Sidekick (Bts x reader)

By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Being the sidekick of your own life and frankly, I don't care. It was incredibly pathetic during High school... More

I'm
Nearing
The
End
Of
My
Fourth
Year
I
Feel
Like
I've
Been
Lacking,
Crying
Too
Many
Tears.
Everyone
Seemed
To
Say
It
Was
So
Great.
But
Did
I
Miss
Out,
Was
It
A
Huge
Mistake?
I
Can't
Help
The
Fact
I
Like
To
Be
Alone.
It
Might
Kinda
Sad,
But
That's
Just
What
I
Seem
To
Know.
I
Tend
To
Handle
Things
Usually
By
Myself.
And
I
Can't
Ever
Seem
To
Try
And
Ask for help.

Sound

3.6K 168 98
By FixitFelixxxxxxx

"Just follow me" Jin says from behind.
"Like this?" I ask.
"Yip. You're a natural" he says with a bright smile.

"Jeez, stop acting so lovey-dovey" Yoongi grumbles.
"And stop going behind her the whole time. Just sit down on your place" Yoongi snaps.
"I'm just trying to help her" Jin counters but does as Yoongi says.

"As you said, she's a natural. Can we just play the game" Yoongi says impatiently.
"But this game is so damn confusing. Taehyung, help me out" I whine. He was the closest one sitting near me.

We are currently playing the board games Jin and I fetched.

Jin asked me earlier if I wanted to test if I was asexual. I accepted his help since I didn't know how to test myself but it also made me wonder if he knows what he's doing. He happily said he would help me but I don't have high hopes for 'his help'.

He said he will talk to me once everyone leaves. I don't know what he's going to say but I put that thought at the back of my mind since I actually want to enjoy playing games with my friends.

We are playing this complicated card-board game mixed with a machine. I don't know what to do so I can't even explain it. Jungkook keeps on peeking at my cards, then his own then mine again.

"Stop looking at her cards" Hoseok says, noticing Jungkook's apparent cheating. I wouldn't know. I was getting so frustrated with this game that I was ready to toss my cards and flip the table.

"I floop the pig and then use the lighting thunder to scare away your shnaglarf" Jungkook says as he tosses cards on the table that has nothing to do what he just said and press the button on the machine which I have no idea what it's purpose is supposed to be. He then moves someone else's character to a cave.

"Hey! That's no fair. I was just about to win!" Jimin says with a huge pout. I am pretty sure his character is the furthest from the treasure chest.

"I fold" I say as I toss my cards on the table, giving up.
"That's quite the powerful move" Namjoon says as he shifts a few characters around and dialed a number into the machine, causing it to ring.

"Aren't you going to pick it up?" Namjoon asks as he eyes the machine thing. How on Earth am I supposed to answer this thing without any sign of a phone?

Then Namjoon presses a button and out comes a little sound device. I hold it close to my ear.
"I will find you and I will kill you" the device whispered threateningly in my ear. I frown and furrow my eyebrows, trying to figure out what was happening.

Then a thing pops out of nowhere from the board game.
"Ah man-she won" Jungkook whines as he tosses his cards aggressively onto the table.

"You really are good at this game" Hoseok comments.
"Trust me. I'm not" I tell them dead serious.
"Always so humble" Taehyung says with a smile. I don't think they would believe me if I told them I actually had no idea what was happening.

"Again!" Jimin cheers.
"No" I quickly say.
"I mean-let's play another game. We struggled-I mean-played that game for about an hour now" I say, trying to play it cool.

"Yes! Let's play Monopoly" Taehyung says excitedly.
"No way. That will take forever" Yoongi quickly voices my concerns.

While they were debating-well-fighting, my eyes start wondering around. Jin's home really is big. Do the others also live in big homes?

I look at each piece of furniture and my eyes eventually travel to the walls. His walls are empty. I thought him of all people would have pictures hanging of whoever, mostly himself.

