TMNT and RWBY

By jim654

A crossover between TMNT and RWBY. Deep below the sewers in the city of Vale, there lives four mutant turtles... More

Things Change
A Shining Beacon
Mouser Chase
Attack of the Mousers
Meet Casey and Yang
Nano
Darkness on the Edge of Vale
The Way of Invisibility
Welcome to Beacon
A Minor Hiccup
Painting the Town Green
Extracurricular
Burning Blues
Dancing in Shadows
Fallen Angel
Garbageman
The Shredder Strikes Part 1
The Shredder Strikes Part 2
Turtle Titan & Crimson Crow
Notes from the Underground Part 1
Notes from the Underground Part 2
Notes from the Underground Part 3
The King
The Shredder Strikes Back Part 1
The Shredder Strikes Back Part 2
The Monster Hunter
Return to Vale Part 1
Return to Vale Part 2
Return to Vale Part 3
Raph, Yang, and Cub
The Search for Splinter Part 1
The Search for Splinter Part 2
The Fugitoid
Trouble with Triceratons
The Big House
The Arena
Triceraton Wars
Secret Origins Part 1

Tales of Leo

1.2K 19 11
By jim654

Shredder: "My revenge is complete". "My hated enemies thought they had destroyed me, but I am not so easily destroyed". "I was merely biding my time, awaiting the right moment for my ninja forces to strike". "And they struck hard". "They herded my enemies to me like sheep to the slaughter". "And even though allies foolishly came to their aid, my enemies were forced to make a cowardly retreat". "But vengeance was mine, nonetheless". "At last, the turtles and huntresses are no more"!

And as Shredder sliced a hole in the gas line, resulting in April's shop exploding in a ball of fire. Not even aura would save someone in an explosion such as this...or at least...that's what most would think...

Thirty Seconds Earlier. . .

Inside the storage room, Raph, Ren, Yang, Mikey, and Jaune were bashing their weapons against the metal door attempting to break it. Only to stop and back away when flames shot out from under the door. Cutting them off from their one escape route.

Mikey: "Trapped like rats". "No offense, Sensei".

Mikey said while glancing back at Master Splinter who was helping Blake hold Leo up while he was still unconscious.

Blake: "Leo's not doing well". "We have to get him out of here"!

Raph: "Yeah well, in case you haven't noticed, our only exit is on fire"!

Donnie: *coughs* "If we don't get out of here soon, we'll be blown to bits"! "That is if we don't suffocate from the smoke first"!

Nora then looks to the back wall and gains an idea as she quickly transforms her weapon.

Nora: "Then let's make our own exit"!

Nora exclaimed as she reared her hammer back and swung it. Smashing a massive hole in the brick wall.

Raph: "That's it, everybody book"!

One by one, the turtles, Team RWBY, and Team JNPR ran out of the building with Blake and Splinter still carrying an unconscious Leo. They only just managed to get out just in time to witness April's antique shop, her home, explode in a gigantic fireball which sent police officers flying and overturning cars. Our heroes could only watch as the building crumbled and broke apart while the flames continued to burn everything inside to ashes and April was left devastated as she buried her face into Casey's chest as she cried with Casey holding her close and doing his best to console her. 

Splinter: "Forgive me, Miss O'Neil, but we must leave the past behind, for now, if we are to have a future". "Leonardo is badly injured and needs a safe place to heal".

Mikey: "What about the lair"?

Donnie: "Shredder has a whole ninja army down in the sewers, remember"?

Ren: "Beacon won't do as a good option either".

Weiss: "And none of us are in any shape for another confrontation".

Raph: "Hey, we don't run from nobody".

Splinter: "And yet, we must".

April: *sniffs* "But where"?

But no one answered...well...at least until Casey got an idea in his head.

Casey: "Fellas, I know just the place".

Before any of them knew it, they found themselves driving through the snow-covered countryside after having escaped from the Kingdom. While April was staring out the window, Casey was behind the wheel telling her about the place they would be staying at for a while.

Casey: "You're gonna love my grandma's old farmhouse". "Me and my cousin Sid used to play there all the time when we was kids". "And plus, there's barely any Grimm around these parts, so we won't be getting any trouble".

But April just stayed silent, prompting Casey to glance at her.

Casey: "April"?

April: "...How do you think Leo's holding up"?

Meanwhile, inside the trailer attached to the back of Casey's truck, the turtles, Master Splinter, Team RWBY, and Team JNPR were all huddled together covered in warm blankets to help against the cold. However, they didn't seem to help much since most of them were still shivering.

Mikey: "Ohh, man, it sucks being cold-blooded".

While Blake was watching over Leo, who was still in a comatose state, she noticed him shivering and so, she gave up her blanket and covered him with it.

Weiss: "Blake, you're going to catch a cold".

Blake: "Leo needs it more than I do".

Ruby, Weiss, and Yang looked at one another as they moved closer to Blake and held her close as they all wrapped her in their blankets so they could all share the warmth. Blake in turn smiled at them in appreciation before turning her attention back to Leo.

For the next few minutes, everyone just sat in silence. Even though Team JNPR had a lot of questions, they held them back since this wasn't the right time for it.

Ruby: "Master Splinter, is Leo gonna be okay"?

Splinter: "Only time will tell".

No one said anything from then on as they all just collectively stared at Leo's unconscious body in worry as Blake reached a hand down and gently cupped the side of Leo's face with her hands.

Blake: 'Please be okay'.

Eventually, after another hour of driving, they eventually arrived at their destination Casey pulled off the road and drove down a winding driveway toward the farmhouse.

Casey: "This is it, just like I remember".

Casey said with a hint of glee in his voice as he drove past the barn and parked his truck in front of the house.

Casey: "Aah, isn't it great"?

The moment he said that, one of the shutters fell off one of the attic windows. As for the house itself...well...to put it simply...it looked dilapidated.

April: "'Great'...does not even begin to describe this place".

Though it was in a state of disrepair, it would just have to do since they would be staying here for a while.

The first thing they did was get the power back on. After that, they carried Leo into the house and gently laid him down on the couch before covering him with a warm blanket to keep him warm. Their attention was drawn when Mikey, Jaune, and Casey came inside hauling wood for the fireplace.

Casey: "All right, so it needs some fixing up". The place got a little run down since Grandma passed away".

April opens the fireplace flue which causes soot to fall down, creating a puff of dust. Making Mikey and Jaune cough because of it.

Mikey: *coughs* "When was that"? "In the late Jurassic"?

Casey: "Dude, you live in a sewer".

Jaune: "He's got you there".

But suddenly, everyone heard a groan from Leo which immediately caught their attention as they all crowded around him.

Donnie: "Leo"?

Meanwhile, back in Foot Headquarters, Oroku Saki paced around with Hun watching as he informed his master of good news.

Hun: "The Foot's back in business, profits are up, and both the turtles and the huntresses are history". "Why are we not celebrating, Master"?

Oroku Saki: "Where.are.the bodies"?

Hun: "We burned that building to the ground". "I think we can safely assume that-"

Oroku Saki: "We can assume nothing"!

Saki yelled as he knocked over a standing fire sconce.

Oroku Saki: "My enemies assumed they had destroyed me, and it cost them dearly". "I can ill afford to make the same mistake". "I require evidence of their demise".

Baxter: "Scientific proof, perhaps"?

Baxter Stockman asked as he rolled into the room in his custom-made wheelchair. One which he made for himself after the Shredder had amputated his legs.

Oroku Saki: "I did not send for you, Stockman".

Baxter: "And that was your first mistake".

Hun growled in anger as he was about to march up and teach Baxter a lesson for disrespecting the Master. Only for Saki to raise a hand to stop him.

Oroku Saki: "Your arrogance is exceeded only by your inability to learn from your...punishments". "What do you want"?

Baxter: "A simple exchange of goods and services".

He stated as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a scanning device.

Baxter: "I can provide you the most sophisticated DNA analysis of Miss O'Neil's destroyed shop". "You'll know beyond a shadow of a doubt if the turtles and huntresses survived or not".

