Sidekick (Bts x reader)

By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Being the sidekick of your own life and frankly, I don't care. It was incredibly pathetic during High school... More

I'm
Nearing
The
End
Of
My
Fourth
Year
I
Feel
Like
I've
Been
Lacking,
Crying
Too
Many
Tears.
Everyone
Seemed
To
Say
It
Was
So
Great.
But
Did
I
Miss
Out,
Was
It
A
Huge
Mistake?
I
Can't
Help
The
Fact
I
Like
To
Be
Alone.
It
Might
Sound
Kinda
Sad,
But
That's
Just
What
I
Seem
To
Know.
I
Tend
To
Handle
Things
Usually
By
Myself.
And
I
Can't
Ever
Seem
To
Try
And

Ask for help.

3.9K 111 83
By FixitFelixxxxxxx

(My ending for the book. Again-it isn't about the individual, rather the backstory.)

True Ending

"Sweetie, I missed you. Why haven't you visited me yet?" Mom asks over the phone. I could practically see the pout by the way she sounded.

I didn't have the energy to deal with this question. I had a few things I needed to get off my mind and I thought this was the perfect job for my mother.

"Mom, I actually have something I want to talk to you about" I say tiredly with a sigh.
"What is it, Sweetheart?" Mom asks. I can hear that she's worried already.

"It's nothing serious. I just...have a lot on my mind" I try to calm her down.

Before she could create a response, I'm talking once again.
"I don't think I feel well. I constantly feel like I can't breathe and the walls are closing in on me sometimes. I don't want to eat food at all and I feel like my stomach is doing flips all the time. I can barely sleep. I feel so tired Mom...What's wrong with me?" I ramble a little as I hold the phone closer and closer to my ear, knees to my shoulders, curling myself into a ball. I went to a doctor.

They gave me pills for anxiety and stress or whatever but I don't think it's working.

"Did you go to a doctor?" Mom asks, very worried.
"I did but I don't know-I don't feel better-at least I don't think so" I say, trying to take deep breaths, trying not to spiral. The human mind really is the worst kind of space.

"Should I come visit you?" Mom asks.
"No, that's ok. I just want someone to talk to" I quickly deny the idea. I don't like the fact that Mom would be traveling by herself.

"I don't know what to do, Sweetheart" Mom panics a little.
"You don't have to do anything. I just want you to listen..." I say, trying to calm Mom down.

"I can do that" Mom says enthusiastically.
"Tell me what's on your mind" Mom adds on seriously.

"...Please don't laugh at me" I start as I take a breather. I know Felix will tell me I'm being stupid and that I should get over it. Besides BTS, I can't think of anyone levelheaded enough to help me and that I want to share my problems with. I just feel like I'm suffocating and I want to get better.

"Of course not" Mom quickly answers.
"...There might be a guy I like" I start after I find a bit of confidence but Mom starts celebrating way too quickly.

"That's fantastic, Sweetheart! I can finally have some grandkids" Mom cheers on the other side. I roll my eyes at that predicted reaction.

"Mom, please take this seriously" I scowl a little. It probably wasn't a good thing to call Mom about this. I should've just sucked it up with Felix. Not like he would be useful anyway...

"Do you remember Jungkook from high school?" I ask and Mom basically squeals.
"Is it Jungkook?! I knew you two would end up together!" She cheers.

"Please listen to me. Do you remember Yoongi and Namjoon that I brought home when I came to visit?" I ask.

"How could I forget? The first boys-or should I say men-that you brought home" Mom squeals like a teenager over the phone.
"Mom" I groan in frustration. I shouldn't have called her. Oh well-I'm already this deep.

"Yes yes. I'm listening" she says.
"They are all in a group called BTS. I don't know if you remember, but when I was in University, I told you about three other men. Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok" I continue.

"It rings a bell" Mom simply says.
"But I didn't tell you about the last one, Seokjin" I say, making sure I listed everyone.
"So that's the seven of them and they make music together" I continue.

"What do you want to tell me, (Y/N)? Do you like one of them? You know-it's perfectly fine to like someone and fall in love" Mom says before I could even answer her questions.

