seventy six

random thought of the day; how many famous people have flown over my house and i'd have had no idea

++|++

For some reason, Rebecca and Kayla both insisted that Roxanne and John spent the night in separate flats. So when he returned from shopping with Roger and Freddie, John was given just twenty minutes to pack up some things that he'd need for that evening before he was dragged from the flat.

"Is this really necessary?" Roxanne frowns as she watches him shove some clothes that he could sleep in into a bag.

"Of course it is!" Freddie grins, "We need to give him one last night of freedom in town, don't we lads?"

Brian and Roger nod while John, seeing Roxanne's expression, steps over the sleeping cats to get to her. "I'm not going to drink much," he promises, "Someone has to drive us up there when Roger is too hungover."

She cracks a smile, "I just don't see why this-"

"It's tradition!" Kayla cheers.

"What she said, darling!" Freddie ambles over to kiss her goodbye, "Now come on, Deaky. Say goodbye to your soon-to-be-wife. You won't be seeing her again until four o'clock tomorrow afternoon!"

Rolling his eyes, John grabs his backpack from the floor and tosses it onto his shoulder, "I'll see you tomorrow, Mrs Deacon."

"Stop," she grins, meeting him when he leans down to kiss her softly, "I can't wait."

"Alright," Roger's hands land on his shoulders, "Let's go."

Kayla and Rebecca say goodbye to their boyfriends while Freddie gives Roxanne another kiss on the cheek before they're dragging John out the door.

"Okay, now that they're gone, we can get tonight's activities set up," Kayla grins, "And by the time we get that done, Mary should be here too!"

Roxanne was excited to see Mary - since her break up with Freddie, it felt like it had been forever since she's seen her. There was so much to catch up on.

"What activities are you talking about?" Roxy asks as she sits down, covering her mouth to stifle a yawn.

"Well, we know that you're probably not up to doing much since, y'know," she gestures to her bump, "So we thought that we would do a sort of spa evening? Kayla brought face masks, we can paint each other's nails...stuff like that."

"Do you mind if we have a drink?" Kayla asks as she wanders through from the kitchen, "Or we have some sparkling grape juice if you'd prefer we didn't."

"Don't be stupid," Roxanne laughs, pushing herself up as the door buzzer goes, "Have your Prosecco."

It's Mary at the door and when she comes upstairs, the first thing she says when she opens the door is, "You're getting married?!"

That was how long it had been since they'd seen each other.

"Well," Roxanne smiles, "Hello to you too, Mary."

"Sorry, hi," she leans in to kiss her cheek, "But you're getting married? Tomorrow? Is what Freddie told me correct?"

"It is," the blonde nods and Mary shakes her head.

"Honestly, you two always surprise me."

They move to sit down and Roxanne helps herself to the crisps that Kayla has set out.

"What's the plan for tomorrow?" Mary asks, "When are we leaving? When have I to be ready for? I really don't like not knowing what's going on."

"Becca and Roger have it all planned out apparently," Kayla says as she hands out the drinks, "Bex?"