The Late Bloomer (Soft Draco...

By Jordan2020_x

*COMPLETE* *Not edited* In a world where Voldermort died in the first war. Luciana Jones was 14 years old whe... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
What I imagine her to look like
Chapter 2: The day it all started
Chapter 3: Before I found out
Chapter 4: When I find out
Chapter 5: Shopping
Chapter 6: Leaving all I've ever known
Chapter 7: The beginning
Chapter 8: Meeting him
Chapter 9: The First Saturday
Chapter 10: The Morning After
Chapter 11: Getting to know him
Chapter 12: A game of Truth or Dare
Chapter 14: Classes
Chapter 15: The after math
Chapter 16: Late Night Stories
Chapter 17: Finally facing 'her'
Chapter 18: Stolen kisses
Chapter 19: Astronomy
Chapter 20: Hogsmeade
Chapter 21: Green eyed monster
Chapter 22: Fireworks, literal and figurative
Chapter 23: A Night to Remember, although much rather forgotten
Chapter 24: Revenge Part 1
Chapter 25: Revenge Part 2
Chapter 26: Alone
Chapter 27: Dual
Chapter 28: Rings and Promises
Chapter 29: "Home"
Quick A/N: Please help
Chapter 29.2: Sanctuary
Chapter 30: Dates and Truces
Chapter 31: Goodbye, for now
Chapter 32: Summer
Chapter 33: Those Three Words
Epilogue: 20 Years Later
Last A/N + Q&A
Sequal?
Update

Chapter 13: Potions

534 17 3
By Jordan2020_x

I woke up at 7.15am. I got out of bed and quickly made it, trying my best to not disturb Dash, who was still sleeping at the bottom. I went for a shower and washed my hair. I let it dry naturally today and just used two green clips to pin it out of my face. It fell down my back and had curls through it. I applied some foundation and mascara to my face and brushed my teeth.

I re-entered my room and went to my wardrobe. Today we had to wear uniform but I wasn't particularly fond of the idea so I made my own twist on things. I decided I would wear patterned lace black tights, a white shirt and a black pinafore on top. I left a few buttons undone on my shirt so as to not choke myself or look too formal. On top I wore my slytherin robe.

By time I had picked out my clothes and gotten dressed my hair was only slightly damp. I sprayed my vanilla perfume lightly and put in my peridot earrings.

I made it to the common room and it was 7.50am and I had realised something... I had no idea what lesson was first. Right as I started to worry Draco came through the portrait.

"Hey. Do you know where I go to get my schedule?" I asked in a gentle voice. He pulled a roll of parchment out of his bag and handed it to me whilst saying "Snape, our head of house, asked me to pass it to you before lessons. Why weren't you at breakfast anyway?" I was about to open the parchment but decided to answer instead.

"I wanted to sleep in a little longer and besides, I'm not much of a breakfast eater." I said. We began walking towards the portrait and I unrolled my parchment.

'HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

STUDENT SCHEDULE

Miss Luciana Jones (Rodrigues)

Lessons
Astronomy with Ravenclaw
Charms with Hufflepuff
Dada with Gryffindor
Herbology with Hufflepuff
History of magic with Ravenclaw
Potions with Gryffindor
Transfiguration with Ravenclaw

Options
Care of magical creatures with Gryffindor
Divination with Hufflepuff

Monday
Potions
Free period
Break
Astronomy
History of magic
Lunch
Free period
Dada

Tuesday
Herbology
Care of magical creatures
Break
Transfiguration
Divination
Lunch
Free period
Astronomy (gets set into the night)

Wednesday
Astronomy
Dada
Break
Potions
Herbology
Lunch
Charms
Care of magical creatures

Thursday
Care of mag creatures
Free period
Break
History of magic
Charms
Lunch
Dada
Herbology

Friday
History of magic
Charms
Break
Transfiguration
Divination
Lunch
Potions
Free period

Lesson times

Lesson 1.      8-9am
Lesson 2.      9-10am
Break.          10-10.30am
Lesson 3.      10.30-11.30am
Lesson 4.      11.30-12.30pm
Lunch.          12.30-2pm
Lesson 5.       2-3pm
Lesson 6.       3-4pm
Free time.    4-6pm
Dinner.         6-7.30pm
Free time.    8-curfew
Curfew.        10pm'

As Draco and I walked to potions we discussed the lessons of which we shared and which we thought were the best.