I completely zoned out the rest of the world until I got a fright when they dumped a new game onto the table.

"Where are you staring off to?" Jimin asks with a laugh at my surprise.
"Well, I didn't want to be part of a fight" I sigh out as I lean against the chair. I have no energy for fighting.

I observe the new game which-thank heavens- I know. UNO. Everyone knows how to play UNO.
How wrong I was...

"What do you mean I can't do that!? Don't you people know how to play UNO?!" I start shouting, getting frustrated. They are turning the tables on me, thinking I'm the one in the wrong when I definitely was not.

"She was like this in University too" Taehyung says with a boxy smile, finding my actions hilarious along with the rest of them. The damn traitors...

"This is not how you play UNO. Read the damn instructions. Have you ever read the instructions-no-I didn't think so" I say, not even giving them time to answer. They're just snickering at me as if I was completely out of my mind.

"(Y/N) sweetie, it's ok to admit when you're wrong sometimes" Jin says comfortingly, across the table from me.
"But I'm not wrong. Read the damn instructions! Where's the box?" I say, getting incredibly annoyed that they're not believing me.

I scramble for the box. I scan over the instructions.

"Just read this" I say, shoving the box into their faces so that they could actually understand how the game is meant to be played.

They don't even look at the box.

"I see. Well, let's play a different game" Hoseok says and the whole table agrees. I am gaping at them, finding them incredibly annoying. They're the ones that can't handle the truth...

"I need air" I grumble out as I head to Jin's balcony. I hear snickers behind me. They definitely did that on purpose...

I slide the door closed behind me. Sometimes I can punch their stupid faces and I hope they can't see for a week. Mess up their handsome faces so that they can feel the struggle to be below average.

I would probably get sued if I hurt an idol's face though...

Maybe I should hurt them where fans can't see. Maybe in the gut?

"Mind if I join?" I hear as the sliding door opens.
"No way" I grumble, still fuming. They can't even give me a minute.

"Why not? I'll definitely turn that frown upside down" Hoseok says, being all jumpy just like before.
I breathe in and out.

"Because you people don't know how to play UNO. It is the easiest game in the world yet you managed to turn it upside down" I say dramatically.
"You're still such a drama queen" he simply says with a smile, completely ignoring what I just said. I could strangle him right there and then.

"And you still ignore me" I deadpan as I cross my arms.
"Never. I listen to every word you say" he says with a shining smile.

"Oh really?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.
"Yip" he says brightly.
"Then what did I just say?" I ask.
"That we don't know how to play UNO and that it's the easiest game in the world but we managed to turn it upside down" he repeats.
"Jeez..." I say in defeat.

"We decided that we should play a game you know" he says, trying to cheer me up. I was about to scream at him again that I know how to play UNO but drop the whole thing instead. I breathe in and out, calming myself a little. I let go of UNO. It wasn't a fight I was going to win. I see that now...

We play games for the rest of the day. I basically rode on the tailcoats of whoever was closest because I barely knew any of the games.

30 Seconds was interesting. I discovered that Jimin, Hoseok and Jin was absolutely terrible at that game and it was hilarious to watch them struggle. Namjoon was too good at the game...

It sucked to be his partner at one point because I felt like a complete idiot. I felt better when I played with Hoseok because he would accidentally blurt out the given words.

"Don't lose it this time" Jimin says as we exchange phone numbers.
"And you better text me otherwise I will punish you" Taehyung says with a huge grin as Jimin hands over my phone for him to type in.

"Jeez, you could've just sent her your numbers from someone" Yoongi grumbles as my phone is being passed on to Hoseok.
"No way. She would save us by something boring with just our names" Hoseok says with a huge grin as he types into my phone.

"What's wrong with your names? I can then easily identify who I'm talking to" I say but they ignore me. Hoseok passes my phone to Jungkook's open hand.

"It better not be something weird because I will change it" I say warningly as Jungkook types in whatever.
"You better not ignore me again" Jungkook says warningly as he gives back my phone.
I take a look at all the names they saved them under as.

