DISCONTINUED Ultra Secrets (T...

By chocolate_dimplez

Kash promised Cammie that he would never leave but when the fast paced, gang life he once lived catches up wi... More

Chapter 1 - Hand Cuffs & Coffee Stains
Chapter 2 - Foolish Woman
Chapter 3 - Gender
Chapter 4 - Number 41127
Chapter 5 - Greasers
Chapter 6 - Arm Candy
Chapter 7 - Price After 6
Chapter 8 - Quick Fix
Chapter 9 - Blinded
Chapter 10 - Bad Habits
Chapter 11 - Heir to the Throne
Chapter 12 - Bond
Chapter 13 - In Charge
Chapter 14 - Stairs
Chapter 15 - Thanks to Sally
Chapter 16 - Wild Card
Chapter 17 - If It Counts
Chapter - 18: Making Progress
Chapter 19 - My Love
Chapter 20 - Jujitsu & Jesus
Chapter 21 - Eyes Off
Chapter 22 - The Bonfire
Chapter 23 - An Arm and a Leg
Chapter 25 - Flame
Chapter 26 - Threes
Chapter 27 - Ms. French
Chapter 28 - Cabin
Chapter 29 - Notes
Chapter 30 - Answers and some bad news :(
Update
Chapter 31 - Beef, Marriage, & Money Laundering
Chapter 32: Unlimited Authority
Chapter 33 - Dating The Enemy
Hey There
IM BACK Chapter 34: Background Info to Catch Up! Chapter Next week
Chapter 35: Harris Peterson
The chaper will be up tomorrow at 12
Chapter 36: Truths and Vices Pt. 1
Chapter 37: Truths and Vices Pt. 2
Chapter 38: Transition
Chapter 39: Corona & Cocoa Mix
Chapter 40: Tigertail
Chapter tomorrow
Chapter 41: Freeze Dance
So about this book...

Chapter 24 - Status Quo

8.3K 186 60
By chocolate_dimplez

|Normal|

Kash was beginning to feel a little bit tipsy and knew that this may be the cut off because he needed to drive home. If not, h had told the bartender to call a cab for him. 

Kash saw Price talking to a woman at the bar but she was getting ready to leave. He watched her walk out, forcing a smile even though he felt a little lonely. Price saw Kash and his face burned with embarrassment and resentment. He wish he never picked up with Cammie even after he knew what Kash was about. Price tried to leave the far but Kash got up and grabbed his shoulder.

“You can’t really be that afraid of me,” Kash told him.

Price sighed and turned around, “I don’t want any problems. I’m just heading out,” 

“Stop acting like that, man. If I wanted you dead I would have put a hit out on you already,” Kash told him and persuaded Price to sit at the bar with him.

Price sat there for a while and then said, “Listen. It wasn’t my intention to mess with Cammie. I just thought you guys were over and done with. That’s why I persisted but I-“ Price started to apologize.

‘Why are you apologizing? I thought you guys were just friends,” Kash played with his mind.

Price’s words got caught in his throat, “I mean how I-“ 

Kash cut him off and laughed, “I’m only joking with you. I know that you guys were romantically involved and she told me all about it. I just wanted to see how you would react if I talked to you all of the time,” Kash admitted.

Price sighed with relief and rubbed his head, “I thought you would be kind of mad,” he explained.

“No I’m all good,” Kash nodded slowly, “-I see you’re back to the dating thing and meeting up at bars,”

Price half smiled, “Yeah. My job only allots me enough time to go out to bars and meet people. That’s it,” 

Kash looked at the scene, “But meeting a girl at a bar is low quality. You can only find three types of women here. Girls in their early twenties who just want an older man with money, your age. Women your age who are just as sad as you and have a family already and you have to put up with their annoying kids and then older women who want a young man. I don’t think that is what you want,” Kash told him.

“Damn_. I do feel like it’s like that sometimes,” Price agreed.

“Exactly. You want a good woman so you have to go to the book store or something. Not where I found Cammie, but it’s a start. I wish I would have met her genuinely and not have wrapped her up in all of this,’ Kash regretted.

