one hundred and nine

why has it taken me so long to watch The Pacific? joe and rami were incredible in it -they all were, let's be honest- and i stg i cried my eyes out

++|++

Turns out, Jellybean is a girl cat. Not only that, she was now a mother to four adorable kittens.
A week before Live Aid, there was a truly horrendous thunderstorm and Roxy was woken up by Michael shaking her shoulder.

"Mummy," he whispers, trying to keep his voice quiet so he doesn't wake John, "Mummy, wake up!"

"Hm?" its a flash of lightning that truly wakes her and she sighs, running a hand over her face, "What's going on?"

"Jellybean is at the door," he tells her, practically bouncing on his feet.

"What?"

"Jellybean," he stresses, grabbing hold of her arm to try and pull her from the bed, "He's meowing at the door!"

In her sleepy state, she lets him pull her up and she takes a quick glance at John, who's still somehow sleeping through the storm.

"Alright, alright," she yawns, almost falling down the stairs with the rate that he's pulling and he doesn't stop until they get to the door where, from the other side, she can now just hear the meowing cat.

How on earth did he hear that over the thunder?

"Open the door, mummy!" Mikey begs, "Please!"

As soon as she pulls it open enough for the cat to fit through, he does and takes off into the living room.

You may have already guessed this but as things stood, John and the other kids still didn't know about Jellybean - there was just never really a good time to tell him considering he was busy working with the band on the set for Live Aid.

"The tent must have fallen," Michael says, snapping her out of her trance and seeing that he's about to step out onto the porch, out into the rain, she quickly wraps her arms around his torso and lifts him back inside.

"I don't think so, kiddo."

He doesn't mind though and leaves her to lock up again while he goes to find Jellybean.

She finds the two of them in the living room - Michael's sat on the couch yawning while the cat is exploring; crawling under the couch and sniffing at the artificial flowers that are on the coffee table and with a glance at the clock, Roxanne sees that it's just gone two in the morning, "Mikey, back to bed, kiddo."

"But-"

"No buts," she says softly, ruffling his hair, "I know you're tired."

"What about Jellybean?"

"I will stay with him until he settles."

"You promise?" he asks as the cat darts by them.

"I promise," she kisses his cheek, "Now off you go."

He reluctantly heads back upstair and as she said, Roxy goes looking for Jellybean, finding him sat outside the door to John's music room.

"You can't go in there, buddy." she whispers, scratching down his back and he replies with a loud meow and he even goes as far as to start scratching, "Alright, fine."

Roxanne loves this room; all of the singles, records that the band have recorded and released, they're all in here, hung up proudly on the walls along with pictures of the band on their travels. There's a piano and a couple of John's guitars in the corner. It's where he comes when he has any ideas for songs or music - if he could, he'd write the day away in here. Sometimes, when the kids are at school and Robert's playing, Roxy will come in here with a book and stick on a record. It's one of her favourite rooms in the house.