Oroku Saki: "And in exchange"?

In response, Baxter rolled over to the display case which held the strange exo-suit that was retrieved from the river some time ago.

Baxter: "Full access to this fascinating artifact you fished from the East River". "A brief glimpse of its technological secrets allowed me to create the Foot Tech Ninjas". "Imagine what I might do were I give complete access to it, a win-win proposition I'd say".

Saki spent a few seconds considering the exchange.

Oroku Saki: "Provide me with proof that my enemies are no more and you shall be so rewarded". "Fail me and your next punishment will be your final punishment".

Saki said in a threatening manner as a way to get his point across that if Baxter were to fail, then he would not live long enough to fail him again. To emphasize his Master's point, Hun walked over to Baxter with a smirk on his face as he cracked his knuckles. Anyone would've felt a sense of impending doom from that alone. And Baxter most certainly felt that, but, as he watched Hun follow Saki out, Baxter steeled himself as he clenched his prosthetic hand into a fist whilst giving the two a death glare. Silently vowing that he would have his revenge for all that was done to him.

Back at the farmhouse, Leo's condition still has yet to change as he remains stuck in his comatose state well into the night. Everyone else only kept themselves busy by fixing up certain parts of the house throughout the day while someone kept an eye on Leo's condition. But now, the sun had set hours ago and Leo showed no sign of waking up.

Frustrated, Raph slammed the back of his fist against the wall before asking:

Raph: "Why won't he wake up"?

Splinter: "Healing takes time and Leonardo is recovering from more than just physical wounds". "His spirit has also been grievously injured".

Donnie: "You think he can hear us"?

Splinter: "Perhaps".

Splinter said as he shifted over to the side so that Donnie could kneel next to his brother.

Donnie: "Hey Leo, it's me, Don". "Listen, you're gonna pull through this, I know you are". "You have to". "I mean, you know what kind of trouble we'd get in without you". "Like, remember the time I built that remote-controlled car"?

Flashback:

Rushing through the sewers was a small remote-controlled car. Controlling it was a much younger Donatello with his make-shift controller which he made with spare parts he found lying around. Standing next to him was Leonardo who was watching as his brother showed off his latest creation.

Donnie: "Check out the turning radius on this thing, Leo".

Donnie said as he made the small car make a hard turn. Only for it to skid off the walkway and fall into the fast-moving water.

Donnie: "Aw"!

Leo: "Remind me to never let you behind the wheel of a real car".

Donnie: "Hang on, *hands controller to Leo* I'll get it".

Donnie said as he ran after the car which was being carried away by the current.

Donnie: "There was all kinds of debris clogging up the tunnel".

As Donnie ran, he quickly grabbed a long branch from the water.

Donnie: "And the sewers were overflowing from the heavy rains we just had". "But I wasn't paying attention to that". "I just wanted my car back".

Donnie quickly held the branch out and managed to snag the car before it could go any further. Only for a pile of debris to come out of nowhere and slam into the car. Which pushed it against the car hard enough to cause Donnie to lose his balance and plummet into the rushing water.

Leo: "Donnie"!

Leo yelled in worry as he hurriedly ran after his brother who was being carried away by the strong current. Donnie could do nothing but struggle as he is soon swept towards a pipe outlet and the waterfall sends him plunging into a catch pool below.

Thankfully, he surfaced above the water, but much to his horror, Donnie found that he was unable to move

Donnie: "Leo"! "I'm stuck"!

Donnie yelled while his leg was wedged in between some heavy debris. To make matters worse, the water was gradually rising. Meaning he didn't have much time before he would be completely submerged.

Donnie: "I can't get my leg free"! "Leo"!

Donnie yelled as he continued to struggle, trying to pull his leg free but to no avail. Eventually, however, the water rose to the point where Donnie was completely submerged.

Leo ran and dove into the water to save his brother. He swam to Donnie and wrapped his arms around a large wooden support and lifted it with all his strength until Donnie was freed. Once he had gotten Donnie's foot unstuck, Leo grabbed his brother and draped him over his shoulder before rising about the water's surface. He took a large breath of air as he did so while Donnie coughed up water as Leo swam them to a lower tunnel entrance where the water was not running as swiftly. Upon reaching the ledge, Leo pulled himself and Donnie up as they both rolled over onto their backs panting heavily while catching their breath.

Donnie: "What"? "You didn't get the car"?

Leo gave Donnie a look of disbelief.

End of Flashback

Donnie: "You really came through for me that day, Leo". "You always do". "And I know you will again".

Raph: "Hmph, looks like you got him hanging on your every word, Don".

Weiss slapped Raph on the shoulder when suddenly groaned and moved his head. Gaining everyone's attention

Casey: "Hey, I think he heard you, Raphie"!

April: "Maybe talking to him does help".

Splinter: "It is said that the voice of a loved one can guide a lost spirit back to its home".

Ruby stepped up next and asked:

Ruby: "Can I go next"?

Donnie nodded as he stepped aside to let Ruby kneel next to Leo as she gently took hold of his hand.

Ruby: "Leo, it's Ruby". "I know you can get through this". "You're like one of the strongest people I know". "You've always been there for all of us". "For me too". "Even when I didn't feel like I was doing the right thing, you were always there to lift me back up". "Don't you remember"? "When I came down to the lair to talk to you when I was feeling insecure about being a leader"?

Flashback:

Ruby: "I had gotten into a fight with Weiss about my position as Leader". "So I thought maybe I should talk to you about it since you were a leader too".

Later that evening, Ruby had arrived in the lair to find Raph and Mikey training. She looked around to see Donnie working on something. But Leo was noticeably missing.

Splinter: "Miss Rose"?

Ruby jumped at Splinter's sudden appearance.

Ruby: "M-Master Splinter"!

Ruby quickly bows as the mutant rat returns the gesture.

Ruby: "Um...I was hoping if I could talk to Leo"?

Splinter: "Hm, I believe that Leonardo is reading in his room on the upper floor".

Ruby: "Okay, thanks"!

Ruby runs and uses her semblance to get to the second floor of the lair. She then made her way to Leo's room and knocked on the wall. Leo looks up from his book to see the young huntress-in-training.

Leo: "Ruby"?

Ruby: "Uh...Leo...do you mind if I talk to you about something"?

Leo: "Sure come on in".

Leo closes his book and sets it aside as Ruby sits next to him on his bed. It was then that Leo saw that something was wrong. As there were noticeable tear stains on her face.

Leo: "Ruby, what's the matter"?

Ruby: "Um..."

One explanation later...

Leo: "So you're having trouble with your partner"?

Ruby: *nods* "Mm-hm...is she right"? "Maybe Professor Ozpin did make a mistake making me leader".

Leo: "...Maybe".

Ruby flinched believing that Leo also saw her as a poor excuse of a leader.

Leo: "Or he had a reason for choosing you as a leader".

Ruby: "Huh"?

Leo: "I'd say it is too early to say whether you are a good leader or not". "And besides, you're only just starting out". "It takes time, patience, and hard work to become a true leader". "And your team will get better and stronger along with you too". "But besides that, being leader isn't really about being the one in charge". "It's more about taking responsibility, being there for your team".

Ruby: "You think I can do that"?

Leo looks at Ruby and smiles as he puts a hand on her shoulder.

Leo: "Absolutely, though the road ahead of you will be full of challenges". "You'll make many mistakes, but that's normal". "It's only the process of you growing into a more effective leader". "You make mistakes and you learn from them".

Ruby looked down at her own hands and thought deeply about Leo's words.

Leo: "Take it from another leader, try and take some time to think about how you'll uphold your title, and take responsibility for the burden that comes with it".

Ruby looks at Leo and smiles, feeling much better than when she had left Beacon. She then hugs Leo tightly, which the turtle was surprised by, but smiled and returned the hug nonetheless.

Ruby: "Thank you".