“Well what is done is done so all you could do now is try to make things right with whatever is going on now,” Price said, “-I mean you are at a bar so things must be crazy,”

“I wouldn’t say it’s crazy. We just have some random arguments and it takes a toll on our relationship and how our kids see us. It’s selfish because we act like how we used to act when it was just us alone,” Kash reflected, “-I just don’t want to slip up and hit her because she drives me to that point and puts her hands on me.”

“Yeah she has that tendency. She is very-“ Price thought, “-verbal. But I guess you gave her that voice. She’s strong but never had to defend herself to the extent you may have put her through so now she says whatever she wants to say. I guess that’s why when she used to talk about you she had her guard up a lot. She would talk about you and all of that bad but she would never allow me to say anything about you, at all. There’s love there man,” Price told him.

Kash sighed, “I guess that is just how we are. When I complain about her to our friends I don’t let them disrespect her. I’m not saying it’s right if we talk about each other but I would never allow someone to talk down on her,”

“Then that’s good but you guys have to work on talking to each other. She is an excellent listener and she’s really smart.” Price complimented.

“It’s just not the lifestyle she’s used to. She’s a conservatist so she is going to rub in my face forever how I messed up the flow of things,” 

“I understand,” Price stood up and reached for Kash’s hands, “I’m looking forward to an invitation for you guys’ wedding,” Price smiled.

Kash shook his hand, “Thanks man. Good luck with these women. Bald guys are supposedly in now so you’re alright,” Kash joked and Price Left.

Before Kash left, Ivan called him, “Long time no talk,” Kash slurred.

“When are you going to give me my car back?’ Ivan asked.

“Chill. You have two others and you are acting like I’m not paying you for it,” Kash told him as he got his keys.

“Iight man. You sound drunk. Don’t drive my shit_,” 

-

Cammie stayed and watched as Rubin and Riley walked into school and she smiled. She headed home and saw that Ivan’s car was still haphazardly parked in front of the house and she rolled her eyes. 

When she finally set foot in the house, she was prepared to complain but Kash was up feeding Leah.

“Mhm, you thought I’d be asleep,” he told her as she looked at his bloodshot eyes. 

“I still can’t believe you drove home drunk. That is unlike you. Are you trying to get yourself killed?” she asked him as she made him get up and decided to feed Leah herself. 

“No. I had to get home and-“ he didn’t really have a reason why.

“Why are you going to the bar anyway? Are you going through some type of crisis?” she asked him.

“Uhg, shut up,” he sucked his teeth and dragged himself upstairs, “-you talk so much.”

“You talk so little,” she didn’t know how to respond.

“See, you just talk to talk. You don’t even have a comeback. That’s why your farts stink,” he closed the room door and Cammie laughed, he was out of it.

“Come on, Leah. Let’s go watch some tv,” Cammie told her after she finished feeding her. She turned on Leah’s educational television shows and set her down on the ground. Leah really liked television and Cammie was hoping she didn’t have another Riley on her hands.

As she sat there, she received a phone call, “Hello?”

“Hi, I’m Regina Brown. Am I speaking with Cammie Fredericks?” she asked.

“Yes,” Cammie responded.

“I was reviewing your application for the Book Critic position at Journey and I want to know if you are available for an interview tomorrow afternoon,”

Cammie was excited, telling Regina that she is available. Out of all the places she applied to, she didn’t hear back yet or it was part time. All she could do was hope that this interview tomorrow went well.

After putting Leah down to take her nap, she sat in the kitchen with the lights off, allowing the natural sun light to enter the house. She picked back up with a book that she started a while ago and stopped because of how boring it became. She started to give it another chance and right in the next chapter the action was back on again. 

Kash woke up, washing off his face in cold water and saw that his eyes were returning to its normal state. He headed downstairs because his stomach actually woke him up and met Cammie quietly taking in an action scene.

“I didn’t mean to tell you to shut up,” Kash said as he reached into the refrigerator to get ice cold grapefruit juice. It was Cammie’s favorite and he liked it as well. The kids hated it so they bought it to discourage their juice drinking. 

Kash poured a glass for the both of them and they sat in the naturally lit kitchen, “I was called in for an interview tomorrow,” Cammie said to him.

“That’s good,” Kash said to her.

