The Stray and The Radio Demon

By RedDemonica

Olivia Spencer has been running ever since she landed in Hell. From her family, her past and her life, until... More

Ch 1: Arrival
Ch 2: New Beginnings
Ch 3: First Day
Ch 4: Crystal Clear
Ch 5: Two Small Steps Forward, One Giant Leap Back
Ch 6: An Unwelcome Visit
Ch 7: New Crazy Family
Ch 8: Preparation
Ch 9: A Dance Moving Forward
Ch 10: The Unbearable Itch
Ch 11: The Past Creeps
Ch 13: The Wounds of the Past
Ch 14: Reginald Shultz
Ch 15: Formerly Octavia Von Bast
Ch 16: Dancing Closer and Yet Still So Far
Ch 17: A Deal Worth Making
Ch 18: Beignets of Love
Ch 19: A Cold-Hearted Understanding
Ch 20: The Edge of Despair
Ch 21: Revenge of the Damaged
Ch 22: Healing Together
Ch 23: Nightmares and Distractions
Ch 24: Cooking Together
Ch 25: True Colours
Ch 26: First Date
Ch 27: Stress Reliever
Ch 28: Fittings and Mobs and Dogs, Oh My!
Ch 29: The Extermination Masquerade
Ch 30: The Von Bast Estate Expedition
Ch 31: Devestation of the Heart
Ch 32: Road to Recovery and Strength
Ch 33: A First for Two Becoming One
Ch 34: A Home of Their Own
Ch 35: Unnatural Feelings
Ch 36: The Interview
Ch 37: Survival Skills
Ch 38: Dream a Little Dream of Me
Ch 39: New Allies
Ch 40: Bonds Forged and Burned
Ch 41: The End of It All
Ch 42: Light In Your Eyes
Ch 43: Fluttering Relief
Ch 44: Price of Redemption
Ch 45: The Beach Episode Pt 1: Arriving
Ch 46: The Beach Epsiode Pt 2: Vulnerable
Ch 47: The Beach Episode Pt 3: A Walk To Remember
Ch 48: The Beach Episode Pt 4: Shenanigans and Fear
Ch 49: The Beach Episode Pt 5: Revenge At Its Finest
Ch 50: Memory Lane
Ch 51: The Talk He Dreaded
Ch 52: The Rut Pt. 1
Ch 53: The Rut Pt. 2
Ch 54: Vampire's Allure
Editor's note: I'm sorry, but this needs to be done.

Ch 12: Truth or Drink

711 28 0
By RedDemonica

10 months. She had been here for 10 months and it was the greatest time she had ever had. Her new friends made her feel more welcome than her own family had. She had started to bond more with Vaggie as they trained together once a week, testing their fighting skills with each other. James had settled in with the group fairly well. He even backed off a tad from his flirting with her. He was funny, charismatic and sweet, everyone seemed to like him. The only one who was still weary of him was Alastor, but then he was always weary of new employees. Her performances were getting more noticed every month. The number of demons coming to see her perform grew. Charlie was ecstatic about the publicity. Even if they weren't coming to be redeemed, at least the Hotel was popular.

Olivia was at the bar, sipping a Gin and Sin cocktail, when James sat next to her. He ordered a whiskey from Husker and then glanced at Olivia.

"Hey sugar. How's it going today?" He toyed with the toothpick in his mouth and smirked.

"I'm fine, James. Thank you." Olivia took another sip of her drink. She had to admit, he was charming in an annoying way.

"I was thinking..." James started and Olivia raised her head to look at him. "We should have a game ni-"

Olivia quickly covered his mouth. Husker and Olivia both looked horrified as she leaned in close with her hand still on his mouth.

"Do not say those two words. You don't know what you will unleash."

Husker leaned forward. "Unless you wish to die a second time."

James looked very confused. He took Olivia's hand off his mouth and cocked an eyebrow.

"What are you two talking about?"

Olivia looked around before replying. "We have had.... those 'nights' before and they never end well. Except for Alastor."

Husker nodded. "You know his rep. He is competitive. Like, deathly competitive."

James looked between the both of them. "You're serious?"

Olivia and Husker nodded in unison. James sighed.

"All right then, how about something that's not competitive? Just for all of us to get together and get to know each other."

Olivia cocked her head. "What did you have in mind?"

James smirked. "How about a game of truth or drink? Drinking always makes it more fun!"

Husker snorted. "What are we, 12?"

Olivia's brows furrowed. "Isn't it Truth or Dare?"

"Ya, but no one ever wants to do a dare, so I made up a new version. Tell the truth, or you take a shot."

Olivia smiled. "Sounds interesting."

James beamed. "Then lets tell everyone at supper."

Once supper had started, James brought up the plan for the night and everyone agreed.

"That's sound like so much fun!" Charlie bounced in her seat. Vaggie smiled fondly at her and shook her head.

Alastor and Olivia were washing dishes once supper ended. Olivia looked at him.

"Are you really going to play?" She handed him a pot.

He took it and dunked it in the rinsing water. "Why wouldn't I want to play? Sounds entertaining!"

"You just don't seem like the sharing personal information type, or getting drunk type." She smirked at him.

Alastor shrugged and glanced at her. His eyes seemed to bore into her. "And you are?"

"Not really, but James seemed determined for all of us to get to know each other."

"All of us, or just you?" He didn't look at her as he said that.

She stopped washing and glared at him, "What is that supposed to mean??"

Alastor shrugged again, "Oh nothing. He seems very fond of you, that's all."

"Why does it matter if he is?" She scrubbed the pot she held harder.

"So you like the attention?" Alastor's grin widened.

