Fomalhaut [COMPLETED]

By Dellariousx

Every year, 10 people are chosen to create their own soulmate of their choice. Valentina Emerson receives a... More

Welcome Message
00|| Prologue
01|| This Is Fate
02|| At Your Service
03|| What Was That?
04|| Comfort Zone
05|| Dark
06|| Life Is Unfair
7|| I Can Manage
08|| Cross My Heart
9|| I Give You My Word
10|| Am I Missing Something?
12|| Robotic
13|| Programming System
14|| Mission: Find a Hiding Spot
15|| Something Else
16|| Bad Things
17|| Something Big
18|| We Are Going To Help
19|| Long Time No See
20|| Someone By My Side
21|| Got It
22|| Check
23|| Time Is Running
24|| Everything Is Ruined
25|| Not So Bad
26|| No Sense
27|| That's What I'll Do
28|| Over and Over Again
29|| Precautions
30|| Officially Over
31|| The Devil Works Hard
32|| Nothing More
Epilogue

11|| Too Weird

151 11 0
By Dellariousx

I don't know if I should ask them what's wrong or not. Something about the mood tells me that it would be better not to open my mouth right now. I sit down on the sofa and do absolutely nothing while the suffocating silence engulfs us.

"So Alexander, where did you learn to cook?"

He diverts his attention from the television screen to me. I can feel his tightened muscles starting to loosen up which makes me almost release a relieved sigh.

"You only saw me make breakfast so who's to say that I can cook other things?" he responds mockingly. Yazan scoffs from beside me.

"Bullshit," he mutters under his breath. "He's actually capable of cooking anything. When we were still in CYP, cooking was one of the classes they taught us all in case someone especially asked for a good cook. I always saw how the teachers were so mesmerized by his skills that they ended up giving everyone a piece to inspire them. In fact, I would like to have some of his infamous lasagna today," he says as he smiles up innocently at Alexander who looks annoyed.

"Do we even have all the ingredients required for it?"

I shrug.

"Depends on whether you did any grocery shopping recently."

He rolls his eyes before he spreads his palm out.

I look at his palm in confusion before I raise my head to meet his eyes. Eye contact. Something I have been able to maintain a little bit better than before recently.

"I need money."

Of course he does. I know that Michael left me enough money to last me a long, long time but I still don't trust that Alexander wont only spend them on food.

He sees my hesitation and rolls his eyes.

"Unlike you, I'm penniless."

"Then get a job."

"That is something I choose to worry about after I reach my goals."

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Fine, no lasagna for poor Yazan then," he affirms as he raises his arms up in exasperation.

I look at Yazan only to see him looking at me with innocent puppy eyes and huff.

"Fine," I grumble before I grab my wallet and give him some cash that I could find. I'm not going to give him my entire debit card. Who's to know what his limit is?

He doesn't spare us a glance and immediately leaves.

"Thank you," I say to myself knowing that he won't be the one saying it which makes Yazan chortle.

A few minutes later, Alexander comes back home all ready and we barely see him as he busies himself in the kitchen. It doesn't take that long for him to be finished with it and call us all for dinner.

Yazan was right when he said he's capable of cooking anything. I think Alexander's lasagna is officially my favorite food.

I find myself wide awake at 6:30 am in the next morning. I feel tired but no matter how many times I fidget as I try to fall back asleep, it doesn't work. I groggily get up and go to the bathroom to do my morning routine and brush my teeth. I find myself walking lazily towards the kitchen in no time.

"No breakfast for me today?" I pout as I realize that Alexander himself is indulging in some cereal today.

"I didn't feel like cooking anything," he grumbles and I shrug as I prepare me the same breakfast as him. I take my time eating before I notice him staring at me with a strange look on his face. I give him a once over and realize that he's wearing the school uniform and then it hits.

"Oh, we have school today," I shriek as I face towards Alexander who is giving me an 'are you serious' look.

"Good morning."

"Why didn't you remind me? No wonder you're all dressed and ready to head out."

"No, I wore my school uniform to go meet up with my friends," he says sarcastically.

I shrug.

"It happens."

"You idiot. Right now wouldn't even be a good time to meet up with them especially since CYP is onto us. Didn't they call you yesterday to make sure there's nothing wrong with me? We should lay low these coming days," he sighs in hopelessness.

"Oh. I forgot about that."

"How about you just go and get ready instead of sitting here and looking all out of it."

"I'll do just that," I nod and stand up to get to my room.

The walk to school is silent. We can't talk about the most important things since it seems like we are being followed. Alexander doesn't exactly tell me anything but I do notice how he's eyeing a certain person who is in tow with us.

It is so silent between Alexander and I yet the silence is still comforting in a way. But of course, I jinx it since that all soon changes when Alexander decides to open his big mouth and put on his fake Alexander act.

"Hm, I still remember that night when you came back home after you hung out with your friends and were basically running into the house. Seems like you missed me so much," he smirks.

What is he saying? He wasn't even there by the time I arrived home. I send him a glare before answering. "You seem to be mistaken. You weren't eve-" I start but soon stop after seeing the look he's giving me.

It makes me feel as if I almost blurted something bad out. Why did he stop me? I get stuck in my thoughts for a moment before I finally realize why he stopped me from saying that.

If I said that he was not home, it would make it easy for the company to figure out that he's the one who freed Yazan. My truthful words could easily pose some danger to us- especially since we have a person tailing us and trying to catch as many sentences as possible to use against us as evidence.

"I mean- you were with Milo and David and I know how capable they are of ruining pillows because of their so-called pillow fights so I had to come make sure that my precious pillows are all still intact."

He sighs in relief and secretly pats my shoulder then whispers, "You freaked me out for a second there. Good job covering it up."

As we get close to the school, Alexander decides that it would be cool to just grab my bag and hold it himself. I guess he is trying to be a gentleman for show again.

We are walking towards our class when all of a sudden, Alexander stops walking and looks at a certain couple walking infront of us with a surprised look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"..Nothing." He removes his eyes away from the couple and shrugs off whatever he is thinking.

During lunch break, Alexander is lost in thought. Whenever someone asks him something, he asks them to repeat the question because he isn't really listening. He is being weird. Too weird.

The same couple we saw in the morning walk in but this time, the girl barely walks two steps in before heading out of the cafeteria with a concerned look on her face. She is holding her phone and looking at it. Seems like she did not know what to expect from the person calling her. Alexander wastes no time in taking off after her, leaving me gaping at his sudden movement. I don't hesitate in following after him only for me to end up stopping dead in my tracks at what I hear next.

"Yes it is she. Yes, sorry. It won't be repeated. Of course- yeah nothing weird happened. No defects at all. He was home all day yesterday. Alright, thank you CYP."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 1.9K 29
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ...
288K 7.2K 38
"They say all good boys go to heaven but bad boys bring heaven to you " Leading a normal life is boring right? Why don't we add a few bad boys to it...
1.6M 32K 26
***AVAILABLE AS A PAPERBACK ON AMAZON*** Warning: More than half the chapters are taken down due to a copyright agreement with the published Amazon v...
573K 20.7K 29
I think that sometimes the universe likes to play sick jokes on people. Like sometimes you drop the ice cream you've been craving on the floor before...