Beyond Pokemon

By NasukraBTsuki

In the world of Pokemon, there are some adult situations the cartoon failed to touch on. Many fail to realize... More

Chapter 1. Big Brother Charizard.
Chapter 2. Showdown
Chapter 3. Unsatisfied
Chapter 4. No "I" in Team
Chapter 5. Gyarados
Chapter 6. Sail away.
Chapter 7. First Pokemon
Chapter 8. Lake 0
Chapter 9. What?!
Chapter 10. Mega-Evolution?
Chapter 11. Too Much
Chapter 12. Return to Sender
Chapter 13. Back on Track.
Chapter 14. These Boots
Chapter 15. Invasion of The Pokemon League
Chapter 16. First Steps.
Chapter 17. Disagreeable Situations
Chapter 18. Takes a Ghost to Catch a Ghost
Chapter 19. Kyla vs Chad
Chapter 20. Blare's Match.
Chapter 21. Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 22. David vs Hermit
Chapter 23. Tsunami
Chapter 24. David vs Kyla, The Final Battle
Beyond Pokemon/ Part 2/ Interlude/ Announcements and Q/A
Part 2, Chapter 1. The Return
Part 2, Chapter 2. Back to School
Part 2, Chapter 3. Lesson Plan 1, The Bully
Part 2, Chapter 4. Class Assignment
Part 2, Chapter 5. A Close Call/ A Reluctant Bandit
Part 2, Chapter 6. Search for Salvation.
Part 2, Chapter 7. Evaluation Day
Part 2, Chapter 8. Rebellious and Abandoned
Part 2, Chapter 9. When You Thought You Could Rest.
Part 2, Chapter 10. Rise of Moltres, Part 1.
Part 2, Chapter 11. Rise of Moltres, Part 2.
Part 2, Chapter 12. A Loyal Enemy, A Jealous Friend.
Part 2, Chapter 13. Offical Challenge, Part 1.
Part 2, Chapter 14. Offical Challenge, Part 2.
Part 2, Chapter 15. When In Oblivia
Part 2, Chapter 16. Uphill All The Way
Part 2, Chapter 17. Land Ahoy!
Part 2, Chapter 18. Professor Elm
Part 2, Chapter 19. The Rising Tides
Part 2, Chapter 20. The Violet Tower, part 1.
Part 2, Chapter 21. The Violet Tower, part 2.
Part 2, Chapter 22. Ruins of Alph.
Part 2, Chapter 24. Blare's Shocking Discovery
Part 2, Chapter 25. Fire & Ice
Part 2, Chapter 26. Adding Gas to Fire
Part 2, Chapter 27. Family Bonds
Part 2, Chapter 28. A Night Under The Stars
Part 2, Chapter 29. Surf's Up On Love
Part 2, Chapter 30. Road to the Battle Tower
Part 2, Chapter 31. Registration Day.
Part 2, Chapter 32. Battle Tower, Bracket J.
Part 2, Chapter 33. The Pokemon Cafe
Part 2, Chapter 34. Casting the Net.
Part 2, Chapter 35. SPTU Investigation
Part 2, Chapter 36. Bracket G, Sue's debut
Part 2, Chapter 37. Respect Is Everything.
Part 2, Chapter 38. Bracket F.
Part 2, Chapter 39. Giga-Evolution
Part 2, Chapter 40. Next Level!
Part 2, Chapter 41. Bracket C, Blare Vs. Grace
Part 2, Chapter 42. Bracket B, Ghost From The Past
Part 2, Chapter 43. Zoey's Truth.
Part 2, Chapter 44. Ark's Judgment
Part 2, Chapter 45. Bracket A, Mind & Muscel
Part 2, Chapter 46. Bracket A, Beauty & Brains
Part 2, Chapter 47. Hoss.

Part 2, Chapter 23. Guardians of the Sky and Sea.

41 5 2
By NasukraBTsuki

Kyla, Pidgeot, and Mega Gardevior head off towards Silver Cave, which is west of Route 45. Upon reaching the entrance to the cave, Lugia slowly emerges, badly burnt and glaring at them.

"What do you want, human?" Lugia's voice echos through their minds.