“You need to get a job. If they can’t get you for murder, you’ll go down for tax evasion,” Cammie told him.

“The South Pole was my income for a while-“ Kash sighed, “-what could I possibly do?”

“You could have taught art or theater. I wish you would do more with the arts because you’re talented. You don’t even draw anymore,” Cammie sighed.

Kash shrugged.

“How can you give up something that was once your passion like that?” Cammie asked him.

“It was never my passion,” Kash shrugged as he leaned against the counter.

Cammie stood up and gave Kash a hug, “I want to be really proud of you. I want to see you leading a finger painting class with a bunch of second graders or come to a play you directed and be like, that’s my man! The tall, dark one with the suit on. Just like how you cheered me on,” Cammie looked up at him.

“I want to be proud you know?’ she asked.

“I understand. I can’t just drop this even though I want to. If we don’t end it all right then it will follow me everywhere until it takes my life or one of you guys,’ Kash held her face. 

Cammie put her hands over his, “I’m mean sometimes right?” she asked him.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I say a lot of hurtful stuff,” she admitted, “-but I don’t mean it no matter how much it seems I do. I’m just hurt-“ she began.

“So I try to hurt you too,” she finished.

“Why are you still hurt?” he asked her.

Cammie shrugged, “I don’t think any outsider looking in would understand what we been through and that is something that we can’t just forget because it will affect our kids later and one day we have to tell them the truth about the life we once lived. I just don’t want to disappoint them or for them to look at you in a bad way,”

“You worry a lot,” Kash told her.

“I have the right to worry,” she sighed. Kash kissed her on the lips and Cammie knew what he wanted.

“Mother Nature is on duty today,” she told him. 

“Damn_. You can do something else-“ he started.

“My mouth refuses to go anywhere near-“ she started.

“I always have my head between your legs and don’t complain,” Kash pushed her off gently.

“Yeah but you like to do that and I don’t. Besides I do other stuff,” she waved her hands in his face.

“I haven’t gotten that in years, that’s all I’m saying,” Kash reminded her.

Cammie shrugged. Why complain about it now? He could have mentioned that before but they were at a point where trying something new would only be weird and other than what Kash mentioned, they were sexually comfortable. 

-

“You’re sketchier than usual,” Slim said as he let Donatello inside. Slim just messaged Cammie before she headed to her interview, wishing her luck.

“I think I’m getting myself into more trouble,” Donatello scratched his head and went into the kitchen. He opened a can of beer and gulped it all down, “I think I slipped out of it though,”

“What did you do man?” Slim asked.

“If it comes up again, I will tell you but for now I think I buried it,” Donatello nodded and took a couple of more gulps.

“What does this have to do with?” Slim asked. Donatello never mentioned to Slim about the motel incident and who he has been keeping at the motel but it was eating him alive.

“Nothing that serious. If you need to know I will tell you,” Donatello assured him.

Slim wanted to keep asking him questions but he saw that Jacie was calling him and he hasn’t heard from her in a while. He answered quickly, sounding more excited to speak to him than she was.

“Hey. I have been trying to call you,” Slim began to say.

“I know you have and I feel bad that I just ignored you and didn’t end this the right way,” Jacie told him.

“End this?” he asked him.

“Carlito. You are a very wonderful person, well the part of you I do know and I really wanted to be with you but I can’t be dragged into this lifestyle. I’ve been through too much before to just throw all that I have worked for down the drain,” she told him.

“No, no don’t say that,” Slim said as he walked to his room and shut the door, leaving Donatello to sulk and drink can after can.

“Carlito. I don’t want to have to do this but I can’t be involved with you. I barely even know you-so it’s not like I’m losing much,” she tried to sound less harsh.

“Jacie wait. I promise I’ll tell you everything. Just give me another chance,” Slim tried not to beg but he knew that someone great was slipping through his fingertips.

“I know what kind of life you live and I am not being brought into a life of robbery and murder. I have to live for me and the last thing I want to do is go to jail for you,” 

While Slim stayed on the phone with Jacie, Carol Anne and Becky were meeting up for breakfast at Ann’s.

“You and London have been pretty to yourselves lately,” Carol Anne said as she sipped the hot coffee. 

