TMNT and RWBY

By jim654

A crossover between TMNT and RWBY. Deep below the sewers in the city of Vale, there lives four mutant turtles... More

Things Change
A Shining Beacon
Mouser Chase
Attack of the Mousers
Meet Casey and Yang
Nano
Darkness on the Edge of Vale
The Way of Invisibility
Welcome to Beacon
A Minor Hiccup
Painting the Town Green
Extracurricular
Burning Blues
Dancing in Shadows
Fallen Angel
Garbageman
The Shredder Strikes Part 1
The Shredder Strikes Part 2
Turtle Titan & Crimson Crow
Notes from the Underground Part 1
Notes from the Underground Part 2
Notes from the Underground Part 3
The King
The Shredder Strikes Back Part 2
Tales of Leo
The Monster Hunter
Return to Vale Part 1
Return to Vale Part 2
Return to Vale Part 3
Raph, Yang, and Cub
The Search for Splinter Part 1
The Search for Splinter Part 2
The Fugitoid
Trouble with Triceratons
The Big House
The Arena
Triceraton Wars
Secret Origins Part 1
Secret Origins Part 2

The Shredder Strikes Back Part 1

1K 19 15
By jim654

Sunlight shined in through the windows of April's apartment as the sun rose in the distance. While Raph was sleeping on the floor, Mikey slept on the couch, and Donnie slept on top of the couch. Due to the limited space of the apartment, the turtles had to make do with their sleeping arrangements. Which wasn't exactly the best especially when Donnie's foot moves down and ends up in Mikey's face. Forcing him to smell it before he quickly bats Donnie's foot away.

Mikey: *mumbles* "Ugh, jeez, what died"?

Mikey complained in his sleep as he barrier his face into his pillow.

But while they were all sleeping, Master Splinter was peacefully meditating on the easy chair when his attention was suddenly drawn toward the sound of the window opening. Prompting him to open his eyes and address his eldest son.

Splinter: "Your morning training, my son"?

Leo turned to face Master Splinter as the mutant rat got off the easy chair and approached him.

Leo: "Yes, sensei". "While the city's still quiet".

Splinter: "Your discipline is commendable, Leonardo". "Have a good run".

But just as Leo was about to head out...

Splinter: "But I trust you are not thinking of going back to scout the lair alone".

Leo froze in place as he grimaced before he faced Splinter whilst putting on a forced smile as he asked:

Leo: "Why would I do that"? "Just because the sewer tunnels are overrun with Foot ninja, so we're forced to hide here at April's like cowards"?

Splinter was briefly surprised by how aggressive Leo sounded when asking that last question.

Splinter: "You ask a question that is not a question". "If we are to succeed against our foes, we will need to act together as a team, not as rash individuals".

Leo: "I understand, Master Splinter". "I am curious though, with Shredder gone, what are the Foot ninja up to"?

Splinter places a hand on Leo's shoulder as he says:

Splinter: "Patience my son". "I have a feeling we will find out all too soon".

Master Splinter said as he made his way back to his seat. But as he took the time to look back, he saw that Leo was already gone.

Speaking of Leo, he had started his morning exercise and was now running across the rooftops at a steady pace. Normally whenever he went out on these runs, he would feel focused as he gets his adrenaline flowing. But right now, however, his mind was being clouded with thoughts about someone. More specifically, a certain cat Faunus that resides as the 'B' in Team RWBY.

For some time now, Blake Belladonna has been the one clouding almost every thought in his head. He finds himself thinking about her more often than he would normally and every time he sees her, his heart seems to skip a beat and his face feels hot. It was strange. If anything, he would have to believe that he likes her as more than a friend. But...that couldn't possibly be it...could it?

Leo can see that Blake is obviously sensitive to certain subjects. The night he found her crying in an alleyway after her Faunus heritage was revealed being one of them. At that time, he didn't know Blake very well but it was still a shock to find her in such a broken state. He learned more about her that night and it was clear that she was still struggling with her past even after all the time that's passed. But that didn't exactly make her weak. Not at all.

Blake, from what Leo can see is a person with a difficult past but is also caring and honorable despite it all no matter how much she seems to doubt it. She wants to do good in the world and fight for the people, whether they be human or Faunus. She's passionate about what she cares about. Whether that is equality, her friends, or her books. But most of all, she's a remarkable person, she's a trusted and valued friend, and she's beautiful-

Leo widened his eyes and quickly slapped himself across the face to snap himself out of his thoughts. He needed to focus. And thinking about Blake clearly isn't helping.

