The Stray and The Radio Demon

By RedDemonica

Olivia Spencer has been running ever since she landed in Hell. From her family, her past and her life, until... More

Ch 1: Arrival
Ch 2: New Beginnings
Ch 3: First Day
Ch 4: Crystal Clear
Ch 5: Two Small Steps Forward, One Giant Leap Back
Ch 6: An Unwelcome Visit
Ch 7: New Crazy Family
Ch 8: Preparation
Ch 9: A Dance Moving Forward
Ch 10: The Unbearable Itch
Ch 11: The Past Creeps
Ch 12: Truth or Drink
Ch 13: The Wounds of the Past
Ch 14: Reginald Shultz
Ch 16: Dancing Closer and Yet Still So Far
Ch 17: A Deal Worth Making
Ch 18: Beignets of Love
Ch 19: A Cold-Hearted Understanding
Ch 20: The Edge of Despair
Ch 21: Revenge of the Damaged
Ch 22: Healing Together
Ch 23: Nightmares and Distractions
Ch 24: Cooking Together
Ch 25: True Colours
Ch 26: First Date
Ch 27: Stress Reliever
Ch 28: Fittings and Mobs and Dogs, Oh My!
Ch 29: The Extermination Masquerade
Ch 30: The Von Bast Estate Expedition
Ch 31: Devestation of the Heart
Ch 32: Road to Recovery and Strength
Ch 33: A First for Two Becoming One
Ch 34: A Home of Their Own
Ch 35: Unnatural Feelings
Ch 36: The Interview
Ch 37: Survival Skills
Ch 38: Dream a Little Dream of Me
Ch 39: New Allies
Ch 40: Bonds Forged and Burned
Ch 41: The End of It All
Ch 42: Light In Your Eyes
Ch 43: Fluttering Relief
Ch 44: Price of Redemption
Ch 45: The Beach Episode Pt 1: Arriving
Ch 46: The Beach Epsiode Pt 2: Vulnerable
Ch 47: The Beach Episode Pt 3: A Walk To Remember
Ch 48: The Beach Episode Pt 4: Shenanigans and Fear
Ch 49: The Beach Episode Pt 5: Revenge At Its Finest
Ch 50: Memory Lane
Ch 51: The Talk He Dreaded
Ch 52: The Rut Pt. 1
Ch 53: The Rut Pt. 2
Ch 54: Vampire's Allure
Editor's note: I'm sorry, but this needs to be done.

Ch 15: Formerly Octavia Von Bast

755 20 2
By RedDemonica

Text
"I was born to the Von Bast family in 1921 to Paul and Shareena. My mother was a kind and gentle person. My father was nothing like that. He was cold, cruel and sadistic. He groomed me to be the perfect wife from the time I could talk. I had long, bright blonde hair and light blue eyes, looking nothing like I do now. They trained me in etiquette, manners and poise, to be seen but not heard. My mother was the one who taught me to sing, play the violin And how to knit, so I was very close to her. She passed when I was 12 to the flu. At least, that's what my father told me, I remember very little around that time. When I was 22, my father chose a profitable husband for me. That was Reginald Shultz. You are all aware of their closeness of the Shultz and Von Bast's here in Hell? Well, it was the same in life too."

"At first, Reginald was kind and romantic. We courted for a year before he proposed. I said yes, of course. I believed I would be happy with this arrangement, until the night before my wedding. I found out my brother Oscar, died in action during World War 2. It upset me as he was the only family member I had left that I cared about and now he was gone too. So I took an evening stroll to clear my head. After all, the happiest day of my life was tomorrow. I was walking when I saw Reginald come out of a house with three of his friends. I could tell they had been drinking, and they approached me. I thought nothing of it until I blacked out to the smell of chloroform." Olivia took a deep breath as silence surrounded her. All wide eyes on her with full attention.

"I woke up in a small room, chained to a small bed and they kept there me for ten hours where I was...... where they-" she choked on a small sob and covered her mouth. Her right hand gripped her skirt before it was pried open. She looked to her right to Angel who had two of his hands holding hers. A small smile grew on his face as he nodded. She sniffed and continued.

"Anyway, you get the idea. When morning came, Reginald hauled me out of the house to his car, drove to my father's and dumped me at his feet. He accused me of adultery and demanded that if my father didn't hand over the company completely to him when we got married, he would go public and shame our name. Before, it was in an agreement that Reginald would only get 50% of the company while my father held the other half. My father agreed after he gave me my beating for dishonouring him. So the wedding still happened the next day. I did not want to marry him any more, but I had a plan. I would play the part of the perfect wife so no one would suspect me of what I was about to do." Olivia smiled.