Leo: "No problem, if you ever need to talk again, I'm always here".

End of Flashback

Ruby: "You were a big inspiration to me, Leo". "You taught me so much since we met". "You're an amazing friend and you're like the big brother I never had". "So, please...*sniffs* if you can hear me...please wake up".

Ruby wiped a few tears from her face as Yang came over and wrapped her sister in a hug while Leo groaned.

Yang: "He hears you, Ruby". "He'll be okay".

Ruby nods as she wipes her tears before standing up to let Yang take her place by Leo's side.

Yang: "You really know how to make a girl worried, don't you, Leo"? "It's weird". "I've always kind of just saw you as, you know, a person I'm friends with but I don't talk to them as much". "But...that all kind of changed when I came and had and honest conversation with you for the first time..."

Flashback:

Yang: "Blake was in her phase where she was obsessed with finding stuff out about the White Fang". "It was all driving me nuts and I didn't know what to do". "So I came to you to ask for help".

Leo was sitting in his room with Yang. And was very much confused as to why he was suddenly taken here to have a private talk.

Leo: "Okay Yang, what is it that you needed me for"?

Yang: *sighs* "It's...Blake"

The moment she mentioned Blake's name, Leo immediately understood. It wasn't hard to figure out what the problem was with Blake. Ever since that whole ordeal with Torchwick and the White Fang, every time Leo saw Blake, she looked like she was tired to the point of passing out.

Leo: "Oh...she's still at it, huh"?

Yang: *nods* "Mhm"

Leo: "She can't keep doing this". "She's basically killing herself".

Yang: "Yeah, I think I can see that, Leo"!

Leo didn't react much, if at all, to Yang's outburst. After all, he understood how she was feeling. Blake was his friend too after all. Though he can also consider her to also be his best friend by now. Seeing someone he cared about in such a state hurt him. It's the worst feeling one could experience.

Yang took a breath before giving Leo an apologetic look.

Yang: "Sorry, it's just frustrating you know"? "Blake has this stupid idea in her head that she needs to do all of these things because 'she's the only one that can do it'". "It's like she thinks that she can just throw her life away for whatever she's searching for"!

Leo: "...I can probably guess she has her personal reasons for it".

Yang: "Yeah, well those personal reasons are going to get her killed"! "She's letting all this business with the White Fang get to her head and letting it control her"!

Leo raised an eye ridge at what Yang said. Or rather how she said it. There was something about Yang that didn't seem normal. She's concerned for Blake and Leo understands that but...it seemed like there was something else to it than just that.

Leo: "Yang...is there...something else behind all this"?

Yang: *scoffs* "What else could there be, Leo"? "My partner is just making a horrible decision that could get herself killed like I-"

Her anger suddenly dissipated and her expression was replaced with one filled with regret. Leo said nothing, but he did place a comforting hand on her shoulder. She looked into his eyes and he gave her a simple nod. He didn't need to say anything to let her know that if she feels uncomfortable, then she too doesn't have to say a thing. But if she's fine with talking about it, then he's willing to listen.

Yang: *sighs* "Ruby and I grew up in Patch, an island off the coast of Vale". "Our parents were huntsmen". "Our dad taught at Signal, and our mom took on missions around the kingdom". "Her name was Summer Rose, and she was, like...Super-Mom". "Baker of cookies and slayer of giant monsters". "And then...one day she left for a mission and never came back". "It was tough". "Ruby was really torn up, but...I think she was still too young to really get what was going on, y'know"? "And my dad just kind of...shut down". "It wasn't long before I learned why". "Summer wasn't the first love he lost, she was the second". "The first...was my mom".

Leo was stunned by that piece of information. But he kept quiet as Yang continued.

Yang: "He wouldn't tell me everything, but I learned that the two of them had been on a team together with Summer and Qrow". "And that she'd left me with him right after I was born". "No one had seen her since".

Leo: "Why did she leave you"?

Yang: *sighs* "That question...why"? "I didn't know the answer, but I was determined to find out". "It was all I thought about". "I would ask anyone I could about what they knew about her". "Then, one day, I found something". "What I thought was a clue that could lead me to answers, or maybe even my mother". "I waited for Dad to leave the house, put Ruby in a wagon, and headed out". "I must've walked for hours". "I had cuts and bruises, I was totally exhausted, but I wasn't gonna let anything stop me". "When we finally got there, I could barely stand, but I didn't care". "I had made it". "And then I saw them". "Those burning red eyes..."

Leo widened his eyes when he figured out what she was describing.

Leo: 'The Grimm...'

Yang: "There we were, a toddler sleeping in the back of a wagon and a stupid girl too exhausted to even cry for help". "We might as well have been served on a silver platter". "But, as luck would have it, our uncle showed up just in time". "My stubbornness should've gotten us killed that night".

After having digested that information, Leo could understand how Yang felt. Getting Blake to stop to rest for a day wasn't just important to Yang because it was necessary, but also because Yang sees herself in the situation. Like Yang, Blake was stubbornly chasing after answers. Yang had almost gotten both herself and Ruby killed because of it. And she is only trying to prevent Blake from suffering and making the same mistake she did.

Leo: "I'm sorry".

Yang: "Hm".

Leo: "Are you still looking for her even now"?

Yang: "Yeah, I am". "I still have a lot of questions about her I want answered". "Even if it's about someone that left and never bothered to be around". "It's stupid, I know".

Leo: "No it's not, besides, I can understand".

Yang: "You can, huh"?

Leo: "Well, not about your mother, but what you are searching for". "You're only trying to stop Blake from repeating a mistake that you made while in search of answers".

Yang: "Yeah...I just wish I could actually convince her to stop for a day".

Leo: "I still don't understand why you needed to talk to me though".

Yang: "That's why I needed to talk to you". "I wanted you to help with Blake".

Leo: "Huh"?

Yang: "I just heard that you had talked to her before". "Not only her but also Ruby and Weiss too".

Leo: "And you think that I can convince her to take a break from it all".

Yang: "That's honestly what I was hoping for".

Leo: "Hm"

Thinking about it for a minute, Leo then responded with:

Leo: "Nope".

Yang looked at Leo shocked.

Yang: "Nope"?

Leo: "Nope". "Because you are going to talk her into taking the day off".

Yang: "Why"?

Leo: "For a few reasons". "One is that you would be the better person that should talk to her". "You understand her a lot better than I do when it comes to this and you can get through to her".

Yang: "But she's going to be defensive about it".

Leo: "Yang, just be honest with her". "Make her understand what's important and why she needs to rest". "Trust me, she'll listen, no matter how stubborn she is". "Besides, you've known her way longer than I have". "I'm sure you'll have no problem getting through to her".

Yang looked away from Leo with a thoughtful expression.

Yang: "Yeah, I guess I can give it a shot".

Leo: "That's the spirit".

Yang simply smiled when Leo gave her a gentle nudge with his elbow. Though...something else was still on her mind.

Yang: "Hey Leo..."

Leo: "Hm"?

Yang: "Do you think that...searching for my mother...is just a waste of time". "And that she's not even worth searching for".

Leo blinked at the question but did stop to think about it. And in all honesty...

Leo: "I don't know".

Yang stared at Leo for a bit.

Yang: "You don't know"?

Leo: "Well, to be honest, I don't know...I'm sorry, but, what was your mom's name"?

Yang: "Raven Branwen".

Leo: "Right, ahem, I don't know because I don't really know Raven at all". "So...I'm probably not the best person that you should be asking".

Yang: "Oh..."

Leo: "I don't really know what it's like to have a mother". "It's always just been me, my brothers, and Master Splinter". "But...if I did have a mom and she up and left without a word, of course I would want answers as to the reasons why".

Yang: "But..."

Leo: "But even if I want those answers, they either won't be the answers I want, they are answers I never wanted, or I might not even get answers at all". "But no matter which it is...I can't deny the one most important thing". "My family". "Sure, looking for answers is something I can do on my off time, but that's something I can do later". "Because those answers don't really matter as much to me because rather than looking for them, my family has my attention here and always".

