Sidekick (Bts x reader)

By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Being the sidekick of your own life and frankly, I don't care. It was incredibly pathetic during High school... More

I'm
Nearing
The
End
Of
My
Fourth
Year
I
Feel
Like
I've
Been
Lacking,
Crying
Too
Many
Tears.
Everyone
Seemed
To
Say
It
Was
So
Great.
But
Did
I
Miss
Out,
Was
A
Huge
Mistake?
I
Can't
Help
The
Fact
I
Like
To
Be
Alone.
It
Might
Sound
Kinda
Sad,
But
That's
Just
What
I
Seem
To
Know.
I
Tend
To
Handle
Things
Usually
By
Myself.
And
I
Can't
Ever
Seem
To
Try
And
Ask for help.

It

3.6K 163 29
By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Life went on as usual. I became really good friends with Jin. Yoongi started talking a little bit more and Namjoon was the same as always.

For some reason, all three of them were busy on the weekends but that gave me time to upload more videos on my channel. I never really check on YouTube or Instagram or any other social platform for anything else besides the recommended songs it spews out. The type of songs the system knows I like.

Inspiration even hit me and I wrote another song.

After a few weeks, it was finally the holiday Yoongi, Namjoon and I planned. We were all super excited even if Yoongi didn't show it.

I already said my goodbyes to Jin. He wasn't super happy about it at first but when I told him I was just visiting my family, he quickly settled down again.

We all headed down to the airport. I was excited yet nervous. I didn't tell Mom that I was coming. I'm planning on surprising her. It would be fantastic if Felix is also at home.

I haven't heard much from Felix. I suppose he's busy. He's in a group called Stray Kids. I am honestly so proud of him. He is putting in a lot of work into his art. Sometimes I even check up on him on their Instagram. He looks so happy and that is all I could ever wish for him.

We boarded the plane and I was seated next to Namjoon, and Yoongi sat right behind me.
I hate airplanes and it was going to be a five hour flight so I plugged in my earphones and looked outside until we took off. I almost immediately fell asleep-more like passed out.

Namjoon was the one to wake my up once the torture was over. I open my eyes to the bright light shining through the tiny window. Namjoon handed me my hand luggage.

"We're here already?" I ask stupidly to Namjoon but he's a patient guy.
"Yip. Just landed" he says with a smile.
"Sorry I didn't-like-say much" I apologize.
"I just hate airplanes" I add on.
"Nah, it's all good" he says.

"Did you sit with that thing the whole time?" I ask, referring to his mask. I really don't understand.
"Yeah" he says as he hands Yoongi his hand luggage. I look behind me to see Yoongi completely covered in his face. He has a neck pillow, headphones, his mask and a beanie. I would laugh if I wasn't still on this plane.

I poke his neck pillow.
"You still alive?" He asks jokingly. I would've rolled my eyes and retort but I'm STILL on this plane. I just turn around and sink back on my seat. I feel drained.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asks through the gap of my seat and Namjoon's seat.
"I just need to get off this damn plane" I say as I put my hand onto my head. Yoongi chuckles at me.

"So your weakness is airplanes?" He asks, clearly amused. I just keep quiet. He laughs even more at this. I can feel Namjoon's pity radiating.

I finally see the people in the front starting to move. I immediately stand up and get myself standing in the plane's aisles. In my mind, I was cheering for the people to get out.

I finally get myself out the plane and wait for the other two just outside the plane. I feel so much better after standing on solid ground and the airplane smell almost gone. The two finally show up and we leave to get our luggage from the conveyor belt. Yoongi basically just stands there as Namjoon and I grab our not-so-light luggage.

We get all our luggage and I see a store up ahead.
"I'm just going to grab something to drink" I say.
"Me too" Yoongi says and we leave Namjoon with all the luggage outside the store.

I head straight for the iced-coffee while Yoongi headed for the coffee. I grabbed a coke for Namjoon and got a sandwich for all of us to share. Yoongi eventually appears and I silently take his drink and pay for everything. He doesn't even question my actions. We walk out and head back to Namjoon who was sitting on a bench, on his phone.

The two chat away as I drag behind them. I just need a little time to recover from the flight. We get to the car rental place and luckily Namjoon handles everything. We are guided to the car and Namjoon, and even Yoongi, packs the luggage in the car as I sit in the backseat. I lay down for a little while I rest my eyes but simply fall asleep. I wake up and it's dark around me. We are still on the road.

"Sleeping beauty is awake" Yoongi jokes. He is sitting in the passenger seat while Namjoon is driving.

