Sidekick (Bts x reader)

By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Being the sidekick of your own life and frankly, I don't care. It was incredibly pathetic during High school... More

I'm
Nearing
The
End
Of
My
Fourth
Year
I
Feel
Like
I've
Been
Lacking,
Crying
Too
Many
Tears.
Everyone
Seemed
To
Say
It
Was
So
Great.
But
Did
I
Miss
Out,
Was
It
A
Huge
Mistake?
I
Can't
Help
The
Fact
I
Like
To
Be
Alone.
It
Might
Sound
Kinda
Sad,
But
That's
Just
What
Seem
To
Know.
I
Tend
To
Handle
Things
Usually
By
Myself.
And
I
Can't
Ever
Seem
To
Try
And
Ask for help.

I

3.1K 145 19
By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Jungkook is staring at me with a gaping mouth.
"No wonder you sounded so familiar and that room looks like the very one in all her videos. I am like a huge fan of her work-I mean-your work" he says with dazzling eyes, connecting all the dotes.

He grabbed my hands in the process as he tells me all these things.

"I'm glad you like it" I say with a smile. I feel a lot better now that someone knows.
"You really are so talented. Why aren't you an idol?" He asks but quickly realizes what he says and becomes a mumbling mess.

"I-mean-I-you-" he struggles, retracting his hands from mine but I only smile at him.
"It doesn't look like the most stable job in the world, but you would know best. I'm happy making my videos" I say with a smile.

"But haven't you ever wanted more?" He asks. I think about his question.
"Not really. I'm happy where I am now" I say. I think I'm telling the truth.
Then he looks at me as if he's dying to know something.

"What?" I ask once he started freaking me out.
"Why do you hide your face?" He blurts out, as if that's been on his mind the entire time.
"Self-esteem issues" I admit to myself and to Jungkook.

"You have nothing to feel insecure about" he says with a kind smile. I know he's only saying that to make me feel better.

"Thanks but I don't think words can help me now. I need to fix it myself" I say.
"I will be supporting you all the way" he says with his smile as he squeezes my hands.
"Thanks" I say with a smile.
"But you seem more confident than before. More out of your shell" he says with a soft smile.

"It's been years since high school. I would have hoped that I wouldn't have these problems anymore" I say with a sigh as I lean back on my seat.
"Better late then never" he says. I bite the inside of my cheek and steal a glance at him.

"And you?" I ask.
"And me what?" He asks, still keeping his eyes on me.
"Any 'better late then never' stories? Cause I can't see it" I say with a slight smile. He just looks at me.

"Yeah" he says, looking me dead in the eyes.
"Now I'm curious" I say with a slight smirk.
"Too bad" he says with a cheeky smile.

"Good night" he says quickly before I can weasel the answer out of him.
"You're annoying" I say with a face but leave his room anyway.
"Go to bed for real this time" I tell him as I switch off the lights, closing his door behind me.

A week passes and this guy has been so much trouble. He keeps on wanting to do things, feeling extremely restless in bed. We talk everyday and about the incident which makes me feel a lot better. It was at first embarrassing but when I started talking-I couldn't stop.

He keeps on mentioning my YouTube channel but I didn't pick up the hints he was dropping.
I head to work as usual, but I don't know if it's just my imagination but the atmosphere seems very tense between Yoongi and Namjoon. Did they have a fight? Like a real fight? That would be weird...so probably not.

I still get my iced-coffee every morning but with one huge difference. Jin quit his job.
He felt obligated to tell me the reason of his leave. He said something along the lines of, he already achieved what he wanted, whatever that means. I thought girls were the ones who are more confusing than guys...

Then again, I wouldn't know. I feel like I've been spending all my time with the seven of them, but I'm absolutely loving each minute.

"So, how's it going?" I ask Jungkook as we eat dinner in the dining room. He can finally walk again. Now was the time to ask how much time he still needs.

"I'm fine" I says with a slight tilt of his head, clearly confused.
"And you're stomach?" I ask.
"Oh, um, terrible. Really bad. I might have to stay another week" he says, all shy, not looking at me. I just give him a look. He's been acting pretty suspicious for a few days now.

