The Girl Who Changes

By ShadowhunterNovak

On the run to protect her foster family she is determined to find out what happened. Ashley Parker is a 17 y... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 26

1 0 0
By ShadowhunterNovak

Emerald manages to bring me back to the moment when Dylan and Ashton attempt to kick me out of the pack. Somehow, she manages to take the memory and project it onto one of the walls.

'It's one of the skills the fae have. The myth about the fair folk being unable to lie was close to the truth. We abhor lying, but we can create visions of the truth. The truth that we know.'

"So, what you're about to show them is what happened? From my point of view?"

'Close, but no. One of the things I can also manage to do is tear myself out of your body and watch from the distance. When I feel like I need to watch what is going to happen from a distance in cases like these, I am able to watch.'

"So this will be from your view?"

Instead of answering she forces a mist like substance out of my mouth. It felt solid to my mouth but flowed like air. It slowly built up against the wall.

The people around me were silent, holding their breath while I choked over the mist falling out of my mouth.

As suddenly as it began, the mist stopped, and I was left sputtering as it formed a solid white wall.

Erik came rushing over to me, not as mesmerised by the mist as the others. He put his arms around me and pat my back, helping me spit out the rest of the mist. These little spurts just evaporated before hitting the floor.

"God dammit, Emerald, warn me next time."

'Sorry, but it needed to be done.'

Shaking my head, I straighten to a standing position, facing the wall of mist that has formed.

"What is this?" Marilyn shrieked, finally jolting out of her paralysis. "She's trying to kill us!"

"Are you kidding, Marilyn? Did you not see her nearly choke to death?" Erik scoffs.

"I'm only trying to show you the truth, apparently Emerald didn't tell me that I would stop breathing." I say, shaking my head.

Before anyone else could speak, the mist changed from an opaque white to an image of the forest. Of the towering pines, crushed pine needles on the ground. The sunlight filtering softly through the trees, creating rays of light to burst through the dark vision. I hadn't been able to appreciate the beauty of the forest, I'd been too busy running or fighting.

The way that Emerald saw the fight was that she was standing behind me to my right, so we were all able to see the Dylan, Ashton was supposedly standing beside me. He was standing in one of the rays, the sun causing Dylan's hair to glow golden, to make his eyes match the green of the trees around us. To show the absolute disgust on his face as he looked at me. At the time, I thought he was disgusted with me, now I'm not so sure.

How he had changed so much in the past two weeks, had it really only been two weeks?

I could feel Erik's grip around my shoulders tighten, he could also see the disgust on Dylan's face. Everyone could, it was so obvious. But Ashton, all you could see was the top of his head, he couldn't meet my eyes that day. He'd changed also. While Dylan got softer and more caring, Ashton got aggressive and confident.

Or it was an act. I could never know with him.

"What are you doing here?" I hear myself ask, that was something I don't ever want to experience again.

"We had a plan. Don't you worry." Dylan said as he began to walk closer to the mist, the disgust being replace with anger

"What do you mean 'we had a plan?'" I asked, my head swinging from one boy to the other.

"You see, I didn't want you to join our pack. I told you it was dangerous. Alpha Duncan didn't believe me. All I need to do is prove to him that you are dangerous. What better way than to provoke you?" His face had flicked from anger to arrogance. He was proud of what he was doing. But, I looked closer, I could see in his eyes, that he wasn't proud. He was upset. His eyes told a different story to his stance.

"Good luck provoking me. I would never harm a living human or wolf. Ashton, let's go." I didn't know by then that he was in on it? Wow, I was naïve.

I saw myself spin around and had made eye contact with Emerald. I could see into my honey gold eyes. You could see the shock on my face as a realised that Ashton wasn't beside me. I'd spun back around, my long brown hair flinging out behind me, and Ashton was standing next to Dylan. His hair glowed bright red in the sun.