And so, having quite literally slapped the distracting thoughts out of his head, Leo continued on his run and quickly jumped to another rooftop. But as he did so, in an alleyway, a group of Foot ninjas looked up to where Leo had jumped as they made their way up the building and began to pursue the blue-masked turtle.

This didn't go unnoticed as Leo briefly glanced behind him to see one of the Foot ninjas charging at him with his sword raised above his head. Turning away, Leo continued to run until he quickly ducked when he felt an attack aimed at his head coming. Sure enough, the Foot ninja went sailing over him before crashing into a brick wall.

With him taken care of, Leo turned around and growled at the remaining three ninjas as he unsheathed one of his swords. He was about ready to attack when the sound of movement caught his attention. Making him look up to see more Foot ninjas above him as one of them gestures for the others to attack. He looked back at the other group of Foot ninjas and growled as they were about to strike. Leo then looked up to see a rope above him and right as the Foot ninjas were about to attack, he ran and used the Foot ninja that was knocked down from before as a springboard to launch himself upward. Allowing him to grab the rope and slice it before using it to swing across to another building while the Foot ninjas gave chase.

Meanwhile, back at April's apartment, Mikey turned in his sleep with his hand propped against the back of the couch. Which then drifted down as Mikey dreamed about dropping food into his mouth. But it was then that his hand became numb and ended up smacking his face. Making him yell and wake up Donnie and Raph as they both quickly stood up in surprise with their weapons drawn.

Raph: "What"?! "What is it?!

Mikey: "Ha, ha, ha". "Oh man, I slept on my hand and it got numb and hit my face, and I thought somebody slapped me". "Don't you hate that"?

Everyone stared at Mikey dumbfounded.

Raph: "Words fail me".

Raph said as he sheathed his twin sai and walked away as Donnie put away his bo staff.

However, as Raph was heading to the bathroom, Mikey suddenly came and flipped over him.

Mikey: "First dibs on the bathroom"!

Mikey exclaimed as he ran in and shut the bathroom door in Raph's face. Leaving Raph unable to do anything but lean his head against the door and let out a sigh of defeat.

Later on in the morning, Mikey was preparing breakfast for everyone as he used a spatula to flip some eggs on the pan. But it would seem as though he was making a rather large mess of the kitchen. Considering that the kitchen sink was overflowing with dishes and the fact that smoke was rising from the toaster behind him.

Soon enough, April came out of her bedroom and yawned before seeing the turtles and Master Splinter.

April: "I really do have four turtles and a rat sleeping in my living room". "I thought I was just having a really bad dream".

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door which prompted April to answer it to see that it was Team RWBY.

Ruby: "Morning April".

April: *yawns* "Good morning".

April greeted as she stepped aside to let the girls inside before closing the door behind them.

Yang: "Morning boys".

Raph/Donnie: "Morning".

Weiss: *sniffs* "Hey, what's burning"?

Raph: "Mikey's cooking".

Raph stated as Blake looked over to see burnt toast pop out of the toaster.

Blake: "...That explains it".

However, while Mikey was busy cooking, he accidentally broke the yolk of one of the eggs he was frying. Making him wince at his mistake before he decided to scramble it to cover it up.

Mikey: "Hey, scrambled's okay with everybody, right"?

Everyone: "Again"?!

Everyone asked, making Mikey cringe.

However, once everyone settled down, it was then that some of them noticed that there was a turtle missing.

Ruby: "Hey, where's Leo"?

Splinter: "He is engaged with his morning exercises".

Yang: "Well, he better get back here soon". "Cause' it looks like it's gonna be raining cats and dogs in a few minutes".

Yang commented as she looked out the window to see storm clouds rolling in as lightning struck while the sound of thunder could be heard.

Back out in the city, Leo pulled himself onto a roof's edge and hung there for a moment as he tried to catch his breath. He has no idea how long he's been running for. But as far as he was concerned, he was just glad to have given his pursuers the slip...for the moment anyway.

Leo groans as he climbs onto the rooftop before dropping down on his hands and knees, still breathing hard. However, at the sight of a leg, he looks up to see Foot ninjas in front of him. This prompts him to stand and step back but stops when he realizes he's on the edge of the roof. Seeing this, he quickly pulls his second katana and readies himself as the Foot ninjas charge at him.