"Geez, who's 'I purple you'?" I ask with an eye roll.
"That would be me" Taehyung says smugly. It might be my imagination but the atmosphere seems like one of a battle, but every time I look up, only to see them with tense smiles, just staring at each other. I brush it off as I go through the other names.

"What does that even mean?" I ask Taehyung. He was about to answer with a boxy smile.
"It's better not to find out" Namjoon cuts in. I move on, not really caring. It doesn't really matter. I was just curious.

"'You're hope' is probably Hoseok, right?" I ask.
"Yip" he pipes up with a bright smile that even the sun would be jealous of.

"'Meme King' is probably Jungkook" I say with a sigh. He proudly puffs up his chest as if we was winning something.
"You got it" he says happily.

"So that just leaves Jimin. Cool, now I know who everyone is" I say and Jimin seems a little dejected. Did I really have to read out his name? All their names are stupid anyway. Jimin saved himself as 'Papa Mochi', whatever the hell that means.

I just put in brackets their real names with the names they put in. Yoongi was the only normal contact in my phone besides Mom. I put a sleepy emoji next to his name, just to make it more colourful.

"Jin, can we just stay the night? I'm way to tired to go home" Taehyung whines.
"You legit live in this building" Jin says with a sigh. Well now I know.

"But it's so much more homy here than at my place" he whines further.
"No way. It's much later than what I intended. Go home" he says as he basically kicks us out.

"I'll see you guys again" I say as I'm the first to stand and gather my things.
"Not you. We still need to talk, remember?" Jin says seriously.

"Talk about what?" Hoseok asks with a tilt of his head. He definitely became cuter since University.

"That's none of your business" Jin says as he crosses his arms.
"It's definitely our business" Namjoon says, standing up to Jin.

This was a weird sight to see. Namjoon was the one containing Jin the whole day, smartly smoothing out the situation, but now he was actually standing up to him.

I quickly jump in to diffuse the situation.
"I don't mind telling them. He's only going to help me find out if I'm asexual" I say and the room is silent. It suddenly got serious for some reason. I didn't think it was such a big deal...

"...But...You're not" Jimin speaks up first. Taehyung and Hoseok slowly nods.
Namjoon wanted to say something but then closed his mouth and opened it again just to close it again. It seems like he doesn't know what to say.

"...Well, I don't know and Jin said he would help test it" I say, full of uncertainty. I feel like I'm being placed under a spotlight. I don't like it...I feel incredibly small...

"How do you even test that?" Taehyung asks as he turns to Jin. He doesn't say anything.

"Don't you see? He was planning on kissing her" Namjoon says. All eyes turn back to Jin.
I don't think it's true. If he was going to kiss me, he would've done it when we were fetching the games...

He doesn't say anything.
I shrink even further. Didn't Yoongi kiss me just the other day? Wouldn't I have known by then?

"What I don't understand is why you invited us all when you clearly want to be alone with her" Namjoon says. He is as observant as always.
Jin still doesn't say anything...

"Seokjin" Namjoon says with a bit more force.

"Fine! I just wanted you all to know and recognize this person-"

"Because she's mine."

(I do not own the video.)

(This one kind of took a turn then what I initially wanted but I'm satisfied.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 123 20
Just a few BTS x Reader one shotsπŸ’œ Mostly fluff😊 and angstπŸ˜– All stories are original please dont copy 🀧 P.S. I don't do smuts😢 I update whenever...
997 90 21
Hey guys it's my first fanfic. It's a love story of y/n and Jin. And other bts members as well. I hope u all will like it.... Cover by @chocochip494
16.5K 513 9
Wanna piss off your annoying ex? Date someone else, someone better. If anything, fake a relationship. It might be childish, but who knows how it'll e...
743K 26.6K 43
One girl Seven hybrids What could go wrong? Also thank you for the book cover! Credits to @taegularities- Β©2019Randomgirl300