Sidekick (Bts x reader)

By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Being the sidekick of your own life and frankly, I don't care. It was incredibly pathetic during High school... More

I'm
Nearing
The
End
Of
My
Fourth
Year
I
Feel
Like
I've
Been
Lacking,
Crying
Too
Many
Tears.
Everyone
Seemed
To
Say
It
Was
So
Great.
But
Did
I
Miss
Out,
Was
It
A
Huge
Mistake?
I
Can't
Help
The
Fact
I
Like
Be
Alone.
It
Might
Sound
Kinda
Sad,
But
That's
Just
What
I
Seem
To
Know.
I
Tend
To
Handle
Things
Usually
By
Myself.
And
I
Can't
Ever
Seem
To
Try
And
Ask for help.

To

3.3K 170 11
By FixitFelixxxxxxx

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to come face to face with...

...Yoongi.

His eyes went wide the moment I turned around.
"Shit" he said under his breath.

"You shouldn't cuss in front of your fans" I say in a hushed breath.
"Shit shit shit" he says to the floor.

"I didn't know you were part of a group" I say with shining eyes. He looks back at me with pure panic on his face.
"Come with me" he mumbles out and speed walks to one of the security guards. He says something to them and they open the door.

I catch up to him as I follow him out the door and the door shuts again. He walks down the hall, into a room with no one inside. There were mirrors, chairs and clothing. I assume this is their changing room or hair and makeup.

He closes the door and the questions start.
"Why are you here?" He asks the floor.
"Funny story, I actually know Jin and he invited me" I say sheepishly. He slowly looks at me.

"Wait. You're the person Jin invited" Yoongi asks slowly.
"That's what I just said" I say, confused. Yoongi sinks into one of the seats and sink his head into his hand.

"This is bad. This is bad. This is bad" Yoongi mumbles.
"Shouldn't you be talking to your fans?" I ask, actually concerned. These people didn't pay a bucket load of money for him to walk out.
He snaps his head towards me.

"No, you were my last one" he says, calming down.

I sit down next to him.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him, a little hurt. I thought we were friends. Didn't they trust me?

"It's...complicated" he says, trying to find the words. We sit in silence as Yoongi tries to comprehend the situation.

"...Can I ask you something?" I ask, breaking the silence.
"Shoot" he says with a sigh.
"Why are you still working at the company when you are clearly doing good enough in your group?" I ask, actually curious. I stare at him with seriousness.

"Oh, um...it's-um. Can I answer you another time?" He asks. I see him pleading in his eyes.
"Sure" I grit out. We sit a little longer in silence.

"Are you going to tell me anything?" I ask getting annoyed.

He doesn't give me an answer. My heart breaks a piece.

"Well, whenever you get your shit together, let me know" I say as I stand up, getting really angry. Does he really not trust me?!
I open the door with a vicious swing.
"Bye" my voice broke and I left.

I ask someone for the exit. They can see my fury and sadness so they quickly give me an answer, not bothering to inquire why I was there. I quickly see myself and took a deep breath once the cold air hit my face.

Not again...
Not this again...
I can't let this get to me every time...
When will I learn my lesson?

First with Jennie and now Yoongi. Will Namjoon give me the same treatment? Am I really not friends with the two...

I guess I was wrong...

This is what I get for opening my heart again.

I text Jin with blurry eyes that I was outside. No one was around so I had time to gather myself before he appeared. My despair was replaced with fury when Jin FINALLY showed up. I was kicking the concrete wall when Jin appeared.

"What are you doing?" He asks while laughing. I immediately stop and turn my attention to him with a serious look on my face. He stopped laughing real quick.

"Don't you see!? I'm kicking this wall" I say and turn my attention back to the wall. He rushes to my side.

"What happened?" He asks, grabbing my shoulders to face him.
"I-I-he-I don't think" I stammer out. Jin was fully concentrated on what I was trying to say.