“Yeah, just working out the kinks. We’re at the stage in our relationship where we love and hate each other so it’s touch,” Becky flipped her long blond extensions, “-what about you? Still not giving Travis a chance?”

“Travis and I are no longer a thing. I can’t keep going back to him like a fool. We were in a verbally abusive relationship on both ends,” Carol Anne admitted. 

“True. I heard he was pretty crazy,’ she cut into her waffles.

“He sure was and I had to shake him loose and do me,” Carol Anne said.

“You mean do Cammie?” Becky teased.

“You all need to get over that,” Carol Anne shook her head and sipped her coffee again.

“Alright. Alright. I just can’t believe the gang’s sweetheart and the southern belle hooked up,” Becky said.

Carol Anne ignored her and changed the subject, “How is work?” she asked her.

“It’s alright. I changed my shift from 2 to 9 so I have to go after this,” Becky stretched, “-and my friend from high school is supposed to be meeting up.”

“Aww that’s sweet,” Carol Anne smiled, “-my friends are back home. We talk occasionally.”

“Oh my, a whole bunch of Carol Anne’s,” Becky laughed.

Carol Anne laughed as well for whatever reason, “So I’m guessing you and your friend used to rob people and steal cars?” Carol Anne asked.

“Of course we did. Until she moved away and took up with some guy that she says she doesn’t talk to anymore but I feel like they are messing around,’ Becky shrugged.

“Most likely,” Carol Anne shrugged. 

“She took me to visit her cousin the other night. She doesn’t talk much about him but then again we don’t tell each other much of anything. The last thing I would do is tell her about London because she is a boyfriend snatcher,” Becky told Carol Anne.

“I couldn’t imagine not telling a close friend something, like about your life,” Carol Anne thought.

“Well it’s true. We’re friends but for some reason I don’t trust her. She has always been suspicious and I think she feels the same way about me,” Becky looked straight ahead as she thought,

“That’s no friendship at all,” Carol Anne made a face.

“For real,” she flipped her hair again, “-oh well she is going to leave town anyway. I just needed a break from the gang.”

-

Zoelle stood by the door and looked in at Victor and Gunner talking, “My girl was in the hospital while boss,” Gunner bowed his head.

“But when I send for you that means I expect you to be here,” Victor told him.

“It was an emergency-“ Gunner began.

“Then why didn’t you say something. We have work that needs to be done and you out here taking sick days,’ Victor put his index finger on Gunner’s head.

“I’m sorry, boss,” 

“I know you’re sorry,” Victor’s voice changed and Zoelle looked in shock. Gunner seemed used to it and didn’t budge.

“Now get out of here,” he told him and Gunner left. Victor looked at Zoelle come in and sit where Gunner was sitting.

“No kiss?” he asked.

“He had a family emergency. You couldn’t understand that?” Zoelle asked.

“If you want a personal day, get another job. I’m not with that,” Victor said to her, his eyes appearing to be a little different. 

“You talked to Kash yet?” he asked her.

“I’m not messing with someone’s husband or boyfriend. Whoever he is,” Zoelle rolled her eyes.

“You used to. So just do me one favor. You came all the way here to see me and you won’t help me out?” he reached over and dragged her hand, “-and aren’t you lonely?”

“Actually, I’m good,” Zoelle leaned back and relaxed.

“Oh please, you can do one little thing for me baby. You have to make sure that I stay on top of all of my business,” Victor pleaded with her.

Zoelle pulled her hand away, “I don’t know what is going on with you but you never used to be all about this business before,” Zoelle tried to get him to understand.

“Because this is our life now. The more you move up, the more of your time this consumes,” he explained.

Kash played with Riley’s hair as she lied down on top of his chest. Rubin was on his side as they snuggled up on the couch, “Mommy is going to sign Rubin and I up to play soccer,” Riley said.

“That’s good. I’m going to be at the side like LOOK AT MY BABIES!” Kash teased and they laughed.

Camron walked into the living room with a small pack of animal crackers and shook Riley’s leg, “Riley move over,” he told her.

“Please and thank you,” she said to him.