Leo charged at them as well and before the first one could strike, Leo smashed his knee against the Foot ninja's face and kicked off him. Sending himself into the air before bouncing off the top of the heads of the other Foot ninjas before striking two with a split kick. Once he landed on the ground, he quickly spun and kicked two ninjas down. He then ducked under a sword and countered with a sweep kick followed by kicking the ninja into another one. Leo then kicked another Foot ninja away before turning and held his sword up to block an attack. He then planted his foot on the Foot ninja's chest and used his other leg to kick off of him. Sending himself upwards where he dove down and sliced at two Foot ninjas. Disarming them before he struck both down with a split kick. But as Leo stood up, he quickly had to hold up his swords to block two swords that were about to slice his back. Leo then flipped himself over as he wrapped his arms around a Foot ninja's neck while also wrapping his legs around the other Foot ninja and used his momentum to hurl both of them into the other Foot ninjas. Leo then quickly jumped back to dodge a sword and quickly countered by running up and sliding in between the ninja's legs before performing a donkey kick. Sending the Foot ninja flying and adding themself to the pile of unconscious Foot ninjas.

Leo looked around at his handiwork, savoring the small victory before he caught a glimpse of movement in the corner of his eye. Prompting him to turn only to see more Foot ninjas on a nearby rooftop. He glared at them before looking up towards the sky when lightning struck and rain started to fall. Though he paid the weather no mind as he turned his attention back to the three Foot ninjas a few rooftops away. Or at least he thought there were only three when over a dozen more suddenly decided to make their appearance.

The entire battlefield was filled with an air of tension as Leo was quick to steel himself for the fight ahead.

Meanwhile, back at April's apartment, a plate was thrown like a frisbee before it was quickly caught by Raph.

Raph: "Got it"!

Raph called out as he set the plate down on the table.

Raph: "Next".

Raph yelled which prompted Mikey to throw the next plate that was also caught and set down.

But as they were doing that, April stepped out of the bathroom in time to see what was happening as Raph caught another plate and set it down.

April panicked when another plate whizzed past her.

April: "Ah, NO"!

Yang: "Yo, Mikey, toss it here, I'm open"!

April: "NO"!

Mikey: "Go long"! "Go long"!

Mikey yelled as he hurled the plate across the apartment.

April: "Not the China"!

Quickly realizing she wouldn't be able to catch it, Yang immediately ran back as she flipped over Master Splinter who was sitting in the easy chair reading a newspaper, and caught the plate in midair before crashing into the ground out of view. Making everyone gasp before Yang stood up and triumphantly held the intact plate over her head.

Yang: "Ha ha, touchdown"!

Raph/Mikey: "Yeah"!

April: *sighs* "Why should today be any different".

Splinter: "Kids".

Weiss came and placed a hand on April's shoulder.

Weiss: "I apologize for...most of us being a bother to you".

Weiss apologized as she guided April to the table where Donnie pulled the chair out for her to sit down.

April: "Don't sweat it". "I realize it's tough for six, uh, people to share a one-person apartment".

Donnie: "We'll be out of your way as soon as we can".

April: "Don't get me wrong, I love you guys, I really do". "It's just...my place is too small".

Splinter: "We will leave as soon as the Foot ninja are gone from the tunnels surrounding our lair".

Splinter informed before everyone's attention turned to Mikey who approached the table with a plate of toast balanced on his head, one plate of scrambled eggs in his right hand along with a bottle of jam in the left hand, one plate balanced on his forearm, and two plates balanced on his shoulders. Following him was Ruby who was holding two plates of scrambled eggs in her hands while balancing two other plates on her shoulders, and balancing on her head was a tub of butter.

April: "Um, can I help you and Ruby with that very delicate China, Mikey"?

Mikey: "We got it, thanks".

Mikey says as he and Ruby throw everything into the air, making April shriek and cover her eyes. But when she didn't hear anything breaking, she peeked through her fingers and lowered her hands in complete shock to see everything was neatly set on the table.

Mikey: "Heh, ninja training".

Mikey stated as he and Ruby shared a high-five before they both sat down and proceeded to dig in. Both of them ate sloppily as everyone else watched in disgust. Everyone except for Raph and Yang who were eating just as sloppily as Mikey and Ruby.

Raph: "Say what you'd like about Mikey, *eats* the guy knows how to scramble an egg".

Yang: "Tell me about it". *eats*

April: "So, one would think that table manners were a part of their training"?

Splinter: "One would think".

Weiss: *sighs* "Would the four of you care for some napkins"?

