The Stray and The Radio Demon

By RedDemonica

Olivia Spencer has been running ever since she landed in Hell. From her family, her past and her life, until... More

Ch 1: Arrival
Ch 2: New Beginnings
Ch 3: First Day
Ch 4: Crystal Clear
Ch 5: Two Small Steps Forward, One Giant Leap Back
Ch 6: An Unwelcome Visit
Ch 7: New Crazy Family
Ch 8: Preparation
Ch 10: The Unbearable Itch
Ch 11: The Past Creeps
Ch 12: Truth or Drink
Ch 13: The Wounds of the Past
Ch 14: Reginald Shultz
Ch 15: Formerly Octavia Von Bast
Ch 16: Dancing Closer and Yet Still So Far
Ch 17: A Deal Worth Making
Ch 18: Beignets of Love
Ch 19: A Cold-Hearted Understanding
Ch 20: The Edge of Despair
Ch 21: Revenge of the Damaged
Ch 22: Healing Together
Ch 23: Nightmares and Distractions
Ch 24: Cooking Together
Ch 25: True Colours
Ch 26: First Date
Ch 27: Stress Reliever
Ch 28: Fittings and Mobs and Dogs, Oh My!
Ch 29: The Extermination Masquerade
Ch 30: The Von Bast Estate Expedition
Ch 31: Devestation of the Heart
Ch 32: Road to Recovery and Strength
Ch 33: A First for Two Becoming One
Ch 34: A Home of Their Own
Ch 35: Unnatural Feelings
Ch 36: The Interview
Ch 37: Survival Skills
Ch 38: Dream a Little Dream of Me
Ch 39: New Allies
Ch 40: Bonds Forged and Burned
Ch 41: The End of It All
Ch 42: Light In Your Eyes
Ch 43: Fluttering Relief
Ch 44: Price of Redemption
Ch 45: The Beach Episode Pt 1: Arriving
Ch 46: The Beach Epsiode Pt 2: Vulnerable
Ch 47: The Beach Episode Pt 3: A Walk To Remember
Ch 48: The Beach Episode Pt 4: Shenanigans and Fear
Ch 49: The Beach Episode Pt 5: Revenge At Its Finest
Ch 50: Memory Lane
Ch 51: The Talk He Dreaded
Ch 52: The Rut Pt. 1
Ch 53: The Rut Pt. 2
Ch 54: Vampire's Allure
Editor's note: I'm sorry, but this needs to be done.

Ch 9: A Dance Moving Forward

800 23 0
By RedDemonica

About 50 demons were dancing to their heart's content to Finnigan's booming voice. The music was pumping as he moved around the stage. Olivia sat in the Princess' booth which was at the back of the club. Charlie and Vaggie sat to her left while Alastor sat to her right. Angel was dancing with some demons while Niffty sat at the bar, talking with Husker. Olivia had to admit, as much as he was a creep, Finnigan had an amazing voice and really knew how to work the crowd. Her foot tapped to the beat. They tried to chat over the music when they could, but mostly just sat in silence and listened to the music. Charlie bounced on the bench now and then, with Vaggie giving her amused glances. Olivia eyed Alastor from the corner of her eye. The flashing lights reflected in his red eyes, making them glow. She had to admit; it gave him a look she liked. He glanced her way and she quickly looked away. The music changed and a slow song came on. Charlie grabbed Vaggie's hand and dragged her to the dance floor, pulling her close and wrapping her arms around her waist.

Olivia smiled fondly at them, but she was now left alone with Alastor. She didn't know why it was awkward as they had been alone multiple times, every day, in fact. She guessed it was because when they were alone before, they kept busy cooking. Now, they were alone, sitting there, doing nothing. She looked up at Finnigan, who was staring at her and giving her suggestive motions with his hips as he sand. She grimaced and gagged. She heard Alastor chuckle beside her.

"Not liking your new admirer?" He grinned.