“Please,” he begged and Kash helped him up. As he did, he spilled all of his crackers and Kash sucked his teeth, 

“I swear you are so clumsy,” Kash said as Camron tried to reach and pick them up, “Just leave it.”

“Cammie all of the guys are meeting up in a few,” he told her.

“No, don’t go,” Rubin begged.

‘I’ll be right back,” Kash told him as he made them get off and he stood up. He had already gotten dressed around 6 so he was ready to go. 

Kash walked upstairs and saw that Cammie was changing Leah’s diaper, “Leah you made a nasty poopie,” Cammie laughed. She was still in her clothes that she went to the interview with.

“Are you still worried?” Kash asked her as he stood by the door.

“A little bit,’ she shrugged her shoulders.

“Cam, you’re going to get the job. They need someone like you, trust me,” Kash told her.

“But I froze for the last half of the interview after they asked me why I stopped working at my last job. I didn’t know what to do,” Cammie shrugged and then picked up the freshly changed Leah.

Kash gave her a kiss on the lips, “I don’t want you to worry. How about this-if you get the job after all of this fretting, you have to cook dinner for the rest of the week. You got too comfortable with me cooking all of the time,” 

Cammie laughed, “Deal,” she told him, “-what time will you be back?”

“Late. Don’t wait up,” Kash told her.

“But what if I need some cheering up?” Cammie asked.

Kash laughed, “I’ll tell them that I have to leave early,”

After Slim’s conversation with Jacie, he wasn’t in the mood for a meeting but he knew he had to go out anyway. Donatello stayed in his condo, even though he drank most of the alcohol around and passed out on the couch. 

Ivan came by because he was going to leave with Slim and Donatello, “You heard from your lady yet?” Ivan asked as Slim opened the door.

“She actually called today. It’s over and done with,” Slim sighed as he put his shoes on.

“I’m sorry man. But I understand why she had to end it. She can’t take all of that,” Ivan had to be honest with him.

“Yeah I know,” Slim said as Ivan looked at Donatello who was still on the couch, “What happened to him?”

“He was drinking but I had to let him because he wouldn’t let me stop him,” Slim said.

“Why has he been going through it like that?” Ivan asked.

“Because his past comes back to bite him in the butt way too often,” Slim started saying, “-it happens to all of us but it hits him the hardest.”

“Is he coming out?” Ivan lifted Donatello’s arm.

“Nah,” Slim said, “-I’ll ask Carol Anne to swing by and check on him because I don’t want him to jump out of the window or something,”

Ivan and Slim headed out, making sure that Carol Anne knew that Donatello wasn’t feeling alright, not mentioning he was going to be beyond drunk. 

“I don’t mind. I let the boys spend a night. I told them any fights I’m coming and whopping them in front of their friends,” she laughed.

“My mom used to do that shit_,” Slim laughed, ”Blaze used to get it worse-“

-

“London if you drink tonight, no one can drive you come and I’m not paying for a cab,” Kash said as he walked to the table with the waiter who seated him.

“I won’t get too drunk. I’m trying not to drink that much anymore,” London said as he ordered a water.

“Where is Don?’ Travis asked.

‘He is not feeling to well so he decided not to come,” Slim said. 

Jason was staying with Travis for a while which means he would be here for meetings until school started back for him. They talked a little about how things were going for them.

“Well Becky and I are trying to be honest with each other. I think things are going pretty good,” London shrugged.

“Yeah I feel the same. Cam and I do argue but we can never stay mad,” Kash shared.

“Y’all have it easy. Carol Anne is the freaking Devil. She is really not trying to start over,” Travis complained.

“I don’t blame her with your crazy ass_” Kash laughed and they all joined in.

Carol Anne opened Slim’s door and saw that Donatello was still on the couch asleep, “Aww Don. If you weren’t so conniving I’d feel bad for you,” she pouted and closed the door in. She walked over to him and rubbed his back, “-you need to come clean about a lot of things.”

“So what’s our next move? We’ve just been paying Victor and feeding into his game. We haven’t been doing much else,” Ivan said.

“Well I think now will be the time to drain his money. And when he gets angry and comes at you guys with his people, be ready because now we’re wasting time doing nothing,” Jason said.

“True. But I definitely think we need to take a trip to New Mexico and get rid of his people. His army is growing,” Travis said.

