Two Strangers #Book 1 *EDITIN...

By Ann-jey

His hot breath against my skin made me snap out of my thoughts, especially when he placed both hands on my ch... More

1. Between You And Me
2. The Obnoxious
3. Stuck In My Mind
4. Humanity
5. Saviour
7. Kidnapped
8. Old "Friends"
9. Mystic Falls
10. Hallucinations
11. Last Fight
12. The Salvatores
13. Forgiveness
14. Returning Back
15. Cheers, Darling
16. Life With The Originals
17. Shadows From The Past
18. Heartbroken
19. Too Late
20. Running From Death
21. Always After You
22. Turn It Off
23. Do You Remember?
24. The Way It Is
25. My Aching Need
26. Sympathetically Apathetic
27. Mind Tricks
28. Goodbye Memories
29. A Gamble Worth The Risk
30. Torture You Until You Break
31. Brother-To-Brother
32. The Mistakes We Made
33. Mother Is Back
34. Destroy Them First
35. Almost
36. Old But Gold
37. The Strength Of A Mikealson
38. All You Need Is A Helping Hand
39. Long Time No See
40. When The Flower Lost Its Innocence: Part 1
42. When The Flower Lost Its Innocence: Part 2
Author

6. Drunk

4.3K 83 28
By Ann-jey

Kol's POV:

I bursted in Klaus room and started searching carefully for any sign of them. I looked under his bed. Nothing. Where the bloody hell could he put them?

Maybe Rebekah knew. Or not. If she knew where the daggers are she would take them, just to make sure she wouldn't end up again in one of the coffins.

But I knew one of them wasn't in New Orleans. It's somewhere else. And I had to find it. I knew exactly how I was going to do this. Besides, that was from the start my whole plan. That night, everything would change.

Davina's POV:

I arrived at the church, panting like a maniac. God, Marcel must have been so worried! I stormed upstairs and into the attic, only to see a very sad and frustrated Marcel sitting on my bed.

“Marcel?” I said and he looked at me with widened eyes.

As soon as he raised his head, his eyes lit up and instantly he shot on his me, pulling me into his warm embrace.

“Where have you been D? I was sick worried.” he said and eventually pulled away.

“I am truly sorry Marcel. I had an accident and..” I stopped.

I pursed my lips. No, I couldn't tell him Kol had looked after me. Marcel believed we had only just met and it should stay that way.

“And...?” he asked.

“Does it really matter?” I sighed. “The only thing that matters is that I am back,” I shook my head and smiled in an attempt to reassure him.

He sighed.

“You are right. I am just happy that you are okay,” he said and smiled back.

“Oh and tonight I am going out," I blurted out with a hesitant smile.

“What? You just returned and you are telling me you will leave again? You want me to have a heart attack?” he asked, trying to restraun hinself from cracking another smile.

Marcel had become something like a father to me. I felt so close to him. So seeing his caring side popping out all of a sudden was certainly heartwarming.

"Heart attack? Theorytically, you don't have a heart Marcel," I laughed slightly. 

Oh believe me Marcel, I don't want to go out tonight.

At this point, I didn't even care if I would look good enough that night. In tge end, I just decided to wear a white strapless dress which reached just above my knees, matching it with a pair of ehite high heels.

"Looks decent enough." I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly, glancing at my reflection in the mirror. Was I really doing this?

To my surprise, a knock on the door was heard, making jump in fright. It was only then that I realised how tensed I was the whole time I was waiting for him to come. Sonething which actually I did not like at all. Nervous much?

When I turned the doorknob, my eyes met those of the Mikealson, those cunning and full of mischief dark orbs. He immediately flashed ne a seductive grin, his gaze trailing all over my body. "Well that's what I call stunning," he winked, causing an upcurve of my mouth.

He held out his hand.

"Shall we go darling?"

I rolled my eyes, taking his hand. "Do I have any other option?" I gave him a fake annoying look, avoiding making eye contact with him.

