Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 46

4.2K 126 21
By Thompson1317

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"How is it going with the prosthetic arm," Sydney asks me.

"It's alright, definitely weird, but I did learn how to take a cap off a water bottle today," I say with a proud smile.

"That's great, Speedy," Ashlyn says and my smile grows.

"When do you guys start training," I ask.

"Two weeks," Ali says.

"Do you think I can come, to train," I ask and everyone looks at me.

"Of course," Alex says and she grabs my hand.

"We would love to have you back out there," Ashlyn says.

I guess I'm going back to soccer.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

"You ready?" Alex asks me as I step onto the treadmill.

"Honestly, no," I say and Alex chuckles.

"You just need to get used to running like this for playing, that's what Dr. Davis said," Alex says and she leans on the side, "She also said it would help with physical therapy."

I sigh, "Alright."

"Good, come here," Alex says and I look at her confused.

She pulls me down by my shirt and kisses me. "Good luck kiss," Alex says when she pulls away.

I smile, "Thanks baby."

"I'll be in the living room doing some work, if you need me just shout. I love you," Alex says and she starts to walk inside.

"I love you you too!" I shout and I hear Alex laugh.

I take a deep breath and turn back to face forward. I start up with just walking then I get to a light jog. It's not that bad right now.

After a few minutes I turn the speed up to a faster pace. Once I'm at a nice pace I just stay with it. I start to get used to the feeling and I smile. Once I start to feel tired I slow down the pace and come to a light jog. "Hey," Alex says walking in, "How's everything? You've been running for an hour."

My eyes widen when she says this, "An hour?"

"Yeah," Ales says walking towards me, "You sure you're ok?"

"I feel great," I say then step off the treadmill, "Just a little tired."

"Why don't we go take a shower?" Alex says while grabbing my hand, "Then we can just relax since you have physical therapy tomorrow?"

"That sounds perfect," I say with a bright smile then we go inside.
———
It has been one week since I ran on the treadmill and today is the first day of training. "You ok?" Alex asks when we stop at a light.

"Yeah," I say and Alex looks at me with a look. I huff a little, "Fine, no. I'm nervous."

"And that's understandable, baby," Alex says when the light turns green, "I believe in you, Sydney, Ali, and Ashlyn believe in you. Also, remember that Carson said she would be there to help and support you one hundred percent."

I nod, "You're right."

Alex smiles and we pull up to the practice field. We get out of the car and grab our things and head to the field. "Speedy!" Ashlyn tells once Alex and I step on the field.

My eyes go wide when I see her running to me. Ashlyn picks me up and spins me around. "Ok, Ash," I say while laughing.

"Sorry," she chuckles and sets me down.

"Hi, Y/N," Marta says walking over.

"Hey, Marta," I say with a bright smile.

She pulls me in for a hug and I hug her back. "It's good to have you back," Marta says.

"I'm glad to be here," I say then we pull away.

"Hey," Carson says walking over.

Marta places a hand on my shoulder, sends me a smile, then walks away to join the other girls.

"Hey, Carson," I say pulling her in for a hug once she reaches me.

"How are you doing?" Carson says once we pull away.

"Emotionally?"

Carson nods. "Afraid," I say and look down, "I just don't know if I'm ready."

"Hey, look at me," Carson says and I do, "You we're born ready. No matter what, Alex, me, Ashlyn, Ali, everyone will be here for you. I promise."

"Thank you," I say pulling Carson in for another hug.

"Of course," she says hugging me back.

"Y/N," I hear Marc say.

"Go ahead," Carson says and I give her a smile and walk to Marc.

"Hey, Coach."

"Hey, Y/N. You ready to train?"

"Yeah, I think I'll be good," I say and he smiles.

"Great, we're doing fitness testing today and then a scrimmage later, just wanted to let you know," Marc tells me.

"Thank you, Marc. I appreciate it," I say.

"Great, now go warm up," Marc says with a bright smile and I nod and walk to join the girls.

"What was that about," Sydney asks once I reach the girls.

"Just checking in," I say when we start to warm up.

"Alright girls," Marc says once we finish, "First, I just want to say welcome back. I know some won't be here for long due to the Olympics, but we are going to make the most of your time here. Today we will be doing fitness testing and then a little scrimmage after. Sound good?"

Everyone nods and Marc claps. "Great, first thing, beep test, pick a partner. One on the line. You all know how it works by now."

Alex grabs my arm and drags me over, "You're my partner."

"Sounds good, my love."

"Do you want me to go first," Alex asks.

"Can I? I just want to get it over with," I tell her.

"Of course," Alex says with a smile.

"Alright, first group step up onto the line," the fitness coach says.

"Let's see what you got," Ashlyn says standing next to me.

"Oh, you'll see," I say with a smirk and Ashlyn chuckles.

"You girls ready," Marc asks.

Everyone nods.

"Alright, let's begin."
———
I'm not sure how long I have been going now. I'm just paying attention to the sound, nothing else. I quickly look to my left and see that it's only me and Marta.

I continue to push myself because I know I can go a little longer. The team starts to cheer, but I block them out and focus on just reaching the line.

After going a little longer Marta stops, but I keep going wanting to prove that I deserve to be here. "Let's go Y/N," I hear multiple people say.

My legs start to ache more and I already know I beat the record. Once I cross the line coming back I stop out of breath. Alex helps me sit down and Ali gives me a bottle of water.

"Great job, Y/N/N," Ali says as she sits next to me.