"Feeling better?" Namjoon asks.
"Yeah" I say sluggishly as I lean against the car door.
"Are we almost there?" I ask.
"Yeah, just a few more minutes" Namjoon says. I look out into the town.

This must be their town. The town is lively. A skatepark filled with teenagers and kids. A few bars with a great vibe. The huge shopping mall in the center. Even a golf place. I used to play golf. I never played the game, just hit the balls.

"We're here" Namjoon announces as he pulls up into a drive through. The moment we pulled in, a lady came outside followed by a man. They started waving with huge smiles.

Namjoon doesn't even stop the car but Yoongi is already out the door. He immediately hugs the two. I'm guessing these two are his parents.
Namjoon stops the car and we climb out the car. Namjoon approaches the couple. I have no idea what to do with myself but to stand behind them.

"Namjoon!" The lady says with a smile and embraces him in a hug. The man just pats his back with a fond smile on his face.

"Where's dad?" Namjoon asks as he pulls back.
"In the house. He says it's too cold" the man answers with a chuckle.

"And who's this?" The woman asks kindly once she spotted me. I hold out my hand.
"Hello, I'm (Y/N)" I say with a smile. She goes in for a hug instead.

"You can just call me mom" the woman says. She's such a cute lady.
"Mom" Yoongi grumbles as he face palms. It's too dark so I can't see his face.

"Sorry Sorry. It's just-" she begins but Yoongi cuts her off.
"Let's get inside. It's freezing" Yoongi says as he hugs himself.
"Yes yes, you're right. You must be so tired from the journey" Yoongi's mom says as she leads me to the door of the house.

"Namjoon actually did all the work" I say sheepishly.
"That's Namjoon for you. Always such a hard worker" she says. I hear Yoongi grumbling behind me.

We enter the house and it's warm. It feels so homey. We enter the living room to see another man sitting on the couch. He gets up.

"Hey you two" the man says with a warm smile.
"Dad, it's been too long" Namjoon says as he gives him a quick hug. Namjoon's dad greets Yoongi with a nod and he nods back.

"That's because you don't visit" Namjoon's dad crosses his arms making him look bigger as he stands over Namjoon.
"I'm busy" Namjoon sighs out. It seems like he had this conversation with him before.

Namjoon's dad was about to open his mouth until Yoongi's mom cuts in.
"I'm sure they're tired and hungry" she says to ease the tense atmosphere.
"Starving" Yoongi says.

"Oh and this is (Y/N)" Yoongi's mom mentions me. I hold out my hand again but once again I am entered into a bone crushing hug.

Namjoon's dad doesn't just look big. He is big.

"So I've heard. It's so great to finally meet you" he says as he lets go of me.
"Nice to meet you sir" I say with a smile. Their parents are so cute.

"Let's eat. You must be starving" he says as he puts a hand on my shoulder and leads me to the dining table.

The rest follow us to the dining room.
"Has Jisoo arrived yet?" Yoongi asks his mom.
"Yes but she is dead tired. Don't wake her up now" his mother says threateningly into Yoongi's face.

"Yes yes" he surrenders as he puts his hands up.
"Oh dearie, you can sit here" Yoongi's mom switches to me with a smile referring to a chair.

"Thank you" I say as I sit down. It seems that everyone has their spot. Adults at the head of the table and I was sitting between Yoongi's mom and Yoongi. Namjoon sits across Yoongi. The food was already on the table.

"Did you have a great flight?" Yoongi's mom asks. How is she so cheerful while her son is-less so.

"Don't bother her mom. It's been a long trip" Yoongi grumbles as he plays with his food.
"It was long but we finally made it" I say, ignoring Yoongi. I can hear him huff next to me.

She giggles at me.
"I am so glad you convinced these two to finally come visit" she says with a gleaming smile.

"Mom" Yoongi grumbles.
"Oh yes, let's eat" she says. She takes my plate first.
"What would you like dearie?" She asks kindly.
"That is really not necessary. I can help myself" I try to turn her down politely.

"Nonsense" she says and turns back to the food and scoops a little of everything and sets the plate in front of me again.
"Thank you" I say and turn to my food.

"So...I heard a lot of things about you" Namjoon's dad speaks up. Namjoon almost chokes on his food.

"Not as much as what we heard" Yoongi's dad speaks up. The two dads look at each other with tense smiles. Yoongi looks like he wants to crawl into a hole as he sinks in his seat.

"Hopefully good things" I say to lighten up the mood a little.
"Very good things" Yoongi's mom speaks up.
"That's good to hear" I say as I laugh a little.

"How's it going here?" Yoongi speaks up before the parents could say anything else.
"It's so boring. I miss my cuddly bear" Yoongi's mom says with a pout. I release a huge smile, trying not to laugh at his nickname. It seems Namjoon also finds it amusing as he has the same expression as me.