"Nope." he retorted and led us downstairs and out of the old church.

~ • ~

When we arrived at the bar, I let my eyes dart around for a brief second; some young men were sitting on the barstools, another group of guys were talking loudly and laughing in the far back of the bar while a few other couples relaxed in the booths. My attention was drawn away from the people in there when Kol suddenly led us to the table near the big window. At least I was near the exit, just in case something went wrong.

"So Davina Claire," he cleared his throat, eyeing me warily, "What would you like to drink?"

I stood puzzled for a moment. Well, I wasn't an expert when it came to drinking.

The Mikealson seemed to have seen just right through me, releasing a small chuckle once again.

"I get it. You haven't drunk any kind of alcohol in the past. Don't worry love, I'll decide for you," he winked seductively and glanced at the waitress who, surprisingly enough, seemed to be waiting for us to decide the whole time. When did she come anyway?

The vampire whispered something in her ear and, as the young woman nodded with a smile, she span around and left. But while I was watching her figure walking away, I could easily sense Kol's eyes on me, scanning my expressions carefully. When I turned my head to finally look at him, he did not dare to turn his gaze away; no, in fact, he enjoyed this silent eye-contact battle way more than I thought. I raised my eyebrow suspiciously.

"Will you be staring at me the whole time or  will we do something more practical, like, talk?" I must have sounded more sarcastic than I had intended to but, oh well. Of course, it didn't seem to have bothered him to the slightest, something which managed to annoy me even more.

Instead, the edges of his lips curved up into a smile; he leaned back to his seat, simply shrugging his shoulders. "If you want to talk love, then talk. I am all ears."

Oh so that's how you're going to be, "darling"? I can play along as well.

"Fine. Then answer me this, Kol. Why me?"

My question must have confused him, as his eyebrows suddenly formed a perfect straight line and a wrinkle appeared on his forehead. "What why you?" he repeated.

"I mean, why did you choose me at the ball? Why did you approach me back there? Why did you try to kiss me although you had nothing to earn from that? Why all this Kol? Why are we even here, right now?"

He wiggled his eyebrows, a playful grin replacing the smile from before. "You wanted to go somewhere else then?" he asked, bitting slightly his lip.

I narrowed my eyes. "Just answer, please."

He stood still for a moment, lowering his gaze sceptically. Tgen, he simply sighed, giving up on his efforts-to-be-seductive. "Intuition, Davina. I have a very good intuition."

"... Intuition?" I mouthed, gaping.

"I knew there was something special about you from the moment we met."

"And what about the kiss?" I asked sharply, the anger from before coming back again. Somehow, his answers sounded very enigmatic that moment and they weren't what I was expecting or wanted to hear.

But as he was about to open his mouth to respond, the waitress showed up again, placing our drinks on the table. He lifted his head up, winking at the girl. "Thank you, love."

The waitress gave him a shy smile, trying to hide a bigger one that was about to appear next; it was obvious even to me that she had been magnetised not only by his good looks, but also by that mysterious aura he was always giving off.

This flirt which had just happened before my eyes between that waitress an Kol seemed to fuel my anger even more. Without realising, I found myself snatching my drink and gulping the liquid all in once. Kol, finally teared his hungry eyes away from her and glanced at me, blinking surprised.

"Darling, you are not supposed to drink it so fast."

I ignored him and turned my attention to the waitress. I needed more. "Can you bring me a glass of wine? No, actually, bring me the entire bottle," I blurted, propping my chin in the palm of my right hand. If I wanted to survive the entire night with Kol and stay sane, I would definitely need that relaxing sensation the alcohol was offering me.