Olivia turned and glared at him. "I don't-" James interrupted her by coming into the kitchen.

"Hey, you guys almost done? We are about to start."

Olivia glanced at him and a forced smile came to her face.

"Ya, we're coming." She stared Alastor down as she untied her apron. She then walked to the hooks and hung it up. She left with James back into the dining area without looking back at Alastor. As they walked to the empty club, James looked down at her.

"Is everything ok?"

Olivia nodded. "Ya, I'm fine."

They reached the door, but before they walked in, James stopped her.

James placed a hand on her shoulder. "Look, I know I can be a flirt but, if you need to talk, I'll listen."

Olivia looked up at him and smiled brightly. "Thank you, James. I really appreciate it."

Olivia placed a hand on his before walking into the room. James smiled and looked behind him. He thought he saw something in the shadows but brushed it off and walked in after Olivia.

Out of the shadows, Alastor manifested. His personal shadow crawled up his back and looked over his shoulder. It growled towards where James had been standing as a heated anger swept through Alastor's chest at the memory of seeing James' hand on Olivia's shoulder. Alastor waved his hand through the shadow, dispersing it and walked forward into the club. Ignoring the feeling, as he always has.

When he entered the room, he saw Charlie and Vaggie on one couch, Angel and Niffty on another, Husker sat in one of the single chairs while Olivia sat in the other. The only spot left was the couch which had James on one side. He felt his shadow shudder, but he walked forward and sat on the couch. Olivia never once glanced his way. He knew he pushed a button he shouldn't have, but he can't help it sometimes. It's in his nature to make chaos, even with his friends.

Charlie scooted forward in her seat. "All right! So who's first?"

James sat forward and poured everyone a shot. "I think the Princess should have the pleasure of the first question. Who is the victim, your highness?"

Charlie glanced around the room and squinted her eyes. "Well, you're the freshest meat, James. So, did you have a significant other in your previous life?"

No one but Alastor noticed the quick glance to Olivia before James smiled and spoke.

"Hmm," he tapped his chin, "Yes, I had a wife. Her name was Ophelia. She was a beauty. Loved me very much, and my four other friends and my brother." He laughed.

Angel snorted, "Women."

James smiled. "Well, I'll keep the ball rolling. Olivia," he glanced her way, and she stiffened. "I know you were a serial killer. So, what was your total death count when you died?"

Everyone looked expectantly at her. She looked around and smiled.

"Do I count myself?"

James' eyebrows rose. "If it was suicide, then yes."

Olivia hummed. "All right, then the number was 26."

Everyone looked shocked, even Alastor was throughly impressed.

"26? Didn't you die in the 50s? You got away with that many?!" Charlie squeaked.

Olivia smirked. "Only one question. My turn." She looked around the room. "Angel?"

Angel perked up and smirked. "Yes, Doll?"

"Angel obviously isn't your real name. What is it?"

Angel contemplated for a moment as Charlie gasped.

"Not even we know." Charlie looked like she hit the jackpot.

Angel rolled his eyes. "All right, fine. My real name is.... Anthony."

Charlie looked like she hit the jackpot. "I like it. It suits you!"

Angel pointed around the room. "No one call me that or your dead, AGAIN!" He whirled back to Olivia. "Is Olivia your real name? Sometimes they sound real, but they aren't."

Olivia hesitated. Should she say? A mischievous gleam made her eyes glow, and she smirked.

"No. It is not my real name." The group looked at Olivia expecting her to continue, but she didn't. They continued on for about three hours. Questions were asked, most answered. Angel was very tipsy. Alastor drank, declining to answer most questions, but he didn't seem drunk at all. It came to the end of the night and they were out of the liquor they brought. It was James who got the last question, and everyone agreed that whoever he asked, had to answer, since they couldn't drink, to make it interesting. He took a few minutes, looking at each one until his gaze landed on Olivia. She stiffened and held her empty glass tighter.

"Olivia, my last question is something I think we all want to know. What," he smirked, "is your full real name?"

Olivia was silent, her eyes wide. Her hands shook as she gripped her empty glass and Charlie took notice.

"Olivia, if you truly don't want to answer, you don't have too.''

Olivia shook her head. "No, I agreed. It's just....." she looked at her hands. "I want nothing to change once you all know."

Everyone looked at each other in question and Alastor narrowed his eyes slightly.

Charlie smiled. "You are Olivia Spencer now, it doesn't matter who you were."

Olivia took in a deep breath. "Charlie, you know the right-hand man to your father?"

Charlie cocked her head, "His name is Oscar Von Bast. They are the second most powerful family here in Hell and are a cat demon family. The patriarch, Paul Von Bast, is a tyrant, living for cruelty and refinery. Why bring them up?"

Olivia looked her in the eyes and said, "Because my real name is Octavia Von Bast."

The silence was deafening as everyone took in this information, even Alastor looked shocked.

Husker was the first to speak up. "Holy fucking shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 20.3K 39
โš ๏ธWARNINGโš ๏ธ: This story was written and published before the first season was fully released! Details and revelations after the pilot episode were no...
26.9K 771 24
The younger sister of Charlie Morningstar, the Youngest daughter of Lucifer and Lilith, Second in line for the throne of Hell who also happens to be...
156K 6.4K 13
๐“‚ƒ๐“ˆ’โŸกใƒปhazbin hotel x reader โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐“๐Ž ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐”๐‘๐„, ๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐€๐‘๐„ ๐๐”๐‘๐„ โ†ช as a desperate attempt to prevent a war be...
127K 3.9K 41
You are the daughter of the once powerful overlord, Husker. The day the Radio Demon showed up, everything changed. After your father lost his soul to...