Kyla's eyes go wide. "I was not aware you were a psychic type!"

Lugia struggles to walk, as he looms over them. "This is why I steer clear of trainers. I asked a question, and I expect a proper answer."

Kyla clears her throat. "We.. have been noticing a little dispute between you and Ho-Oh..."

"A 'little dispute', you say?!" Lugia interrupts. "That hot head is on the hunt."

"What is he hunting for?" Kyla asks.

Lugia relaxes and sits down. "His tower, his home, was distoryed by another fire Pokemon, or so he believes. He is searching for that Pokemon to enact his revenge."

Kyla crosses her arms. "If that is the case, why is that any of your concern?"

Lugia leans his head down to Kyla, coming within inches of her. "This is my region. Ho-Oh has no claim to it. His territory is the sky. Just because the Pokemon League felt it necessary to build him a tower, without consulting me nor doing the same for me, does not make this region his home."

Mega Gardevior moves Kyla back and gets between them. "I would appreciate it if you did not get so close to Lady Kyla."

Lugia rears his head back, looking away. "My.. apologies. I am not use to humans, nor do I hold any compassion for them."

"I can tell." Gardevior replies. "But this is my trainer, whom I dearly love. Her safety is my top concern."

Lugia glances back at her. "Are you not a slave to your trainer?"

Gardevior looks very upsetted by this remark. "Lady Kyla is a fantastic trainer, compassionate, and supportive." Gardevior looks back at Kyla. "She actually worries more about my safety than I do about her's."

Kyla steps forward again, putting her arm on Gardevior's shoulder. "My team is my family. There is not a single moment I do not worry about their well being, even in the heat of battle."

Lugia looks into Gardevior's eyes, seeing the trust and love reflected in them. He then leans his head down and sniffs Kyla.

"Are you intentionally trying to provoke me, Lugia?!" Gardevior exclaims.

Lugia retracts his head again, with a smile. "No no. Be at ease. This is just my way of recognizing a trainer as worthy. Now that I know your scent, Lady Kyla, I can ensure your safety in my presents."

Kyla smiles. "I understand. But how are we going to handle Ho-Oh."

Lugia looks surprised. "You wish to oppose him?!"

Kyla puts her hands on her hips. "The way I see it, we need a compromise. Ho-Oh's actions may endanger the lives of countless Pokemon and trainers. I honestly wouldn't like to get into a full blown battle with him, but..."

Chaz pops out of his Pokeball, with a enthusiastic roar.

Kyla laughs, weaving her arms into Gardevior and Chaz's arms. "My team is more than capable, and have my back through anything."

Lugia looks at Chaz, turning his head slightly. "You are an odd one."

Chaz stares back, lightly offended by being called odd.

"Don't get me wrong. It is not an insult. But I have never seen a Pokemon emerge from their Pokeball without permission." Lugia says, curiously.

Chaz grunts back, explaining the reasons for his actions.

Lugia listens intently, as Kyla slowly approaches and begins opening her medpack.

Lugia fells Kyla's hand touch his skin and slowly looks at her. "What are you doing?"

Kyla smiles up at him. "Treating your wounds. It is the least I can do now that we are allies."

Lugia chuckles. "You are all so unnaturally comfortable with this sort of thing."

Chaz grunts, with a hint of a chuckle.

Lugia nods. "You are right, friend. She is one of a kind."

Chaz grunts a few more times, seemingly asking a question.

Lugia shakes his head. "I unfortunately can not do that. I am the guardian of the sea and Pokemon in this region. I could not bind myself to a trainer that would eventually leave this area."

Chaz shrugs.

Kyla finishes up and sprays Lugia with a Hyper Potion. "There you go."

Lugia looks at her again. "How have you come to know so much about treating Pokemon?"

"Well, I went to college, got a job in the Oblivia Region as a Poketech, and now I am head of Clinical Coordiantion for the Pokemon League." Kyla replies.

Lugia turns fully around to face her. "You are a member of the Pokemon League?"

Kyla nods.

Lugia sniffs the air again, his eyes narrowing on her belt. "That must be why Moltres chose you."

Kyla looks down at her belt, and back up with a surprised expression. "You can smell her through her Pokeball?"