"I don't know. Just listen" I sigh at this point, feeling hopeless.
"So, Seokjin told me he loved me a few months ago" I start but get interrupted once again by Mom.

"You have a boyfriend?! Is he handsome? Send some pictu-" Mom starts on one of her rambling scenes but I interrupt her.

"Mom, I'm feeling anxious talking to you, getting interrupted so many times. I will hang up" I tell her with a beating heart accompanied with a short of breath.

"Sorry Sweetheart. I'll keep quiet. I promise" Mom says. I sit a bit in silence to see if she got something left to say.

"...Thank you. Anyway, after what happened with Seokjin, the other six of them told me they liked me. I already feel like I wasted Jin's time by making him wait so long and now I have the others to consider too. And I don't even know if I want to date one of them because it is so much work to date someone famous. It's already a lot of work to be their friend" I admit out loud for the first time.

"I also don't want to disappoint or make anyone upset or angry just because I didn't choose them. I want them all to have a peaceful relationship" I say and take a breather.

"What advice can you give me, Mom?" I ask. There's silence on the other end as she thinks about an answer.

"...First of all, it's a lot of work to be friends with anyone, famous or not but it's worth it to put in the extra effort. That's just how relationships grow. Second of all, if they get angry with you or with each other, it wasn't meant to be. Things just feel right as if things fall into place. And you need to remember that it's ok to make mistakes. You might think you love the one now when you actually love the other. It's only human to make mistakes. Heck-I made mistakes too!" Mom laughs at the last bit. I take her words into consideration. I did not expect Mom to say something so useful. I just wanted someone to listen.

"I think what you're feeling is just love. Once you get a taste, you can't get enough-kind of story. Have you been spending more time with this person?" Mom asks. I nod like a fool.
"Yeah" I say.

"Well then-now that we discovered the problem-what are you going to do?" Mom asks. I don't say anything.

"Call me back and tell me how it went" Mom giggles a little and hangs up the phone.
"Right" I say to myself as I jump to my feet. I set my phone down on a nearby table. I head to the bathroom to splash a bit of water on my face. Mom said something useful.

I really am not the romantic. I can only guess with what people do in the movies.

I decide on what I want to do and pick up my phone. I dial his number. I don't even know if he's free now.

"Pick up. Pick up" I say as the phone rings. He picks up.
"Hey, quite the unexpected call. Is something wrong?" His concerned voice gives me goosebumps. His voice is right by my ear!

"A-are you busy right now?" I stutter at first but quickly gather my courage.
"Is something wrong?" His voice sounds more concerned.
"No. I just want to meet up" I say.
"This soon?" He asks.
"Yeah, are you busy?" I ask again.

"Not exactly. I finish in thirty minutes. Let me treat you to dinner, unless if you've already eaten" he says. I check the time. It was well past ten. I haven't eaten yet so I might as well eat dinner with him.

"I'll order pizza. My place. Bye" I shortly say, hanging up the phone before he could deny.

I order pizza on my way out my home. I needed to get stuff. I rush to the nearest flower store. I purchase a single rose. I rush to the nearest supermarket. I buy chocolates and cold drinks.

I get back to my home in such a rush to get everything ready. The pizza arrives surprisingly fast for once. Now I just need to mentally prepare myself. I never did this stuff before...

I jump at the notification that appeared on my phone. He texted to say that he was here. In the speed of light, I rush to get him but playing it cool once I enter his line of vision.

"Hey" I say as I open up for him excitedly.
"Hey. I was actually pretty surprised that you called me over" Seokjin says with a laugh.

"Y-yeah. I missed you" I say as I stare at the ground.

Why is this so difficult?! I was fine talking with him before. Is it just because I'm aware of my feelings for him...

"Aww. Missed you too, Love" he says as he gently pats my head. I don't think my heart can take this...

"Let's go" I say as I remove his hand from my head and into my own hand.
"You're getting me all jumpy back here" Jin says behind me as he swings our hands around.

I take my other free hand to cover my face. He's so freaking cute!

I was pretty happy myself that we held hands all the way to my home. I somehow managed to keep a normal conversation with him. It sounds like he had a long day today but he's here with me now, being as energetic as ever.

