Chapter 54

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"I need to get some air," I say walking past her out of the room.

I leave the hotel and sit on a bench right outside of the hotel. I take in the fresh air as I take a deep breath.

I just thought Alex and I were gonna talk about this. I thought we were going to talk about how we're going to have kids, but I guess she made that decision herself.
———

Present

Y/N's POV:

"I'm so fucking stupid," I mutter as I lean against my hand.

"You're not stupid," I hear and I look up to see Alex.

I sigh and look at the ground. Alex sits on the left side of me and grabs my hand. "I'm sorry I didn't let you explain," I say sitting up to look at her, "I was just in shock."

"I know," Alex says as she runs her thumb over my hand, "I should of told you before. I should of told you what I thought was best for our future."

"So tell me now," I say and she looks at me with surprise.

"Really?" Alex asks me.

"Yeah, tell me what you think is best for us. We both need to tell each other what we think," I say with a gentle smile.

Alex smiles and continues on. "I was hoping that we could have a child that is biological to both of. I looked into it and I have talked to doctors and there is a way for that," Alex says and I smile at the thought, "I want to get pregnant after the Olympics, but before our wedding."

I nod taking in everything that Alex just told me. "So," Alex says as our eyes connect, "What do you think?"

"You want my honest opinion?" I ask her and she nods.

"I think it is a great idea," I tell her and Alex smiles wide.

I wrap my arm around Alex's shoulders and gently pull her into me. We take in each other's comfort as the light wind flows through our hair. "Hey, lovebirds," Cheney says coming outside, "Be up in your room in thirty."

"You got it," I tell her and she gives us a thumbs up and walks back inside.

"You want to head inside now?" Alex asks while looking at me.

"Sure," I respond and I stand up reaching out my hand.

Alex grabs it and kisses my cheek as we interlace out fingers. We make our way to Alex's room and she pulls me into a hug once we get there. "I love you," she says as her head rests on my shoulder.

"I love you too," I respond and kiss the top of her head.

"See you tomorrow morning," Alex says pulling away but keeps her arms wrapped around my neck.

"Till tomorrow," I say with a smile and Alex let's out a soft laugh.

I lean and connect our lips. "Goodnight my love," I say when we pull away.

"Goodnight," Alex says with a smile then she goes into her room.

I walk back to my room and when I enter Crystal hands me a piece of paper. "Time to practice," she says and I chuckle.

I sit down at the edge of the bed and she hands me my laptop. I pull up the song I am practicing for the wedding while Crystal helps me.

After an hour I finally finish. "This is so frustrating," I say as I run my fingers through my hair.

"Hey," Crystal says making me look at her, "You got it. It's going to take time, I know you can do it."

"Thanks Crystal," I reply with a smile, "That means a lot."

"No problem, now get ready for bed," she says making me laugh.

"Alright," I say as I put everything away.

I then take my prosthetic arm off and change. Crystal turns the light off once I get into bed. My phone then starts going off multiple times. Crystal turns the light on and looks at me confused. I grab my phone and see texts from the team.

I go to click on them when a notification catches my eye. I quickly sit up and click on it. I'm then taken to a article and my heart sinks as I read the title, The Truth Behind Y/N' Y/L's Past.

"Oh my gosh," Crystal says as she looks at her phone.

I continue staring at the article when there is a frantic knock at the door. I don't move, but I hear Crystal get up. I hear her talking to someone when I hear my name called.

"Y/N," they say and I slowly look up.

"How did they find out?" I ask.

"I don't know, but we are going to figure it out," Cheney says and I slowly nod.

"So much for keeping that private," I say with a bitter chuckle as tears build in my eyes.

Fuck my life.

———

It is the next morning, I barely got any of sleep. My mind was running with thoughts. I get to the conference room where breakfast is. I feel eyes on me as I grab my food.

I sit next to Alex and no one else at the table says anything. "Hey," Alex says softly.

"Hi," I reply as I lean my head on her shoulder.

Everyone slowly starts to talk again and I sigh as I eat. "I'm sorry," Alex says quietly so only I can hear.

"It's not your fault," I say taking my head off her shoulder and looking at her, "I promise."

"I wish I could of been there last night, but you know how it is about us leaving our rooms," Alex says and I smile.

"I know," I say and I kiss her cheek.

My phone ringing and I sigh. I pull it out of my pocket and I see that it's my dad. "I gotta take this," I say standing up and waking out the room.

"Hey, Dad," I say once I'm in the hallway.

"Hi, honey. I just saw the article. How are you?" He asks.

"I honestly don't know. Mixed emotions right now," I say as I lean against the wall.

"I understand. You know that I'm here for you, I don't plan on leaving again," he says and I smile.

"I know, thanks Dad."

"Of course, I'll talk to you soon. Alright? Bye kiddo."

"Sounds good, bye Dad," I say and then I hang up.

I stay leaning against the wall. I then look to my right and see reporters outside the window and my eyes widen, "What the fuck?"

I have never seen this happen for any of us. I guess they want an insight on my fucked up past.

————————————————————————
Hi, everyone! It has been so long and I am so sorry for that. I've been extremely busy and I been trying to write as much as I can. I hope you enjoyed the update and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!