Weiss asked as she held up a few napkins. To which Raph, Yang, Mikey, and Ruby collectively gave Weiss a confused look and asked:

Raph/Yang/Mikey/Ruby: "What for"?

Weiss could only sigh as she watched the four of them continue eating.

Weiss: "I don't even know why I bothered to ask".

Donnie patted Weiss on the shoulder before everyone started to eat as well. Though as Blake was about to take the first bite of her breakfast, she stopped herself and decided to split her portion to save a bit of food for Leo. Since he'd no doubt be hungry when he gets back. But speaking of him...

Blake: "Shouldn't Leo have been back by now"?

Donnie: "Hey, of the four of us, Leo's the one turtle you never have to worry about".

Yang: "Yeah, don't worry too much, Blake". "Leo's as tough as they come". "He'll be fine".

Blake looked down at her food in thought before glancing back toward the window where she could see that it was still raining heavily. She knew that Leo could handle himself if he got into trouble and was perfectly capable of taking on anything that came his way...but she still couldn't help but worry.

Blake: "I hope you're right".

Blake commented as she started eating.

Back in the city, Leo watched as several Foot ninjas landed in front of him. Both opposing sides glared at one another before charging in and meeting in the middle.

Leo was quick to dodge the first ninja's sword by flipping over him and kicking him in the back. He then ducked under a sword that was swung at his head and kicked the Foot ninja away before quickly spinning around to block two swords and pinning them down with his own. He then knocked both ninjas down with a split kick before running up and kicking another ninja into a brick wall. He then flipped over a Foot ninja and kicked off his back to gain some air only to kick another ninja that had jumped after him back to the ground.

Upon landing, Leo wasted no time as he smashed his knee into the face of one ninja, sweep kicking the other before kicking him away, and kicked the last one down to the ground before jumping into the air and coming back down to crush the ninja with his shell.

With that last one taken out, Leo stood up breathing heavily in exhaustion as he took a look around at all the unconscious Foot ninjas around him. Once he had caught his breath, he sheathed his swords and wiped the sweat and rainwater off his head as he was ready to leave. But right when he was about to head off, a strange sound caught his attention and made him look up at the roof of another building.

It was there that he saw three Foot Tech ninjas looking down at him.

Leo's guard went up as he jumped back the moment he saw all three jump down to the building he was on and quickly unsheathed his swords again. But unexpectedly, all three Foot Tech ninjas touched the Foot emblem on their chest to activate their suits' cloaking mechanisms. Causing them to seemingly disappear into thin air.

This in turn made Leo take a defensive stance as he actively looked around for any sign of his adversaries. The moment he heard the sound of someone stepping on a puddle of water, Leo swung his sword in the general direction. Only to hit nothing but air as he was suddenly struck in the back and fell to his knees. He growled as he stood back up only to be punched in the jaw by an invisible fist which sent him flying away several feet and landed on another rooftop.

Leo groaned in pain as he weakly sat up with his swords held close and looked around only to see nothing. Which led to him receiving a kick to the chest that sent him sliding across the slippery roof until his shell hit a brick wall, dropping one of his swords in the process.

Leo coughed up a bit of blood and quickly wiped it away as he retrieved his sword before standing up again. He looked around his surroundings to see nothing. His anxiety grew as he continued to hear sounds of movement. But no matter which direction he looked, he always saw nothing. It got to the point where Leo decided to rapidly swing his swords. Slashing at nothing until an invisible fist suddenly struck him in the plastron. Knocking the air out of his lungs before he received a punch to the face that knocked him down. But he quickly stood back up and retaliated by slicing the air.

But all of a sudden, Leo found both of his arms being grabbed as he was suddenly lifted off the ground and was being carried to the edge of the roof. He desperately tried to free himself but to no avail. And when he looked down and saw just how high up he was, he began to panic and flail his legs trying to get free. Only to be thrown off the roof screaming as he fell to his doom.

However, as lightning flashes above him, Leo catches a glimpse of a woman with long dark hair who is wearing red armor and a menacing Grimm mask looking directly at him from a building several blocks away.

This small yet fast distraction forced him to steel himself as he flipped himself over in midair and sheathed one of his swords. He then reached his left hand out and grasped onto the edge of a building. His body smashed into the side of the wall as he grunted in pain before he shook it off and pulled himself up.