Mom was right. Relationships are work.

I figured I would ask Jin out after dinner. I was eating slower and slower when I realized it was soon time.

"C-can I get you some coffee?" I ask, cursing myself for that stupid stutter.
"No. I should be heading back. This has been amazing, Love. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow or I would've stayed longer but all good things have to come to an end" he says with a wink. I can feel myself blush.

"Uhm, Jin?" I call out as I grip onto his sleeve.
"Something wrong?" He asks with a tilt of his head.

I slowly bring out the rose I've been hiding behind my back as I shyly give it to him.

"I'm sorry for making you wait this long. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date-with me?" I ask as I look into his eyes. I wasn't going to ask him straight off the bat to be my boyfriend. I feel that would be way too fast.

I examine his face to see a huge smile on his face. I think it's just my imagination but it looks like he has tears in his eyes.

"Of course (Y/N)!" He says excitedly as he takes the rose from me. I suddenly felt his plump lips on mine. This felt right. It felt like things finally landed into place.

He pulls away with the brightest smile on his face, only to kiss me again. I pull away as I remember something.

"I also got chocolates" I say on my happy high.
"You really are perfect" Jin says as he gives me a huge hug.

Jin and I called the rest of BTS together to explain what happened. They were upset but didn't get between Jin and I which is all I could ask for.

I felt really bad that I gave them chocolate and cake. They only said it was harder.

They spent all their time practicing to get their minds off what happened. I couldn't help but feel guilty but Jin was there to comfort me all that he could. I really do feel like I made the right choice.

(I was originally planning for Namjoon to end up with her but I decided last minute on Jin.)

Thanks for making it this far. Thanks for all the support and with that, I completed my first book thing. Thanks for the journey guys!

I finished the editing process and it took a lot longer than what I hoped for...

Just a few questions and notes:

(You can comment here or privately text me on Wattpad or on my message board thing by conversations at my profile.)

-Which ending did you guys prefer? (Just curious about this one.)

-Some of you may have noticed the titles. It's from the song 'Prom dress' by Mxmtoon. (Song's at the top.) I felt like it referred to the bigger picture of the story.
It has been brought up that 'Sorry' by Halsey is also a really good song choice for this girl's story.
Thoughts?
(I absolutely love music so I thought it was a fun way to personalize my stories a bit. I will legit listen to anything besides the very electronic music.)

-What do you guys prefer at the beginning of each chapter? Songs or pictures? Or both?

-You can ask me any questions. Just know that I know just as much as you for these stories 😂.

-I hope the ending is satisfying enough.

-And please know that I really really REALLY appreciate the support. I never thought I would get past 50 reads-never mind where we are now.

-I worked really hard on this story so please do not steal.

-I am open to any suggestions for a new title and thing to describe my story and cover page. I will give credit. (Privately contact me on Wattpad please.)

-I do write other stories and have a few so long posted (not completed yet). You can check it out if you want but you really don't have to.

-I will be writing more in the future (no sequel to this thing tho 😂).

-And I must just say that I love the comments you guys leave. I read every single one. I just don't respond to everyone cause I'm also just an awkward being 😅
And that you guys are really nice and supportive. I did not expect to find that on Wattpad when I joined.

-CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is always welcomed.

-Please do not tie this BTS that I wrote about with the real BTS. We sometimes forget that they are real people with real feelings and emotions.

Thanks! That's it folks!

(I do not own the video.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

669K 18.7K 43
"Life isn't easy. You need to work for your happiness" BTS ot7 x reader.(OC) Soulmates au! Alternative universe! Started 2020.12.20 Completed 2021.0...
637K 13.3K 170
There's Nothing Like Us(ಥ_ಥ) y/n x bts - bts x bts I was dumb and immature when I made this book-it's cringe but enjoy:) TW: suicide, death, violen...
199 8 5
When you spend your Valentine's with a relative stranger, you think it's nothing more than just plain old fun. Your friends, however, seem to think d...
25.8K 757 53
"Hello" He was wearing a mask, but I swear I knew that voice from somewhere. "Hobi?!" ************** Enter the world of Y/N as she meets BTS, her id...