This conversation continued as Carol Anne sat in the living room and saw Donatello’s body heave. Suddenly he sat up and started choking, like his vomit couldn’t leave his throat. Carol Anne went over and started patting his back, moving Slim’s mat. Donatello finally threw up and started coughing violently.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” he started apologizing. Carol Anne led him to the bathroom and allowed him to finish up. He had no balance and collapsed by the toilet, finishing up. She ended up having to clean up and brought him down to his condo as she did. Afterwards she went back down and saw that he was sprawled off on his bed.

“Wash your face and mouth,” she pulled him up and helped him the best way that she could.

“I am so sorry,” he said again and he kept saying it. Carol Anne couldn’t help him out of the bathroom and they ended up falling.

“I’m sorry-I didn’t think that things would end up going that far,” he slurred.

“What the hell are you talking about?’ she asked him.

“His mother. I can’t just kill someone’s mother like that. What is everyone going to think-monster. That’s what they will think and I don’t want people to see me this way,” he babbled.

“You killed someone’s mother?” she asked him.

Donatello tried to look at her and he grabbed her face, “I don’t want you to hate me or think I am a monster. I have to protect myself-no one did that for me so I was-I was,” he couldn’t complete his sentences.

“What are you saying?” she asked him.

Donatello seemed to be drifting off to sleep and all she could do was drag him to the bed. She couldn’t pick him up to put him on it so she just covered him with the blanket. 

When she was sure that he was asleep, she took his phone and sent any contact that seemed suspicious to her phone and deleted the messages. He wasn’t just babbling, he was saying something that he didn’t want anyone else to know about.

The guys made a decision that they need to get things going because they are slowly fading out. Kash headed out first because he promised that he would come home early to help Cammie “relieve” he stress.

As he started up Ivan’s car, the sounds of the woman screaming haunted him and he shook. He kept heading home, not paying much attention to his surroundings. He was in somewhat of a trance and drove through an intersection, almost hitting a woman crossing.

“Didn’t she see me-“ he started saying but realized who it was.

She walked over to the driver’s window, “When your battery died I gave you a jump and you repay me by almost running me over?” she asked after he lowered the window.

“Hey- last time I saw you, you were in New Mexico,” he laughed nervously.

“I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we met here,” she told him and realized that he was near the prison so she must have been visiting Victor.

Zoelle smiled at him, “I knew you were lying that night and I don’t know what you really came for but that will be your ass_ if I find out.” She warned him.

Kash laughed, “Nothing is going on. Just wanted to see if you were around. You could have been out visiting Victor,” he told her.

“And if I was, what was your plan?” she asked him.

Kash laughed, “I’m not stupid. All you’re doing is getting close to me to get information on what we are doing,” he said. A car behind them beeped and he saw that they were holding up traffic, “-get in.” he told her.

He drove off, turning down another street, “Where am I dropping you?” he asked her.

“Till street hotel,” she said to him and looked him over, “-so how is your wife and kids?”

“Finace and they are just fine-“ he answered her.

“Fiance? You proposed?” she questioned.

“No-but I intend to,” he said to her.

“That’s sweet. I find marriage kind of dull though-“ she twisted her face up.

Kash laughed, “Whatever you are trying won’t work with me,” he told her.

However, Zoelle was persistent and when they pulled up the hotel, she insisted that she had something for him. Kash knew that this could easily turn into something else but he risked it anyway. It could all be a lie but the way she talked enticed him and he followed her to the hotel room.

Slim was finally home and saw that Carol Anne and Donatello weren’t in his condo so he checked at Donatello’s, “Don said something about killing a mother,” she told Slim.

“What do you mean?” Slim asked.

“Said that he was sorry and he doesn’t want to be seen as a monster but he killed someone,” she told him. No matter how much she tried to tell Slim, he insisted that he knew nothing of it.

“Oh come on! You know exactly what he does!” she shouted at him. There was an awkward silence between the two and they stared at each other.

“Slim-,” Carol Anne rolled her lips together because both her and Cammie care deeply about him, “-I don’t want anything to happen to you. Especially something that we could prevent. I just want you to be honest. Who is he talking about?” she asked.

