thirty seven

look at that little pout

ngl, i think the next couple of chapters are gonna be rog and rebecca central

++|++

Roger didn't speak to Rebecca. And although he said he was going to, the whole night, he would stand up, say that he was going to do it this time and then change his mind at the very last moment. 

Roxanne has never seen him like this before, seen someone have such an effect on him. He's normally so confident with people and to see him a stuttering and panicking mess was, well quite amusing. 

But she thinks that was just because she had been drinking because now, almost a week had past and he still hadn't done anything about it. 

Until now. 

The band were supposed to be at EMI at two that afternoon and they'd asked Roxanne to accompany them because apparently, they still didn't have a manager for them and so Freddie, with the rest of the band's approval, was going to suggest to them that she did it. 

Personally, Roxy didn't think that the label would go for it. They weren't going to want someone who wasn't even an employee at the record or someone with no experience in the managing area but she was still going to go. She wanted to see the place.

They were all in her flat, having some lunch from Darnell's before they headed off and Roger's bag sat untouched as he stared at it and eventually, she got sick of it, kicking him gently underneath the coffee table.

"What's going on?"

He sighs, running a hand through his hair, "I may have done something really stupid."

"This should be good," Brian grins, leaning back to get comfortable on the couch and Roxy laughs.

"What did you do?"

"Okay, when I went to pick up the food, I was walking, y'know and the next thing I know, I was outside Ablestar studios."

Freddie raises an eyebrow, "Isn't that where the pretty girl works?"

"Yes," he groans and Roxanne leans forward eagerly, "Did you speak to her?"

"You finally did it?" John asks, reaching over to grab another chip, "You finally spoke to her?"

He shakes his head and Roxanne frowns.

"So what did you do?"

He hides his face in his hands, "I stared at her through the window for ten minutes."

"Oh mate," Brian groans, feeling the embarrassment for his friend, "You didn't."

He nods.

"Roger," Roxanne cries, "What are you doing? This isn't you."

"I know," he groans again, "I just...she's pretty, so pretty and every time I think I can talk to her, I bottle it at the last second. You saw me the other night."

"We did," John winced, "That was brutal to watch."

The rest nod in agreement.

"Did she see you?" Freddie asks, "Outside the window?"

He shakes his head, "No, the other one did, the actual receptionist."

"Joan?" Roxanne asks.

"Yeah," he sighs, "She got up and I think she was going to come confront me but I bolted."

"Jesus Christ, Roger." Brian shakes his head, glancing at the clock and Roxanne almost spills her drink when he suddenly stands, jostling the couch, "Is that the time? Shit, we're going to be late."