Once on the roof, Leo stepped forward wary of his surroundings while he kept a tight grip on his sword. And it wasn't until he noticed a few puddles splashing that he realized that he was not alone on the rooftop. This was beginning to feel all too familiar to him. The situation he was in reminded him of the time he had to face off against Neo when he was helping Blake and Sun infiltrate a White Fang rally. But now that he thought about the method he used to defeat Neo...

Leo: "If it worked once..."

Leo said as he steadied himself and turned his mask sideways so that it would act as a blindfold. Removing his sense of sight and allowing him to focus on his surroundings with his other senses. He stood completely still as a statue, listening to the sound of someone he couldn't see stepping in a puddle. But Leo didn't act, he just stood there and waited.

And waited...

And waited...

But then he sensed movement and quickly spun around and kicked a Foot Tech ninja in the chest. Causing them to become visible as they were sent crashing to the ground groaning in pain. But it wasn't over yet as Leo repositioned himself into a defensive stance. When he sensed something behind him, Leo quickly flipped his katana into the reverse grip and thrust it behind him. The tip of the blade stabbed the cloaking mechanism on the ninja's chest. Making him visible as Leo spun and kicked him away. Now there was only one left.

Leo heard the sound of water splashing as he leaped and sliced downward as he flipped through the air. Sparks of electricity lit up as the Foot Tech ninja suddenly became visible. Upon realizing that the cloaking tech in his suit was done for, the Foot Tech ninja unsheathed his sword and turned around to attack. Only for Leo to rush in and kick him down to the ground. And with that, all the Foot Tech ninjas were defeated.

Leo turned his mask back around as he looked down at the unconscious Foot Tech ninja and bowed before rushing off and leaping to another building. Unaware of the fact that he was being tracked by more Foot Tech ninjas.

But just as they were about to give chase, a black feather fell to the ground followed by the same woman that Leo had seen before as she landed on her knees in front of the Foot Tech ninjas who all jumped back startled as they watched as the woman stood up on her feet.

The newcomer's Grimm mask gave her an intimidating and inhuman appearance. Her red eye could be seen through the mask's eye slits as she looked between each Foot Tech ninja. Watching as each of them unsheathed their swords and took defensive stances. Glancing to the right, she could see Leo running off in the distance only to stop and look back. For a brief moment, their eyes made contact. Both of them found themselves staring at one another before Leo turned and ran until he finally disappeared out of her view.

Seeing that Leo was no longer around, the woman placed her hand on the hilt of her weapon and slowly unsheathed it. Revealing a long, single-edged, one-handed sword with a blood-red blade.

Raven: "Now, which of you will face me first"?

Meanwhile, back at April's apartment, Raph and Donnie were washing the dishes with help from Yang and Weiss. Or at least they were until Mikey peeked around the corner.

Mikey: "You guys need any help"?

The moment he asked that question, April could be heard yelling from her bedroom telling them to:

April: "Keep him away from the dishes"!

At that, Mikey pumped his fist in victory.

Mikey: "Yes, it worked". "Ha, ha, ha".

Mikey grinned as he disappeared around the corner. Allowing Yang, Raph, Donnie, and Weiss to get back to washing the dishes.

Raph: "Is it just me or is he getting worse"?

Raph commented as he and the others watched as lightning struck.

Yang: "Man, it's really pouring out there".

Donnie: "Leo must be nuts to be out in this weather".

Raph: "Eh, you know Leo and his training, nothing stops him".

Weiss: "I'm all for training to improve myself, but this is ridiculous". "If he stays out there any longer in this weather, he's going to get sick".

Their conversation didn't go unheard as Blake's cat ears twitched underneath her blue bow. She was feeling uneasy as she looked away from her book and glanced outside the window and out to the city with a worried expression.

Blake: 'Leo...where are you'?

Meanwhile, Leo landed on another building and quickly looked around to see that he was alone for the moment. He'd have to think that he'd have to thank that person with the Grimm mask earlier. He didn't know whether she was friend or foe, but whichever she was, he was at least happy she gave him an opportunity to get some distance between him and the Foot. As well as a chance to catch his breath since he was beyond tired. His body was covered in bruises and cuts. And it would seem that he had hurt his left arm when he had to stop himself from falling to his death.

However, Leo's guard immediately went up as he unsheathed one of his swords and turned to see that it was Hun. The large muscular man cracked his knuckles and growled as he approached. Making Leo take a few steps back.

Hun was unbelievably intimidating with his large size. In the past, Leo had defeated him with the help of his brothers and Team RWBY. But now...he was on his own. So he'll just have to deal with it.

