Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy...

By Staceeeeers

Roxanne Taylor (Born 16th October 1951) is Roger Taylor's cousin. The two of them have always been close desp... More

cast list + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight**
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty four.five**
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three**
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy.five
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight**
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen
one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

one hundred and nine

1.1K 70 63
By Staceeeeers

why has it taken me so long to watch The Pacific? joe and rami were incredible in it -they all were, let's be honest- and i stg i cried my eyes out

++|++

Turns out, Jellybean is a girl cat. Not only that, she was now a mother to four adorable kittens.
A week before Live Aid, there was a truly horrendous thunderstorm and Roxy was woken up by Michael shaking her shoulder.

"Mummy," he whispers, trying to keep his voice quiet so he doesn't wake John, "Mummy, wake up!"

"Hm?" its a flash of lightning that truly wakes her and she sighs, running a hand over her face, "What's going on?"

"Jellybean is at the door," he tells her, practically bouncing on his feet.

"What?"

"Jellybean," he stresses, grabbing hold of her arm to try and pull her from the bed, "He's meowing at the door!"

In her sleepy state, she lets him pull her up and she takes a quick glance at John, who's still somehow sleeping through the storm.

"Alright, alright," she yawns, almost falling down the stairs with the rate that he's pulling and he doesn't stop until they get to the door where, from the other side, she can now just hear the meowing cat.

How on earth did he hear that over the thunder?

"Open the door, mummy!" Mikey begs, "Please!"

As soon as she pulls it open enough for the cat to fit through, he does and takes off into the living room.

You may have already guessed this but as things stood, John and the other kids still didn't know about Jellybean - there was just never really a good time to tell him considering he was busy working with the band on the set for Live Aid.

"The tent must have fallen," Michael says, snapping her out of her trance and seeing that he's about to step out onto the porch, out into the rain, she quickly wraps her arms around his torso and lifts him back inside.

"I don't think so, kiddo."

He doesn't mind though and leaves her to lock up again while he goes to find Jellybean.

She finds the two of them in the living room - Michael's sat on the couch yawning while the cat is exploring; crawling under the couch and sniffing at the artificial flowers that are on the coffee table and with a glance at the clock, Roxanne sees that it's just gone two in the morning, "Mikey, back to bed, kiddo."

"But-"

"No buts," she says softly, ruffling his hair, "I know you're tired."

"What about Jellybean?"

"I will stay with him until he settles."

"You promise?" he asks as the cat darts by them.

"I promise," she kisses his cheek, "Now off you go."

He reluctantly heads back upstair and as she said, Roxy goes looking for Jellybean, finding him sat outside the door to John's music room.

"You can't go in there, buddy." she whispers, scratching down his back and he replies with a loud meow and he even goes as far as to start scratching, "Alright, fine."

Roxanne loves this room; all of the singles, records that the band have recorded and released, they're all in here, hung up proudly on the walls along with pictures of the band on their travels. There's a piano and a couple of John's guitars in the corner. It's where he comes when he has any ideas for songs or music - if he could, he'd write the day away in here. Sometimes, when the kids are at school and Robert's playing, Roxy will come in here with a book and stick on a record. It's one of her favourite rooms in the house.

And it seems that Jellybean likes it too because he immediately goes under John's desk and curls up.

"There we go," she whispers, "You gonna sleep under there?"

This time, she gets a purr and the cat stretches out.

She decides to get him a blanket. Just so he's a little more comfortable and so she rummages around in the cupboard at the top of the stairs, digging right to the back so she can find one that's a little bit older but still soft.

By the time she got back, she was expecting to see the cat sleeping but that's not what she came back to at all. No, beside Jellybean, was a tiny ball of white fluff wriggling around next to him...her.

"Oh my god," she whispers, "Holy shit, you're a girl cat? You never told me that!"

How the hell did she not notice this? Well, she'd never really seen a pregnant cat before...she didn't even look it! He-she was so small!

"Oh god, there's another one," she breathes, slowly backing away, "You're having kittens, Jellybean. Holy shit..."

She takes the stairs two at a time, almost crashing into the bedroom.

"John," she shakes his shoulder, "John, wake up. John!"

Like it had with her, the lightning wakes him, "Rox?"

"I need you to help me."

