Short-Lived✔️

By Endless_Moments_

❝For as long as I can remember my heart belonged to you.❞ A twenty-year-old boy gets his life turned upside d... More

>Synopsis
•Prologue
•One
•Two
•Three
•Four
•Five
•Six
•Seven
•Eight
•Nine
•Ten
•Eleven
•Twelve
•Thirteen
•Fourteen
•Fifteen
•Sixteen
•Seventeen
•Eighteen
•Nineteen
•Twenty
•Twenty-One
•Twenty-Two
•Twenty-Three
•Twenty-Four
•Twenty-Five
•Twenty-Six
•Twenty-Seven
•Twenty-Eight
•Twenty-Nine
•Thirty
•Thirty-One
•Thirty-Two
•Thirty-Three
•Thirty-Four
•Thirty-Five
•Thirty-Six
•Thirty-Seven
•Thirty-Eight
•Thirty-Nine
•Fourty
•Fourty-One
•Fourty-Two
•Fourty-Three
•Fourty-Four
•Fourty-Five
•Fourty-Six
•Fourty-Seven
•Fourty-Eight
•Fourty-Nine
•Fifty
•Fifty-One
•Fifty-Two
•Fifty-Three
•Fifty-Four
•Fifty-Five
•Fifty-Six
•Fifty-Seven
•Fifty-Eight
•Fifty-Nine
•Sixty
•Sixty-One
•Sixty-Two
•Sixty-Three
•Sixty-Four
•Sixty-Six
•Sixty-Seven
•Sixty-Eight
•Sixty-Nine
•Epilogue

•Sixty-Five

232 18 19
By Endless_Moments_

The dark, calming abyss holds Jungkook in content. He was at peace, it was only him here. And he no longer burned inside. The hot pain had dwindled into nothingness.

The silence was enjoyable, he could only hear the sounds of his breathing. Jungkook has no idea how long he has been alone in this new dark world but he didn't care. Just being able to breathe normally, to be able to hear nothing . . .

His short moment of peace was interrupted by a slow beeping sound. Confused, Jungkook looks around wondering where it came from. He hears it again then the sound of someone murmuring, no, it was the sound of someone crying.

The noise surrounded him filling his ears with the beeping and the crying. He tries to block out the sounds, he tries covering his ears. But it didn't work, the sounds only became louder.

He watches as his dark peaceful world slowly comes down into shambles. He could feel himself panic, his breathing becoming ragged and rough.

No, he thinks desperately. He wasn't ready to leave. He didn't want to leave. This world was nice, he was his normal self again.

There seemed to be other plans for him, however. Helpless, he watches his dark abyss strip clean out of his life. Then he was pushed.

He was pushed back to where he came from never to see that wonderful dark abyss again. He slowly blinks once and sees a shiny, bright light before him. He blinks again, now he sees a white ceiling above him.

He stares at the light and ceiling above for a long moment regaining his consciousness. When things became somewhat clear in his vision he turns his head to where he hears the soft beeping sound. Next to him he sees a heart monitor and watches the green line squiggle to the pace of his heart.

He notices other machines were beside him as well. He hears a soft sniffle beside him, then a man murmuring something to the person who cried. Slowly with a small groan, Jungkook turns his head to the right and blinks once at the sight of the aging couple sitting at his bedside.

"Mom?" He croaks with a raspy voice.

Mrs. Jeon abruptly stops her sobs and slowly, as if she was afraid, turns her head to her son. She stares at him with red, puffy eyes as he stares back with eyes full of grogginess. A relieved gasp escapes her lips.

"Oh my gosh . . ." She murmurs before letting out a loud sob. She pushes off her chair and leans over Jungkook peppering him with light pecks on his forehead.

He didn't stop her for he was still processing what was happening around him.

"You're awake . . ." She sobs with a relieved smile upon her lips. Jungkook only stares at her blankly unsure what to say first. He glances at his dad and sees him stand next to his mom with tears strumming down his face.

"Do you feel uncomfortable?" She asks urgently. "Are you hurting anywhere??"

Mrs. Jeon pulls away examining her son for any signs of pain or anything that was out of place. Jungkook's mind was slow, it took him a long moment to understand his mother's words.

He felt nothing, after all, he didn't feel like moving his body. It was too much work.

He takes in a breath to respond but stops himself when he feels something around his mouth and nose. His face contorts into confusion with his brows knitted together and his lips forming a frown. With great strength, Jungkook slowly lifts a hand to his face.