Angel grinned. "Oh, this is going to be great."

Olivia looked at him and smirked. "A month after they married us, I grabbed my knitting needles and went out into the night. I went to the house where I was taken and there lay one of Reginald's friends who had a hand in assaulting me. So I slowly took his life."

Olivia's smiled widened as she remembered the feeling.

"In the next month, I killed another of his friends, and the next month another, until only Reginald was left. He didn't suspect a thing as I knocked him out and dragged him into the basement. He had me locked up for ten hours, so I gave him ten back. The room was soundproof, so no one heard his screams. Before morning, I took his body and placed rocks in his pockets, taking him to the river and dumping his body. I watch it sink to the bottom where no one would find it. Then, I went home and went to bed. I called the police at lunch the next day, telling them Reginald was missing. I played the part of the scared and worried wife well enough that I wasn't even a suspect. Two weeks went by and the search ended, Reginald was officially dead." Olivia heaved a sigh and smiled.

"Now I had one more pressing issue. I wanted to kill again and so I did. I had gained the taste for blood. For the next few years, I killed and killed. At first it was adulterous men and women but then it escalated to Whoever i could find in the night alone. The police finally got wind of me, but I wouldn't let them take me. So I planned two more kills. My father was the first."

Charlie gasped. "You mean you are the one who killed Paul Von Bast? I remember in court, people would talk about how they died, but he never did. He said his death was an embarrassment. What. Did. You. Do?'

Olivia giggled. "Well, I walked up behind him as he was having his evening tea and stuck one of my needles through the back of his throat, watching him bleed out. Then I dragged him outside and strung him up on the front gates. I might have forgotten to give him clothes." Olivia smiled innocently.

Alastor grinned while Angel burst out laughing.

"Wow, Doll. That's amazing. I can't believe you did that!"

Niffty was standing on her seat. "Then what happened?!"

Olivia's smiled grew a little sad. "Well, I said I had two kills to plan. My father was the first, and the second was mine. As I heard the sirens getting closer, I stood on the balcony overlooking the front room with a rope around my neck. When the police burst in to apprehend me, I spread my arms and jumped. Next thing I knew, I woke up in Hell."

Olivia looked around at all the stunned and impressed faces. "And that's the story of me."

Husker whistle low. "Holy shit, Liv."

Charlie had visibly paled. "I don't.....what do you even say after that?"

Olivia shook her head. "I don't want anyone to say anything. As you saw yesterday, I still have many issues to deal with but I'm ok. Really, I am. I just think I need to be distracted tonight."

Alastor placed a hand on his chin inquisitively and looked to Charlie. "I think we might know someone who can help with that."

Charlie perked up and her smile widened. "You mean, we're going to pay May-Belle a visit?"

Angel threw all four of his hands in the air. "Yes, please!!! We haven't seen her in a while!" He turned to Olivia. "Oh, you have to meet May-Belle."

Olivia looked confused. "May-Belle?"

Everyone just smirked, except Husker, who groaned and covered his face.

After supper, everyone made their way to the front doors towards the waiting limo. They were all dressed up for a good night of partying. Charlie stopped Olivia before she exited the building as the others passed them.

"Olivia, thank you for telling us. I know it couldn't have been easy, but I feel like we have grown closer to you, in a way. It makes me so happy that you trust us enough to know your secret."

Olivia blushed. "Thank you, Charlie. I do trust all of you. I just hope you don't all think differently about me."

Charlie cocked her head. "There is absolutely no reason we should. You are still Olivia and thats all that matters. Reginald will get is comeuppance one day, I guarantee it!"

Once in the limo, Charlie couldn't stop bouncing in her seat while Vaggie and Angel rolled their eyes. Husker looked the most miserable, but no one would tell her why. All she would get is an 'you'll see.' They also we're not telling her where they were going, only that they were on their way to see May-Belle. Olivia sat next to Alastor. She leaned close to him.

"So is anyone going to tell me where we're going?"

Alastor grinned. "You will find out. Trust me, it's worth the wait."

Olivia smiled and nodded. "If you say so."