Leo scowled as he took a defensive stance and taunted the large man to come at him. To which Hun responded by charging at Leo. Only for the blue-masked turtle to leap over his head and land behind him before taunting him again.

Hun walked over and grabbed hold of a large vent pipe as he easily tore it off before he charged at Leo who quickly defended himself by blocking with his sword. Hun continued to swing the vent pipe, pushing Leo back as he blocked one attack after the other. Up until Leo lept into the air and went to strike Hun. Only to be hit out of the air by the vent pipe and sent flying into a pigeon coop. Leaving poor Leo lying there groaning in pain as he weakly stood back up when Hun approached.

Hun raised the vent pipe above his head and swung it at Leo. Only for Leo to flip over him and position himself in front of a brick chimney. He waited with bated breath as Hun charged at him and the moment the large man was close enough, Leo sidestepped and hit Hun in the back with a palm strike that sent him crashing facefirst into the chimney. The impact caused the chimney to crack and fall apart.

As Hun recovered, he opened his eyes only to stare up in horror as the whole chimney fell on top of him.

With him down for the count, Leo sheathed his sword and took a breath before a black feather fell in front of him. Making him look up to see a black bird perched on the edge of a taller building next to the one he was on.

He didn't know why, but it didn't feel like he was staring at an animal. It felt more as though he was staring at a person the longer he looked at the bird. And call him crazy, but he swears that it was staring right back at him as well.

Soon enough, the bird spread its wings and took off in flight. Leo didn't know why, but he felt that he should follow it for some reason. So, against his better judgment, he did exactly that.

Back at April's apartment, Donnie and Raph were seated on the couch watching a football game along with Ruby and Yang who were sitting on the floor.

Raph: "Panthers, Rams, Bears, uh, they even got Dolphins". "You'd think they'd have room for something a little more...reptilian".

Donnie: "The Turtles"? "My friend, unfortunately, the lowly turtle has been saddled by society with a stereotype of being velocity-challenged".

Raph: "...Say what"?

Ruby and Yang shrugged as they were equally as confused as he was.

But suddenly, Mikey walked over and stood in front of the TV as he asked:

Mikey: "May I have your attention, please"?

Getting everyone's attention, including April, Weiss, Splinter, and Blake who were sitting at the dinner table. Once he had everyone's attention, Mikey proceeded to let out a very loud and long burp.

Raph/Donnie: "...Cool".

Yang: "Nice".

They said as the three of them clapped while Ruby stuck out her tongue in disgust. All the while Mikey simply basked in the glory and bowed to his loving audience.

April: "EW"!

Weiss: "Michelangelo, that is repulsive"!

Splinter: "This is what I live with, all the time".

Blake didn't say anything and simply shook her head.

Mikey: "Please, please, you're too kind".

And it was at that moment that Donnie suddenly realized what he was clapping for.

Donnie: "I can't believe I just clapped for that".

Raph stopped clapping as he looked at Donnie and then at his own hands before deciding that enough was enough as he stood up.

Raph: "That's it, I'm gonna look for Leo, so we can get this show on the road". "No offense, April, but we really need to get back to our lair". "I'm going stir-crazy".

Splinter: "You are going nowhere until your brother returns". "Sit"!

Raph: "Man, what a gyp"! "We gotta sit around on our butts while Leo's out there having all the fun".

Back out in the city, Leo peeked around the corner as dozens of Foot ninjas ran by searching for him. Somehow, following the black bird had saved him. But as he looked back, he saw that the bird was gone from its spot on the fire escape. Looks like he was on his own again.

Leo peeked around the corner again to see if the coast was clear before he made his way up the building via the fire escape. But as he reached the rooftop, he was startled when Hun suddenly busted through a door and came charging at him. Prompting Leo to quickly vault over Hun as he ran by before making a run for it across the rooftops.

All the while, more Foot ninjas joined in on the chase as Leo ran across the city for what seemed like miles. Leo's heart was racing as he continued to push himself to keep running. Even though he was exhausted to the point of collapse. But he just wouldn't stop. He couldn't stop. He just kept on running until eventually he ran out of rooftops.

Leo turned back to face the dozens of Foot ninjas, Hun included, with a glare. Though there weren't that many Foot Tech ninjas in the group, he was still clearly outnumbered.

Lightning flashed in the sky followed by the sound of thunder while Leo breathed heavily before steeling himself as he quickly unsheathed his swords and rushed into battle.