"The food is great mom. Really" Yoongi grits out.
"So (Y/N), let me just get straight to the point. Are you dating my son?" Namjoon's dad speaks up. It's my turn to choke on my food. I swallow the lump in my throat. Namjoon seemed to tense in his seat.

"N-no sir" I splutter out.
"Hmm...I was sure-" he starts but gets cut off by Namjoon.
"Dad! How's work?" Namjoonsays more alarmed.
"Don't interrupt me while I'm speaking" his dad snaps his head to Namjoon.

"Now, what was I saying?" He adds on as he thinks.
"About work?" Namjoon repeats.
"Ah yes, since I'm retiring soon, I was just finishing up a few things. Then I will start building those remote control model planes and maybe even a car" he says.
"But couldn't be better" he adds on.

"You shouldn't overwork yourself" Namjoon says with concern.
"I'm not like you. I can't stare at a piece of paper for hours. I need to build something that I can physically touch once I'm done" he says. His dad sounds like quite the handyman.

"You don't have to either. Just take it easy" Namjoon says. His father was about to say something until Yoongi's dad cuts in.

"This guy will have a lot of free time on his hands so then we can finally play some golf" he says as he pats Namjoon's dad's back.
"That's right" Namjoon's dad says with a huge smile. I'm guessing they are good friends.

"Where will you all head out after your little stay?" Yoongi's mom speaks up as the two dads talk about other stuff.
"We are planning to have a road trip along the beach then we will head to her family's place" Namjoon speaks up.

"Oh really! Well then, you two better make a good impression, including you mister" she turns to Yoongi.
"I'm sure that's not going to be a problem" I say.

"Did you guys plan anything for tomorrow?" Namjoon asks her.
"Well, we wanted to show (Y/N) around a bit but I suppose you two could" Yoongi's dad says.

After dinner, Namjoon's dad showed me my room. I was in his house the whole time. Apparently, Yoongi lives right next door. Namjoon showed my around his house with Yoongi on our tail. Eventually, we get to Namjoon's room.

"So this is your room growing up" I say as I look around.
"It looks exactly the same" Yoongi comments.
"My dad didn't have the heart to actually go through with his plans on changing my room into another workshop" Namjoon says as he also looks around as well.

"Man, it really is how I left it" Namjoon says as he flips through a few books and dust came flying out. He starts coughing.

"I don't think you should sleep in here. This place is covered in dust" Yoongi says as he sits down on the bed and more dust came flying. He immediately stood up followed by coughing.

"Did he really just lock my door and never entered again?" Namjoon asks seriously more to himself.
"If my kid moved out, I would totally do something with the room or at the very least, turn it into another guest room" I say as I read the different books Namjoon had. He had way too many books for a teenager.

"Did you really read all this?" I ask as I flip through a book.
"Yeah, there's more in the basement" he says. I can feel him over my shoulder, watching which book I had in my hand.

"You can take a few" he says.
"I think I might" he adds on as he flips through another book.
"Cool. I'll take a look later then" I say as I put the book back onto the shelf.

"But seriously, I don't think you should sleep in here" Yoongi says.
"You can take my room. I don't mind sleeping on the couch" I suggest.

"No, my dad will throw a fit and besides, I don't want you sleeping on the couch anyway" he says.
"I would offer but my sister is probably sleeping like the troll she is" Yoongi says more to himself as he grits his teeth.

"I know we have an extra mattress here somewhere" Namjoon says as he walks out the door.

"Do you mind if I sleep in your room" Namjoon asks when he came back.
"Of course on the mattress. It's just really cold and the room's have heating" he tries to explain himself.

"Yeah, I don't mind" I say with a shrug. Yoongi looked like he was about to say something until his mother called for him.

"Yoongi! We're leaving!" She says.
"I guess that's my queue. I'll see you guys tomorrow" he says as he leaves. He seems tense.

(I do not own the video.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.4K 20
"Who are you?" "Sweetheart I'm your husband" "What?" Jungkook x Reader Fanfiction *Apologizing in advance this story is so bad but read it if you'd...
143K 2.5K 39
All the fantasies your heart can endure and more :) BTS x reader
78.6K 1.3K 28
[ bts x m/f! reader ] [ pls bear with my terrible writing ] [ cover by - milkmemo ] highest ranks : #106 → boyxgirl #88 → xmalereader #411 → junghose...
737K 26.3K 43
One girl Seven hybrids What could go wrong? Also thank you for the book cover! Credits to @taegularities- ©2019Randomgirl300