Yang stared at Leo for a moment.

Leo: "Whether you choose to continue looking for your mom, that's up to you to decide". "But just know that whatever you choose, you have all of us supporting you". "And if you do choose to continue seeking answers, just don't forget about the family you have when you're focused on the person you're looking for".

For a few short minutes, Yang just kept staring at Leo before a smile formed and she started snickering.

Yang: *snickers* "Man, I think I'm starting to see why Ruby looks up to you so much".

Leo blinked in confusion at that.

Leo: "Ruby looks up to me"?

Yang: "Heh, yeah, it's kind of adorable actually". "I sometimes see her trying to imitate you". "She talks about you a lot too". "If I didn't know any better, I'd say that she thinks of you as an older brother".

Leo: "Well, Ruby is like a little sister to me".

Yang: "Yeah, well, thanks for looking out for her". "Even when I didn't exactly know about you at the time".

Leo: "It's no problem". "And hey, since you're here, how about a spar to get the blood flowing"?

Yang: *smirks* "You sure you wanna tussle against me, turtle boy"?

Leo: *smirks* "Why not"? "Besides, you need the practice with how sloppy you are".

Yang: "Oh, so I'm sloppy am I"?

Leo: "Last time I checked, Raph is beating you in that game you two have".

Yang: "Okay then, you're on"! "I'll try not to break your shell while I'm at it".

Both Leo and Yang laughed as they walked out of the room with their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders.

End of Flashback

Yang: "You didn't have to listen to my personal problems...but you did". "You convinced me to help Blake and you even reminded me of what was truly important to me". "I never said it before but...I really appreciated you for what you said...and for listening". "So how's about you get back up so we can all stop worrying".

When Yang finished telling Leo what she wanted to say, she gently patted his hand as she stood up to let Mikey take his turn.

Mikey: "Listen, bro, just like concentrate on my voice". "Come on, Leo, you know how focused you get when you set your mind on something".

Flashback:

Mikey: "Like, remember that time you were trying to perfect your katas"?

One evening in the lair, a young Michelangelo walked past a young Leonardo who was busy training when he suddenly froze in place in a Crane Stance. This in turn catches young Mikey's attention as a wicked smile forms on his face. He quickly took off his headphones as he asked:

Mikey: "Hey, Leo, you seen my Game Guy anywhere"?

However, Mikey receives no response from Leo as his brother continues to remain perfectly still even when Mikey waves his hand in front of his face.

Mikey: "Hello"?! "Anyone home"?

Mikey: "Nothing in the world was going to break your concentration". "But that wasn't gonna stop me from trying".

Mikey puts his fingers in his mouth to widen it and wags his tongue in his brother's face.

But Leo did not move...

Mikey: "Ha-ha"! "You know how I hate to be ignored".

The next thing Mikey tried was blowing up a balloon before using a pin to pop it in Leo's face. Yet, much to Mikey's annoyance, Leo didn't even blink or move.

Mikey then places joke glasses with a big nose and mustache on his brother's face, laughs, and holds up a mirror so that Leo can see his new look.

Yet Leo showed no sign of moving whatsoever. He doesn't even show any sign of twitching.

Seeing as that plan failed, Mikey wore an evil grin as he juggled two heads of garlic before he tossed them up into the air only to catch both in his mouth. He chews them before walking up and then belches right in Leo's face...only to receive no reaction once again, making him scowl before grinning when an idea pops into his head.

Mikey: "So then I decided, if I couldn't make you laugh, maybe I should just make you say, ow".

Mikey smirks as he twirls his nunchucks before swinging one of them at Leo. Only for Leo to suddenly reach out and catch the weapon, yank it out of Mikey's hand, and sweep his legs out from under him. Making MIkey fall to the ground as Leo landed on top of him and pinned him to the ground with his nunchuck as he glared down at him with an annoyed expression.

Mikey: "Was I disturbing you"?

End of Flashback

Mikey: "Leo, when you put your mind to something, you're unstoppable". "So, how about using that famous focus of yours to help get yourself out of trouble like you always have".

Mikey felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see that it was Weiss. He nodded as he stepped away for Weiss to kneel next to Leo.

Weiss: "Leonardo, or...Leo, I should say, you're not honestly going to let this be the end are you"? "You still have people here that need you, Leo". "And that includes me too". "You're an important part of our lives and you've done so much for each of us". "I haven't forgotten that conversation we had a while ago". "You remember..."

Flashback:

Weiss: "We all agreed to help Blake investigate the White Fang". "But during the investigation...I found myself distracted by rather unpleasant thoughts".

Leo didn't say anything as he gestured for Mikey to start driving. The orange-masked turtle nodded as he shifted gears and drove away from the CCT Tower. But as they were traveling to their next destination, Leo kept taking glances at Weiss. She was still looking glum as she did when she left the CCT. Something must've happened while she was there. Although he didn't know what it was unless he asked her directly.

Though after a while of watching Weiss sulking, Leo eventually grew tired of seeing her in such a state and decided to try to see if there was something he could do to help out. Standing up from his seat, he walked over and sat next to Weiss. The heiress briefly glanced at him, acknowledging his presence before her eyes darted back down to the floor. There was nothing but silence between the two of them for a while. Or at least that was until Weiss sighed and finally asked:

Weiss: "Is there something you needed, Leonardo"?

Leo: "I was just wondering why you looked so glum".

Weiss: "I do not look glum".

Leo: "Weiss, you've been staring at the floor for over an hour and you look like you just went through a breakup".

Weiss scowled at that but didn't deny it as she continued to stare downward.

Leo: "Weiss, I know that you and I aren't really that close, but even so, I still consider you to be a friend". "And I'd like to help you if there is something bothering you". "So...is there something that you'd like to get off your chest"?

Weiss: "First of all, nothing is bothering me". "Second, there is absolutely nothing I need to get off my chest". "And third, even if I did, do you honestly think that talking about my problems will just magically make me feel better"?

Leo: "Well it worked for Ruby, who knows, it might work for you too".

Weiss: *crosses arms* "I sincerely doubt that".

Leo said nothing for a moment before he gently placed a hand on Weiss' shoulder.

Leo: "Weiss, what happened while you were in the CCT"?

Weiss: "Nothing".

Leo: "Are you sure"?

Weiss: "Of course I'm sure". "It was just a simple call to Schnee World Headquarters".

Leo: "And just who exactly was it that you talked to"?

Weiss: "Why an incredibly professional SDC Operator that was more than helpful in providing what we required". "It didn't take too much convincing her". "What with her worry regarding the files that were quite sensitive to the company and without notifying my...father of my request for them".

Leo raised an eye ridge at what Weiss had just said. The hesitation of mentioning her father was not lost on him. So that at least gave him a clue as to what was bothering her.

Leo: "You...don't get along with your father...do you"?

Weiss fell deathly silent when Leo asked her that question. It would seem that he was right on the money on that conclusion. Whatever has Weiss so down has something to do with her father.

Weiss: "...It's...more like I've...had nothing but bad memories of him". "And...there's little else than that when it comes to him". "Since the only things my father has ever shown me are disappointment and scorn". "Always telling me that I am just not good enough, that I'm not perfect enough to be the heiress of our family's company". "And that's basically how it's always been since I was a kid".

Leo kept quiet as Weiss took a short breath before continuing.

Weiss: "When I was ten, my father finally admitted to my mother that the only reason he married her was for the family name". *sighs* "It was actually on my birthday". "He missed the big dinner, she got mad, and he finally snapped". "I think she already knew". "Looking back, I think I knew too". "But...hearing him say it finally pushed her over the edge".

Leo could do nothing but stare at Weiss shocked at the information that she was revealing to her about her past.

Weiss: "First, it was separate lunches and dinners". "Opposite balconies at my recitals". "A glass of wine here, a glass of wine there". "Then...it was no dinners, no recitals, a bottle of wine here, and...well...you get the idea".