"Ugh. Not in the slightest. I've dealt with men like him in the past, it never ends well for them."

Alastor laughed. "Yes, unfortunately there are many in Hell like him. Men who think they can get what they want whenever they want. Usually, it's best just to dispose of them."

Olivia snorted. "He's definitely one that should be disposed of, permanently." She lifted her drink to her lips. "Slowly and painfully."

"Is that a request?" Alastor lifted an arm to put behind her on the back of the booth, leaning inn close to her.

"Maybe, are you going to deliver?" She turned to him and cocked an eyebrow.

Alastor's smiled widened further. "We will see what the night brings, won't we?"

They both laughed, and the awkwardness left in an instant as the song changed to a more fast-paced beat. Alastor glanced between Olivia and Finnigan.

"Do you want to give him a reason to leave you alone?"

Olivia looked up at him, "Hell yes."

Alastor grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She put her drink on the table as she rose. He led her to the dance floor and walked close to the stage where Finnigan could see them. The beat was fast as Alastor entwined his fingers with both of her hands. He started to dance and Olivia followed his lead.

Hey little girl with the cash to burn

Well, I'm selling something you won't return

Hey little girl, take me off the shelf

'Cause it's hard having fun playing with yourself

Once you browse through the whole selection

Shake those hips in my direction

It had been so long since Olivia had danced. Her face lit up so brightly as Alastor spun her away and then back to him, pulling her flush against him.

Bring it back if she never did see

Take me home and then unwrap me

Shop around with every dollar, I've got to be

The ladies' choice, ladies' choice, the ladies' choice

Hey little girl looking for a sale

And test drive this American male

Test drive this American male

It's gonna take cash to fill my tank

Gonna take cash to fill my tank

So let's crack open your piggy bank

Let's crack open your piggy bank

Alastor placed his hands on Olivia's waist and lifted her high in the air, her legs going above her head and kicking wildly as she squealed in pure joy.

Hey little girl, you're window shopping

I got somethings traffic stopping

Hey little girl on a spending spree

I don't come cheap but the kisses come free

Closer inspection, I'm sure that you'll agree

I'm the ladies' choice, ladies' choice, ladies' choice

Olivia and Alastor stood side by side as they danced, the others making room and cheering them on. The audience clapped in time with the music as they watched the pair be completely synchronized in their movements. Then Alastor grabbed her hand and spun her over and over until he dipped her deeply.

Hey little girl on a spending spree

I don't come cheap but the kisses come free

On closer inspection, I'm sure that you'll agree

Oh, hey little girl, listen to my plea

I come with a lifetime guarantee

One day maybe you will find the baby makes three

It's the ladies' choice, I'm the ladies' choice

The ladies' choice, I'm the ladies' choice

Choice, choice, I'm the ladies' choice

Olivia had completely forgotten about Finnigan and only focused on Alastor. His eyes were beaming with pride and happiness and Olivia couldn't stop smiling and laughing. On the last note, Alastor picked her up by the waist and spun around. When the song ended, Olivia was out of breath, her cheeks were flushed and she had the brightest smile that Alastor had ever seen. A thought went through his head. 'She's beautiful.' They realized they had both been staring. They laughed nervously and backed away a step from each other. Olivia brushed a lock of hair away from her face and glances up at Alastor.

"Thank you. That was wonderful."

Alastor glanced around as another slow song started. "Of course, my dear. Although, if you wanted to stick it to him," he held out his hand, "I think one more dance should really drive in that last nail."

Olivia stared at his hand for a second before smiling. She grabbed it and he pulled her to him. He placed one hand on her waist while she placed her free hand on his shoulder. They swayed to the music, staying about a foot apart and the awkwardness returned tenfold. She glanced over Alastor's shoulder at the stage and saw Finnigan glaring at them. He still sang, but she could tell he was severely pissed. She giggled and Alastor looked down at her.

"I think Finnigan has noticed us."