"Thanks," I say with a smile while catching my breath.

"You ok," Alex asks me.

I nod and take a sip of the water. "I'm proud of you," Alex whispers.

"Thank you, baby," I say and Alex lightly squeezes my shoulder and gets ready for her turn to do the beep test.
———
We just finished the fitness testing and now we are getting ready for the scrimmage. "Alright, split into your normal teams. Y/N, I would like to talk to you," Marc says.

Alex looks at me confused and I just shrug. I follow Marc and we sit at the bench. "First, I just want to say that I am greatly impressed by fitness testing," he says.

"Thank you, Marc."

"Secondly, you're contract," he starts off, "We would like to offer you a contract. We have seen videos of you playing and we believe that you are the same as you were before."

"That's great," I say with a smile.

"But, other teams have reached out to us saying that they want to offer you one as well," Marc says and my eyes widen.

"What teams?"

"Portland, Sky Blue, and Chicago," he says.

"Wow," I say learning back against the bench.

"But, there are others," he says.

I look at him confused, "What?"

"Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester City want to offer you a contract as well."

I look at Marc with wide eyes and then look at the team. "When does my decision have to be in by?" I ask.

"Well, since we are already in the middle of the season, ASAP. For overseas, by July," Marc says and I nod.

"Can I have a few days to think about it," I ask him.

"Of course, you can continue to train with us, just let me know when you make your decision. Now go join Camila's team for the rest of the scrimmage," Marc says giving me a smile.

I nod and run over. Once I reach the team my eyes connect with Alex's and she sends me a bright smile.

What am I going to do?
———
"Y/N," Sydney says while I talk to some of the girls.

"What's up," I say walking over to her.

"There's someone who wants to see you," Sydney says gesturing begins me.

I turn around confused, but I instantly smile. "Auntie Y/N," Cassius says running to me.

I crouch down to his level and he jumps into my arms when he reaches me. "Hi, baby boy," I say as I hug him.

"I missed you," he says sitting in my lap when I sit on the ground.

"I missed you too," I say and he lays his head on my shoulder.

"What happened to your arm," Cassius asks pointing at it.

I sigh and look down at him. "I was just in a bad accident," I say.

"Ok," he says then stands up, "Can we play?"

"Sure, little one," I say standing up and grabbing a soccer ball, "Let's go."
———
Alex's POV:

I watch as Y/N starts to play with Cassius. I look over and see Sydney taking pictures and I smile.

"She's great with kids," Ashlyn says when she stands next to me.

"She is," I say when Y/N starts to chase Cassius.

"Have you guys talked about having kids?" Ashlyn asks me.

"We did, before everything happened, but not recently. We both agreed on wanting to have kids though," I say and turn to face Ashlyn.

"You both would be great parents," Ashlyn says.

"I agree," Ali says walking over.

I smile then look back at Y/N and see her tickling Cassius.

We would be great parents.
———
Y/N's POV:

Alex and I just finished taking a shower and I know I need to talk to her about what Marc told me. "Alex," I say walking to our bedroom.

"Yeah, babe?" Alex says walking out the bathroom in her shorts and sports bra.

"We need to talk," I say and she looks at me nervously.

"About what?" She says walking over.

"So, Marc offered me a contract," I say.

"That's great," Alex says excitingly.

"But other teams did too," I say.

Alex freezes, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"What teams?" Alex asks.

"Sky Blue, Chicago, and Portland," I start off and Alex seems to relax a little, "But also Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester City."

Alex's body tenses. "You're not thinking about signing with one of them right?" She asks me.

I take a deep breath and just look at her. "You are," Alex says shocked.

"Alex, let me explain," I say walking to her.

Alex holds her hand out and shakes her head. "Alex," I say pleadingly.

"I need to go for a little," Alex says grabbing a shirt.

"Alex, please," I say following her down the stairs with tears in my eyes.

"Just leave me alone, Y/N," Alex says putting her shoes on.

"Don't leave me again," I say pleadingly.

"I'm not, I just need time to think," she says grabbing the car keys and leaving the house.

Alex slams the door and the waterworks start. I walk to my room and grab my phone. I decide to text Ali and Ashlyn to let them know what happened just as a heads up.

I place my phone on the dresser and go to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and my eyes are red. My tears start to fall down my face thinking about what just happened.

I wipe my tears away then grab my phone and head downstairs and grab the other car keys. I head to the car and start driving. I get to a cliff on a mountain and park the car.

I take a deep breath and step out and walk to the edge. I sit down and just watch the view. After a few minutes I turn my phone on to see that I have multiple texts and calls from multiple people.

I sigh and call one of them. "Where are you," Hope asks when she picks up.

"Somewhere," I say and Hope sighs.

"Alex told us what happened. Are you really thinking about playing overseas?"

"I don't know," I say and lean against a rock, "It's a lot right now, Hope. I was just told today, it's not like I've known for weeks."

"I know, but imagine how Alex feels right now, your fiancée," Hope says and I look at the ground.

"I have to call someone," I say.

"Y/N-," Hope says, but I hang up.

I call the next person I need to talk to. "Y/N? What's up?" Marc says when he answers.

"Can you send me the contracts from Arsenal, Chelsea, and Manchester City?"
————————————————————————
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed. So, Y/N has been offered multiple contracts for the NWSL and FA WSL. Which one do you think she is going to pick? Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
Free Solo By Alex

Fanfiction

687K 17.3K 114
Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and she's been gone for almost 4 years. Wha...
195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...