Leo continued to stay silent as he listened.

Weiss: "Eventually I stopped seeing my mother altogether when she started to spend her days and nights drowning herself in alcohol". "And my father continued his days running the company as he saw fit". "But it is also because of him that our business now runs in a...moral gray area". "Because despite him making the SDC more profitable, he killed the company's soul to do so". "Cheap Faunus labor, horrible working conditions, and doing whatever it takes to crush the competition". "And all the while, I have been treated with nothing but disappointment because I wanted to try and make things right". "Telling me to forget my dreams and do what I'm told". "So you can imagine how he felt when I made the decision to come to Beacon to become a huntress".

Leo: "...I'm sorry you had to go through that".

Weiss felt Leo place a hand on her shoulder and she placed her hand over his in return. Appreciating the gesture.

Weiss: "I think that's all the more reason why I find myself feeling envious of you".

Leo: "I...don't understand".

Weiss: "What I mean is I admire how you and your brothers care about one another". "That no matter how much you drive each other insane or mess up, you always come together". "And love each other for no reason but because you just do". "For a time, it was the same for me and my sister". "Or at least that was until she left to join the Atlas Military". "And after that, I've always just been kind of...alone".

Weiss looked at Leo when she felt him squeeze her shoulder.

Leo: "I wouldn't say that's true, Weiss". "Because you're not alone, not anymore". "You've got your teammates, your friends". "And you've got us and Master Splinter". "We're here for you, so there is no need for you to feel so lonely anymore". "No matter what struggles you may have faced in the past, you don't have to face it alone". "And no matter what you may face in the present or the future, you can be sure that you'll have us there with you". "Any one of us would do anything for you". "Not just because we're friends, but because we're family".

For a moment, Weiss could only stare at Leo surprised and yet appreciative of his words. Thinking it over, she realized that he was right. This isn't like how things were for her when she was in Atlas. She was here in another kingdom, attending a huntsmen school, and has made some good friends that are looking out for her. And Master Splinter was basically the closest thing to a real father figure she has. She was so caught up in the past about her parents that she couldn't do anything but suffocate in that familiar feeling of loneliness that was always with her. But because of Leonardo, she was reminded of the friends that she has made here. And that feeling of loneliness lessened, but not as much as she wanted it to. It still felt like she was trapped in a cage she couldn't escape. Where the only thing she could do was stare into her reflection in a mirror. But...even so...it was still nice to feel like she wasn't alone anymore. That she now had people that cared about her.

For the first time since leaving the CCT Tower, a genuine smile appeared on Weiss' face.

Weiss: "Thank you...Leo"

Leo smiled back at her.

Leo: "It's what friends are for".

Leo said as he gave Weiss a few gentle pats on the back.

Leo: "And hey, I was right, talking did help". "Even if just a little".

Weiss rolled her eyes and gave Leo a quick jab in the side.

Weiss: "Quit being so smug, you dolt".

Leo: "Smug"? "I'm not the one that's constantly bragging about herself".

Weiss: "I do not brag"!

Leo: "Oh, yes you do"!

Suddenly, they both felt the Battle Shell come to a stop before Mikey announced:

Mikey: "Ladies, gentlemen, and teenage mutant ninja turtles"! "We have arrived at our destination"! "Please be sure to take all belongings and watch your step when exiting the Battle Shell"!

Seeing his cue, Leo took off his seatbelt and stood up to leave but stopped when Weiss grabbed his arm. Making him look bat at the heiress who was smiling at him.

Weiss: "Thanks for listening".

Leo smiled back and nodded at her before he followed Blake and Sun out after putting on his disguise. Leaving Weiss behind to sit and think over some things on her mind. Or at least she would've wanted to if Mikey hadn't suddenly started playing unbelievably loud music that her ears.

Weiss: "Michelangelo, turn that off"!

Mikey: "Sorry"!

End of Flashback

Weiss: "You pulled me out of that cage of horrible memories". "I never told you how much I appreciated you for doing that for me". "Leo...you, your brothers, Master Splinter, and everyone here are more like family to me than my brother or even my own father". "And because of you, I'm no longer alone". "I now have friends that I greatly cherish, and a family that would do anything to support me". "Now it's my turn to do the same". "So, please...come back home".

Having said everything she wanted to say, Weiss stood up and gestured for Blake to have her turn. To that, Blake nodded in response as she knelt down next to Leo. She stayed silent for a moment until she took a deep breath before speaking her mind.

Blake: "I honestly don't know where to begin". "There are so many things I wish to say to you". "You were...the first person I willingly told about me being a Faunus". "And you were the first person I confided to about my past". "When my team first found out, I ran away and I was honestly contemplating never returning". "But then you found me..."

Flashback:

Blake backed up slightly, looking between Ruby, Yang, and Weiss as a few tears started to form. Before anyone could stop her, she was already out the door. And as she ran through Beacon's halls she could faintly hear Ruby calling out her name. But she didn't dare look back, she just couldn't. The only thing she could do was run away.

And so she ran and ran, and ran. Through the courtyard, to the bullhead docks, to Vale, through the streets. It didn't matter where she was. She just ran with no destination in mind. The moment she finally stopped running was when she had to stop in an alleyway to catch her breath. She pressed her back against the wall and slid down and found herself hugging her knees to her chest.

What was she supposed to do now? She couldn't just show up back at Beacon again, not after what just happened. She was tired, she was freezing her butt off, and she had no idea where to go from here.

So she buried her face into her knees and let quiet sobs escape her lips. And for a moment, she thought she would consider crying herself to sleep right here where she sat. In a dark alleyway, next to a dumpster.

???: "Blake"?

Everything froze for her at an instant when she heard someone call out her name. It wasn't her teammates, the voice sounded male.

Reluctantly, she looked up and saw a familiar blue ninja mask underneath a trench coat and hat disguise. So it was Leonardo that found her. And, embarrassingly, in the state that she was currently in. He stared at her with eyes filled with concern while he had his hands full carrying four pizza boxes.

And after what felt like an hour, when it was only a few seconds, Leo balanced the pizza boxes with one hand and extended his other to her.

Leo: "Come on, let's get you out of this cold".

Blake stared at his three-fingered hand for a moment, contemplating whether or not she should consider going with him. But the gust of cold wind that caused her to shiver gave her that answer. So she reached out to take his hand. Though for a moment, she hesitated. She was half expecting Leo to grab her but his hand was still extended out to her and he was patient. Eventually, she did take his hand and he pulled her up to her feet before leading her down the entrance to the sewers.

The horrible stench was something she would never get used to. Especially because of how her senses were enhanced. At least the smell wasn't as bad in the lair.

Leo: "So...are we going to talk about why you were crying in an alleyway"?

His question was met with silence for a minute or two. But Blake did answer eventually.

Blake: "Maybe later..."

Leo nodded and neither of them spoke a word as they continued their walk through the sewers in silence. It was awkward at first, but even so, they settled with it the best they could. After all, how is one supposed to talk to a friend that they just found crying in an alleyway? That was a question that Leo honestly had to figure out.

They eventually arrived at the lair where they could hear Mikey playing games, Raph training, and Donnie working at his computer. Leo strolled in with pizza boxes in hand and was about to call out to everyone when he suddenly noticed that Blake had stopped at the entrance. He walked over and quickly asked if she was coming in or not.

Blake: "I'd...rather not be seen by them".

Leo blinked at that response but quickly noticed her discomfort and immediately thought of a way for Blake to sneak in.

Leo: "Okay, I'll get my brothers' attention so you can go up the stairs". "My room should be the first door to the right".

Blake nodded at the plan and hid as she watched Leo enter the lair and called his brothers over for pizza. The moment she saw all of the turtles gathered together, she entered the lair and quickly made her way up the stairs to the second floor where she then ran to what Leo said was his room. It was dark, but it wasn't a problem for her as she could still see perfectly fine.

Though she had nothing to do now, so after noticing a few books next to Leo's bed, she took one and sat on his bed before starting to read. It was only when she got to the third page that she realized which book this was.