"What?" He asks once he finally looks at me.
"Show me your gut" I say as I move closer and quickly lift his shirt up before he could protest. It looked completely fine.

"Hey!" He screams as he quickly yanks his shirt back down with a red face.
"You look fine" I say as I sit back down.
"You don't just suddenly lift someone's shirt up! Who would you feel if I did that to you?!" He asks, getting all defensive with a bright red face. I take a moment to think about it.

"...You're right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that" I say, feeling guilty. I wanted to use the excuse that we were friends but I wouldn't like it if he suddenly lifted my shirt.

"I didn't mean it" he says with a softer tone, moving closer to me to comfort me.
"No no. You're right. I won't do it again. Please forgive me" I say looking him in his eyes, feeling guilty. He just looks at me with soft eyes and then releases a sigh.

"...It's fine, really" he says. I take a deep breath. He forgave me. Take the apology. Take the apology. He forgives me. Just take the damn apology.

"...So-honestly-do you feel any better?" I ask again, pushing my guilt deep inside me.
"...Yeah" he says reluctantly.
"You don't have to lie, you know. You can just ask me to stay longer" I give a soft smile. I rather have someone tell it to me straight then lie to me, even if it's not good.

"Really?" He perks up with hopeful eyes.
"Of course. Why would I kick you out?" I ask with a smile. He smiles back at me, but then his face drops.

"But I should probably leave. Work and Seokjin and stuff" he says with a frown. I just tilt my head.
"Well, you're always welcomed here" I say with a smile.

And so, Jungkook finally went back to work, but came over often and spent the night a lot. The rest found out about these sleepovers and would join in on the fun. I remember when they all stayed over after a long night of movies. I somehow managed to fall asleep on Yoongi. The rest were sprawled all over the couches and floor. It was quite a hilarious sight to see once I woke up.

Two or three months passes, I feel like each passing day, I get closer with the seven and reestablish our friendships. I feel a lot better and self-secured. It doesn't mean that I fully stopped second guessing myself and it's a lot easier with people that actually like you.

I was surprised when Yoongi and Namjoon were quitting their jobs and fully focus on BTS. I was upset but I was more excited and happy for them, supporting them all the way. My work has become a lot more social since I've been putting myself out there and actually making friends.

I've been keeping a journal-diary thing to not fall back into my toxic thoughts. I write down all the good things that happened and remind myself to look at it for what it was. Once I did that, I was shocked to see how many people actually liked me.

I did see a lot less of Yoongi and Namjoon but that was only natural. The seven of them were busy with their music thing while I was busy with my own thing, but our Saturdays, and almost Sundays, were reserved for each other. It's sweet that they also still want to stay in contact.

We would watch movies till dawn, a lot of fights have emerged from game night and we would just chill together. It didn't matter where we meet up. It would usually be at Jin's place since we would cook for us. My place was a bit too small for the seven of us so we didn't spend much time in my home.

Sometimes, I would go out with them in smaller groups like one on one or the three or four of us during the week. It's always difficult to go out in public with them so we usually meet up at our homes. It's still a very difficult concept to grasp-that they're actually famous. They were my friends first before they became BTS, but I was a fan, supporting them all the way.

Everything was going smoothly...until something came up. I didn't think much of it when Hoseok invited me for dinner at his place. I was expecting the others to show up with pizza and a night of movies like we usually do.

I showed up at his place and the moment he opens the door, he looked a lot more fancy then what he usually wears on a normal day.
"Hi" he says excitedly but clearly nervous for something.
"Hi?" I say more like a question.

"Did you just now have a concert or something?" I ask, knowing that's not it because it's still pretty early in the evening. Maybe they had a day concert...

"No" he says with a smile.
"Oh" he says making a 'oh' face and then shining brightly.

He quickly leaves and I just stand awkwardly by the door. Then he's back as soon as he left. He comes back with a bouquet of flowers.

"For you" he says with a shining smile as he basically shoves the beautiful arrangement into my hands.

