eleven

Roxanne had been right, no one, not even Freddie wanted to go shopping the next day. In fact, no one wanted to so much as move from where they had passed out on the previous night.

Much to Freddie and Mary's dismay, Roxanne had called the bed, leaving the young couple to curl up on the couch. Roger had passed out on the floor, a bottle of whisky cradled to his chest and John, well he'd passed out just a couple of metres from Roger but unlike the blonde, he had made himself a little bed with jackets that either belonged to Freddie and Mary or belonged to people who had attended and had left them behind.

At some point, Roxy was joined by Brian, who had been the only one with a morsel of common sense left and had realised that there was room for another person in that bed.

When she woke, she was met with the familiar headache that came with a hangover and she groaned, pressing the heels of her palms to her eyes.

"Not so loud please, Roxy." Brian pleads, pulling the blankets over his head to block out the glare of sunlight coming through Freddie's uncovered windows.

Deciding to risk it, Roxanne sits up and is immediately overcome with nausea, the room spinning and she is quick to lie back down, "Fucking hell."

"My thoughts exactly."

She doesn't remember the last time she felt so rough; head pounding, dry mouth, the shakes...you name it, she's suffering from it.

"Brian?"

He grunts.

"Will you go get me some water?"

She feels horrible asking because she knows that he will. Even if he had to crawl through to the kitchen, Brian would just to ease her suffering - even if it was just a temporary relief.

"Only if you get me some."

She has to agree because as much as she wants to, she can't stay wrapped up in these blankets all day. She has too much to do, so much shit to pack up for tomorrow.

She's not an idiot though and takes it slow, wrapping a spare blanket around her shoulders as she pathetically shuffles her way towards the door that leads into the living room.

There, she sees Freddie and Mary fast asleep on the couch and the two others spread out on the floor. She makes her way through to the kitchen to make some coffee, draping her blanket over John as she walks by.

He looks cute when he's sleeping. Well, she assumes he does because right now, all she can see is his mess of hair that's covering his face.

So she doesn't wake them, she tiptoes to the kitchen and fills the kettle, looking over her shoulder as Brian comes out of the bedroom after her.

"Jesus Christ look at the state of this place."

She hadn't even noticed the mess of the flat; plastic cups, glass bottles, bowls, they all littered the floor and available surfaces and Roxanne frowns when she knows that she's going to have to help clean this up.

"What time did things even finish last night?" she asks quietly, hearing one of the others stir and he shrugs.

"You crashed a little after four," he tells her, "Things were still going then."

"Wow," she looks at the clock, seeing that it was just coming up for nine and she was a little surprised at just how functional she was given that she'd had so little sleep, "Okay. Do you want anything to eat?"

He's very quick to shake his head, "No. just came out for some water."

"Getting old, Brian." she teases, filling a clean glass with water for him.

"'m not cut out for this anymore." he agrees.

"Go lie back down," she instructs and he doesn't fight her, just picks up his glass and disappears back into the bedroom and after she pours herself a cup of coffee, she takes another look around the trashed living room.

She'll have her coffee and then she will start cleaning up.

++|++

Out of all of them, Roger is the first to stir and he wakes to see that Roxanne has managed to clean at least half of the shit up.

He sits up, only to immediately fall back down onto the floor again and she turns at the sound of the thud.

"Finally," she smiles, "I was starting to think that you were dead, Roger."

"I wish I was."

"Bit dramatic," she hums as she continues to clean up, turning around again when she feels his eyes boring into the back of her head, "What?"

"Are you feeling any better?"

Roxanne takes a hesitant glance towards the bassist, who's still fast asleep and shrugs, "Can't really do anything about it, can I? If they're dating, they're dating."

"I don't think they are," Roger shakes his head, reluctantly getting up from the floor to make a cup of coffee for himself and have some of his birthday cake, "I'm pretty sure I saw her snogging Matthew from uni last night."

She doesn't let it show but a little bit of hope sparks within her. She also knows not to trust Roger when he says he saw something happen. His vision was awful on the best of days so she doesn't think what it would be like after he's been drinking.

"You know," Freddie pipes up from where he is now awake on the couch, making her jump, "You could always stop being a pussy and just ask the man, darling."

Great. Now he knew too.

She shakes her head, "No. God, no. I can't do that. Now, onto another subject, how about I run down to that cafe you all like and get some breakfast?"

"Yes," Roger says immediately, "Fuck, yes. Pancakes from Darnell's? Yes. I'll come with you. We'll take the van."

"No, we won't. You're probably still drunk and I want the fresh air."

Roger looks at her but surprisingly, doesn't argue and puts the keys back down, "You're right. Probably still a little bit drunk."

++|++

Forty minutes later, the two arrive back at the flat with enough food to feed a small army.

As soon as Roger opens the door, the others -who had all be woken so they could get their orders- descended on them, practically ripping the greasy bags from their hands.

"What took so long?" John asks, raising an eyebrow as they all move to sit on the couches and chairs, putting all the food on the coffee table so they can all share.

"Seems like everyone had the same idea," Roger says through a mouthful of pancakes, "Queue was practically out the door, eh Roxy?"

The blonde, who had grown quieter since this morning looks up from her own pancakes and nods.

"You alright?" John puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, I'm fine. I always get like this when it's time for me to go back home."

"You're going home already?" John frowns, "I thought you were here longer."

She shakes her head, "Sadly, no."

"If you feel this way," Freddie began, "Why don't you just stay here?"

Roxanne snorts, making the five of them look at her, "Yeah, like that's gonna happen. I couldn't do that."

He shrugs, "I'm just saying that maybe it's something to think about darling. Because that face," he waves his fork in a circle, "Is the face of someone who doesn't want to go home."