Blake: "A man with two souls"

Looking back at the small shelf next to Leo's bed, she recognized many titles that she is familiar with. It would seem that Leo has pretty good taste in literature.

Her thoughts were soon interrupted when she heard a knock. Looking over, she saw Leo walking in with a pizza box in hand. He sat next to her on the bed before opening the box and the smell of pizza hit her nose.

Leo: "You should eat something".

Blake: "I'm...not hungry"

Unfortunately, her stomach told Leo otherwise when it growled. Blake glared down at it as Leo held out a slice of pizza to her. Which she took begrudgingly as she put down her book and started eating. And for a while, it was just the two of them eating in silence like when they were walking to the lair. It was awkward and yet neither seemed to have any way of getting rid of the silence. But after they both had finished eating and Leo had briefly left to throw out the trash, he came back and sat next to Blake. Once again that awkwardness between them had returned.

Though it's to be expected since, despite knowing her for a time now, Leo would say that he and Blake aren't exactly friends. They were more like two people that just know each other and that was it.

But just when they thought the silence would last forever, Leo heard his shell cell ringing and quickly stood up before answering.

Leo: "Hello"?

Ruby: "Leo, I need your help"! "Blake is missing and we can't find her anywhere"!

Leo blinked at what Ruby just told him and Blake noticeably winced and unconsciously started to stand, ready to make a run for it. An action that didn't go unnoticed by Leo as he briefly glanced back at Blake before returning his attention to Ruby.

Leo: "What do you mean Blake is missing"?

Ruby: "We were in Vale, and we saw a Faunus running from police because he stored away-"

Yang: "It's stowaway, Ruby". "But listen, Leo, my partner and...Weiss...got into a bit of an argument".

Leo did not miss how Yang had spoken Weiss' name with anger.

Leo: "An argument"?

Yang: "It's a bit of a long story-"

Weiss: "Look, we just want to ask if you've seen her or not"!

Yes, he has. In fact, the girl in question was literally sitting on his bed right now. Speaking of which...

Leo took a glance back at Blake who looked ready to run the second he revealed that she was here at the lair.

Leo: "...No...I haven't seen her anywhere".

Blake visibly relaxed, if only slightly.

Leo: "But I'll tell my brothers to keep an eye out for her".

Ruby: *sighs* "Thanks anyway, Leo". "Good night".

Once Ruby hung up, Leo turned to face Blake, who had visibly relaxed now. Though she looked at him with a questioning look.

Blake: "Why did you tell them you didn't see me"?

Leo: "Because if I did, you would've run out of the lair to who knows where".

Blake chose to stay silent since she definitely would've run off if Leo had told them where she was. Why wouldn't she after what had happened?

Leo: "So what did you argue with Weiss about"?

Blake looked down and bit her lower lip.

Blake: "It's nothing you need to worry about". "It's just a simple matter between me and my team".

Leo: "I wouldn't call something that led to me finding you crying in an alleyway far from Beacon a simple matter".

For the next few minutes, Leo simply stood there staring down at Blake while she couldn't find it in herself to meet his eyes. For a while, it was quiet with Blake refusing to speak and Leo patiently waiting for her to finally answer.

Eventually, Blake relented and decided to at least trust Leo. Trust that he earned by keeping her a secret from her teammates and even his brothers and Master Splinter.

Blake: *sighs* "Okay...it started when Weiss took us to the docks..."

Leo sat down next to Blake as she proceeded to explain what happened this morning. From what Leo gathered, the whole situation was started by Weiss' opinion of the White Fang. And she said plenty of things that were uncalled for. So Leo can understand why Blake would get mad at Weiss for accusing someone of being with the White Fang for no reason other than they are a Faunus. But there was just one question on his mind. It was understandable that Blake would be upset by Weiss' opinion, even though the heiress did seem to have good reasons for disliking the White Fang, but to be this upset. Either Blake was an extreme Faunus sympathizer or she was...

Leo: "Blake...are you..."

Blake recognized what Leo was asking and hesitantly reached up and untied her bow. Revealing a pair of black cat ears as one of them twitched. This...explains a lot actually...

Blake: "Leo...are you familiar with the White Fang"?

Leo: "Not really, I only know what is said about them on the news". "They said the White Fang is an organization of Faunus terrorists".

Blake: "I was...once a member of the White Fang".

Leo widened his eyes in shock at the unexpected reveal. But he didn't say anything and allowed her to continue explaining.

Blake: "I was a member for most of my life". "You could almost say I was born into it..."

For a moment, Blake expected Leo to berate her about associating herself with a terrorist group. But to her appreciation, he didn't, he just stayed silent and continued to listen to her.

Blake: "Back then, things were different". "In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and the Faunus". "Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate". "Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings". "And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people". "And I was there". "I was at the front of every rally". "I took part in every boycott". " I actually thought we were making a difference". "But I was just a youthful optimist". "Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place". "A new leader with a new way of thinking". "Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks". "We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor". "And the worst part was, it was working". "We were being treated like equals". "But not out of respect... out of fear". "So, I left". "I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress". "So here I am, a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow".

As Blake finished her explanation and stared down at the bow in her hand, Leo was in deep thought because of what he just learned. It was...a lot to take in. Blake once being part of the White Fang, not to mention Weiss' with said organization, everything was just one ginormous pill to swallow.

Leo: "You haven't told your friends about this...have you"? "That's why you ran from Beacon".

Blake: *sighs* "Yeah...I just...couldn't face them". "I wouldn't blame them if they hated me". "At the end of the day, I'm nothing more but a terrorist".

Leo: "Now hold on there, Blake". "You may have made some poor choices in the past, but you are not a terrorist". "Not anymore".

Blake: "But I am, no matter how much good I do, I will always be-"

Leo: "I'm going to stop you right there". "It's true you may have been a criminal, but you chose to leave that life behind". "You chose to be a better person". "Not everyone can have the strength to do that". "So don't go berating yourself for that".

Blake: "I'm not trying to, it's just...hard to not think about the mistakes of the past". "And Weiss wouldn't care much since according to her, she doesn't care for the criminally insane".

Leo: "Well then let me ask you, do you plan on returning to the White Fang once you graduate from Beacon"?

Blake: "W-What"?!

Leo: "Are you intending to use the skills you've learned to harm innocents"?

Blake: "No, of course not"!

Leo: "Then don't even think about saying that you are criminally insane when you're not, Blake". "You're a much better person than you think you are". "As for Weiss, she has some things to sort out just like you do". "And all of this can only be resolved when you talk with your team".

Blake: "...I don't think they would want to talk to me, let alone listen to me".

Leo: "Well you won't know for sure unless you give it a chance". "Who knows, maybe Weiss will surprise you".

Blake: "...I'll...think about it". "I just...have a lot of troubling thoughts to deal with".

Leo smiled and gently placed a hand on Blake's shoulder, prompting her to finally look into his eyes.

Leo: "Would you like for me to give you the best advice you've heard all night"? "Sleep". "That's when all the troubles of your mind work themselves out". "And you can be well rested to take on tomorrow's challenges". "I can take the couch tonight and let you sleep here".

For the first time tonight, Blake finally made a genuine smile.

Blake: "Hm, sleep does sound nice".

Leo: "Then I'll leave you be".

Leo said as he gave Blake a pat on the shoulder before he stood up to leave.

Leo: "Goodnight, Blake".

But just as he was about to leave his room...

Blake: "Leo..."

Leo looked back to see Blake smile at him.

Blake: "Thanks"

Leo returned her smile with one of his own.

Leo: "Anytime"

And so, Leo left his room to let Blake sleep for the night.

End of Flashback

Blake: "I can't thank you enough for comforting me that night". "I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't found me". "You care so deeply about those around you". "You were there for me when I was at my lowest point". "You taught me to not only trust my team but also not give up on them". "And I'm not going to give up on you either". "So please, Leo...come back to us". 'Come back to me'.