His fingers touch something soft and sturdy. It was smooth under his fingertips as it covered his nose and mouth like a shell. His eyes widen in horror.

"What the hell . . ."

His blood starts to run cold through his veins as panic finally sweeps its way into his system. He starts to breathe uncontrollably with his heart pounding against his chest. The beeping becomes loud and fast with his chest rising and falling at a fast pace.

"What is this?!" He screeches and takes off the mask.

"No, Jungkook!" His mother gasps and tries to put it back on his face.

Jungkook twists his head avoiding the cursed thing with a disgusted expression. He tries to push his body away from his mother but the stupid IV was keeping him where he laid. He yanks it off and places out a hand to push the mask away.

"Get that away from me!" He screams. "I don't want it!"

"But you need it, Jungkook!!" His mother shouts as she tries to push his hands away. "The mask helps!"

"No, it doesn't!"

Jungkook tries to escape but his father firmly holds his arms keeping him from jumping out of bed. "Son, you need to trust us." He states calmly.

Trust them?! Why should he? What will that damn mask do to help him?!

If anything it only makes him look like a helpless patient! He didn't need it, he could live without that cursed thing.

He thrashes on the bed trying to move away from his mother. He kicks wildly causing his mother to gasp and jump away.

He could feel the burning sensation again. It started in his chest and was slowly blooming all over his body. He grimaces at the pain but keeps resisting.

"I'm not weak!!" He shouts with a loud cough. "I don't need it!"

The wooden door loudly slides open revealing two nurses and Dr. Chen rushing into the room. And right on the doctors' tail was you.

Your eyes widen mortified at what you see. Jungkook moves his body wildly on the bed trying to release himself from his father's grip. His mother holds the mask trying her best to get close to Jungkook. His teeth are bared with his brows knitted together in a panic.

"Where are the sedatives?!" You hear Dr. Chen yell at a nurse.

Quickly you rush to him to help Mr. Jeon. Jungkook looks at you with tears welling in his eyes. "Help me, Jisun!" He pleads. "I don't want the mask!"

You bite your lip while pressing his shoulder firmly to the mattress. "I know, but you have to," you say as calmly as you could.

"No!" He cries. "I'm okay! I don't need it! You know that!"

You swallow down a sob with your chest aching. The panic in his eyes, the anguish in his voice it all stabbed through your heart.

You knew he hated the hospital from the start but you never realized how much he despised a mask. Jungkook struggles under your hold and you put all your weight on him.

"His blood pressure is rising!" You hear a nurse warn.

"You don't need it," you agree loudly with sweat coating your brow. "But, baby, you got to trust me." You plead.

Jungkook violently shakes his head in denial with tears running down his face. He thought you'd be on his side. He looks up at you, his thrashing stopping only for a second.

He begs through his eyes hoping you understand the fear and the degradation of a mask will be to him. It was too much.

"But . . . I'm healthy," he splutters with his voice cracking at the end.

A stifling sob blubbers through your lips with your heart breaking into a thousand pieces. You wish you can switch places with him, you wish you were in pain and not him. He doesn't deserve this.

You sniffle as you take in a deep breath while caressing Jungkook's tearstained cheek. He takes in a breath seemingly calming down slightly just by the touch of your hand. You force your lips into a smile even though it never reached your eyes.

"Yes, you're healthy," you say with a gentle tone. "You'll always be my strong, healthy bunny."

Jungkook's thrashes stop completely, his focus on you. He could feel the panic being pushed away and back into the closet inside him.

For a moment he forgot why he was fighting, why he was crying. Your voice and your touch drove away any terror he had before. His wonderful brown eyes you loved showed no panic but wonder instead.

Yet, silent tears still streamed down his cheeks and continued to do so when a nurse shoves a needle in his wrist. You watch his face slowly becoming expressionless. You stare at his eyes that dulled due to the drugs entering his system.

He keeps his eyes on you despite his vision becoming blurry. He found it difficult to keep himself awake but he doesn't fight off the drugs. Slowly, he closes his eyes welcoming back that quiet black world.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

You sit at Jungkook's bedside staring at his sleeping face. You hold onto his hand tightly afraid he'll disappear if you let go.

You were the only one in the room for Jungkook's parents went down to the cafeteria to get something to eat. Everyone else stayed out in the hall giving you some privacy.

Gently, you stroke the top of Jungkook's hand with your thumb as you let out a quiet sniffle. You wondered how painful it was for him to breathe. You wondered how he tolerated the whole time without telling anyone about it.

