Young Mate (Wattys2016)

By alphakim

Original #1 Wolf Story on Quotev Lexi Stine is 15 years old, care free, and perfectly happy with her boyfrien... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Edited Up To Here
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 &10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Sequel
Update

Chapter 1

25.2K 521 115
By alphakim

Thank you guys so much for clicking on my very first story! Enjoy!

*** IMPORTANT ***

-Luna is not the right term for a female alpha, lupa is. Don't trust wiki or other wattpaders, actually research it. 

-I tried to make it a thing to use Alfa instead of Luna, but I don't really like it so I'll use Alpha Female.

-Some parts of this book might still use Alfa, and I don't want anyone else to comment that it's mispelled or leave offensive comments about it, I'll edit it later.

-I'll delete all comments about alfa, and mute those who leave rude comments. (including about this rant) 

sorry if i sound like a b*tch, but when you get 114 comments saying 'alfa is misspelled' or 'no one cares'...you can only take it so many times....

Lexi Stine

I stand up in my math class and walk to the front of the room, to turn in my worksheets. Having nothing else to do, I sit at my desk to wait out the next twenty minutes.

The bell rings and my teacher tells us we can leave. I shove my books into my bag and run out with the rest of the class.

School ended a few hours earlier today, so all the kids were really excited to rush out. I personally like school, but lately it's been pretty annoying. All anyone in this pack talks about is the return of Nickolas Devrend, our Alpha.

We are not a pack of werewolves; we're not lycans either. We are simply wolves who have the ability to shift into humans and back as we please. Our wolves and humans share a conscious together, and we are able to communicate with pure wolves and each other.

Nickolas has been away at an Alpha training academy for the last three years and would be returning today, on his 21st birthday. All the unmated females were freaking out way too much, all eager to find out who Nickolas would take as his mate. They all rejoiced in the chance of becoming his Alpha Female.

A male wolf is paired with his mate on his 18th birthday by the Luna, our moon spirit. He can start his search for her that day and, with luck, would find her. But since Nickolas was supposed to be the Alpha, he was sent away to the Alpha Academy in Canada to complete training and was coming back today.

Technically, our wolves select our own mates when the time comes, but our wolves are loyal to the Luna and she's the one who helps our wolves make the right choice.

I don't really care much for this Alpha the way those girls did. All I care about is my boyfriend and mate, Aaron Rons. Or, at least I hope he'll be my mate. We were best friends before we started dating two years ago.

I would have to wait a while to make sure he was my mate though, because we were only 15, but I love him so much. I spot him leaving his class and catch up with him. He greets me with a hug and kiss and we follow out the steady stream of kids.

We leave the school building and start walking to the pack house. Our pack bigger than most and we have our own school on the territory; it keeps us safe from humans.

"I don't remember him at all. What do you think he'll be like?" Aaron asks me, referring to our Alpha.
"Tall." I reply bluntly, causing him to chuckle. All Alphas are tall.

"I just hope he's a good leader, and his mate is a strong one."

"Whatever."

I admit I'm a little envious of the Alpha; I'm envious of anyone with a higher status than me, which are only Alphas. I was born to one of the three Betas of the pack. My older brother, Liam, would take over that position though, in a year.

Each pack has it's own laws about rankings, and our pack states that a first born must turn 18 before taking over a position. The Alpha must be 21 years old, and there is no difference with genders.

Aaron is the son of the other Beta and would take that position. Our parents all made sure that the children of Betas and Alphas were close, so they made sure we were all friends from a young age, seeing as we were destined to work together and run the pack.

Aaron and I rarely hung out with Nickolas though; he was too arrogant and cocky. That and he's six years older than us.

Aaron, however, is always kind to me and our friendship is so powerful. I smile, remembering the time he sent me a letter years ago in class. 'Do you like me? Circle Yes or No.' I circled yes, and we shared our first kiss at a campfire that evening.

We've been going out for two full years.