At first, the waitress seemed confused, glancing once at Kol and then at me. "Um, I'm sorry, but I don't think-"

Kol's face went cold, expressionless. His hand reached the one of the waitress, making her jump in surprise as she turned to look at him. Abruptly, his pupils expanded and his voice now sounded deeper and more steady. It was a bizarre sight, something which made the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

"Bring her what she asked," he ordered her monotonously, earning a small lifeless nod from the waitress. Then slowly, she turned around and walked away like a robot, her eyes fixed on the bar she was now approaching steadily.

Did he... did he just... use compulsion on her?!

"What the hell? Why did you that?"  I raised my voice, crossing my arms defensively in front of my chest.

"Hm? What thing?" he blinked his dark eyes curiously, tilting his head to the side. Was he serious?

"You compelled her! Why would you do that?"

Kol leaned closer, a fresh wave of his aroma tickling my nostrils, making me feel light-headed; was it his scent that affected me or the alcohol had settled in? His eyes seemed more enticing than they were before as he leaned closer, smiling at me, taunting me. He was definitely a challenge to understand, to predict his next move or his reaction. Like now, for instance. His gaze burned mine, freezing me in place. I felt a weird numbness spreading in my entire body as adrenaling now coursed through it.

And all that, just by looking him in the eyes.

He bit his under lip again, no longer able to hide his smile. For a momemt I could swear I saw his gaze falling upon my lips, but then again, I might have been hallucinating things.

"She seemed... conficted whether she should bring the bottle or not. I just help her decide what was good for her." he replied calmly, clicking his tongue.

"I could handle it on my own, you know. I did not need your compulsion."

"Oh, really?" he sneered, narrowing his eyes. "Then care to tell me why did you want that bottle of wine in the first place? Not that I mind, of course."

"I'm going to need it if I'm staying here with you."

"Ouch." he chuckled.

After a couple of minutes later, the waitress returned and brought the bottle wine. This time Kol didn't evem bother throwing a glimpse at her, disappointing his young fan. The waitress just marched away, going to serve another customer.

And then, a question popped in my head just in time.

"Can I ask you something?"

My attempt to open a conversation pleased him as he nodded. "Go ahead, love."

"When you are talking about your family, you never mention anything about your mother or your father. Only about your siblings.."

He wiggled around in his seat. "Well, that's a long story."

"Unfortunately, we are stuck with each other for the rest of the night. Take your time." he laughed at my sarcastic comment and took a big breath.

"Very well. My mother, Esther, was a very powerful witch, one of the strongest one this world has ever seen. My family and I were living in a small village, enjoying our short human lives. From my siblings, I was the only one who seemed to have inherited my mother's magic and so, I began practising. I assume you know most of my siblings, Davina?

"I guess." I hesitated.

"Well I had four brothers and two sisters. My brothers were Elijah, Klaus, Finn and Henrik. My sisters were Rebekah and Freya. My sister Freya died from a terrible disease." he stopped and took a big breath. "One night, with a full moon, Klaus and Henrik went to see the werewolves as they changed form under the moonlight."

At that point he poured some wine in his empty now glass, exhaling deeply.

"But, one of the werewolves killed my brother, Henrik. Klaus brought his dead body home and you can imagine the devastation my parents went through. Esther was crying all night for her lost child while my father, Mikael, was inside broken too. So my mother decided to do something. Afraid of the loss of another child, she decided to make us something more powerful than humans, faster than light, stronger than rock and beings with an endless life. So she made us the first vampires on earth. The Originals. And that's when I lost my identity as a witch, too."

To my surprise, I found myself completely engulfed in his story.

"And what about your father? He became one of you too?" I asked.

"Yes. Mikael, with his own messed up way, cared about us. But when he found out that Klaus wasn't his child but a bastard, as he would often call him, he went crazy."

"What? Really? Your mother was cheating on your father?"

"Yeah. You see, my brother isn't just an Original vampire. He is a hybrid."

"Marcel had mentioned that before. Half vampire, half werewolf. But is that even possible though?"

I felt dumb when I said that. Well not only the word hybrid was weird in all this mess I had gotten myself into.