"You underestimate how close we are as brothers. He understands the danger you put us in. He is willing to help me save the pack." Dylan stated, no emotion in his voice.

"Save the pack? From me? I think they need saving from you." I stand by that phrase. The way this pack is run, the future Beta's are going to manage to ruin it. "If you want to provoke me into attacking. Go ahead." I continue. Anger had leaked into my voice. Pure anger. I knew why, I was hurting. The only way I could express it was through anger. They were getting what they wanted, only I wouldn't have attacked. I would have ran away. Because that was who I was at the time. I left when things got heated so I wouldn't say anything I'd regret.

"He never said into attacking us. Just to prove you are a danger. You don't have to harm us. Just the surrounds. The pack territory."

"I think this is enough." The Joseph says forcefully. Maybe he forgot that we already know about the link.

"No, keep going." Duncan says, he was staring intently at the scene unfolding in front of us.

"Try me." I heard myself say.

"Ashton, go ahead. Show her what a real wolf is like." Dylan says, waving his hand. Ashton shifted and a split second later there was a flurry of shredded clothes and a dark red wolf standing in front of me, his dark eyes full of fury. "Ashley, meet Drake. Ash's wolf. He doesn't like any sort of danger to the people he loves."

The scene plays on, Drake attempting to goad be into attacking, charging right at me. I look back and think how much of a stupid move that was. You'd think the future Beta of the pack would realise that charging me head on wouldn't get me to attack the forest. Just him.

There was a blur of movement and I was in the tree and Ashton had charged into the base.

"Drake, what are you doing? Maker her break the tree, not you." Dylan yelled. At the time I was so focused on Ashton I couldn't see the pain in Dylan's eyes. It hurt him to do this to me. Yet he didn't stop.

'Forgive him.' Aurora asks.

"I need time. You know that. And for all I know, this isn't 100% accurate. Sorry Emerald, but I don't know."

'I understand but know this is exactly how I saw the event. Not one bit has been made up, if I didn't see it, it would be blurred with the mist.'

So much to think about.

By the time I had looked back to the mist I was gone. Reyna had taken over and I had ran away.

'I stayed behind, I wanted to see what would happen.'

" Ashton, shift back." Dylan asks quietly.

"That didn't go as planned." Ashton says.

"You don't say. Why did you want me to do this anyway? Act like it was all my plan?"

"Because, I was friends with her. You never liked her. She would've believed that you had planned this. Because we were friends before I found out."

"I never liked her? Are you kidding? She was my mate. I hated every moment that I couldn't be with her doesn't mean that I never liked her. I was just hurt that she didn't recognise, and anger got the best of me."

"It doesn't matter now. She's gone. Chances are she won't come back. You can get back with Jessica."

"Some brother you are." Dylan scoffs. The mist fades away, leaving everyone staring at a blank wall.

I turned to look at everyone, Duncan looked concerned, Leo, Hazel and Jasmine look sorry and the Beta's look scared.

"Found out what?" Duncan asks.

"I don't know, that is the first time I've heard that too." 

Little bit longer than my usual chapters. I could've kept going but I wanted motivation for myself to write another chapter quicker. Ya know, could be out soon, but knowing me probably not.

Anyway, interesting? No? I had to figure out some fae powers. Particularly since I'm planning a new book that has got to do with powers... 
However, I am going to finish this one before beginning any new book. Because I am committed. And if i started another my updates would get even more erratic and we do not want that at all. 

Thx for Reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 33.8K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
453K 14.2K 19
Werewolf's aren't real. Everyone knows that. Right? Renegade Silver, 17 years old. Future mate of Alpha, Reno Blade. Badass who takes no shit from a...
1 0 1
A young inventor has more of an adventure than he bargains for. Dylan Fooler was born a hybrid with the power of shapeshifting, he's known around the...
584 111 58
Caleb, a 17-year-old boy, discovers that he is descended from shape-shifting dragons and wolves but is unaware of this fact. He leads a difficult hig...