fifty two

The date for the band jetting off to the states was approaching a lot quicker than anybody would have liked. There were only four days until they went and Roxanne had taken it upon herself to get them ready.

Brian is her favourite at this moment in time. Brian is an adult and Brian can get himself all that he needs for their trip but the other three...

She felt like she was going to kill them.

With Mary's help, Freddie was close to being ready; he had a couple of other items of clothing to get but other than that, he was good.

John, he wasn't that bad either - most of his stuff was packed up in his cases (Roxanne only had to help him with one) and all he had to do was pack up his carry on.

Roger...what could she say about Roger? He was the worst and knowing him as well as she does, Roxy knows that there's a ninety-five percent chance that he still wouldn't be packed the day before they were supposed to fly out.

Right now though, John and Roxy were stood in WHSmith and she was losing the will to live as he tried to decide between either a crossword puzzle book or sudoku to keep him occupied on the flight.

"How about this," he murmurs, taking both books from him, "Why not treat yourself and get both?"

"Yeah?"

She nods, "You're going to be spending a lot of time on the bus as well aren't you? It's better to have too much to do than nothing, right?"

He agrees and she drops them into the basket she's carrying before she's handing it over to John, telling him that she's just going to nip to the travel shop across the shopping centre, where she picks up some absolute essentials for the four of them - she even gets them fancy passport holders.

It'll be weird not having them around. As sad as it is to say, they are her best friends and with them gone...it was just going to be very strange.

Mary had decided (so that they wouldn't be too lonely), that at least once a week, they'd get together and have girls night and so on the Wednesday after they left; Roxy, Mary and Kayla - who was now officially part of their group of friends - would be going out for dinner.

Thank god for those girls.

++|++

The day before they left, John spent most of the day trying to pack up the last of his bags, which was his carry on but he'd finish it tomorrow morning. Right now, all he wanted to do was soak up the last night that he and Roxy would have for a long two months.

See, tomorrow night, they had to be at the airport by midnight and so Freddie had the bright idea that they would all go over to Roger and Brian's flat for dinner and that is where the minibus would pick them all up from. Roxanne and the girls would follow on in the car.

Despite his protests and saying that they could just get some chips or something, Roxanne had insisted on making them dinner, saying that it would probably his last decent meal before they started living on crappy petrol station snacks and the like.

He leans against the kitchen counter as she pulls her creation out of the over, wrapping his arms around her middle as she puts it down, "What have we got?"

"Prosciutto wrapped chicken," she replies and he kisses her cheek.

"You're wasted in that diner, my love."

"John," she flushes red, "I wanted to try something new. I just hope that it's not too dry."

He kisses her cheek again as she prods at the meat, "It'll be as delicious as it always is." He leaves her to it then, opening the fridge to see if there was any wine chilling, "Is white alright?"