twenty six

it makes me sad that there aren't more gifs of joe as john

++|++

Roxanne didn't like Alyssa. Freddie knew it, Brian knew it and so did John but Roger, for some godforsaken reason, just couldn't see it.

It wasn't just because Alyssa had called her a slag (a remark which she still has not apologised for), no, it was because she was always, always, with Roger. It was as if she didn't trust him to go about his day on his own or as if she was worried about him and other girls but she had no reason to. If Roger was in a relationship, he, despite what others may think, is committed 100%.

Plus Roxanne had barely seen him. Before Alyssa, if he was on his lunch break from the shop, he'd pop in and see her but now, he'd ring Alyssa instead or go see her at Biba and god, she was the one sounding like a jealous freak but she missed him - the only time that they really saw each other was at the studio but even then, Alyssa was never far away.

So when John popped into the diner to tell her that Alyssa was wanting the four of them to do lunch, she was suspicious.

"Alyssa?" she questions, putting his burger down on the table, "Alyssa wants to have lunch? With me? Willingly?"

"With us," he corrects, squirting some ketchup over his chips, "That's what Rog said."

Alyssa had made it quite clear that she wasn't too fond of Roxy either; the glares and subtle digs that Roger never seemed to hear were enough to let her know.

Roxanne huffs and sits opposite him, "I want to like her, John."

He raises an eyebrow.

"I do!" she says loudly, "But there's something about her that doesn't sit right with me, y'know?"

"I do," he nods, "You tell me all the time but love, can't you just be civil to one another? It's not fair for the two of you to put Rog in the middle."

"I guess," she mumbles, toying with a coffee stirrer.

"Hey," he places his hand on hers, "Let's go to lunch, yeah? Maybe this is her attempt to get to know one another."

Roxy sighs. He's right, she knows he is. The way things were looking, Alyssa was here for the long run. She makes Roger happy and she likes seeing her cousin happy and so she nods.

"Yeah?" he repeats and she nods again.

"Yeah."

She looks towards the counter when someone clears their throat, jumping up from the booth when she sees Doug glaring at her, letting out a nervous laugh, "Sorry."

"Best get back to work, love," John grins and she sticks her tongue out as she steals one of his chips, "I'm going."

++|++

That night, Roxanne was actually getting to go to the studio with the boys and she was off tomorrow so that meant that she could stay all night if she wanted to.

She didn't get to go as much as she'd like to and other than John, she hadn't seen the rest of them in what felt like forever.

Since they'd sold the van, Roxy's Viva was what they relied on as transport and if she was working, either Brian, John or Roger would drive it but she has a suspicion that one of them have been using it during the day if she's at work too.

It was most likely Roger.

She's excited to see what they've been working on, there's something about watching the creative process at work that she loves.