You don't know why he did it, didn't he realize it had put more strain on his lungs?

With a tired sigh you shake your head, "Jungkook, how did you do this all alone?" You whisper to his unconscious form.

Your eyes were red and moist from all the crying you did, there were no tears left to spare. You glance down at your entwined hands and bring his hand close to your face and kiss it gently before placing your forehead upon it.

You listened to his soft breathing until you hear the door softly slide open. Slowly you lift your head and glance over your shoulder.

Dr. Chen stands at the doorway with a clipboard in his hands. His brows were pulled together creating three deep lines on his forehead.

"Miss Park, may I have a word with you?" He asks softly. You don't answer and look back at Jungkook not wanting to leave his side.

"It will only take a moment," Dr. Chen promises quickly.

Reluctantly you nod and slowly stand, leaning over Jungkook. "I'll be back." You whisper and kiss his forehead gently.

Grudgingly, you turn your back on him and follow Dr. Chen out of the room. You ignore the questioning stares of your friends and family and turn the corner. Dr. Chen stops at an empty hallway sighing before facing you.

"What is it?" You demand lightly.

He hesitates for a moment and clenches the clipboard in his hands. He hated moments like this.

"Miss Park, there was some information I didn't get to tell you due to you leaving mid-conversation yesterday," he informs in a soft tone.

You eye the doctor warily, "What information?"

Dr. Chen swallows thickly with his lips pinched tightly together. You wait for an answer and tap your foot anxiously. Taking a deep breath he speaks.

"Jungkook's lifespan has shortened greatly," he murmurs.

Your heart instantly drops at his words, your shoulders slumping as if an anvil dropped on them. You stare at him dully wondering if this could get any worse.

First, you watch Jungkook lay in a room in critical condition. Then, you saw him thrash on his bed in anxiety. Now, Jungkook's lifespan is shortened.

This was hell, it had to be.

You clench your fists down at your sides refusing to break in front of him. "How long?" You croaked, your voice barely leaving your mouth.

"It was initially four weeks but after the mistreatment, he and his lungs endured then we estimated three to four days. A week at most." He answers softly.

It was like the wind was knocked out of you. Like someone punched you as hard as they could in your gut. You take in a painful, shuddering breath with your eyes widening in horror.

Three to four days . . .

That was nothing. Nothing. Those simple little weeks you held onto ever so tightly was ripped away from you.

His life was taken away like it meant nothing. You could feel Jungkook slowly slipping through your fingertips and no matter what you did he was still slipping away.

Dr. Chen notices your frozen state and frowns. He already told Jungkook's parents and their reactions were heartbreaking to watch. But he knew telling you would be the hardest.

He has no idea what to do in this situation with you standing before him like your life was ripped out of you. He knows it was best if he left, most people preferred to grieve alone.

"I'm very sorry, Miss Park," he apologizes. He gives you a small bow before turning his heel.

"Wait."

He stops in his tracks and turns around. You stare at him with dull eyes with no color coating your cheeks.

"Yesterday," you began in a whisper. "You asked if I was Jungkook's girlfriend . . . how did you know it was me?"

Dr. Chen frowns thoughtfully at the memory before loosing out a sigh. "I only assumed," he clarifies.

"But when we were operating on Jungkook his heart stopped beating," he begins softly with his eyes saddening at the memory.

"We used the defibrillator on him and by the third time, his heart starts beating again. He was in and out of consciousness after that but he kept moving his lips. We thought he was speaking gibberish but we started to hear a name." He gestures a hand to you.

"It was your name he kept repeating during the operation but he also said some other things as well."

You swallow thickly while pinching your lips together. "What did he say?"

"He said he had to see you one last time."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Had to update right away lol

Hope you enjoyed it!

Do you feel bad for the state Jungkook's in?

Lemme know in the comments!
--->

Vote and Comment!♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 1K 23
JJK X Y/N X KTH [Book 1] "I made my way to the terrace with a euphoric mood just to meet with the darkest surprise of my life. Something that would c...
150K 5.9K 58
"I can't look at you," his voice trembled with a painful vulnerability, "And not remember the sweet betrayal, Y/N," "I am sorry for betraying you, Ju...
1.3M 62.2K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
1.5M 55.3K 101
"Even though you are so much of an angel, there is always a part inside you that's wanna be wrapped up around my sin, my love. You will be my sinner...