Chapter 27

Warnings: None
-------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

Most of them are shocked, some are frozen, and some are crying, but Alex is a combination of all three. I smile as I start to get closer to Alex and once I reach her I collapse in her arms, my legs too tired to hold me up anymore. Alex holds me tightly and cries into my shoulder.

"You did it, you walked," Alex says once she takes her head off my shoulder.

I laugh and wipe her tears away as she continues to hold me, "I sure did."

Alex pulls me back in for a hug and I relax into her arms. "GROUP HUG," Kelley screams and everyone comes into a hug and everyone starts congratulating me and tells me how proud they are of me.

Once the hug ends I speak up, "Why did you guys have to stand so far from the bench though," I say and everyone starts laughing and I smile.

This team is my family.

---

Present

Y/N's POV:

The team and I are on our way to France. Right now we are in London and everyone is getting on the bus to head to the airport. Fortunately, Dawn and Jill made sure I was the first person on the bus.

I am on my phone right now while everybody gets onto the bus. I am on Instagram right now and I see all the posts that I have been mentioned on. I decide to click on a random one and it is a photo of a girl probably around sixteen. For some reason she looks really familiar, but I can't figure out why. In the picture she is wearing one of the old jerseys and it has my last name on it. I read the caption and it brings a small smile to my face.

Hartley23: I can't wait to see the USWNT in action at the World Cup! I hope I see (yourusername), I know she isn't playing but she has been with them recently. I have been watching her ever since she started playing for Standford, it would be a dream come true to meet her. GO USWNT!

After I read the caption my phone is taken out of my hand, "Hey,"I say to the person as they sit down.

Kelley gives me a smile. "What are you doing Squirrel," I ask her with a chuckle.

"What, I can't sit with my best friend," Kelley asks acting offended.

"Of course you can, I'm just not sure how Alex will act when your in the seat and not her," I say and right when I say that Alex walks onto the bus.

Alex looks for me and once she finds me she sees Kelley. Alex pouts a little and I shrug, "I got here first," Kelley says and playfully sticks her tongue out at Alex.

"I'm sorry, babe," I say to Alex.

Alex sends me a smile and gives a playful glare at Kelley, "I guess I have to go sit with Allie," Alex says as she walks to the back of the bus.

"What's wrong sitting with me," Allie asks and Kelley and I start laughing.

Alex walks back and sits next to a Allie. Allie glares at her playfully and then they start cracking up.

I smile at their actions. "You missed her a lot didn't you," Kelley asks me making me look at her.

"I missed all of you guys," I tell her and she smiles.

"We all missed you too," Kelley says while grabbing my hand.

"Alright girls," Jill says as she gets on the bus, "We're all set to go!"