"What?" he mumbles but she's gone, "Rox, what's goin-Roxanne? Shit," He practically falls out of bed, "Roxanne, what's wrong? Are the kids alright? Fuck, has the house been struck by-talk to me, love!" He stops when he reaches the bottom of the stairs, seeing her stood at the door to his music room, "Rox?"

"I just want to say before we go in, alright, that I meant tot ell you but then I forgot," she rests her hands on his chest, "Please don't get mad."

"Get mad?" he repeats, "Oh christ, have the kids got in and broken something?"

"No," she says quickly, "No, not at all, John."

"Then tell me, Rox," he pleads, "What's going on?"

"Mikey found a cat the other day. Well, technically the cat found him but that's why he was taking the cold meat. Anyway, he's been sleeping in the play tent but tonight, he was meowing to get in and so Michael woke me. He went in your music room but it turns out that he's a she and she's having kittens under your desk."

He stares at her, "What?"

"Jellybean is having kittens under your desk."

With that, she steps inside the room and John sleepily follows.

What kind of name is Jellybean for a cat?

With that, she goes into the room and John sleepily follows. She's crouched down by his desk scratching the head of who he assumes is Jellybean and he sits down beside her.

"She's had another," Roxy whispers, "There was only the white one when I left."

"She looks like she knows what she's doing," John replies, keeping his voice quiet as the cat looks at him.

"Yeah,"

He looks at Roxanne and sees that the hand that isn't petting the cat, "Why do you look so freaked. Rox, you've had five kids."

"I know," she nods, "But this is different. How does she know what to do?"

"Instinct," he kisses her forehead, "Just like you knew what to do when we first had Arthur."

Roxanne scoffs, scooting back so she's is against the wall, "Now that's not true."

He moves to sit beside her, "Are you planning on staying down here all night?"

She nods, "Just in case she needs help, y'know?"

"Alright then," he smiles, kissing her softly before getting comfortable, "Then I'll stay too."

++|++

Jellybean's last kitten was born at four-thirty and like she'd said, Roxanne stayed with them all night. She made John go to bed since he had a rehearsal in the morning and after that, she got some water and some shredded chicken for mummy cat. John had gotten her a blanket and once she got herself a cushion from the couch, she settled down on the floor by the desk and fell asleep too.

It was no surprise that Michael was the first of the kids up the next morning, thundering down the stairs and Roxanne hears him searching for his cat and it isn't long until he skids into the room.

"Mum?" he asks when he spots her sitting on the music room's floor, "Mum, where's Jellybean?"

"She's right here, kiddo." she smiles, stretching her arms.

He falls down onto the floor beside her and peers under the desk, a quiet gasp leaving his mouth when he notices that she's not alone, "She's a girl cat?"

"She is," Roxy nods, hearing another of the kids start making their way down, "I think it's time to let your brothers and sister meet Jellybean, don't you think?"

He nods, scrambling up from the floor and rushing out the door and she hears him yelling for his siblings to come downstairs and it's not long until it sounds like a heard of elephants coming down the stairs.

"Don't run!" she hears John shouting from the bathroom.

One by one, they all file into the room and Isla plonks herself down on her mum's lap.

"Kittens!" Theo cheers and then his brow furrows adorably, "When did we get a cat?"

Isla reaches out a hand but Roxanne gently catches hold of her wrist.

"No, no. They're still a bit too small to be pet, lovie."

Pouting, she rests her head back against her shoulder as Arthur speaks up.

"Are we keeping them?"

Roxy catches John's eye when he leans across the doorframe, seeing him already shaking his head, "I don't know, you'll have to ask your father."

She grins as they all crowd round him, tugging on his shirt and trousers as they beg for him to let them keep them.

Let's see him say no to all five of them.

++|++

surprise update with a little bit of chaos within the deacon household

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 4.9K 94
When social services show up on Freddie Mercury's doorstep with some pretty big news. Follow him and his daughter Amelia on a journey filled with the...
126K 2.3K 37
A book of all my Queen Imagines (both the band and the bo-rhap cast) Series featured in this book so far are: False Truths : Roger Taylor x Reader Y...
4.3K 133 11
Y/n lives in a house while she studies in London. Unfortunately her economy isn't good most of the time... that means she either has to sell the hous...
43.2K 209 5
A bunch of imagines about the one and only, Roger Meddows Taylor. You can picture Ben!Roger if you prefer; it's all up to you! Enjoy, Queenies! We ne...