Fai | K-Pop Soloist

By funkwav

In which Fai lives her life as Big Hit's first female soloist. Book 1, set in 2019. Book 2 Published Cover b... More

✧ FAI K-PROFILES ✧
✧ MAMA 2018 ✧
✧ RELATIONSHIP HISTORY ✧
✧ INSIDE FAI'S PHONE ✧
✧ FAI'S 18TH BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ FAI BEING MENTIONED BY OTHER IDOLS ✧
✧ ALPHABET WITH FAI ✧
✧ SBS GAYO DAEJEJUN ✧
✧ KBS GAYO DAEJEJUN ✧
✧ LATE NIGHT WITH MARK ✧
✧ MBC GAYO ✧
✧ GOTTA GO ✧
✧ SPOTIFY PLAYLIST ✧
✧ SOOMPI ARTICLE 01 ✧
✧ SOOMPI ARTICLE 02 ✧
✧ SEOUL MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ V LIVE 01 ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 01 ✧
✧ NEO CITY IN SEOUL ✧
✧ V LIVE 02 ✧
✧ FAI'S SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS ✧
✧ FAI'S QUOTES ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 02 ✧
✧ V LIVE 03 ✧
✧ VALENTINES DAY ✧
✧ FAI'S FRIENDS ✧
✧ BANGTAN BOMB 01 ✧
✧ IDOLS WHO CRUSHED ON FAI ✧
✧ KOREAN MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ TXT'S DEBUT ✧
✧ ANNIVERSARY ✧
✧ SOULMATES ✧
✧ RENJUN'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ KAI & FAI ✧
✧ JOHNNY'S COMMUNICATION CENTER ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 04 ✧
✧ DEBUT ANNIVERSARY ✧
✧ JAEMIN & FAI ✧
✧ IDOLS FAI ADMIRES ✧
✧ JENO'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ THE FACT MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ TEXT MESSAGES ✧
✧ FAI'S SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS 2 ✧
✧ FAI'S STATISTICS ✧
✧ FAI IN CHICAGO ✧
✧ FAI IN VANCOUVER ✧
✧ FAI & FELIX ✧
✧ SOOMPI 03 ✧
✧ FAI'S HABITS ✧
✧ DESTINY ANNIVERSARY ✧
✧ HAECHAN'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ CrAcK VIDEO ✧
✧ TEXT MESSAGES 02 ✧
✧ SOOMPI 04 ✧
✧ WHAT'S IN FAI'S BAG? ✧
✧ FAI'S INTERACTIONS ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TEASERS ✧
✧ FLOURISHING ALBUM PACKAGING ✧
✧ FLOURISHING ✧
✧ FLOURISHING PROMOTIONS ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ WHAT'S IN FAI'S PHONE? 02 ✧
✧ SOOMPI 05 ✧
✧ MGMA AWARDS ✧
✧ MARK'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ FAI'S UNIVERSE ✧
✧ THE FLOURISHING TOUR IN SEOUL ✧
✧ JAEMIN'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ FAI BEING MENTIONED BY OTHER IDOLS 02 ✧
✧ FAI ONCE SAID... ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ SORIBADA AWARDS ✧
✧ SOOMPI 06 ✧
✧ BUZZFEED INTERVIEW ✧
✧ FAI'S FASHION ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN SYDNEY ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 05 ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN EUROPE ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA 02 ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 06 ✧
✧ GLOBAL CITIZEN FESTIVAL ✧
✧ WIRED INTERVIEW ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA ✧
✧ SOOMPI 07 ✧
✧ FAI WITH SUPERM ✧
✧ PLAYLIST OF MY LIFE ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA 03 ✧
✧ DECALCOMANIA ✧
✧ V LIVE 04 Mark & Fai✧
✧ MEETING ✧
✧ FLOURISHING TOUR IN ASIA ✧
✧ AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ FAI'S QUOTES ✧
✧ SOOMPI 08 ✧ (HYUNJIN & FAI)
✧ MELON MUSIC AWARDS ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ MAMA 2019 ✧
✧ FAI'S FEELS 07 ✧
✧ SOCIAL MEDIA 04 ✧
✧ MARK & FAI ✧
✧ FAI'S BIRTHDAY ✧
✧ SBS GAYO ✧
✧ KBS GAYO ✧
✧ NEW YEARS EVE ✧
ANNOUNCEMENT * THE END*

✧ ASIA ARTIST AWARD ✧

3.7K 108 18
By funkwav

⋰˚☆ Red Carpet

- - -

⋰˚☆ Performance

Gotta Go + Snapping

- - -

⋰˚☆

Fai got out of her dressing room, about to walk back to the award show.

Fai stopped in her tracks, "Oppa, I need to talk to someone."

"And who in the world would that be?" Jinyoung asked.

