DOORWAYS || MARAUDERS ERA

By MistSorceress

SLOW UPDATES|||| "Fine! Damn the Timeline and dangers! I'm going to spill the beans-" "Spill the Dirigible Pl... More

DOORWAYS
ϟPROLOGUEϟ
ϟ1: LOST DIADEMϟ
ϟ2: THE LIESϟ
ϟ3: CONFRONTATIONSϟ
ϟ4: BATTLE OF HOGWARTSϟ
ϟ5: A WALK THROUGH TIMEϟ
ϟ6: INTO THE PASTϟ
ϟ8: DIRIGIBLE PLUMS AND YOU-KNOW-WHOϟ
ϟ9: MEMORIESϟ
ϟ10: JANUS- GOD OF DOORWAYSϟ
ϟ11: CHANGESϟ
ϟ12: PREPARATIONSϟ
ϟ13: MEETING THE GHOSTS OF THE PASTϟ
ϟ14: INTRODUCTIONSϟ
ϟ15: FIRST DAY AT HOGWARTSϟ
ϟ16: ONE WEEK LATERϟ
ϟ17: NEW FRIENDSHIPSϟ
ϟ18: HALLOWEENϟ
ϟ19: ANIMAGUSϟ
ϟ20: LETTERS (PART I)ϟ
ϟ21: LETTERS (PART II)ϟ
ϟ22: OH MY GODϟ
ϟ23: MISTAKESϟ
ϟ24: GUILTϟ
ϟ25: MIRACLES AND DISASTERSϟ
ϟ26: COLOSSAL MESS (PART I)ϟ
ϟ27: COLOSSAL MESS (PART II)ϟ
ϟ28: SCREW UPSϟ
ϟ29: CONFESSIONϟ
ϟ30: SUMMERϟ
ϟ31: WITH THE POTTERS (PART I)ϟ
ϟ32: WITH THE POTTERS (PART II)ϟ
ϟ33: WITH THE POTTERS (PART III)ϟ
ϟ34: WOES OF THE REDHEADϟ
ϟ35: SURPRISING THE HELL OUT OF THE REDHEADϟ
ϟ36: BACK TO HOGWARTSϟ
ϟ37: A LIL' WORRYING AND A LIL' YOGAϟ
ϟ38: WELL, CRAPϟ
ϟ39: A BABY DEFEATED VOLDEMORT?ϟ
ϟ40: CHAOTIC COMMENTATINGϟ
ϟ41: SALAZAR SLYTHERIN MUST BE SHAKING IN HIS GRAVEϟ
ϟ42: OH, THE IRONYϟ
ϟ43: IDIOMS ARE OVERRATEDϟ
ϟ44: HONEYDUKES IN EXCHANGE FOR MENTIONING MY ABSϟ
ϟ45: IMPERSONATORSϟ
ϟ46: A LITTLE BONDINGϟ
ϟ47: BACK HOMEϟ
ϟ48: ANOTHER SUMMER WITH THE POTTERS (PART I)ϟ
ϟ49: ANOTHER SUMMER WITH THE POTTERS (PART II)ϟ
ϟ50: ANOTHER SUMMER WITH THE POTTERS (PART III)ϟ
ϟ51: ANOTHER SUMMER WITH THE POTTERS (PART IV)ϟ
ϟ52: STARTING TERM FEASTϟ
ϟ53: NIGHT DETOURSϟ
ϟ54: JAR OF PROCRASTINATIONϟ
ϟ55: VISITING CAELUSϟ
ϟ56: HI, I-ϟ
ϟ57: CHAOTIC EXPLANATIONϟ
ϟ58: I'M NOT A HEROϟ
ϟ59: IT LOOKS HIDEOUS ON YOUϟ
ϟ60: RHEA IS JEALOUS OF THE RADIOϟ
ϟ61: PAPER IS MORE PATIENT THAN PEOPLEϟ
ϟ62: MIRANDAϟ
ϟ63: DETENTIONϟ
ϟ64: COMPLICATED RUBBISHϟ
ϟ65: PEIDIWCH A GADAELϟ
ϟ66: NAH, SHE DIDN'Tϟ
ϟ67: ANTONIOϟ
ϟ68: DISCUSSIONSϟ
ϟ69: SLOTHSϟ
ϟ70: WARS JUST GOTTA BE WONϟ
ϟ71: SNOW WARϟ
ϟ72: SLUG CLUBϟ
ϟ73: CHRISTMASϟ
ϟ74: EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWNSϟ
ϟ75: WHEN IT ALL GOES DOWNϟ
ϟ76: BITTER SQUABBLESϟ
ϟ77: FAKE ACCUSATIONSϟ
ϟ78: BITTERSWEETϟ
ϟ79: PILLOW FIGHTS AND MOOD SWINGSϟ
ϟ80: CLOSUREϟ
ϟ81: LETTING GOϟ
ϟ82: BLIBBERING HUMDINGERS & MOON FROGSϟ
ϟ83: "YOU AREN'T A CAMEL, ARE YOU?"ϟ
ϟ84: HOGSMEADE AND MOONY'S B'DAYϟ
ϟ85: QUIDDITCH VICTORIESϟ
ϟ86: GRADUATIONϟ
ϟ87: A NORMAL DAY AT POTTER MANORϟ
ϟ88: SIRIUS FINDS A GIRLFRIENDϟ
ϟ89: FADING THINGSϟ
ϟ90: LILY AND RHEA WANT TO SHARE A CELL IN AZKABANϟ
ϟ91:ORDER OF THE PHOENIXϟ
ϟ92: REGULUS WANTS HERMIONE'S AUTOGRAPHϟ