Leo leaped into the air and kicked down a ninja, blocking a sword from behind and countering with a spit kick to strike down his attacker and another ninja at the same time. He then charged and knocked two ninjas down with a dropkick followed by launching himself upward to kick another ninja in the jaw, sending them flying upwards. Upon landing, Leo sliced the blade off a ninja's sword and kicked him off the roof before smashing his elbow into the face of another ninja.

Hun shouted as he charged at Leo while the blue-masked turtle was busy fending off over a dozen Foot ninjas. But Leo was quick to spot Hun charging at him as he quickly vaulted over a Foot ninja's back and used him as a springboard to launch himself towards an antenna. He quickly grabbed it and bent it back before releasing it. Causing the antenna to whip back and strike Hun, knocking him down.

Hun rubbed his jaw as he stood back up. Growling when Leo hopped down to face him as the two glared at one another.

But suddenly, Hun unexpectedly stood up straight and chuckled as he took a few steps back while all the Foot ninjas bowed in unison. Confusing Leo as he tried to figure out why they were all suddenly like this. But his question was answered when he suddenly felt a presence behind him. Making him turn and look up to see four menacing-looking ninjas staring down at him from a taller building. With each of them wielding a different weapon. One had a trident, another had a spear, another had a battle axe, and the final one had a twin-bladed sword.

Their appearance was not only intimidating but also frightening. Through Leo's eyes, the four ninjas staring down at him looked almost like Grimm. The lightning that flashed behind them only added to their already frightening appearance and instilled a feeling of both fear and dread in Leo as his hands shook.

Compared to the enemies Leo had faced before, these new ninjas were nothing like them. These four held a more threatening presence compared to the usual Foot ninja. The atmosphere felt tense as Leo continued to stare up at the four new adversaries with a frightened expression. Feeling like a small animal that has been cornered by a much more dangerous one. The only other time he has felt this way was when he, his brothers, and Team RWBY faced off against the Shredder. And now all of those memories of having to fight against what they all considered their greatest and most dangerous foe were flooding back into his mind.

But despite what Leo felt, he was quick to steel himself and force down whatever fear plagued his mind as he unsheathed his swords and leaped into battle. Only for the four ninjas to suddenly vanish in a cloud of smoke seconds before Leo landed on the building they were on.

Leo: "Huh"?

Leo looks back down only to see the four ninjas reappear, joining Hun and the other Foot ninjas as they all collectively turn and bow. Leaving Leo confused as he turned to look in the general direction of where they were facing. Only to receive a shocking and dreadful discovery that the Shredder, whom he'd thought was defeated, was still alive and was standing on a rooftop across the street.

Leo: "No..."

Having been caught completely off-guard by the discovery of the Shredder being alive, Leo failed to notice when the four elite ninjas had disappeared and reappeared on the rooftop he was on. And by the time he noticed, one of the elite ninjas had struck him in the chest. Knocking him back and allowing the other elite ninja to kick him in the back as they all began circling around. This tactic allowed the elite ninjas to strike Leo from all sides while also preventing him from being able to focus on one opponent.

Each time Leo tried to strike, he was quickly forced to defend himself against one elite ninja only to be struck from behind. This constant cycle where Leo was forced to constantly switch between attacking and defending made it easy for the elite ninja to strike Leo. Adding more bruises to his body as well as some cuts until one final strike in the back forced Leo to drop to the ground.

Leo breathed heavily as he coughed blood onto the floor. Blood was dripping from the cuts on his body, his vision was becoming slightly blurry, he was having trouble breathing, and he was both outnumbered and outmatched.

The enemy he was facing possessed a level of skill that he had yet to obtain and he was quickly being overwhelmed with exhaustion. His limbs shook as he could barely muster up the strength to continue fighting and the feeling of dread instilled within him had resurfaced and was greatly affecting him physically, mentally, and spiritually. The fear that he was going to die on this rooftop was practically choking him and it was made even worse by the fear of never being able to see his family again.

It was the one thing that got him to freeze as he thought about it. The thought of never being able to see Master Splinter every morning for training, seeing Mikey's usual antics, Ruby's innocent and bright personality, Donnie working on his latest invention, Weiss' insistence on being a proper and well-mannered lady, Raph striking his favorite punching bag, Yang's confident smile while she's working on her bike, and...Blake...

