Midnight¹

By intothe_void

Sophomore, Veronica Navarro wants to survive her double life high school years with her friends. When her fri... More

0.0 Characters
0.1 Veronica's Wardrobe
0.3 Formal Dresses options
1. Half A Dead Body
2. Changes and The New Girl
3. Lycanthropy
4. Witch way?
5. The Wolves In Cali Are Different
6. Wolf Pack
7. The Hunters
8. The Hunter's Daughter
9. Bad Dreams
10. Wolves Bane
11. Lacrosse
12. Scott's Dream
13. Group Date
14. Not too far
15. Like Death
17. Police Statement
18. What The Hell Is a Stiles?
19. Teenage Yoda
20. Anchor
21. Sour Wolf
22. Night School
23. Break ups
24. V,A&L
25. Lunatic
26. Allison's Necklace
27. Veronica's cousin Miguel
28. Burns
29. Compromise
30. Shopping Trip and Palm Reading
31. RESURRECTION

16. Magic Bullet

134 5 0
By intothe_void

Derek passed Stiles the saw and Veronica assisted Derek wrapping something around his arm. Mattheo however was bent over the wall, groaning in disgust on what he was about to witness.

    "Oh, my God. What if you bleed to death?" Stiles groaned.

    "It'll heal... If it works..." Derek assured him.

    "Ugh. Look, I don't know if I can do this." Stiles said backing out.

    "Why not?" Derek asked impatiently.

    "Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!" Stiles said to him exasperatedly.

    "Especially the blood." Mattheo said holding his finger up, still facing the wall.

    "You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek asked him incredulously.

    "No, but I might at the sight of a chopped-off arm!" Stiles pointed out loudly.

    "That's a good reason to pass out." Veronica agreed.

    "All right, fine. How about this-- either you cut off my arm, or I'm gonna cut off your head." Derek threatened.

    "Okay, you know what? I'm so not buying your threats any--" Stiles said before gasping as Derek pulled him closer by his shirt causing Veronica to laugh softly,"Oh, my God! Okay. All right. Bought. Sold. Totally. I'll do it. I'll do it." Stiles said to him.

    "What?" Veronica asked as Derek started shuffling away.

    "What are you doing?" Stiles as he began to puke out of reflex Veronica went to hold his hair before quickly realizing his hair wasn't that long and just held him up instead,"Holy God, what the hell is that?" Stiles asked stressed the fuck out and nearly tearfully.

Mattheo couldn't hold it in. He puked in the trashcan.

    "It's my body... trying to heal itself..." Derek groaned.

    "Well, it's not doing a very good job of it." Stiles retorted absolutely disgusted.

    "Stiles." Veronica warned hitting him upside the head. She then turned back to Veronica. "He's right though. Your body could do a better job."

    "Now. You gotta do it now." Derek said to Stiles urgently.

    "Look, honestly, I don't think I can-" Stiles panicked.

    "Just do it!" Derek said to him impatiently.

    "I'll hold him down." Veronica rushed.

    "Oh, my God. Okay, okay..." Stiles panicked before holding the saw up to Derek's arm as Veronica looked away,"Oh, my God.... All right, here we go..."

And in a moment where Veronica was never more happy to see her other best friend. He showed up. Thank god he did or else Veronica and Stiles would've been petrified.

    "STILES!" Scott called out.

    "Scott?" Stiles said hopeful. Scott looking at the saw before back up at his two friends.

    "What the hell are you guys doing?" Scott asked terrified of the answer.

    "Not watching." Mattheo said.

    "Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares!" Stiles said relieved.

    "Did you get it?" Derek eagerly asked as Scott handed it to him.

    "What are you gonna do with it?" Veronica asked Derek.

    "I'm gonna..." Derek said weakly,"I'm gonna..." He said before passing out. Veronica rushing to Derek and Scott rushing after the bullet.

    "No! No, no, no, no..."

    "Derek! Derek, come on, wake up!" Veronica said slapping his face softly as Stiles landed right next to her. "I don't want to lose you again." The words had just fell out of her mouth without notice. Veronica had no idea where they came from. She had never lost Derek, and she's not even close with the man. Stiles, thankfully didn't hear her.

    "Scott, what the hell are we gonna do?" Stiles asked.

    "I don't know!" Scott yelled,"I can't reach it!"

    "He's not waking up..." Veronica said to him.

    "Come on..." Scott groaned.

    "I think he's dying..." Veronica said to them worriedly.

    "I think he's dead!" Stiles said to her.

    "Just hold on! Come on..." Scott said still trying to reach the bullet, Veronica shoving him out the way, she had become desperate to save him and didn't know why, before she reached for it using her nails that she had just got done.

    "I got it! I got it!" Veronica called out rushing next to Stiles.

    "Please don't kill me for this." Stiles muttered before punching Derek in the face as Veronica watched in shock, Stiles grabbing his fist in pain as Derek woke up,"Ugh! Ow! God!"

    "Give me--" Derek panted as Veronica handed him the bullet and began helping him up. 

    "Up!" She groaned.

    "Ow! God!" Stiles winced flinging his hand around.

Derek ripping the top off the bullet off with his teeth before banging it on the table to get out the wolves bane. Lighting it on fire as the smoke turned blue before grabbing some with his finger and sticking it into his bullet wound yelling in pain. Falling onto the floor the four rushed over to watch him heal still groaning in pain.

    "That. Was. Awesome!!! Yes!!!" Stiles said excitedly as Scott stared at him in shock. Veronica rushing over to help Derek up.

     "Are you okay?" Veronica asked Derek worriedly.

    "Well, except for the agonizing pain..." He said to her sarcastically. But she let out a soft laugh.