Lugia nods. "Moltres and I used to have very long talks about world events. Her scent is very formiliar to me."

"Do legendary Pokemon often have such friendly relationships with each other?" Kyla asks.

Lugia shakes his head. "If Ho-Oh and I are any indication, it is very rare to get along with each other. We tend to be very protective of our territory."

Kyla chuckles. "Well, two of my friends also have Zapdos and Articuno."

Lugia again looks surprised. "Great trainers stick together, it would seem."

Kyla nods. "More than you know." Kyla's phone rings, and she answers it. "Is everything okay over there?"

"Well.. The good news is that I found Ho-Oh.. The bad news is he is very agitated. Could you spare Mega Gardevior?" David asks, over the phone. 

Kyla looks at Gardevior. "We will be right over." Kyla hangs up the phone. "David needs us, more so you to translate to Ho-Oh. Can you teleport all of us."

Gardevior looks at Lugia and Chaz. "I could do better with just you and Lugia."

Chaz looks unhappy, lightly kicking a rock away.

Kyla looks at him. "We are trying to settle this peacefully. However, if it becomes a battle, I will let you take point."

Chaz glances at her with a grunt.

"I promise." Kyla replies, recalling him. 

"He is a very eager Charizard, though he would be out matched." Lugia says.

Kyla puts her finger to her lips. "Don't tell him that, he would only be more eager to fight."

Lugia laughs. "What a strange collection of allies I have found!"

Gardevior touches both of them. "Here we go."

In a flash, they appear beside David and his Dragonite. Ho-Oh locks eyes with Lugia.

Ho-Oh slowly backs away.

"Ho-Oh, we have come to talk." Gardevior says. "Please, we would rather settle this peacefully."

Ho-Oh looks at her with a silent, questioning stare.

"I can translate for you. These two trainers are high ranking members of the Pokemon League, and they are very concerned about this dispute." Gardevior says, motioning to David and Kyla.

"How high ranking?" Ho-Oh's voice echos through their minds.

David steps forward. "I am the President of the Pokemon League, currently on a journey through this region."

Kyla bows. "I am Clinical Coordenator for the Pokemon League, my job is to see to the supply of all Pokemon Centers, and the treatment of any Pokemon in need, wild or with trainer."

Lugia catches Ho-Oh's attention. "I have agreed to talk this out, recognizing this trainer, Lady Kyla, as a worthy ally."

Ho-Oh spreads his wings in anger. "I don't give a damn what your opinion is, Lugia. You have done nothing but hinder my search for Entei!"

"That is because you keep Flamethrowing all over the place in a blind rage!" Lugia exclaims.

Kyla waves her hands nervously. "Okay fellas, let's tone it down a bit. There is no need for another fight."

Lugia and Ho-Oh stare angerly at each other down.

David perks up. "Entei?! You suspect Entei of burning down your tower?"

Ho-Oh turns to him. "Indeed! He is the only other Pokemon in this entire region that would dare cross me."

Lugia scratches his face, clearing his throat. "There is no proof that it was him."

Ho-Oh sharply glares at Lugia. "You have no idea how this makes me feel! It is an unforgivable crime to destroy..." He turns to his tower. "Such a beautiful and thoughtful gift from the humans." He tears up.

Lugia hangs his head slightly, glancing at David. "Could your.. Pokemon League.. rebuild it for him?"

David looks at Lugia. "With ease, if it pleases all involved."

Lugia looks at Ho-Oh, who is still staring sadly at the tower. Lugia sighs. "If Ho-Oh agrees to let you bring Entei before us for questioning and judgement, I will agree to his residence in this region given a peaceful treaty between us, of course"

Ho-Oh turns quickly. "Wait, what was that?"

Lugia rolls his eyes. "I am proposing we rebuild your tower, if you let them find Entei and bring him before US. Also, I will agree to your permanent residence in this region, if we can come to an agreement of peace between us."

Ho-Oh looks David over. "What is your full name?"

"Doctor David Brown." David replies.

Ho-Oh sniffs him, rearing his head back quickly. "You captured Zapdos?!"

David nods. 