About a 20 minute drive later, they pulled up in front of a rundown looking barn on the outskirts of the city. Lights and music poured out from the open windows. A security guard stood at the front door. The group got out and walked up to him. He glanced a bored look across the group until he landed on Alastor and his eyes widened. He then stood to the side and let them through. As they entered the hallway, rhythm and blues surrounded her senses. They came into the open area of the building and the scene was crazy. About 40 demons dancing and swinging to the booming voice of a large cow demon on stage. She looked about in her 50s and had long, wavy blonde hair, dark brown skin and dazzling gold eyes. She belted out note after note, her long gown flowing around her. Her voice was deep and hypnotic. To the left of the room was a buffet filled to the brim with food and drinks. Lights flashed and streamed everywhere, making this almost look like a rave.

Because I'm big, blonde and beautiful

Face the fact, the simply irrefutable

No one wants a meal that only offers the least

When girl, we're serving up the whole damn feast

Slice me off a piece of that hog head cheese

Then take a look inside my book of recipes

Now, don't you sniff around for something fluffy and light

We need a man who brings a man-size appetite

Charlie grabbed Olivia's hand and pulled her and Vaggie to the dance floor. Angel, Niffty and James followed, and they danced to the singer's deep voice.

I'll use a pinch of sugar and a dash of spice

I'll let you lick the spoon because it tastes so nice

We'll keep it in a oven 'til it's good and hot

Keep on stirring 'til it hits the spot

Because I'm big, blonde and beautiful

There is nothing 'bout us that's unsuitable

Why sit in the bleachers, timid and afraid

When you all look like the whole parade

Alastor and Husker had made their way to the bar and sat on the stools, ordering their drinks. Husker hunkering close to the bar as if he was hiding from someone. Alastor sipped his whiskey as he glanced at his friends in crowd, dancing away. His eyes couldn't help but drift to Olivia as she laughed brightly.

They say that white has might and thin is in

Well, that's just bull

'Cause ladies, big is back and as for black

It's beautiful

All shapes and sizes, follow me

Who wants a twig when you can climb the whole tree

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Prove it baby, prove

The singer ended her song and thanked the audience for the love as another singer came on the stage and continued. The cow demon walked off the stage towards the back of the barn. Charlie pulled Olivia off the dance floor and took her to the bar. Olivia heard a deep female voice ring out.

"Are those my Happy Hotel lovelies!?"

Charlie ran to the source of the voice, the cow demon. "May-belle!" Charlie jumped up into her arms and gave her a big squeeze which May-Belle returned it in full. This woman was as tall as Angel. May-Belle made her rounds on each one of them, giving them all massive hugs. Even Alastor let her, though he didn't return it and looked a little uncomfortable. Then she turned to Husker.

"There's my favourite boyfriend!"

Husker flinched and turned to May-Belle. He did not look impressed as May-Belle picked him up and spun him. Charlie giggled.

Olivia leaned to Charlie. "Boyfriend?"

"Well, not really. She only does it because she knows it bugs him."

Olivia giggled and nodded. May-Belle then turned to Olivia and James.

Charlie said, "May-Belle, this is James. He's one of our singers and a housekeeper."

James smiled brightly until May-Belle gave him a crushing hug where his spine almost snapped. She then turned to Olivia.

"And who might this beautiful creature be?"

Olivia flushed as Charlie put an arm around Olivia's shoulders.

"This is Olivia. She is our other singer and cook at the Hotel!"

Olivia stepped forward and put a hand out. "It's an honour to meet you."

May-Belle looked at her hand for a moment before she batted it away and picked her up is a breathtaking hug. Olivia grunted a laugh but returned it. When May-Belle put her down, she swayed for a moment as Charlie steadied her.

May-Belle smiled brightly. "It's great to meet you too, Love! Fantastic to see another pretty face grace my barn! Charlie said you're a singer?"

Olivia nodded as May-Belle tapped her chin and grinned mischievously. Then the look was gone as she turned to the group.

"Well, y'all better be exhausted when you leave tonight. Otherwise, I'll know you didn't dance as much! I need to attend to something. I'll catch y'all later!" May-Belle sashayed away as her gown billowed around her. Olivia blinked and smiled.

"She's quite the character." Olivia giggled as Charlie laughed.

"You could say that. Now, lets go dance!!" Charlie pulled Olivia to the dance floor again, while Angel and Niffty followed. Vaggie sat at the bar with Husker and Alastor.

Alastor watched them dance as he sipped his drink. A small smile appeared on his face as he saw Olivia's face light up in laughter until a slow song came on and James approached Olivia. He pulled her close to him and they swayed. Alastor's smile remained but his eyes narrowed. He turned to look away, leaning against the bar when May-Belle returned and stood beside him. Alastor took a sip of his whiskey.

"May-Belle." He greeted her.

May-Belle eyed him sideways and took a sip of her own drink.

