Chapter 9

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

"Y/N," Alex says, "Do you think we will ever get back together," she asks me.

I sigh and look down, "I don't know," I say and see Alex looks down.

"For right now we should just stay friends until everyone gains my trust and I feel like nothing will happen again that results in me acting out," I tell her and she nods.

Once we arrive at the hotel I walk Alex to her room. "Thank you for tonight, Y/N/N. I had a great time," Alex says.

"Of course, I had a great time too," I say with a smile.

Alex hugs me, "Goodnight."

I hug her back, "Goodnight Al."

She pulls away and walks into her room. I sigh and head to my room. Once I get back to my room I freshen up and put on my pajamas.

I lay down in bed hoping I'm doing the right the thing.

———
Flashback: The day before Y/N leaves Utah

Y/N's POV:

"I think you should do it, Y/N," Tristan says while I'm on the phone with him.

I sigh, "I don't know Tristan," I say as I pack my clothes.

"They hurt you, Y/N/N, you need to hurt them back. They brought you down a dark path that you haven't finished yet," Tristan tells me.

I sit on my bed, "What will happen if I do that though? What will come out of it," I ask him.

"They will feel what you feel. They will realize and feel all the pain they put you through. All you have to do is act like you forgive them and then at the end break their hearts," he says.

I look down, "I'll think about it Tristan. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya tomorrow kiddo, bye," he says.

"Bye," I say and hang up.

I throw my phone behind me and put my face into my hands. What am I going to do?

———
Present

Today is February 27th, the day of the first SheBelieves Cup game for the U.S. Right now I'm laying in bed thinking about what Tristan told me a few weeks ago. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I should hurt the team and make them feel the pain I felt or not.

Ever since I went out to dinner with Alex everything seems great. The team has apologized an excruciating amount of times to the point where they sent me flowers with a card, brought me out to dinner, and even tried to sing a song to me which didn't turn out so well.

Alex has apologized a lot too and ever since I said we were friends her and I have been spending a lot of time together. When I'm with her I feel happy, but my heart still hurts.

I look at my phone and see that it's 5:30. The team has to bee in the conference by 6:00 for a meeting so we can leave at 6:30, the field is about 15 minutes away from the hotel. So when we get there they have 15 minutes to change, then they warm up before the game starts at 8:00.