Ho-Oh looks at Lugia. "This shall be my representative, in this matter."

Lugia shrugs. "Lady Kyla shall be my representative, since she has gained my favor by capturing Moltres."

Ho-Oh huffs. "Moltres always liked you more than me anyways."

Lugia smiles. "Opposites attract."

"Ignoring this obvious air of resentment, do we have a deal?" David asks.

Ho-Oh nods. "For the time being.." He turns to Lugia. "May I rest in Silver Cave?"

Lugia nods. "I normally reside on the Whirl Islands, so that is fine by me."

David smiles. "We shall get to work immediately." David whips out his phone and dials a number.

"Hello?" Jordan's voice comes from the other side.

"Jordan, listen. I need a team to Ecruteak City. Ho-Oh's tower has been burnt down." David says.

"Say no more. I will dispatch a team ASAP." Jordan replies.

"Thank you." David says.

"Send my apologies." Jordan says, hanging up.

David puts away his phone, turning to Ho-Oh and Lugia. "The rebuild is in progress." David turns to Kyla. "Might as well call Hermit.."

Kyla sighs. "I'll do this one."

Lugia and Ho-Oh look questioningly at each other.

Kyla pulls out her phone and reluctantly dials Hermit's number. The phone rings.

"Well, what an unexpected pleasure. What can I do for you, Miss Kyla?" Hermit answers.

"I need you here for a find and grab, there may be some added benefit to you for doing so.." Kyla replies.

"Where are you at?" Hermit asks.

"Ecruteak City, in the Johto Region." Kyla replies.

"I can be there within the hour." Hermit replies.

"Let me say one last thing." Kyla says with a serious tone.

"What's that?" Hermit asks.

"Ho-Oh and Lugia are off limits for all of us. Do not attempt to capture them. Understand?" Kyla asks, with a growl in her voice.

"10-4. I will be there shortly." Hermit replies, hanging up the phone.

"Is this Articuno's trainer?" Lugia asks.

Ho-Oh groans. "Another one captured?!"

Kyla nods. "Although he is not my favorite person in the world, he is more than a formidable trainer."

Ho-Oh looks at each of them. "Well, I am retiring until I am needed. I feel Gardevior would be happy to rest as well." Ho-Oh gives a slight bow to Lugia and flies off towards the south east.

Lugia watches him for a moment and then turns to the others. "I leave this to you two. I am confident you will not need my assistance, but if you do, you can easily find me on the Whirl Islands." Lugia nods his head to the right, in an odd bow, then flies off to the south west.

Kyla hurries to Gardevior's side as she reverts to her normal form and falls into her arms. "You look very tired, sweety."

Gardevior weakly chuckles. "You worry too much."

Kyla presents her Pokeball. "Get some rest. We will take things from here. Thank you."

Gardevior smiles. "Anything for you, Lady Kyla."

Kyla recalls her and stands, dusting off her knees. "Well, all we have to do is wait for Hermit now."

David pats Dragonite on the shoulder. "I think I will stick with you for this mission."

Dragonite roars happily.

Before Kyla and David can do anything else, her phone rings.

"Who..?" Kyla looks at the id. It is Blare. Kyla answers. "Hey, what's up?"

"I.. am not sure.. what I am looking at......" Blare's voice trails into static.

Kyla looks at the phone and then at David. "Well.. I guess she walked into a dead zone."

David looks back at her questioningly. "There are no dead zones in this region."

Kyla shrugs, putting her phone away. "I am sure she will call me back when she can."

Elsewhere, Blare's phone falls to the ground, popping and crackling with electricity. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430 11 11
There are Two parts to this Story first you will learn about their Parents Past as they Try to stop Some evil gang, that has involved themselves in t...
376 7 5
Remake of the original MSA. Book one of the "Adventure!" Series. Maverick, his sister Rika, and their friends embark on a life changing journey thro...
2.2K 55 22
The world of Pokémon is not as beautiful as you may imagine. Getting electrocuted by a Pichu is not something you can just laugh off. Being hit dead...
219K 5.5K 50
After being unable to pursue my dream of becoming a kick boxer, I decided to stop being so melodramatic and start exercising again. But God knows, ho...