"Hyunjin from Stray Kids."

Jinyoung rose his eyebrow, "You've gotten quite confrontational this year. A good trait to have, but don't take it to far Fai."

"I won't I just want to ask him something."

The two walked over to Stray Kids' dressing room and luckily enough, the group were there and not out watching the award show.

Fai slowly entered the dressing room bowing to those she had seen. Bang Chan smiled, "Hey Fai."

"Hi," Fai smiled, "Congrats on your award and your performance was great as well."

"Oh thanks! Congrats on yours as well. We were just about to go back to the award show, want to come with?"

"You guys go ahead," Hyunjin spoke up, "I think Fai wants to talk to me."

The Stray Kids members bid their goodbyes and Fai watched them as they left the room. Slowly, the room started to get empty as the staff too were leaving, "I'm sorry if I made you feel bad about yourself at any point in our friendship."

"You haven't," Hyunjin spoke quickly, "It's just that, I misinterpreted one thing that we did together two years ago, when in reality you made everything clear as day. Because of that one misinterpretation, my feelings got fucked up."

"That's a relief," Fai sighed, that was a long time and she had no idea how Hyunjin's feelings never went especially as they don't even talk often anymore, "I don't get it, though. What in the world were you thinking if you thought that saying all of that would be okay? Did you think that I'd never find out?"

"I'm sorry for bringing you up it's uncalled for."

"That's the nicest way to put it and saying that you're shocked I have a boyfriend is so insulting."

"I swear I didn't mean it negatively, I meant it in the sense that you never gave me any signals so I'm shocked that he got signals."

"That's insulting to him too. I didn't give you any signals because I didn't like you in that way."

"I'm sorry," Hyunjin said. The two stayed silent for a moment and he spoke up again, "Your boyfriend, he's lucky to have you."

"Yeah," Fai trailed, Hyunjin just had to make the atmosphere even more awkward, "Please don't bring me up again. I don't care whether it's positive or negative, I just find it really unnecessary."

"I understand and I definitely know that."

"Alright, at least we cleared the air," Fai nodded slowly, "I'm going back to the show."

Fai returned back to the seat assigned to her, she was seated with the other two soloists who came to Vietnam for the award show, being Zico and Kang Daniel. The three of them would speak to each other throughout the show, they had to especially since the show is 4 and half hours and they were only three hours in. Fai already knew Zico throughout the years through BigHit as Zico knew BTS and BangPD. Fai knew Kang Daniel as he used to be with Wanna One and their schedules would always clash. Fai put her arms on the table in front of her, resting her chin on her hand as she waited for the award show to continue since it was currently an ad break.

"Zico Oppa," Fai suddenly said, catching the attention of the two men she was sitting with, "What're you excited for today?"

"Ummm," Zico pondered.

"Your paycheck?" Fai asked jokingly.

Both Zico and Daniel laughed, "I know I'm getting some awards tonight but I don't know which ones. I'm excited to find out what I got."

"What about you Daniel Oppa," Fai diverted the attention to the other soloist sat on the table.

Daniel covered his mouth for whatever he was going to say so it can't be caught by a camera or the audience, the two others moved closer to hear him clearly. Daniel whispered, "My girlfriend."

Fai's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. Fai was a bit clueless to put it nicely, she rarely knew about who was dating who for the simple reason of, 'I don't care' so Daniel having a girlfriend was news, "Your what now?"

"My girlfriend... It was exposed in August. Didn't you know?" Daniel asked he was shocked that Fai didn't know as it was all over the news for a solid week.

"Well in August I was preparing for my tour so I stayed off my phone." Fai lied through her teeth, Zico snorted. He knew Fai was lying because he went to the BigHit building multiple times to use their practice room, every time he walked past the artist lounge Fai was sprawled out on the couch using her phone, "Who is it?"

"Jihyo from Twice," Daniel answered.

Fai looked over to Twice, the group was seated in front of them. Fai tried to do an order of operation, trying to figure out who Jihyo is but failed. The truth is, she only knew the names of two members of Twice. Tzuyu because they were friends, Chaeyong because Fai went to her boyfriend's tattoo parlour and she saw Chaeyong there. To put it nicely, it was an awkward experience. In Fai's defence, JYP did a terrible job at giving the girls solo opportunities so how would Fai know all nine of their names if they weren't given the opportunity to promote themselves individually.

Fai went back to looking at Daniel, "Which one is she?"

"The leader," Daniel whispered.

"Oh, Oppa that's really cool! Congrats!"

"Thank you," Kang Daniel smiled, "What're you excited for?"

"Umm," Fai paused to think, "Performing."

Zico asked Fai, "After all the touring you've done the past couple of months, you still feel excited to perform?"

"Yeah, it's fun. I like it when people cheer for me."