ϟ7: THE EXPLANATIONϟ

8.6K 339 92
By MistSorceress

An excited eleven year old weaved around the crowd of people rushing to catch the train. She skidded to a halt in front of a wall built in between platform 9 and 10.

"Wait up!" a voice came from the midst of the crowd.

"Rhea Arquette, you will not zoom around like you've had a Fizzing Whizbee!" called out a stern, female voice.

"Let her be, Abrielle. She had waited patiently in the car, after all." A man spoke, amused.

Rhea and her parents, along with Harry, stood in front of the wall.

"Why are we standing here, Mr.Arquette?" asked eleven year old Harry, puzzled.

"You will see," Audric grinned. "A shame your uncle and aunt couldn't witness this—an amusing sight it would have been, don't you think?"

Harry and Rhea laughed, while Abrielle tried to maintain a stern expression, all the while trying to fight off a smile.

"Right," Abrielle said. "Off you go."

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

Luna remained calmly in her seat, while Rhea fidgeted and threw occasional glances at the headmaster. She had given quite a show while choosing her seat in the Headmaster's office, roughly pushing aside Luna, and occupying the other chair. Of course, neither of them knew why she so adamantly wanted the chair not directly facing the Headmaster.

Dumbledore looked closely at the two queer girls. He was quite certain they didn't attend Hogwarts, and yet they seemed a little too familiar with his office...

Clearing his throat, he sat up straight in his chair, and looked directly at the taller girl-Rhea-with his usual piercing stare. He was surprised to see she met his stare unflinchingly, and was even more surprised when he couldn't read any of her thoughts. She is a strong Occlumens, he decided. All the more reason to be weary of her.

The girl seemed to know what he had done, for she smiled grimly. Luna looked between the two of them with an expression of boredom.

"So, " Rhea asked, rather awkwardly. "It's summer for the students now?"

"Yes," Albus stated cheerfully. "It all becomes rather quiet, of course, without the extraordinary tactics of our students."

Another long pause.

"You don't go home for the vacations, then, sir?" Luna asked politely.

"Ah, Hogwarts is home, my dear," the headmaster replied, beaming "I say, do you care for an—"

"Acid Pop?" Rhea guessed. "Of course, sir, I am starving."

Dumbledore wore a mask of shock, before handing out Acid Pops to Luna and Rhea.

"Sir," Rhea started in a muffled tone, mouth full of Acid Pop. "I think it will be easier if you would use the assistance of Veritaserum."

Raising his eyebrows, he looked at the two witches in front of him with mounting respect. Then he reached for his drawer, and drew out a small vial.

"Before that," Luna interrupted, her usually dreamy voice carrying a hard edge. "You should know we are from the future. However tempting it might be, asking us questions about the future may be fatal—for the past, and the future."

"Bad things happen to those who meddle with time," Rhea recited quietly.

Albus hesitated, and then nodded. He would come to that out later.

Rhea and Luna each took 4 drops of Veritaserum. Though only two drops would have sufficed, it was crucial that Dumbledore believed them.

The interrogation was short, and straightforward. He asked the right questions, and their answers were prompt. 

To say Albus Dumbledore was shocked would be a huge understatement. They were from the future—twenty two years, no less—and travelled through time via a door. Which, incidentally, was present in the Room of Requirement. 

Still, he managed to keep an impassive expression, but continued to stare at the two girls, who looked enormously relieved now that they had shared their burden.

"Extraordinary," was all Dumbledore managed to utter. He had been very careful with his questions, asking them what their names were, what year they came from and how they managed to come here.

"Well," he began. "The Room of Requirement?"

"Yes, sir," Rhea said. "The cupboard—I mean, the doorway—it brought us here."

"And now it's destroyed. Burnt to ashes." Luna trilled.

Dumbledore sighed. These were dangerous times. He shuddered to think what would happen to the time travellers if Voldemort heard even a whisper about them. He also knew there was a war in 1997; he hadn't asked them, but their appearances showed that much. Brushing away his musings about what would have happened to him in the near twenty years (Rhea had been emotional when she saw him, so something must have happened), he stood up.

"It would be easier, Miss Arquette and Miss Lovegood , to show me this magnificent room."

"Yes Professor."

***

I need a place to go back from where we came from.

I need a place to find all hidden things.

After walking up and down the corridor three times, the door opened at the last requirement Rhea had made. Dumbledore raised his eyebrows, and stepped aside to let the girls enter first.