He then pulled me into a tight hug. My arms hung loose by my sides as he directed my head to his shoulder in his hug. We stand like that for a little until I calmed down and slowly hugged him back. We stayed like that until I spoke.

"Thanks" I let out into his shoulder.
He pulls back and observes my face.
"It's getting pretty cold. Let's grab a drink and you can tell me all about what happened" he says with a soft smile. I nod, feeling a lot better already.

"So, how long have you been a group?" I ask.
"I think about seven years now" Jin says, thinking carefully about his answer. That's a long time...

"And you're super popular" I admire him.
"I suppose so" he says shyly.
"Now's not the time to get shy. You're Seokjin for Pete's sake" I encourage him with fire in my eyes.

"But all that mask and avoiding people stuff makes a lot of sense now. I thought they were just socially awkward with people, you know, shy, anxious" I say.
"They?" He asks.

"Oh yeah, I still need to tell you. I actually know Namjoon and Yoongi. I work with them" I say. His eyes grow wide. It seemed like a million things rushed into his mind at once.

"You're the (Y/N)?" He asks.
"What do you mean the (Y/N)?" I say with a slight laugh. He quickly comes back to reality.

"N-never mind. Was that the reason why you were upset?" He asks, looking concerned.
"Not exactly. I don't mind if they keep a few stuff from me. I can live with that but Yoongi doesn't want to explain himself. He doesn't want to answer my questions. He kept a whole part of his life a secret and he doesn't want to tell me anything...I thought we were friends. Doesn't friends trust each other?" I ask.

"Give him some time. We both know he's a bit hard to deal with when it comes with friendships" Jin says with a sigh.
"...You're right. I'm sure he'll come around" I say, feeling better.

"But I should stop sulking. The concert was amazing and your music is amazing" I say, shaking away what I felt.

Why am I sulking? I just had an awesome time by a concert preformed by my friends.

"Including my solo right?" He asks smugly.
"Especially your solo" I say with a smile. Same old Jin.

"It was a huge shocker but you belong on stage" I say.
"But you could've told me about the whole concert thing-the performer thing even" I say.

"I wanted it to be a surprise and it never really came up-you know-the performing thing" he says, taking another sip.
"I suppose so but why don't you quit your job at the cafe?" I ask the same question that I asked Yoongi earlier.

"Who else is going to make your iced-coffee?" Jin asks with a chuckle.
"Uh, the next guy employed there" I deadpan.
"It wouldn't be the same and you know it" he says with a playful smirk.

"What's the real reason?" I ask, leaning forward.
"As I said" he says with an amused smile as he leans back into his seat.

"It still boggles my mind that you didn't know about us. We are currently dominating the charts. Do you really not listen to music?" He asks with a tilt of his head.
"It's not that. I just don't keep up with news or trends. It legit changes every two seconds. I'm good" I explain.

"But still, you listen to music, you must know of us" he still insists.
"I don't know what to tell you" I say with a slight laugh. He's quite insistent.

"But can I search you guys up?" I ask with shining eyes.
"You don't need my permission" he says with a slight chuckle.
"But you may" he says, turning smug.
"Nice..."

After dinner, sponsored by Jin, we take a walk to find an ice-cream place-stand-anything.

"But sometimes I have no clue what the others are thinking-"
I gasp dramatically once Jin brought up the rest of BTS.

"Oh my gosh! I completely forgot to tell you" I say with wide eyes. Jin was panicking.
"What? What is it?" He asks incredibly worried.
"It's going to blow your mind" I say.
"Just tell me" he says with the same worried tone.
"I actually know the whole of BTS" I say. Jin freezes.

"What?" He breathes out.
"I know right? Mind blowing. Such a small world" I say as I shake my head. He grabs me by both shoulders and stare at me for a bit. Then he starts shaking me.
"That's it!? I thought you were going to tell me you had cancer or something!" He screams at me.

"Sorry sorry. I should've told you differently" I apologize, still being shaken.
He stops and takes a deep breath.