I discovered i actually had most of my lessons with Draco and we even matched most our free periods. The only lesson we did not have together was Divination. This is because Divination and care of magical creatures were both option lessons. I didn't get to choose and Draco didn't choose Divination.

We went into the potions class and took a seat in one of the middle rows on the Slytherin side of the room. I sat between Draco and Crabbe. On the other side if the room were Gryffindors.

Right on time, a tall, thin man with sallow skin, a large, hooked nose, and yellow, uneven teeth entered. He had shoulder-length, greasy black hair which framed his face, and cold, black eyes. I assumed this was Professor Snape. Strangely though, he looked very familiar.

"Hello class, today we will be learning about 'amortentia'. The love potion." He said a slow, bored tone. "Turn to page 29 in your books and begin." He continued whilst looking around the room.

I was about to stand up and get my ingredients. I had no idea where everything was. I glanced at Draco who seemed to realise this too. "Come with me. I know where everything is." He said beckoning me to follow.

I followed him into the storage room and he passed me the ingredients we would need as well as some equipment. It reminded me a bit like a science experiment.

Soon we each had a variety of strange items. We walked back to our table and placed the ingredients between each of us. I turned to the correct page in my book and began the potion. It seemed a little off though. I'm not entirely sure why. Some things just didn't seem to make sense. I had earlier read a book about mixing potions and the instructions for the amortentia made it do it wouldn't stir as well, making it less potent. So, I tweaked it a little, making sure to note on my book as I went along.

Draco noticed and asked "you do know you're doing it wrong right?" I nodded before answering "yes, I know. But, this way will make it more potent and stir better. He smirked at me before shaking his head playfully.

Soon after, we had completed our potions. "Everyone fill a vile with you potions and bring it to me for grading. Although, I'm sure most of you have failed." The professor said in his monotonous voice.

I filled a vile and place a sticker with my name on it onto the vile. I filled an extra vile with some more of the potion. I didn't plan on using it, but I was curious what my amortentia would smell of. No one seemed to notice, or if they did, they didn't mention it.

I walked with Draco to the front of the class and placed one of my viles on the desk. We cleaned up our desks and put away the remainder of ingredients and put our equipment to one side of the room to be cleaned properly.

"Class dismissed." Said the Professor when he seemed content with the outcome.

I was about to leave, I was packing my bag and was just about to leave. There was only Draco, Blaise and I left in the class. Next thing I hear "Miss... Jones. Will you please stay behind for five minutes?" It was Snape who had spoke.

I nodded and told the boys they could leave and I'd meet up with them later. Once they left the class I walked up to Snape's desk.

"You asked to see me, sir?" I asked. "Yes, I noticed you weren't exactly... following the textbook. Any reason for this?" He asked in his still bored tone. The more I looked at him the more familiar he looked to me. I still didn't know how though.

"Urm.. yes sir. I read a book on potion making. The potion in the book needed a little... tweaking. I hope that's okay, sir." I said a little nervously. He nodded slightly.

"Yes, I thought so too. The one in the book is the standard, school way of making the potion. You seem to have completed the potion well, anyways. I also noticed you were writing notes into your textbook. I wouldn't tell anyone those notes if I were you. They are accurate but, the others should work on that themselves. Do you agree?" He asked. He seemed a little more interested in the conversation now.

"Of course, sir. I do like a little competition sometimes. Perhaps, this will help me get ahead." I swore I saw a slight smile form on his face. It was gone within seconds, so I thought maybe it was just the lightning.

"Indeed it will. Now, I've kept you long enough. Off you go, I'll see you next lesson." He said waving a hand towards the door.

I nodded and thanked him before walking towards the door. I turned around before opening it. "Urm... sir? I feel like I know you... have we met before?" I asked slightly cautiously.

He didn't seem bothered by my question but it definitely intrigued him. After I said it his head instantly went up from looking at the parchment on his desk. "Not that I'm aware of." He said coolly, regaining his bored expression.

I nodded before turning and leaving the classroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 857 69
"3 days ago, I didn't even know i was adopted. Now I've found out that I'm half goddess, half witch with a dead mum, a dad who wiped any memory i eve...
1.6K 65 17
Book 1: COMPLETE *Based On Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets* *** Liliana Snape is about to start her first year at Hogwarts. A lot can happen...
2.9M 87.1K 40
It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is toughing his and m...