“I don’t know Carol Anne. I promise you,’ he told her.

‘Stop lying!” she shouted at him.

“I’m not,” he told her.

Kash was seated on the chair in the lowly lit hotel room. He was fuming and his fists were balled up. He stared at order receipt for a new computer and security system with Donatello’s name.

“Donatello forgot that him and Victor have similar sources-well actually the same resources and Victor has eyes everywhere,” she told him.

“I’m gonna kill him,” Kash balled up his fists even tighter.

“Don’t do that,” Zoelle went into the kitchen area and came back with two glasses. She brought his glass and hers over to the table, “-Calm down before you do anything crazy.”

Kash drank the water and Zoelle’s eyes widened with excitement as he gulped it down, trying to cool his anger.

“Just let it ride out. Watch him break down. I promise it’ll be worth it,” she smiled at him.

Cammie looked out of the window before she locked up and sighed, “I called your dad but he is not answering,” she told Riley, “-just go to bed.” She told her.

Cammie was shaken because anything could happen and Kash not answering made her uneasy.

Kash would never knowingly ignore her calls but now his muscles were tense and his vision was blurred. Earlier, Zoelle dissolved an ecstasy pill in his glass of water and allowed him to drink it. She had her hands on his bare chest as she rode him slowly and steadily, taking in all of him and the shame.

Guilt filled her heart as she looked at his dark eyes that at least one of his children probably inherited from him. She was a terrible woman and she knew it and she was tampering with a man who wanted to stay committed to his girlfriend. She wanted to say it was his own fault but she would have done this eventually.

Cammie continued to call, leaving Kash teary voicemails and asking for him.

“He left hours ago Cam,” London said.

Cammie cried, “No one knows if he is okay? Did he call?” she asked.

London hated that he had to say no and hearing Cammie cry and worry made him upset, “Please don’t cry. He probably crashed at Slim’s house because he was drinking.”

“What if got into an accident! Why would you guys let him drive? I told him not to do this,” she cried.

“Cam-“

“No London you don’t understand. I can’t lose him right now. Things are supposed to work out,” Cammie cried. 

“Just calm donw. Wait for the morning. It’ll be alright. He probably pulled over to the side to sleep, Cam. Don’t cry,” 

London had to stay on the phone with her all night. She wasn’t crying simply because he didn’t answer. It was Kash who didn’t anwer. He was most likely drunk, driving, has money on his head and will be wiped out if Victor feels necessary. She was home with her four kids who reunited with him months ago and are young. She can’t lose him to this game.

Cammie slept on the couch with Blaze coming to her in her dream.

“I’m going to need you to understand that he wouldn’t hurt you on purpose,” Blaze told her. She could feel his hands on her face and his familiar smell.

“Is he alright?” she asked him.

“He is-things are going to get a little bumpy but you need to be understanding-“ Blaze told her.

“Okay,” she calmed down.

“Okay?” he asked her.

“Okay,”

London was still on the phone with her, not understanding what she meant but allowing her to talk to himself.

Zoelle looked back at Kash, passed out on the bed as she talked to Victor, “I did it. Happy?” she asked him.

“Of course. All you women are good for is messing up someone elses relationship” he told her and she knew it couldn’t be Victor talking.

She hung up on him at once, throwing the phone at the wall, making a whole. She would pay for it, she thought but she couldn’t now because Jason was at home draining every ounce of money they had.

-Don’t have time. Don’t give up on the book, know it is getting boring. I don’t have much time. Next chapter on Wednesday at 8-

_ILY! ILY!_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 156 34
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
Arvonti By CraveeeA

General Fiction

109K 3.3K 61
Arvonti~fucked up kid with a comorbid IED. He was blunt, sarcastic, and remorseless. But if you really stopped to care you'd see he was hurt and had...
20.1K 1.2K 39
[Action 25 on wattpad] [#1 in organized crime on amazon] [The first book in the guarded secrets series] Life can change in a matter of seconds. Sara...
Cocaine White By Mocha*

General Fiction

108K 4.5K 25
**** This is a Co-written book by ParisCarter7 and myself. Of course this book will have it's ups and downs - but only to give you the trilest versio...