Secret Wings

By NurGomez

Hailey Neilson. A gypsy that can touch an object or person and immediately know, see and feel it's history. S... More

Secret Wings
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 9

1.4K 100 4
By NurGomez

Chapter 9

Hailey P.O.V

"Happy Birthday Hailey dear!" One of my aunts said, as she walked into the house.

"Thank you!" I replied back, my face beaming.

She entered and gave me a big hug. "You look beautiful" she gushed, "It's been so long. Look how much you've grown" She complimented, observing me.

"Time flies..." I grinned. "You look great as usual"

"Oh, don't mention. I've been slacking on my gym nowadays. But let's keep that between us" she winked.

I laughed and nodded before showing her to the living room where the rest of my family members were.

So far, almost everyone was already here. All my uncles, aunties, grandparents, cousins.

Except him.

Where are you? I tried mind-linking but got no response.

I sighed. He should be here anytime soon anyway. I pushed my thoughts aside & joined in with all my family members.

I mingled around, talking with everybody until one of my uncle's asked if we should cut the cake already.

"I think it's fine... Where's the cake?" Dad replied, looking around for mom.

I looked around. She was nowhere to be seen. She must still be in the kitchen.

"I'll get her" I volunteerd, walking off before dad could protest.

I headed to the kitchen, cutting through my family members but stopped just before the entrance of the kitchen when I heard suspicious hushed voices.

"What do you think are you doing!? You're plunging us all in eternal death! You know they will find us! God, I swear I smelled her scent a mile away from here!"

Was that... my grandmother?

"I know I know! It's really strong. I've mentioned it to Gavin but he'd brush away the topic. He said he didn't want to move house since he was comfortable here. He said he'd think of something to cover up her scent" my mom replied sounded stressed.

"Did he!?"

"...no"

"Mom! Grandma! Uh... dad called. He said we can start cutting my birthday cake already" I interrupted them.

I think I've found enough details to know that I don't actually belong here.

Did I even have a scent? How come I don't even realise all of this?

Please hurry...

"We'll be there in a mintute dear. Your mother and I have something to discuss on" grandma replied.

Mom didn't look like she wanted to continue the converstaion any longer but she didn't dare object. Yeah, she's a goody-two-shoes that mother of mine; up till now. I didn't know if I should salute her or laugh out loud.

"Please... everyone's already waiting" I whined, putting my arms around her.

She sighed, putting her arms around me as well before she fiddled with my necklace. "What's this?" she asked, holding it.

"Esmeralda gave it to me, she said it's an early birthday present" I shrugged.

She glanced at mom. "Hmm.. I think we're fine. Let's go out. The others are waiting"

Mom breathed a sigh of relief "We'll catch up with you. Hailey and I have something to discuss on,"

I quirked an eyebrow at this. We have?

Grandma just nodded & left.

I looked at mom. "What is it?"

She shooked her head. "Nothing important....is Mathew here yet? You haven't introduced him to me yet"

This? She wanted to talk about this?? Seriously mom?

"Uhm.. not yet. I think he'll be a little late"

"Oh" she sounded somewhat disappointed.

"It's okay. Let's go. I can't wait to eat the cake!" I said, tugging her arm.

"Alright, alright. Stop pulling me. Geez, it's like you're 6" she said, shaking her head, but smiled nonetheless.

Soon, we were all in the living room. Everyone sung Happy Birthday to me before I took turns taking pictures with all my family members. By the time I was done, I felt like my mouth would crack from smiling too much. But I had to admit, I had fun.

*****

"Here, help me pass out the cake" my mom said, as she handed me two plates. "Your grandparents are in the guest room" she informed giving me a soft push.

I nodded and headed of to the guest room which was located at the second floor. They were probably resting, worn out from all the excitement downstairs.

I remembered to knock before entering and saw my grandmother sleeping on the spare bed. My grandfather was just standing by the window, looking at nothing in particular.

He turned when he heard me, giving me a small smile. "It's a nice weather" he randomly stated, turning to face the window again.

I just nodded, though he couldn't see while putting down the two plates of cake on the table nearby. "Uh, cake...?" I asked, gesturing to the cake I just laid down.

"I'll eat it later with your grandmother" he replied. "Is it blueberry cheesecake?" He asked. He didn't even turn around to look at the two pieces of heavenly food beside me.

I craned my neck to look at what he was looking at. It was nothing. The spare room's window were just facing the forest.

"Uhm... no. It's ice-cream cake" I replied, shuffling my feet awkwardly.

"Ah, I see. Where's the cheesecake then?"

Can't I just leave already?

"We didn't manage to order them. There's alot of other delicious desserts downstairs anyway. Do you want me to get you any?" I asked, sweetly.

Please say no. God, I was just asking to be polite.

"I'm fine"

Phew..

"Uhh, Well then, I guess I should be going. Enjoy the cake, I guess" I made a beeline for the door but I was stopped by a loud crash. Exactly behind me - just to be exact.

I turned around and gaped. Aaron stood there, holding firmly onto my grandfather. Of course my grandmother was also awoken by the loud crash. She cowered away into the corner, her eyes as wide as saucers.

I turned to give Aaron a are-you-serious look. He definitely knew how to make a grand entrance. He literally smashed his way in.

"What happened to you?" He asked, ignoring the look I gave him.

"What do you mean what happened to me?" I questioned. "I've been trying to reach you but you weren't replying"

He strode over to me & pulled away the necklace Esmeralda gave. "This..." he said, throwing it away "is the reason I couldn't reach you. It's been blocking our connection"

I stared blankly back at him. What was I supposed to say? Finally, I settled with "Put my grandfather down. You're literally choking him. And he's innocent"

"Don't change the topic" he muttered but let go of my grandfather anyway. "Well, I brought back-up so if your -"

"Don't you dare take her anywhere!" My father suddenly emerged. With mom and Esmeralda by his side.

"Uhh, forget it" he muttered before striding across to my 'family' .

I looked at him curiously. What was he going to do?

"Let's settle this in peace. I'll take what's mine and leave this house or we fight. For her" his voice was surprislgly calm but strong and firm as he spoke to my father. They were almost the same height so I couldn't see either one of them. Aaron's back was facing me and he was blocking dad.

My dad growled. "She's ours"

This made Aaron even madder.

"What do you mean she's yours!? She was kidnapped. For God's sake, she was 3 years old! She's couldn't have remembered anything"

Dad looked at me. I think he wanted to see what my reaction was. He didn't know I already knew all this.

"You knew him?" Dad asked. "And you didn't inform us!?"

××××××××××

WHAT HAPPENED!?!?

Don't forget to vote/ comment/ share!!

NurGomez

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2K 60
What if Damon and Stefan Salvatore had a little sister? What if she fell hard for their Mortal Enemy? Well In this story, you'll get the answers to...
130K 5.2K 50
Y/n a girl who went through many things in life. She lives alone. She only has her mom and her sister whom she never considered as a family. She c...
The Mystery Letters By Apple

Mystery / Thriller

149K 8.7K 29
Hannah lost her twin sister Hailey when she was 12 in an accident, or so they believed. The case had been closed, everyone seemed to move on except...
34.4K 857 31
Ever wanted to know more about your past? Ever had secrets in your life? I did. And I suffered greatly because of them. Abuse. Hurt. Abandonment. Be...