Everyone else seems to believe we were supposed to be mates someday, so we were just counting down the days until he could claim me. Of course my parents completely approve of Aaron and are completely supportive of him.

We arrive at the pack house in the center of the village and are pointed in the direction of the kitchen and shown the oven and cookbook.

"Sorry kids, the guys are setting up outside and most of the girls are getting ready." says an older wolf. I roll my eyes.

"Yet another reason to hate this day." I mutter, tossing my backpack on a nearby stool.
"Cheer up Lexi. We can add twice as many chocolate chips to the cookies." I smile at the idea and start helping Aaron with the desserts.

It's kind of fun baking the cakes and cookies, but the amount of freaking out girls is getting annoying. Kristen, the daughter of the other Beta is one of these girls.

"I heard he was beyond handsome! Can you imagine me having Alpha pups!" She shrieks as I zip up her tight, sequined dress.

"No." I say shortly. She glares at me and then smiles again, probably thinking about Nickolas. Kristen is normally nice to me, but she's determined to become his mate, which makes me want to vomit.

Once Aaron and I finish baking the food, we plop down next to each other on the couch. I lean into his chest and barely brush my lips to his, when my mom walks by.

"Later. Go take a shower and put some appropriate clothes on." She orders me. Aaron chuckles as I stomp out of the pack house into my own, stomp up to my room and slam the door.

"What's the damn deal about this Alpha?" I say in my empty room. "We all know who he is, and what he's supposed to do in the pack." We've always had an Alpha, what is the big deal?

I don't really know him, but I already had to do a bunch of stuff for him. I think about the decorations I helped set up outside yesterday, the gifts I had to help pay for, the food I just cooked.

All I want to do is take a long run and let my wolf get tired, but I'm expected to be beside my parents when Nickolas takes the official role of Alpha. So I stand up and walk into my bathroom to take a dreadful shower on a Friday afternoon; Fridays are supposed to be lazy days once school's over.

I towel myself dry and change into some black shorts and a white, black and mint short sleeved shirt with some mint vans. I decide to leave my hair hanging.

I leave my room and make my way down to the first floor of the house. The house I was living in was home to eleven other kids around my age, including Aaron and Liam.

The first floor is crowded with a bunch of girls wearing tight, revealing dresses and platinum heels. They're helping each other curl and spray their hair and apply layers of make up on.

I do my best to ignore the 'Is my hair alright?' and 'Do I look fat in this?' questions as I slip out of the house and over to the fields where the ceremony would take place.

I meet up with Aaron who's wearing some khaki shorts and a collared shirt behind a tree. I tip my toes up and slowly kiss him before we head to the ceremonial aisle to take our seats.

Our younger pups, from five to eight sing some song as the famous Nickolas walks exits the pack house and makes his way towards the ceremonial arch. He kneels on a small bench and bends over, so his head is close to the floor.

I'm sitting in a line of chairs behind our parents in between Liam and Aaron. Kristen sits in the seat closest to Nickolas. She has a huge fake smile plastered on her face and is constantly inhaling deeply to expand her chest.

"Think Kristen will get her wish as the Alpha Female of the pack? Or get rejected and run home in tears." I whisper quietly to Aaron. He smiles and tries his best to stifle a laugh, causing me to smirk.

"I accept the role of Alpha of the Devrend pack." I looked up for the first time in the entire ceremony. I saw Nickolas's black hair as he bows down respectfully to our eldest wolf as she chants an ancient song.

Once it was over, he stands up and faces the cheering pack; my mom had said I could leave once the ceremony ended, so I grab Aaron's hand and pull him towards the soccer fields, about a half mile away.

I desperately want to shift to my wolf, but the thought of getting naked and the risk of someone seeing me is enough to convince me otherwise.

Some of the males had started a soccer game, and I decide to join.

"Where are you going little Lexi, to cook up some food? How about giving me something sweet." A perverted male asks.

"Hey!" Aaron protests and wraps a possessive arm around my waist.

"Fuck off." I growl. He cowers at my voice and remembers I'm from a higher blood line. He lowers his head and quits talking.