Blake thought as she gently took hold of Leo's hand.

Raph: "Ha"! "If you ask me, Leo's not coming back because he's afraid".

Blake stood up and marched up to Raph while pointing a finger at his chest.

Blake: *glares* "No one asked you".

Raph ignored her as he pushed past her and stood over Leo. Looking down at his unconscious body.

Raph: "You know, he got his butt whooped and now he's too chicken to come back and face it"!

Donnie: "That's enough, Raph"!

Raph: "Well I say, who needs ya"? "It's not like we can't get on without you playing fearless leader".

Donnie, Mikey, and Team RWBY expected many things. A massive argument to ensue, a lecture from Master Splinter, but what none of them expected was to see Raph squeeze his eyes shut to hold back his tears.

Ruby: "Raph..."

Ruby softly said while reaching out to him. But Raph only pulled his hand away from Ruby.

Raph: "Back in the day, I always figured I was gonna be top turtle". "I was strongest, bravest".

Flashback:

Raph: "Remember the time I brought you to that closed-off section of the sewer"?

A young Raphael tore off wooden boards that were blocking off the closed-off section of the sewers.

Raph: "We were playing 'follow the leader'".

Leo: "Raph, you can't go in there".

Raph: "Hey, it's my turn, you're supposed to follow my lead".

Raph said as he tore off another board.

Leo: "But Splinter says-"

Raph: "Splinter says, Splinter says". "When are you gonna think for yourself"? "That's what a real leader does". "Now, catch me if you can"!

With that said, Raph rushes into the forbidden tunnel, forcing a hesitant Leo to follow after his brother. As he was running, Raph lept onto a floating piece of wood and used it to surf along the water. When Leo saw another wooden board, he did the same as Raph as he chased after him. Eventually, Raph reached the end of the tunnel as he hopped off the wooden board only for him to find himself stuck with nowhere else to go while the water continued to flow into the large pool in front of him.

Raph: "Huh"? "Dead end"? "Must've taken a wrong turn".

Suddenly, Raph hears a sound from below which prompts him to look down into the water. It was there that he saw something swimming up to the surface.

Raph: "Uh, Leo"?

Unfortunately, Raph found out that it was not Leo when a large albino alligator jumped out of the water. Making Raph stumble back as he ran away while the alligator lunged at him. But right as it was about to bite Raph in two, Leo came out of nowhere and tackled his brother to safety. Because of its momentum, the alligator ended up crashing head-first into the wall, which was enough to stun it.

Leo immediately took notice of this and jumped over the large animal's tail.

Leo: "Come on, let's jet"!

Raph: "No way"! "This walking handbag's on our turf"!

Leo: "You're the intruder, Shellforbrains"! "Now let's get out of here"!

Raph: "Hey, I'm the leader this turn, remember"?

Raph reminded his brother before he did the unthinkable and leaped onto the alligator's snout, wrapping his arms around trying, and failing, to wrestle it down to the ground.

Leo: *crosses arms* "Fine, handle it your way".

Leo said while watching his brother struggling against the alligator as it dove underwater before coming back up violently flailing its head around as a way to shake Raph off. All while Leo was stuck unable to do anything but watch.

Leo: "Can I offer a strategy tip"?

Raph: "NO"!

Raph yelled while still being flung around by the alligator.

Raph: "Ah"! "I got him on the ropes"! "He's right where I want him"!

But right after he said that, Leo suddenly had to jump back as the alligator smashed Raph up against the wall. Raph fell to the ground and sat up on his knees, rubbing his head in pain before a large shadow loomed over him followed by a sense of dread as he looked up to see the alligator open its mouth, ready to turn him into a snack.

Leo: "Right, that's it"!

Deciding that enough was enough, Leo rushed into action as he leaped onto the alligator's back and used his finger to poke the side of the animal's jaw. Causing it to freeze in place before collapsing to the ground unconscious. Leaving Raph completely dumbfounded.

Raph: "What'd you do"? "What'd you do"?

Leo hops off the alligator and brushes himself off.

Leo: "Heh, pressure points".

Raph: "Alligator pressure points"?

Leo: "Little trick Master Splinter taught me". "Come on, he won't sleep forever". "How about another round of follow the leader, as in, back home"?

Leo said as he began making his way out of the tunnel with Raph following close behind.

Raph: "Lead the way".

End of Flashback

Raph: "I-I don't even know why I told you that story". "I guess you just...I mean, what I'm trying to say is..."

But Raph couldn't finish as he placed his hand over his face while doing his best to hold back his tears while Leo could do nothing but weakly groan. Splinter walked over and placed a reassuring hand on Raph's shoulder.

Splinter: "Your brother hears you, Raphael". "He understands".

He said while tears started leaking from Raph's eyes.

Raph walked away from everyone else and leaned against the window before burying his head in his hand to hide the fact that he was crying. Or at least that was until he felt someone place a hand on his shoulder. Making him glance back to see that it was Yang as she surprised him by pulling him into a tight hug. He didn't know what to do at first, but returned the gesture as he wrapped his arms around her and let his tears fall.

As for Yang, she was doing her best to comfort Raph, but even she was tearing up as well.

Back in the Kingdom of Vale, at April's antique shop, or rather whatever was left of it, Dr. Baxter Stockman was having his mouser robots search through the debris for any sign of the turtles, Team RWBY, Team JNPR, and Master Splinter. But as he rolled his wheelchair into an open space, his scanning device had determined a result that was not at all what he wanted.

Baxter: "Nothing". "I've run every search pattern, every type of analysis, but there's no conclusive evidence that anyone, human, Faunus, or turtle, perished in this blaze". "But...I-I can't go back to Shredder with nothing I-" "Huh"?

Baxter said in confusion when he saw two mousers approach him. Both of them had a torn piece of red cloth in their mechanical jaws with one piece being bigger than the other. He took the smaller piece from the mouser and took a good look at it before laughing as an idea formed in his head.

Baxter: "If I can't find any evidence...

He says as he stretches the cloth out before using two fingers from his prosthetic hand to punch two holes into the cloth. Creating a fake ninja mask.

Baxter: "Then I'll just have to make some evidence".

Back at the farmhouse, it was Master Splinter's turn as he knelt down next to his son.

Splinter: "Leonardo, my son, you must gather all your strength and confront your fear". "Just as you did many years ago".

Raph: "Come on, Sensei, Leo's never been afraid of nothing in his life".

Splinter: "Not true, my son". "Do you recall, Leonardo, our early days"?

Flashback:

Splinter was walking through the sewers carrying a garbage bag as he and young Leonardo fished supplies out of the sewer water.

Splinter: "We were scavenging for food and supplies".

Leo grabbed something useful out of the water and stuffed it in his bag before hoisting it over his shoulder.

Splinter: "Come, my son, there are more useful items to be found on the upper levels".

Splinter says as he begins climbing up a ladder. Leo followed close behind but stopped as he looked up to see just how far up they would have to climb. Despite his hesitation, he did not wish to be left behind and began to climb.

Splinter: "These tunnels stretch for miles in all directions". "To avoid losing your way, you must observe your surroundings carefully".

Splinter instructed, prompting Leo to stop and look around. But the moment he glanced down, he gasped when he saw just how high up he was. The longer he looked down, the more his breathing quickened. His heart was racing while his limbs were shaking and refusing to move.

Splinter: "Come along, Leonardo, we are nearly at the top".

Even though he wanted to, he couldn't as he was frozen in fear.

Leo: "I...I can't".

Splinter: "Leonardo, you must".

In response, Leo gulped as he shakily reached his left hand up to grab the next rung. But the second he did so, his foot slipped, causing him to drop the bag of collected supplies and forcing him to look down. And upon seeing the back seemingly fall into the abyss, shut his eyes and hung on for dear life.

Leo: "No, NO"!

Seeing his son in great distress, Splinter climbed back down to grab Leo and place him on his back before carrying him the rest of the way up.