"You had me damn worried..." I was about to comfort him until he jumped back up, making me jump back in surprise.

"You're lying" he starts.
"That's a bit harsh" I mutter.
"You can't possibly know all of them. Maybe you confused them with someone else" Jin explains.

"Maybe but I'm pretty sure I know them" I try again.
"Let's say I believe you, from where do you know them from, besides Yoongi and Namjoon.  Did you run into them at a mall or maybe saw someone at a library?" He asks. I roll my eyes.

"You're probably not going to believe me but I know Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok from University" I start but he quickly cuts in.

"I don't think they said they went to University. What would they study anyways?" Jin asks.
"They studied dance" I simply answer.
"I'll ask them. Sorry, carry on" he says.

"Right, and then I know Jungkook from High School. He looks so much different now but I recognize his face" I say and Jin cuts in again.
"Impossible. I saw a few photos from when Jungkook was in High School. I did not see you at all" Jin explains.

"You don't have to believe me. I just wanted to tell you so that you wouldn't say I didn't tell you. But hey, you might be right. I might be confusing them with someone else" I say, understanding where he's coming from. The odds of knowing all of them is near to impossible.

"I'm not saying I don't believe you. It's just-well, you know" he says stiffly.
"Yeah. You might be right" I say with a shrug.
"But let's go find that ice-cream" he says with a comforting smile, hand on my shoulder. I nod and we carry on walking.

At the end of the night, we go our separate ways with a stubborn Jin. He wanted to walk me back to my place but I completely denied. He will get home a lot later and I would feel incredibly bad if he lost sleep because of me.

I enjoyed the night though. It was a huge shock.

Only when I tried to fall sleep, I realized that Jin was possibly right. I lost contact with my friends a long time ago. They might look a lot different now. There was no way it was them. It was impossible...right?

...But just in case, I'll search them up. It will be fantastic if it was them. I could reconnect with my old friends. If they remember me that is.

So the next day, I woke up extra early to do a bit of research before heading off to work. I see pictures, old and new, and I can't help but think that they were once my friends. While I was at it, I admired, and laughed, at most of the pictures. Such beautiful people that it's just starting to get unfair.

I decide that it's time to leave so I grab my iced-coffee with the same smile, same greeting from Jin. I don't think many people know of this place because I'm pretty sure this place would be flooded if they knew an idol was working here.

Usually, I only see mom's chatting away, old couples and very few teenagers that I assume don't know about BTS, but stares at Jin anyway. Jin works the morning shift so he anyway doesn't encounter teenagers since they are still in school. Well, supposed to be in school.

I get to work and I immediately feel a pinch in my heart, remembering what happened with Yoongi. I try to push those thoughts away and put on a bigger smile as I make my way to my office, getting greetings from people on the way.

I am so glad I saw Namjoon first. He seemed like he was waiting for someone as he was pacing up and down in front of my door.

"Morning" I say. He glances up at me.
"Good morning. Can I talk with you please?" He asks while I unlock my office door.

"Sure" I say with a bright smile. This gives me a great opportunity to talk to him about yesterday.
"So, Yoongi told me something crazy yesterday. What were you doing yesterday?" He asks, trying to play it cool but ultimately gets to the point.
"I actually went to your concert" I say with a shining smile.

(I do not own the video.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217 73 19
-A BTS Oneshot Book ·♫ 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 ♫· ⁠❛ 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠�...
78.6K 1.3K 28
[ bts x m/f! reader ] [ pls bear with my terrible writing ] [ cover by - milkmemo ] highest ranks : #106 → boyxgirl #88 → xmalereader #411 → junghose...
1.6K 66 23
Suga/ Yoongi Fan Fiction that's is told in the POV of Y/N You like this boy who's goes to your school and you are pretty sure he doesn't. There somet...
15.9K 492 9
Wanna piss off your annoying ex? Date someone else, someone better. If anything, fake a relationship. It might be childish, but who knows how it'll e...