"Always," Mark nodded.

"I'm not here to tell you who you should be hangout with, that you should stay away from girls or whatever. Because that would be so hypocritical of me. I trust you, you can do whatever you want because I know, actually no I hope, that you love me and you would never intentionally hurt me," Fai started to say, "I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't feel jealous because to me it felt like you were spending more time with her."

"I'm sorry that I made you feel that way. I'm not an idiot, I didn't want you to feel like you're second best, because you're my girlfriend and you're honestly the only girl I ever think about. I understand where you're coming from now thinking about it and honestly, I'm a fucking dick."

"I let it slide though, I understand that she's a person you just rekindled your friendship with. But last night, I wanted to cry to you, rant to you, and not Jungkook because you're my boyfriend. And it stings that the night when I needed you the most, you were with Nagyung, despite the fact that I called you wanting to hang out," Fai took a deep breath trying to organise her thoughts, "It stings, even more, seeing her here on your bed. I trust you with my whole entire heart. But seeing that, I felt humiliated, embarrassed, mortified, upset, ridiculed, shamed and I can go on for days. Not only because she was there, but also because we were supposed to hang out today and you got busy, yet I come up to the tenth floor and I see her and you in this room. That sight made me feel like shit."

"I thought you were upset about last night, I thought I was doing you a favour for leaving you alone."

"No man, that's a shit excuse. The least you could've done was text me about how I was feeling," Fai trailed.

"No, you're right. I fucked up big time, not only today but last night and all the other days where I made you feel like I prioritise Nagyung over you." Fai nodded wanting him to carry on, Mark was on the right road on making Fai feel better. "I should've done better and I will do better. I'm sorry."

"Okay. Accepted. Court has been adjourned."

"We're all clear? No hard feelings?"

"None at all."

Mark widened his arms, signalling for a hug. Fai went over to sit on Mark's lap, wrapping her arm around his neck. Mark pecked Fai's cheek, "I love you so much."

Fai smiled, "You better."

"Say it back."

"I love you too."

"Damn we handled this really well, I'm honestly impressed."

"Same here, I can't believe I didn't throw a chair at either her or you."

"I'm glad you didn't."

Fai stood up looking at the bed, "Can you change the sheets on your bed? I don't want her perfume stinking your room."

Mark let out a laugh and started to remove his sheets, "Your pettiness, it's hot."

"That's my charm."

- - -

⋰˚☆ Aya's Thoughts

yaaaayy okay so what do you think about this chapter?

any requests?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 12.3K 78
"It's scary living your life knowing that once glance can dictate your whole future." Soulmate AU NCT Jungwoo (This is my first book so bare with me)
112K 4.5K 42
A soundcloud rapper Mark who isn't quite recognized yet, unexpectedly meets a girl who has his song blasting in a flower shop. ✭ 1st book of the "Tur...
13.5K 632 21
✘ ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴀᴜ ✘ ❝-ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ, ꜰᴜᴄᴋ ᴏꜰꜰ❞ ✘ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ, ᴍɪɴ-ᴋʏᴜɴɢ ꜱᴜꜰꜰᴇʀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴜᴍɪʟɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ "ꜰᴜᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ" ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴡʀɪꜱᴛ. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ...
3.8M 184K 120
☾ Idol au ☾ Social media/text au ☾ "Yo what, how did you know that?" "Mark...I'm literally your fan." Book 1 in the Dreaming series Book cover: @...