It was something Dumbledore had never seen—centuries of hidden things, epitomes of guilty possessions, illegal things, robes and books.

Suddenly he halted and immediately cast shield spells over the three of them.

"There is someone here," Dumbledore stated calmly.

Luna and Rhea looked at each other wearily. Then Luna muttered, pointing at a random direction, "Accio stalker,"

Rhea looked at Luna incredulously, while Dumbledore's eyes twinkled bemusedly.

Nothing happened. There was no 'stalker' zooming towards them, nor a trace of movement.

"Of course," the Headmaster stated apologetically. "I might have been mistaken."

"You're not," Rhea said immediately. "There is someone here"

"Must be a boggart," Luna suggested, though she was trying to convince herself.

Reluctantly Rhea agreed, and signaled to the Headmaster to follow her. She stopped in front of the ashes.

"It's not formed back into the cupboard," Rhea muttered. "It should have. We need to go back. We—"

"The doorway was here?" Dumbledore interrupted. The girls nodded. "And you mentioned the Fiendfyre destroyed the doorway, but didn't spread into this room?"

They nodded again.

Dumbledore fell into silence, looking around thoughtfully. Hesitatingly, he started, "I assume you cannot tell me why you had come to the Room of Requirement in 1997?"

Rhea shook her head sadly. "No, sir. It will destroy the very fabric of the timeline."

Luna, who was humming a tune that sounded suspiciously like Winky, Blinky, Dobby, chirped, "We cannot go back. The doorway is destroyed."

Staring at her in shock, Rhea sputtered, "What do you—Of course we need to go back! We have a task! We need to destroy—"

She stopped abruptly, receiving a curious look from Dumbledore.

"Perhaps we need to take this conversation in my office," Dumbledore suggested.

Nodding tiredly, the two girls and the Headmaster went back to the office. They walked in silence, lost in their thoughts—one was distraught, the other was curious, and the third was planning on how to convey his suspicions to the teenagers.                                                                            

"It seems that," Dumbledore started as they seated themselves in his office again. "there is no possibility of you going back to 1997."

He paused, letting the news sink in. Folding his hands on the table, he looked over his glasses at the two witches. Rhea just looked at him impatiently, while Luna was humming under her breath.

"The year you came from," he continued, cautiously. "is now a part of our future. Your present has now become our future."

Rhea looked confused. "Time Turners don't work that way. I know how they work, I've used them before," she added on Dumbledore's questioning look. "We can travel to the past, but only a few hours at most. And then, we come back to the original time. This doorway ought to have another door that takes us back to 1997."

"Yes, Rhea," Luna said with exaggerated patience. "But it is destroyed now."

Shaking her head stubbornly, she retorted, "No. There might be another one in the Room. We need to check—"

"Which we did a few minutes ago," Albus interjected gently.

Sensing an argument from the Legilimens witch, Dumbledore continued hurriedly, "You see, the doorway exists in every timeline, from the time it was created. Time is not a straight line, Miss Arquette. It is a chain, connecting the past, present and the future."

"Now, the Doorway had two doors, did it not? And you chose the left one," he chose to leave out the little detail as to how they chose the door and continued, "and turned the knob, thus coming to 1975."

"Wait!" Rhea said sharply. "We turned the knob! What if the knob was a time turner? And we twisted it and—"

Dumbledore chuckled, and said, "But Time Turners don't travel back decades," he reminded her.

Comprehension dawned on Rhea's face, and she allowed Dumbledore to continue.

"It is crucial for one to understand, time is not a straight line," he repeated. "The fire burnt the Doorway in 1997, and that is the reason it burnt the Doorway here, in 1975."

"So you mean to say, the fire never followed us here?" Rhea asked. "The reason the Doorway burnt here, was because it connects all timelines?"

"Yes," Dumbledore nodded. "That means, in every year—a year ago, decades ago, and also in the future—the Doorway is destroyed. It was destroyed in 1997, and it is destroyed in every other timeline."

"Why? Why does it work like that?" Luna asked, in slight confusion.

"Because, my dear, the Doorway connects all timelines. If it is destroyed in even one timeline, it is destroyed in the others as well."

There was a long silence, each to her—and his—own thoughts. Finally, Rhea broke the silence.

"So we can't go back?" she whispered, crossing her fingers under the table.

Dumbledore looked at her somberly—the way he had looked at her when Rhea had thought she would die along with Harry.

His silence was enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 1K 48
PG-16 // EVENTUAL SMUT You meet Sirius and Regulus at a family vacation in the Caribbean, but things don't go as planned and you end up losing contac...
19.6K 693 58
[EDITED VERSION ON AO3] (heavily unedited and unformatted, please read on ao3) {Book 1 of the Constellation Series} Carina Elayne Toussaint, the gir...
467K 11.2K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
289K 7.2K 73
𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙰𝚄𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝚅𝙴𝙻 𝚃𝙾 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙾𝙻𝙳𝙴𝙽 𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙾 𝙴𝚁𝙰... COMPLETED HBP-DH2 What happens after an accident involving ancient and po...