"So, Olivia seems like a sweet girl." She said innocently.

"Are planning your match-making game with her this time? Couldn't find anyone for Angel?" Alastor grinned up at her, annoyed.

May-Belle shrugged. "I'm just stating the obvious. She's funny, beautiful and seems accomplished. She could get snatched up by another man any day, I'm sure." She took another swig of her drink.

Alastor continued to stare ahead into the crowd, saying nothing.

May-Belle smiled evilly. "Her and James make a cute couple."

Alastor's eye twitched and turned to the bar.

"Are you finished?"

"Not even close, Lovely." May-Belle walked into the crowd towards Olivia.

Alastor eyed her over his shoulder, watching as she approached the Olivia and James and whispered something into Olivia's ear. He wasn't sure what she said, but it made Olivia frantically shake her head and have a pleading look on her face. Charlie had walked over to them and was nodding at Olivia and pushing her towards the stage. May-Belle looked back at Alastor and grinned before following the girls. May-Belle waited until the song playing was finished before she walked onto the stage. Charlie and Olivia were at the bottom of the stairs, Charlie looking like she was trying to convince Olivia of something as May-Belle tapped the microphone.

"Hello, my Lovelies! Do we have a special treat for y'all tonight? Here to sing one of our favourites. The Happy Hotel's own, Olivia!"

The crowd erupted in applause and screams. Olivia looked nervous as she walked up onto the stage, giving Charlie a glare. She approached the microphone and May-Belle whispered something in her ear again. This time, Olivia looked in the bar's direction and nodded. May-Belle left the stage, and the music started up. It was a blues swing that the crowd danced happily too.

Well sometimes I go out by myself

And I look across the water

And I think of all the things, what you're doing

And in my head I paint a picture

Cos since I've come on home,

Well my body's been a mess

And I've missed your ginger hair

And the way you like to dress

Won't you come on over

Stop making a fool out of me

Why don't you come on over Valerie? Valerie? Valerie? Valerie?

Alastor watched her as Olivia moved around the stage, dancing and spinning. Her voice was beautiful as ever and sounded better in the barn. Her smile was contagious as Alastor's grin widened. She looked at home on that stage.

Did you have to go to jail,

Put your house up on for sale, did you get a good lawyer?

I hope you didn't catch a tan,

I hope you'll find the right man who'll fix it for ya

And are you shoppin' anywhere,

Changed the colour of you hair, are you busy?

And did you have to pay the fine

You were dodging all the time, are you still dizzy?

Cos, Since I've come on home,

Well my body's been a mess

And I've missed your ginger hair

And the way you like to dress

Won't you come on over

Stop making a fool out of me

Why don't you come on over Valerie? Valerie? Valerie? Valerie?

Charlie and Vaggie were dancing together, while May-Belle dragged Husker onto the floor. Husker sent a pleading look to Alastor who just grinned and waved. May-Belle pulled him close, squishing the side of his face into her bosom and swayed with him.

Well sometimes I go out by myself

And I look across the water

And I think of all the things, what you're doing

And in my head I paint a picture

Cos, since I've come on home,

Well my body's been a mess

And I've missed your ginger hair

And the way you like to dress

Won't you come on over

Stop making a fool out of me

Why don't you come on over Valerie? Valerie? Valerie? Valerie? Valerie? oh Valerie? Valerie? Valerie?

As Olivia belted out the last note, the crowd erupted and applauded. She smiled and thanked the audience, bowing and waving. She looked at home on that stage. May-Belle had appeared beside Alastor at that moment, looking between Olivia and himself and sighed with a smile.

"Oh Alastor, you are hopeless."

Alastor turned to her and glared. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean." He walked away towards the entrance.

May-Belle smiled. "Indeed." An idea popped into her head and she got to work.

Songs: Big, Blonde and Beautiful By Queen Latifah
Valerie By Mark Ronson Ft. Amy Whitehouse

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 26 8
Seraphina, a demon overlord who has been in Hell since 1850, is helping her friend Charlie with her "Happy Hotel" when's certain Radio Demon come kno...
24.3K 964 29
Book three for Contracts and Deals. With Angel Dust back in the controlling possession of Valentino, the Radio Demon is left with nothing but guilt...
107K 2.9K 22
"Radio Demon," I say while glaring harshly to the man across from me. "we have a deal." Just when you thought your life couldn't get any worse. You j...
55.2K 1.7K 31
Y/n is a jaded, socially awkward girl with walls up and a past that haunts her. The only one she trusts is the one who took her in, Rosie. What happ...