    "I'm guessing the ability to use sarcasm is a good sign of health..." Stiles nodded at her.

    "Oh thank god!" She said with a sigh, before she could stop herself she pulled Derek into an extremely awkward hug. She didn't pull away, and Derek didn't know what to do. Mattheo raised his brows at his sister. Stiles glared jealously. Finally she pulled away.

    "Okay, we saved your life, which means you're gonna leave us alone. You got that? And, if you don't, we're gonna go back to Allison's dad, and we're gonna tell him everything-" Scott said to Derek.

    “We are?” Veronica asked confused and concerned.

    "You're gonna trust them? You think they can help you?" Derek asked appalled.

    "No?" Veronica said questioningly.

    "Well, why not? They're a lot freaking nicer than you are." Scott scoffed.

    "I can show you exactly how nice they are." Derek said angrily.

    "What do you mean?" Scott asked confused.

After visiting Derek's uncle Peter, Veronica finally found herself in Stiles's jeep as he pulled into Justin's driveway. Veronica ran her fingers through her hair before sighing and getting out the car, she told Stiles not to leave. Unlocking the door with her spare key she found Justin sitting on the couch.

    "Hey!" She smiled at him when he turned around to look at her,"So... The surprise?"

    "It's in my room. Come on." He said excitedly grabbing her hand before rushing her up the stairs.

Justin waiting impatiently as Veronica opened the door. Her eyes immediately landing on two chocolate lab and Shepard mixed puppies. They were small and innocent. Curled in balls on a tiny doggy bed,"Oh my god what are those?"

    "They're yours. What do you want to name these pretty girls?" Justin said to her as she looked back at him.

    "You got me dogs?” Veronica said in complete shock.

    "You said you've always wanted a dog when we went bowling." Justin said with a smile.

Veronica didn't know what to say, she felt blind sided. "I was expecting a scream movie set or..." Was this a new manipulation tactic? Was this his way of getting Veronica to agree to go out with him. Was she being manipulated? She was confused. She wanted to scream at him. This couldn't be okay. How could he throw those dogs in her face like they were a prop to get her. She looked him in the eye. What did he want from her. She let out a breathless laugh and smiled. "Thank you." She said.

Justin smiled at her brightly. "I knew you would like them." How could he say that, like they were a pair of brand new Louis Vuitton boots.

She nodded and walked over to them. “Bellatrix and Narcissa.” she said, she petted the darker colored one. “Because one is dark and twisty, but she has a light and controlled sister to balance it out.”

"That's beautiful." Justin said to her. Veronica nodded. "Thank you." She said.  She then pretended to check her phone for the time. "I have to go to the store."

"Oh here." He handed her to leashes,"Don't forget these."

Veronica let out a short fake laugh. "Right." Stiles's eyes widened in shock when Veronica walked out of the house walking two puppies on leashes. She put them in the back seat. "I know. I know." She said quickly as Stiles's drove away.

"There are dogs in my car. Why are There dogs in my car?”

"I don't know! He just- he gave them to me. That's weird right?"

"YES! It's fucking insane!" Stiles shouted.

Veronica got out of her own car at the Beacon Hills Cemetery. She wrapped her coat around her body tighter. “Hey mom. Hi dad.” she said softly.

She was just getting to leave when she heard something rustle behind her. Her eyes had widened. “Hello?” she didn't get an answer. She felt terrified. She went to walk away but tripped over a huge stick. She closed her eyes and covered her face. She could hear it. She could here the low growling. But suddenly it was gone. And she was alone again. She stood up slowly and went to leave as soon as possible, but bumped into a chest.

    “Shit!” a voice said, Veronica looked up. He was there. In his white t shirt and his jeans. In all of his height and curly hair. His blue eyes. His confused and anxious face.

    “Isaac.” Veronica breathed out in relief. She looked around. "Oh I'm so glad you're here."

Isaac tried not to smile, or sound to surprise when he said,"Really?" He then switched completely,"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run into you.. I seen you come and I just- I wanted to give you some space."

Veronica smiled. "Thank you." She said to him. "So what are you doing out here? I see you like everyday." She asked.

"Oh I work here." Isaac said. He then paused, and looked directly at her. "You come here everyday?"

Veronica let out a flustered laugh like she didn't know what to say. "Yeah.. my parents are buried right back there so yeah."

Isaac nodded. "I'm sorry. I didn't say it to you before, but I'm sorry."

"Well to be fair, you didn't really know me when my mom died. Only Scott and Stiles did. And as for my dad.. I- for two weeks I was out of it.. but I wasn't any more conscious when I was awake. I didn't want I'm sorry's at the time." Veronica said, she looked away from him. "But they mean a lot now.. so thank you."

"Yeah.. of course." He said.

Veronica nodded. "I should probably go. I had two puppies sprung on me as a surprise.. that's insane right?"

"Was it a boyfriend surprise?" He asked.

"It was a boy-who-wanted-to-be-more-
than-friends-but-I-shut-him-down- because-I-didn't-have-time-for-a- boyfriend-and-if-I-did-he-wouldn't-be- my-first-pick kind of surprise." She rambled quickly.

Isaac nodded."Oh yeah. Completely insane." He said which made Veronica laugh. "Who would be? Your first pick I mean?"

Veronica smiled at the boy bashfully before she shrugged and walked away and towards her car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 6.6K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
10.1K 429 28
𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 ─ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒. Kat has always known what she was going to do with he...
295K 6.3K 75
𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄. "you're mine sweetheart, you're always going to be mine... forever." or in which a dark, brooding, mysterious alpha werewolf m...
353K 10.1K 29
𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...