It's funny...here he is practically hanging onto whatever life he still has left in him and suddenly all he could think about was Blake. More importantly, how he has been shying away from the fact that he might have...no...has feelings for her. He knew he liked her...but never wanted to admit it to himself thinking that there was no possibility for them to be together. But...looking at Mikey and Ruby, and how Donnie and Weiss have been lately, it was clear that he was wrong. If Blake was here, he would tell her straight up how he felt. Put their differences aside and see if they could make a relationship between them work...but...it looks like that was never going to happen now...

Though broken and battered to the point where he could barely get himself to stand, Leo steeled himself, wiped the blood from his mouth, and weakly stood up for one final last stand. Tightening his grip on his swords and gritting his teeth as he looked up at the elite ninjas surrounding him, he yelled at the top of his lungs as he pushed himself up and leaped into the air and kicked an elite ninja back as he then traded blows with the one wielding the twin-bladed sword. Only to be struck in the back by the one armed with the trident.

Leo quickly countered with a kick as he blocked the battle axe only for the elite ninja carrying the twin-bladed sword to slice him in the leg. Making him yell out in pain as he was kicked in the chest followed by another kick to the face that sent him falling to the ground. But he quickly recovered and knocked an elite ninja down with a sweep kick. But right as he did that, he was kicked in the back, struck on the side, and punched in the jaw.

But as he turned to swing his sword, Leo was struck by the elite ninja wielding the trident and was not only disarmed but also sent stumbling back to the edge of the building. Which was when an elite ninja ran up with his hand enveloped in his aura and struck Leo in the chest with a palm strike that knocked the air out of Leo's lungs and sent him flying off the rooftop screaming.

Back at April's apartment, everyone was standing around watching the clock and Leo had still yet to return. Making everyone grow worried as the blue-masked turtle should've come back hours ago.

Ruby: "Guys, I'm really starting to get worried". "Leo should've been back by now".

Weiss: "It isn't like him to be gone for this long on a training run".

The turtles and Team RWBY looked to Master Splinter.

Raph: "Master Splinter"?

Splinter, seeing that his son has not returned from his morning training, sighed and told them to:

Splinter: "Go".

With that said, the turtles and Team RWBY began to head out to search for Leo.

Mikey: "Jeez, what if something really happened to him"?

As soon as Mikey asked that question, Blake stopped when her enhanced hearing picked up the sound of Leo screaming before he suddenly came crashing through the window. Making everyone gasp and/or scream as Leo landed on the ground hard. Blake was immediately the first one to rush up to him.

Blake: "LEO"!

Everyone else followed after her as they all gathered around a barely conscious Leonardo while Blake gently lifted his head and rested it on her lap.

Yang: "Leo, what happened"?!

At hearing Yang's voice, Leo struggled to open his eyes. His vision was blurry for a moment before it cleared up. Allowing him to see his brothers and all of Team RWBY staring at him with worried expressions.

Raph: "Who did this to you"?!

Leo wanted to speak, but even that was a struggle to do.

At this, Raph growled as he stood up, armed himself with his twin sai, and headed for the window that his brother crashed through.

Raph: "I'm gonna find out who did this".

Yang: "I'm with you".

Said Yang as she followed Raph with her eyes red and her hair starting to flare up. But right as they were about to go, Leo stopped them by managing to say:

Leo: "No, Raph...Yang, wait".

Upon hearing his voice, Raph and Yang walked back and knelt down to Leo.

Leo: "H-He's...back". "The...Shredder".

After saying that, Leo finally passed out. Leaving everyone else unable to do anything but gasp in shock and horror at the news Leo had brought with him.

Meanwhile, the Shredder approached the four elite ninjas who all bowed to him as one of them presented Leo's swords to him. Which he took and raised triumphantly above his head before bending the swords until they broke.

Having destroyed Leo's weapons, the Shredder begins laughing as he tosses whatever was left of the swords aside.

To be continued

TMNT belongs to Nickelodeon

RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and Monty Oum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 187 29
When mysterious robots attack the Turtles' lair in the sewer, they lose contact with their master, Splinter, and decide to go topside to meet up with...
7.7K 131 20
(takes place after Halo Universe) Devon and his friends went to a world where his parents visited eleven years ago. This one has three different real...
29.2K 930 29
Gone overseas to study with no plan, what could go wrong? Stuck between the normal human life and mutants that will cause more than one problem, fol...
18.9K 530 9
[ One day in Donatello's lab, a triangular portal opens up from an unknown object- and a few familiar faces fall from it ] Bolded name are 2012 turtl...