Splinter: "It was then that I realized you had an irrational and paralyzing fear of heights".

Upon returning to the lair, Leo found himself balancing on wooden posts with Master Splinter watching as he trained.

Splinter: "In the weeks that followed, I worked closely to help you overcome your fear". "Focusing on the way of balance".

As the days passed, Leo continued to train with Master Splinter. Gradually, the wooden posts he practiced on became taller, and Leo had a blindfold wrapped around his eyes to make it so that he couldn't see just how high he was.

Splinter: "Gradually building your confidence".

Eventually, the height of the wooden posts reached their peak as Leo finally finished his training.

Splinter: "Now, my son, remove your blindfold".

Leo did as he was told and quickly realized just how high up he was. The unexpected sight made him lose his balance and fall all the way down into the safety net Splinter had set up.

Splinter: "I was beginning to wonder if you would ever conquer the dark imaginings of your mind". "But I was unwilling to give up".

Sometime later, Master Splinter and Leo were crawling through a shaft with pipes running along its walls. Eventually, they came to the end of the shaft to see that it overlooked a large water pool with a bridge above it. Pipes ran both horizontally and vertically on the walls. Which Splinter used as he grabbed onto a pipe and started climbing upwards.

Splinter: "We must continue on, Leonardo".

But while Splinter continued up the pipe, Leo was too afraid to even step out of the shaft.

Leo: "Y-You go ahead, Master Splinter". "I'll go around the long way".

Splinter: "That could take hours, my son".

However, as Splinter was climbing, the pipe started bending due to it not being able to handle Splinter's weight.

Leo: "Th-That's okay, I could use the exercise".

But it would seem that Leo would not get the chance to go around the longer route as the pipe that Splinter was climbing on suddenly fell over. Splinter's shouting caught Leo's attention, making him look and gasp in horror to see Master Splinter dangling over the pool by his robe which was beginning to tear.

Leo: "Master Splinter"!

Seeing his father in danger, Leo leaped out of the shaft without hesitation and grabbed onto the bent pipe. Quickly pulling himself up before his eyes looked down to see how high up he was. Making him shut his eyes as he held onto the pipe tightly and began pulling himself along it toward Splinter while repeating the words "Don't look down" to himself. Choosing to focus more on the safety of his father as a way to forget about the fact that he was scared out of his mind.

Upon reaching Splinter, Leo reached his hand out to him and yelled:

Leo: "Grab on"!

Splinter did so and Leo took that chance to pull him up. But they weren't out of danger yet as they still had to make their way back. Which was something that proved to be impossible as the pipe they were on shifted and bent even more. It was about to break any second.

Leo: "We'll never make it back in time"!

Splinter: "Then we must forge ahead, my son".

Splinter says as he quickly pulls out a rope with a hook attached and spins it in circles before releasing it. The hook flew through the air until it latched onto a metal bar. Splinter tugged on the rope to make sure that it was secure before he grabbed Leo and placed him on his back before swinging them away right as the pipe snapped and fell to the bottom.

As they swung to the safety of a sewer pipe opening, Leo quickly realized something as he jumped off Splinter's back and watched him retrieve the hook.

Leo: "But...you could've saved yourself at any time".

Splinter: "And you would still be consumed by your fear". "By focusing on the task at hand, you were able to clear your mind of all distractions".

End of Flashback

Splinter: "Do so again". "Ignore the fear, my son". "Let your spirit heal". "Find your way home". "Return to us".

Leo let out weak groans as everyone looked on with a small spark of hope.

Ruby: "Is he..."

At first, there was no reaction...but then...

Leo: "No...fear..."

Everyone's mouths dropped as Leo slowly opened his eyes and looked at them. The sound of loud cheering ensued with some having to wipe away their tears of joy at the sight of Leo being okay. April and Casey even celebrated with a hug only to release each other as they suddenly realized what they just did.

Casey: "Uh, sorry".

April: "Right".

The awkwardness between them was short-lived as Weiss and Ruby rushed up to Leo's side.

Weiss: "You had us worried sick"!

Ruby: "Are you okay"?!

Raph: "We thought you were gone, bro".

Leo: "I-I was". "But...you brought me back". "All of you".

Splinter: "You fought your way back, my son". "You have done well".

Leo: "Thank you...Sensei".

Leo weakly said before turning his attention to Blake who knelt down to him with a relieved smile on her face. Along with a few tears that she has yet to wipe away. Leo reached his hand out and cupped the side of her face. Blake in turn reached up and gently held Leo's hand in hers.

Leo: "I'm sorry for worrying you".

Blake: *chuckles* "Don't be". "I'm just glad you're alright". "Now get some sleep, okay".

Leo smiled and weakly nodded as he pulled his hand away and fell asleep.

Splinter: "The danger is past". "Now we must let him rest".

Having said that, everyone walks away and heads to the kitchen. But not before Raph stops and says:

Raph: "Hey, Leo, if you need anything, I'll be right outside".

Leo smiled in his sleep while Raph followed everyone into the kitchen where Team JNPR had been patiently waiting.

Jaune: "How is he"?

Yang: "Leo's gonna be fine". "A good night's rest and he'll be on his feet in no time".

Pyrrha: "That is wonderful news".

Ren: "So...are we going to talk about...all of this or..."

Weiss: "Not quite". "Leonardo only just regained consciousness and I think, after all that has happened, we all require some well-deserved rest".

Splinter: "She is right". "Our battle with the Foot has taken a toll on our bodies". "For now, we must rest". *looks at Team JNPR* "And we will be happy to answer any questions you might have in the morning".

Nora: *gasps* "Finally, we get to know all your little secrets that you've been hiding from us"!

Ren: "Nora"!

Everyone shared a short laugh before they all turned in for the night.

Meanwhile, Baxter had just returned to Foot Headquarters with his findings from April's destroyed antique shop.

Oroku Saki: "This is your conclusive proof"?

Saki asked while looking at the "mask" Baxter had given him.

Baxter: "That is merely a souvenir of your victory". "Consider it a gift".

Dr. Stockman said as he pulled out the DNA scanner.

Baxter: "This is my conclusive proof". "Tell-tale traces of mutated DNA, order Chelonia, family Emydidae, or in layman's terms..."

Oroku Saki: "Turtle".

Baxter: "Someone's been doing his homework". "No doubt, one as intelligent as you would recognize that the sheer amount of DNA evidence recovered can only lead to one conclusion".

Oroku Saki: "The turtles and huntresses perished in the blaze".

Baxter: "So that's what you look like when you're pleased". "I've always wondered".

He commented before rolling over to the display case showing off the exo-suit.

Baxter: "Now, about my reward"

Oroku Saki: "I will have a team of Foot Technicians deliver it to your lab in the morning". "Now, if you will excuse me, I have other pressing matters to attend to regarding Beacon Academy".

Baxter: "Of course, Master".

Stockman responded while watching Oroku Saki leave the room. But once he was out of sight, Baxter immediately dropped the act as he called Saki a:

Baxter: "Fool". "You let your guard down the moment you believed your enemies vanquished". "Soon the technological secrets locked within this artifact will give me power beyond reckoning". "And that's when Baxter Stockman stops taking punishment and starts dishing it out".

Baxter stated as he started laughing at the thought of getting his revenge for all the torture the Shredder had put him through.

To be continued

TMNT belongs to Nickelodeon

RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and Monty Oum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 1.6K 27
This was a request. So there's issues in Vale, one thing that no one truly knows about is what lives beneath. A true Savior of Humanity cast out.
87.8K 3.3K 75
A girl named Ashley is walking to her apartment, where she lives alone, when The Purple Dragons attack her. She escapes down in a sewer drain and so...
6.7K 187 29
When mysterious robots attack the Turtles' lair in the sewer, they lose contact with their master, Splinter, and decide to go topside to meet up with...
4.4K 137 16
[THIS FIC HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED] Four infant freshwater turtles in the wilderness are accidentally mutated by a strange ooze. Being given wings of r...