sixty four

guys, can you imagine Ben Hardy as a fucking bodyguard or something? so many ideas floating around in my little noggin and idk which one to go with

++|++

John spent his birthday stuck on a farm in the middle of Wales, arguing about a song which was about being in love with a car. Who's car? He didn't know.

Who, he hears you ask, could come up with a song with that title? Well, ladies and gentlemen, that would be Roger Meddows Taylor.

"What's wrong with it?" the blonde demands, glaring at both Brian and John from where he's making some breakfast, "Hm? Tell me what's wrong with it."

Rebecca, who had come to visit for a couple of days was sitting at the table behind them, sipping her coffee as she watched the tension rise and she could only hope that Freddie would arrive soon and put an end to this.

When neither John or Brian answer, Roger shakes his head, "I put my heart and soul into this song."

"And no one is disputing that-" John tries to say but Roger talks over him.

"And you don't like it because you want your songs on the album too."

John shakes his head. He didn't even have a song for the bloody thing yet, "It's not that, mate."

"Then what is it?"

Brian stares at him, "I'm in love with my car...maybe it's not strong enough?"

John looks over his shoulder as Freddie makes his way in, "Morning."

"Morning," their friend greets quietly, "I know I'm late, what did I miss?"

He nods to the other two who are still arguing while Rebecca intervenes and tries to calm the situation down, "Discussing Roger's car song."

"Ah."

"How does your new song go then?" Roger asks, swiping a piece of paper from Brian before he can stop him, "You call me sweet like I'm some kind of cheese."

Brian looks at the others, "It's good."

"Wow."

"Is that...when my hand's on your grease gun? That's very subtle, isn't it?"

"It's a metaphor, Brian!" Roger snaps and John's relieved when Rebecca puts her hand on his chest to back him away but he can't help but chime in.

"It's just a bit weird, Roger. What exactly are you doing with that car?"

"You're not helping, Deaky." Rebecca hisses.

"Children, please," Freddie cuts in, "We could all murder each other but who would be left to record this album? Roger, there's only room for one Hysterical Queen."

John laughs as he leaves to have a cigarette, sipping his tea as he watches Rebecca continue to calm him down.

He'll admit, this wasn't the most exciting way to spend his birthday but Roxanne was going to phone him later on, hopefully with the news that she had the weekend off so she could come to visit.