The Vampire Cross

By lovetohaveadventure

Highest ranking: #1 Family matters #1 love crazy Cassius Bryers is a typical high school student who just wa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
Extra #1
Extra #2

29

15 1 0
By lovetohaveadventure

"Skylar!!!" Cassius cried out. There were tears streaming down his cheeks as he was still getting support from Jessica to hold him up. There were teachers and nurses around Skylar, and they put her on top of the medical bed, and now some were attending to help Cassius, but Cassius did not want to leave Skylar. He didn't understand his feelings; he was supposed to hate her, never again acknowledge her presence; he was supposed to be happy. She stuck at him, and yet he could feel the overwhelming pain in his heart watching his childhood friend do the unthinkable.

  "Cassius, you need to calm down." The nurse by him said.

  "No, Skylar!"Cassius said again. He was trying to fight himself free to be by the Skylar's side, but the teachers were blocking his view.

   Lilith saw the commotion and ran by Cassius's side. She saw how he called out to Skylar. Also, what was once not only his childhood friend but his ex. The tears were massive and dripping down fast; he was screaming and not calming down even though his face was pale and blood was running down his arm.

   Lilith pushed the nurse aside, not caring, and placed both hands on Cassius' face forcing him to look into her eyes. "Cassius, honey, please look at me."She said sternly but gently.

    It took a second, but Cassius recognize the eyes he was looking at, and suddenly his body started to calm down, but the tears didn't stop. "H-honey, S-Skylar just.."

   Lilith smiled sympathetically. " I know, but your injured, and you need to relax. Please, for me." Cassius looked at her a second longer, and he calmed down even more. The crowd was surprised how the president was able to calm down a student. It was quiet, but then there were side conversations as they were witnessing everything.

      Cassius felt the world spinning more, and he couldn't help it, and his eyes closed, and Lilith caught him and rested his head on the pillow of the medical bed. The nurses looked at Lilith and thanked her as they transported both of the beds to the nearest hospital.

   Lilith wanted to be with Cassius, but she knew she still had to stay here.

   "Was it me, or did that Cassius fellow smell like a human?" someone said.

   Lilith felt the hairs of her back go up and now all of the students and teachers looked at each other.

  "A human?" The teacher said.

  "I smelled it too.

"So did I."

"I thought it was just me."

  The groups were filled with talk, and Lilith knew it was officially a disaster. What on earth could she have said to turn this around when the smell of human blood was so prominent. Lilith smelled it too, and there were a lot of werewolves and other monsters that feed on human blood and flesh.

   The groups started to agree, and more monsters began to come, and before Lilith knew it, the place was getting more surrounded, and Lilith knew she needed help, and she took out her phone and called a number.

    Victoria placed a cold cloth on Cassius' head and made sure his blanket was just touching his chin. She looked and saw the pale complexion of his skin and how the monster doctors could smell he was human, and she had to send him in the human world. She sighed; she didn't expect things like this, to go wrong so far. She had questions, but she knew she had to wait for Cassius to wake up.

    Victoria couldn't help but look at that IV fluid that was in his skin as his arm was sutured. The cut looked six inches long, but it was a deep one. The doctors said it was lucky it wasn't wiped clean off; however, his arm would never be the same. Not because of the amount of blood loss but because of many vessels that were broken.

    At this point and time, Victoria wished that he was a vampire or a monster so he would be able to recover faster. But that wasn't what she should be thinking, trying to make him be born into something he couldn't control; it was already enough he had pandora as a burden. Pandora, the word echoed in her head, and she looked at his cross. It was all because of her; Victoria glared at the red crystal and reached out towards it, but just before she could, Cassius opened his eyes slowly, and Victoria quickly retracted her hand.

   "M-mom?" Cassius said sleepily.

   "Cassius, your awake. I feel so relieved now." Victoria said and bent down to hug him then sat up again.

   "Mom, where am I?"

   "You at the hospital, you lost a lot of blood due to Skylar, and I had to rush you to the hospital in the human world. Most monsters officially know that you are human."

   "They do?" Cassius was quiet, then everything that happened came back, and his eyes started to tear again, but he wiped them with his left arm carefully. "I don't understand why I feel like this. Why are these tears for Skylar when I should be hating her? Maybe...maybe it's because deep down I know that she is dead and that it's my fault she did that."