"So you like the attention?" Kang Daniel asked.

"If anyone in this industry says they don't like getting attention when they perform are a liar."

Zico nodded, "Ooo that's right, the ones who complain about getting attention are the same ones who cry when they don't get it."

"I don't really enjoy the attention much," Kang Daniel trailed.

Zico gasped, "Liar! If you didn't like the attention then why are you here as a soloist?"

"Let's just come to the conclusion that all three of us here, like the attention we receive when we perform," Fai said

Kang Daniel let out a laugh nodding, "Sure, we can. You exposed me."

"Kang Daniel-ssi, we need you backstage." A staff worker came, presumably to get Kang Daniel ready for his performance. The ad-break was done and the show was going to carry on.

"Fai-yah," Zico called around ten minutes later. The two sat in silence as they watched two groups perform.

Fai turned to look at her senior, "Yes Oppa?"

"I have a song I finished producing, I want to write the lyrics with you and maybe then you would like to release the song."

"Are you being serious?"

Zico nodded, "Yes, I am. How does that sound?"

Fai pouted her lips feeling emotional, "Oppa... No high ranking producer ever wanted to write with me or give me a song."

"Oh God, why do you look so emotional?"

"It's a big deal for me," Fai started to tear up, "I never thought there would be a day where someone would ask to write a song with me."

Zico patted Fai's back, "Please don't cry. People will think I said something bad to you."

"I don't know why I'm like this."

Zico sighed pulling out his handkerchief and wiped Fai's under-eye, "You're still a baby."

"Oppa please tap, you're removing my makeup," Fai sniffed.

"Well stop tearing up then your makeup won't be removed," Zico listened to Fai and started to tap her under eyes using the handkerchief, "I regret asking you."

"Fai-ssi, we need you backstage for a bit." A producer came.

Fai stood up, "I'll see you later."

- - -

⋰˚☆ Artist of the Year award

"I feel really flustered. Winning a Daesang that is Artist of the Year is the last thing I thought I would win tonight. I really don't know whether I have the right to receive this award instead of the people in front of me, as well as the many other artists who have shared such incredible music with us. There are so many things I would like to say and they're not organised in my head, but I'll try to speak calmly.

"Umm, I would like to convey my thanks to Bang Shi Hyuk PD-nim, the Big Hit composers, and all the many other staff. Additionally, I would like to especially to thank Son Sungdeok-nim and all the choreographers in the company, also to the dancers who perform alongside me. To my label mates, BTS Sunbaenim and Tomorrow by Together, thank you for making every day in the company feel a lot less lonely. Also, to all my friends and family, thank you for always giving me strength. And lastly, to Destinies, if it weren't for you then I would not be standing here and receiving this award.

"Truly, to me, I thought I was nothing, but the fact that I could seriously receive acknowledgement through music and receive so much love from Destinies, I feel that I am somebody in this industry. You send me messages saying that you receive healing due to my music, that you're happy because of me and every time I receive messages like that, I get a lump in my throat. Because of you, I always think that I should continue to deliver good music and performances to you all.

"Honestly, after I return home having finished a big event like this one, as I go home, it truly feels weak... No, that's not the right word, it feels really dull? Empty... Soulless? I don't think any of those words are right, I'm sorry.

"Like I...I just work hard in the company, make music, practise in the practice room, and after that, I dance and sing on a floor that is as black as this one, and that's all there is to it. I always think whether, I, as a soloist in an industry filled with groups, if I can actually achieve something, whether I'm actually in the process of doing something. Thoughts like these, they make my nights long and painfully dark.

"But all of you have become the lamp to that long and dark night of mine. I know I'm actually quite tall, but in an industry like this, surrounded by all these large and rightfully successful groups, I feel really small. However, I will try my hardest to become someone and to be a lamp that brightens your night. I love you. I'll work hard. Thank you!"

- - -

⋰˚☆

- - -

⋰˚☆ Aya's Thoughts

So I made the decision that I won't be updating in the weekends

anyways
what did you think of the chapter? u guys wanted hyunjin & fai to interact so i gave u hyunjin

any requests?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 2.3K 78
❪ "oh baby, I never said I was going to do anything." ❫ 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎 ; she aspired to succeed. idol au; nct lee haechan. BOOK 1: in...
112K 4.5K 42
A soundcloud rapper Mark who isn't quite recognized yet, unexpectedly meets a girl who has his song blasting in a flower shop. ✭ 1st book of the "Tur...
1.5M 41.7K 53
[ENDING CHANGED/UPDATED] "You're the only girl who doesn't fall to my feet and it's driving me crazy." NCT Mark AU Mark x Reader
58.4K 1.9K 30
she follows her dreams but never expected to met a dream. • swearing • alcohol mentioned • book 2 of the social media series