"Apparently, yes. But my other siblings and I sided with Klaus. And that's why Mikeal chased after us all in order to kill us."

"Kill you?" I repeated, furrowing my brows. "Well your family sounds kind of-"

"Crazy? Yeah, I know. After all those centuries, I got used to it."

~ • ~

After a few more conversations and a lot of empty glasses later, it was time to call it a night. I was in high spirits by the time we left, drunk and carefree, but unaware of what was about to follow.

Kol's POV:

Of course, I helped the little witch to return safe and sound back to the old church. On the way back, Davina was way more relaxed and laid-back, laughing and stumbling. Just as I expected from an inexperienced drinker.

Oh wait and see, Davina Claire. Wait and see.

"I had sooo much fun tonight," she giggled once we stepped into the attic, stumbling her way through the room. I had caught her just in time before she hit her head, helping her sit on the couch.

"Glad to hear that from you." I replied, earning another warm laughter from her.

"You better be." she snorted, but in an instant, from being bubbly and happy, she turned gloomy and sad, gazing at me shamelessly. "Did you ever have a date with Kathrine?" she suddenly asked.

"Nope," I answered and she pouted.

"You never kissed her?" she asked again, her body now leaning closer to mine.

"I don't remember," I lied and she sighed bitterly.

"That's a pity. Oh is she still alive? Can I meet her?" she asked with a poker face.

"I don't think she is still alive darling."

I looked her in the eyes, her perfect bright ones focused on mine. She giggled again, resting her head on the back of the couch.

"What's that look on your face?" she blurted.

I smirked, my finger forcing her chin to rise again. "Look? What look?"

I couldn't help but look at her pink lips as they had slightly parted, being so kissable and attractive. I smirked even more, now incapable of hiding the excitement. Everything was going according to the plan.

Now the fun begins.

The moment I closed the distance between us her face went straight; she was reacting or trying to push me back, no, in fact she just stood there, utterly confused. When my lips finally reached hers, I felt her body jumping in surprise; she did not seem to realise what was happening at all, not even reacting to the kiss. I placed my other hand on her lower back, pushing her gently toward me.

That's when she finally melted into my arms, her lips moving in sync with mine. I had to admit, I was enjoying this more than I should. After all, that kiss meant absolutely nothing to me. It was neccessary for the plan. So she could trust me.

After a few breathless minutes, I had to pull away, a very disappointed look written all over the girl's face. I moved my hand to her cheek, rubbing it with my thumb.

"You are a good kisser when you're drunk little witch," I spoke and she smiled again, standing on her feet.

"Oh shut up," she giggled again and, as she paced backwards she stumbled on the coffee table behind her and fell down, a big thud echoing in the silent room.

That's when she bursted into laughter even more.

I laughed too, unwillingly.

"Come on love, you have to sleep, it's late." I said and helped her stood up.

"No! Its not late.." she argued and yawned loudly. I laughed again.

I took her in my arms and settled her feminine body on her bed. Placing her heas carefully on the pillow, I sat on the edge of the bed, near her.

"Goodnight, little witch." I whispered in her ear but, as I was about to stand up she grabbed my hand.

"No Kol, I am not tired," she pouted fadely, "I don't want to sleep..."

"Then why you are closing your eyes?" I laughed and she groaned, squeezing my hand.

"Just... stay here for a few minutes more... please..." she murmured in her sleepy state.

"Don't worry love, I won't go anywhere without you."

I doubt she heard the last part. She was already in deep slumber, sleeping soundly as an innocent little angel.

I snickered. Everything was ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 354 33
Second Instalment of The Queen Series. Sequel to WARRIOR QUEEN. At last, Machae found her long-lost partner in crime, Kol Mikaelson, ended her decade...
22.5K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...
70.5K 989 51
This story is about adventure, love, violence, sex, death and betrayal There was a beautiful Princess who lived in a beautiful kingdom with her fathe...
80.7K 1K 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...