   "Cassius." Victoria placed a gentle hand on his left hand. "It's not your fault for Skylar's decision. And I"m a bit hurt you didn't tell me she was attending your school."

   "I'm sorry, but I didn't want to cause you trouble, and we had to move to a new school or a different area. The last time didn't go so well for me."

    Victoria took a deep breath. "I know, and I'm sorry too. For putting you through all of this. But once you know the truth, you'll understand."

    Cassius started to feel sleepy again. Victoria noticed this. "Go to sleep, it's okay I will be right here. I promise." Cassius didn't hesitate ad he closed his eyes, believing his mother.

   Cassius woke up once again, and he sat up from his bed slowly. He could feel the pain of his right arm and wince. He noticed he was in his room, and it seemed like the sun was barely coming out. He got up and walked slowly towards the kitchen. He didn't know why, but he felt incredibly hungry, and he fixed up cereal with one hand. He thought he could barely move his right hands as it was hard to move the middle fingers more than the others. It took him a while, but once he did, he sat down on the table. The pain still fresh in his mind. He ate the cereal fast and stood up, trying to find a tylenol. Cassius didn't realize how much noise he was making until his mom walked into the kitchen.

   "Cassius, how do you feel?" Victoria said.

   "I'm in so much pain right now," Cassius said.

    "Right the medication. You ate, right?"

   "Yes, I did."

Victoria got the white bag on top of the microwave and opened up the medication and placed a pill on Cassius's hand, and gave him a glass of water. Cassius swallowed the pill, no problem hoping the effects of the medicine would quickly go into his system. Cassius sat back down and continued to pour in more cereal.

   "Cassius, it's 5;40am. Did you have a good sleep?"

   "Yes, I did." Cassius then looked around the house and realized he was in the same place as he was in the human world. The one he was in before he went into the monster realm. He was speechless because he just felt so accomplished; his body naturally navigates to the kitchen like second nature; he didn't need to think twice. "Where in the human world."

   "Yes, we are. We can't necessarily go back to the monster world, seeing as everyone knows your human. Hopefully, they are cleaning the blood that got dropped on the floor. But, of course, we're still going to have to go back to the monster realm for the trail."

   Cassius looked down. "Right the trail."

  Remember what I said. No matter what, I will use my powers to stop you from going there. My life will be at risk.

"Pandora," Cassius said, outside his brows crashing together. "Why didn't you help me when I was in trouble. I was bleeding to death. or you couldn't at least checked up on me. Why do you have to be so selfish?"

  Victoria knew he was talking, and she got up to give them some space.

   I don't have to answer to you. You're only my vessel and nothing more. Do you honestly think I have time to take care of lower beings than myself? It's enough torture. I have to be here.

"No pandora, this is ridiculous. My friend died in front of me; everyone knows I'm human now. The least you could do is ask if I'm okay."

  You want me to ask about your feelings. Who the hell do you think I am your maid or your friend. Well, I'm not. I'm a sinner, horrid creature. If anything." Cassius could feel her grin. "Tell me more about how much in pain you are. Oh, how it touches my soul with so much pleasure. I just can't help but get consumed by the weak's helplessness.

   Cassius felt shivers all over his body. She was sick in the head, and what was more disturbing is that she lived inside of him. He wanted her out, and he wanted her out now. If she were in front of him, he would be terrified of her. She reminded him of a kidnapper who would torture others. Cassius then felt a pain on his leg, and he screamed out in pain. It was Pandora's doing, and he could hear her breathe taking in his pain.

    "Cassius!" Victoria ran by his side and was in front of her. "Are you wounds reopening?"

   "Not its...Pandora. She's causing me pain." Cassius forced the words out, his eyes filled with anguish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 557 49
Baze, the first known vampire witch hybrid, is trying to navigate her abilities. It can be hard navigating her abilities when she is overwhelmed with...
7K 456 13
It had been a hundred and twenty-five years since the world changed irrevocably. Since the vampires took over, since humanity was enslaved. You'd nev...
580K 31.9K 67
❝Human by Day and Wolf by Night.❞ But what would you do if you saw one in broad daylight? - * - Abigail wasn't prepared to hear that she and h...
13.5K 400 59
"You are mine and only MINE. So learn that, live that, love that" "I am your protector, understand? The only place you'll be safe is with me,in my ar...