Alastor chuckled. "Good, maybe now he will keep his ghastly hands to himself, before someone cuts them off."

Olivia laughed as the air lifted slightly around them. She decided to just enjoy this moment. As the song continued, they got closer and closer. The melody was soothing and Alastor's presence matched. When the song ended, Olivia looked up at him. He glanced at down at her and silence deafened her ears. It was interrupted when a crash was heard on stage. They jumped apart, and both looked up to see Finnigan storm off. Olivia saw Charlie run backstage and followed her, Alastor on her heels. She heard Finnigan screaming at Charlie. Screaming things like, "You use teasing whores to tempt me?" and "I will not be made a fool of." and "This place is a fucking joke." Just as Olivia entered the door, Finnigan came through and shoved her back hard. Alastor was right behind her, so he caught Olivia before she fell to the floor. Finnigan didn't even give a glance back as he left the nightclub. Charlie ran to Olivia asking is she was all right. Olivia waved her off and thanked Alastor as he helped her stand.

"What the hell was that?" Olivia brushed off her dress.

"I'm not sure. He was so angry. Something about someone tempting him." Charlie gave Olivia a sideways glance. "But I guess we will never know. The only thing is he still had to perform for another 20 minutes and now he's gone. We have no one to go on." Charlie ran onto the stage and announced that they were going to have a small 10 minute break to the crowd. She returned to them. "What do we do now?"

Without hesitation, Alastor chimed in. "Olivia can sing."

Olivia whipped around and gaped at him. He gave an innocent smile and shrugged.

"He's lying! I can't sing." She said through gritted teeth as she glared at him.

Charlie grabbed her shoulders.

"Olivia." Charlie never looked so serious. "If you can, please finish the performance. We have no one else." Charlie looked into her eyes with such conviction it was hard to say no.

"Please don't make me. I can't- " She cut herself off. She looked to the microphone on stage. What was one performance? It's not like she was the main act every week. An hour couldn't hurt, right? She sighed. "If I must."

Charlie squealed and jumped into the air. She went onstage to make up an excuse why Finnigan couldn't finish the performance and that they had someone else. Olivia's nerves skyrocketed. She turned to Alastor with a menacing look and tapped his chest with a finger.

"You and I will have words after."

He put his hands up in defence with a smug smile. Charlie announced Olivia, and she walked up the stairs. Each step felt like an eternity. As she took the last one onto the stage, the lights blinded her. She couldn't see anyone, so she made herself think there was no one. She looked at Razzle and Dazzle, who were a part of the band and nodded. She looked at the song list and noticed it was one of her favourites. She took a breath and froze for a second, before breathing back out. She took another breath and belted out the first note.

Oh-oh yeah, yeah

Ooh-oh yeah, yeah

I need a tough lover, yeah, yeah, yeah

I need a, a tough lover, ooh

The band started up as she sang, surprised at first by the power of her voice. The audience was silent as well before they started cheering her on.

I need a, a tough lover, yeah, yeah, yeah

A tough lover, oh yeah

When he kisses me, I get that thrill

When he does that wiggle I won't keep still

I wanna a tough lover (yeah, yeah)

A tough lover (ooh)

I need a tough lover (yeah, yeah)

Tough lover (oh, oh)

Olivia felt the music flow through her like never before. She looked at the back of the club and saw her friends at the bar. Charlie and Niffty were bouncing up and down as the danced. Angel and Husker had looks of shock on their faces. It spurned her on.

The seven sisters got nothing on him

I'm talking about a lover who's fast as the wind

Everyone will talk about how he got me fixed

It ain't voodoo, it's just that twist

He will be the greatest lover that ever come to pass

Don Juan ain't got the half the chance

He's a tough lover (yeah, yeah)

A tough lover (ooh)

He's a tough lover (yeah, yeah)

A tough lover (oh, oh)

Hey, hey, hey, yeah

He'll make me laugh, he'll make me cry

He'll be so tough he'll make Venus come alive

He'll do anything that he wants to do

Olivia had forgotten how much she missed this. It felt so natural. She glanced down and saw people dancing to her voice. She danced a little in place as she enjoyed herself more and more.