"I'm going to play." I state, and join a team with Aaron.

"Dang, my mate's got more balls than me." Aaron laughs.

"Damn right. C'mon let's play." I playfully shove his arm.

"Of course, my dear Beta." He says teasingly.

"Shut up." I snap pecking his lips.

We kick off the ball and I pass it to an open guy. I run down the side, dodging anyone in my way. The ball is kicked back and forth between the two teams for a good half hour, before Aaron manages to pass it to me. I pass two guys before getting a clear shot at the goal.

I cross over and the ball passes the goalie and rolls into the goal. I throw my hands in the air and scream. All the guys on my side cheer and high five me. Aaron pulls me into a hug, which I quickly return before he pulls me into a kiss.

Nickolas

My father sent a car to pick me up from the airport once I landed that awful 8 hour flight.

Most Alphas never even have to go to this training academy; the only reason my parents made me go is because the Devrend pack is one of the largest in the world and would need a top leader. But finally, after three long years, I'm going home.

The air smells amazing in the pack house, especially the kitchen, and my wolf was on high alert. Today is the day I would find my mate. I already smell her, but it's impossible to find her in this crowded place. I was supposed to find her three years ago, but I had to go to stupid Alpha Academy. No matter, today she would be mine.

My parents came before I can start my search through the village and drag me to the back door of the house. My wolf is much more concerned about finding my mate, but realizes every girl in the pack would be outside. My mate has to be out there.

I walk down the stone path, darting my eyes all over the place and sniffing constantly, trying to pick up the scent again. Unfortunately, now I can't pick out her scent because of the overused perfume all over the place.

The smell makes me nauseous as I kneel in front of the elder. Bowing my head, I recite my promise and passage to become a responsible Alpha for my pack. Before turning around to face my new pack, I caught sight of a young girl sitting off to the side; I stopped breathing.

She has beautiful black hair that shines in the bright sunlight and large brown eyes that make me melt. Her face is bright and clear, especially with that heart-warming smile and soft cheekbones. She has a perfect, athletic body, which looks stunning in her clothes.

I just want to take her and kiss her perfect pink lips.

She's whispering to a guy who then tries to hide his laughter. I turned around before anyone could notice my staring and faced the cheering crowds. A few seconds pass before I turn around to see the girl again. She's not there.

I try to leave as soon as I could, but I have to shake hands with every other leader of the pack. Then my mother pushes me to a line of waiting girls, all wearing dresses and a disturbing amount of make up or jewelry.

I shake hands with each one, and ignore their fallen faces when there were no sparks as our hands touched. I rush through the groups before returning to the chair the girl was sitting at. I deeply inhale her scent; vanilla, pine, and something else I couldn't identify.

Go! Now, before you lose her again! My wolf orders. I do as he told and follow her scent through fields and pass meadows and trails.

I reach a large flat soccer field and realize a game is on. I search each player until I see the girl. She's strong, I realize. Strong and fast; a lot faster than most of the guys. She gets a hold of the ball and whisks it over to the goal and scores. My face breaks out in a grin at her energy.

I start walking over to her, as she high fives everyone. Then the boy who was sitting next to her at the ceremony pulls her into a hug. It must be her brother, I thought. I'm pretty sure he would be one of my betas.

I'm quickly proven wrong when I see him take her face in his hands and kiss her lips. My wolf growls at the scene and takes control as I run over and push the guy to the ground. "Mine!" I growl turning to the girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.1K 15
Aubrey Edwards is a seventeen year old werewolf. Her father is the Beta of her pack. Drake Evans is a eighteen year old werewolf. His father is the A...
39.9K 874 55
Mariah is a trauma nurse her life isn't always perfect, three years ago her mother died when she graduated University her father abandoned her and he...
638K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
138K 3.8K 15
Maxine Daniels is a 18 year old werewolf. Her father is the Alpha of the Star Dust pack. Max doesn't have a mate until she meets the very gorgeous Al...