"Thanks" I say with a huge smile. I take a whiff at the flowers and it smells amazing. I look back at him to see the biggest smile possible. He looked adorable.

"What's the occasion?" I ask with a tilt of my head. Instead, he gives me his arm. I hook my arm with his and laugh a little.

"What is this?" I ask between my laugh as he guides me through his home, which I already know the layout of.
He puts a hand up, a smile plastered on his face.
What is this guy up to?

So, with a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the one arm and Hoseok on my other, we enter his dining room to see everything set out with candles, more flowers and a perfect table setting, dinner waiting.

"Is it your birthday?" I ask, confused. Why so much effort? It has to be something important.
"Nope" he says, continuing with his smile as he lets go of my arm and rushes to a chair, pulling it out and waiting for me. I just look at him confused, but play along. I take the seat and set the bouquet down.

"Is it just us today?" I ask, not trying to be rude or anything.
"Yip. Just us today. Thought you could us a peaceful dinner for once" he says with a shining smile. This guy is way too nice to me...

"What's the catch?" I ask getting a bit suspicious.
"Is someone going to jump out and scare me or did you do something funny with the food or..." I name things as I look around the room to catch anything suspicious.

"Nope. Nothing weird like that. Just spoiling you a little" he says, continuing with his shining smile.

"It's not my birthday" I mumble more to myself, trying to figure out what he's trying to do. I look back at him to see his pure face. He wouldn't scare me or prank me. Not him of all people. Maybe Jungkook or Taehyung but not him. I relax a little.

"You could've told me to dress nicer" I say as I lean back into my seat.
"You look beautiful either way" he says with his shining smile. This guy can light up the whole room with only his smile.

"Geez, saying such things with such a handsome face" I say like an old grandma. He sheepishly laughs at me.

The dinner he made was surprisingly good. I didn't think know he knew how to cook. I still remember all the money we wasted on already-made food. We kept conversation like we usually do. It was always super easy to talk with Hoseok. You could never run out of topics even if you wanted to.

After I was pretty full, I start my investigation.
"So...what did I do to deserve all this?" I ask with a smile. I'm grateful but curious.
"Because I'll definitely do it again" I say, transforming my smile into a smirk and drinking the last of my wine.

He bites his lips with a thinking face. He looks like he's deciding on something. I wait patiently for him. He takes a deep breath once he's finally satisfied with his choice.

"(Y/N), since University, you have always seemed so distant. I thought you were just another Heather" he says and I couldn't help but laugh.
"What?" I ask through my laughing. I wasn't popular or beautiful or anything so how on Earth could I even begin to describe myself as a Heather.

"Everyone loved you and-I'm sure you noticed-rumors, about how amazing and perfect you were" he continues and I tried to keep my laugh in, trying to listen what he was trying to say. He really is trying to pull my leg cause that's hilarious.

"I thought that you looked down on people and didn't care about others like all the other popular girls despite all the good things people said about you" he says, looking a bit guilty admitting it.
"But then Taehyung, Jimin and I were asked to preform for the dance class. I can't really remember the reason but we agreed. But I still remember the first time I saw you. You caught me so off guard that I even messed up the last part of my dance" he says with a nostalgic laugh.

"Anyway, from the moment I saw you, I realized that I needed to become your friend. I never thought that I would end up falling for you" he says with a bright smile.

(I do not own the video and picture.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 1.3K 28
[ bts x m/f! reader ] [ pls bear with my terrible writing ] [ cover by - milkmemo ] highest ranks : #106 → boyxgirl #88 → xmalereader #411 → junghose...
217 73 19
-A BTS Oneshot Book ·♫ 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 ♫· ⁠❛ 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠�...
6.6K 119 20
Just a few BTS x Reader one shots💜 Mostly fluff😊 and angst😖 All stories are original please dont copy 🤧 P.S. I don't do smuts😶 I update whenever...
976 75 21
Hey guys it's my first fanfic. It's a love story of y/n and Jin. And other bts members as well. I hope u all will like it.... Cover by @chocochip494