Step on Jesse James's blue suede shoes, yeah

yeah, yeah

(A tough lover) ooh

A tough lover (yeah, yeah)

A tough lover (hey yeah, yeah, yeah)

(A tough lover)

(A tough lover)

A tough lover (yeah, yeah)

A tough lover (oh, oh)

Olivia belted out the last note and applause erupted from the crowed. She could just barely make out in the back, by the bar, her friends clapping and jumping for joy. Olivia smiled as she caught Alastor's eye. He lifted his drink to her and nodded. Olivia sang five more songs to finish up the night. It was almost 2am when Charlie came onstage with her. She made a huge speech about the Hotel and future plans. The audience applauded and then filtered out. It was quiet when the lights came on and Charlie turned to Olivia.

"That. Was. Incredible!"

Olivia blushed. "Thank you, Charlie, but I wasn't-"

Charlie shook her head. "Are you kidding?! You were amazing!" Charlie pulled her off the stage towards the bar. "Come on. We're getting together with the staff for a last drink together to celebrate the anniversary."

Everyone was hanging around the bar and Husker was pouring shots for everyone. Angel ran up to her and lifted her up in a massive hug.

"Where the hell did that come from, Doll? Where were you hiding that voice!?"

Olivia blushed and shrugged. As she walked to the bar, everyone gave her compliments on her performance, though she didn't look at Alastor as she was still angry at him. Charlie sat on the counter and lifted her shot.

"A toast to a year done. A toast to Olivia for coming to the rescue tonight and a toast to all of you, for this wouldn't have been possible without you."

Vaggie added, "and you Charlie, for bringing us all together."

Charlie beamed and everyone downed their drinks. They chatted away while Alastor strode up beside Olivia. He had a smug look on his face as he hummed the song she first sang when he caught her in the kitchen. She glared up at him and he grinned down at her.

"You were great up there tonight. Did you have fun?" He asked smoothly and unapologetic.

She continued to stare at him before sighing.

"I'm not sure what you deserve more. A punch to the face, or a thank you." She looked up at him with a smile. "I suppose I'll start with the thank you and see where the night takes us."

Alastor laughed. "I hope it does not take us down the path to where I get punched. I like my face the way it it. I apologize for breaking my promise, but I had no choice!" He shrugged dramatically. "Charlie needed you tonight, and good golly, did you deliver!"

Olivia blushed and smiled. "Thank you."

Charlie walked up to Olivia and grasped her hands.

"Olivia, I have an official proposition for you." A pit formed in Olivia's stomach. She had a feeling what it would be. "I would love for you to perform every Saturday night as our main singer. Please, it would mean the world to me."

How the hell did Charlie make her eyes that big and innocent looking? Every fibre in Olivia's body was screaming no, but yes came out of her lips. Everyone cheered and Charlie gave her a hug that almost squeezed the life back into her. Olivia was certain this wouldn't be good, but it was only one night a week. What could go wrong?

Songs: Ladies Choice By Zac Efron
Tough Lover By Christina Aguilera

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.6K 27
What would you do? Play along or run away? Since your parents got divorced, the only thing your mother wants for you is to marry someone who's very r...
49.6K 1.8K 25
(COMPLETED AND BEING HEAVILY EDITED) Angel Dust, one of Hell's number one porn actors. Alastor, one of Hell's most renowned and feared overlords. The...
15.4K 355 14
Lucifer and Alastor met each-other at Charlie's hotel for redemption! Sadly it lend to many problems for the overlord and the KING of hell. But after...
292K 9.7K 35
Landing a rather unexpected stroke of luck by finding you, The Princess of Hell requests your aid for providing entertainment for her new passion pro...