Chapter 31

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

"See ya soon, Speedy," Hope says and it brings a big smile to my face.

"See ya, Hopey," I say as I let go.

I head back to the hotel and once I get to the front I freeze. "What are you doing here," I say as I walk up to the man.

"I came to apologize and explain," my dad says as he stands up.

"I don't want to hear your explanation or your apology," I say as I turn to walk into the hotel.

Before I get into the hotel my dad says something, "I had to leave to save Hartley."
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I stop walking and turn to face my dad, "What do you mean to save Hartley?"

My dad sighs and looks down, "When I left, Vivian, my wife," he starts off and I look down, "She had been pregnant for eight months."

My eyes widen and I look back up at him, "Eight months?!"

He sighs, "Yes."

"How long were you cheating on mom before Vivian became pregnant," I ask him angrily.

"A year," he says quietly and I feel like all the air was knocked out of me.

"A year?! Is that why you had work trips every month? Why you missed most of my soccer games? Why you weren't there for my first day of high school?"

My dad sighs and looks at me with sad eyes, "Yes."

"Well that's just great, ain't it," I say sarcastically, "And you still left me in the end."

"It was for Hartley, though Y/N. You have to understand that," my dad says.

"And what about me? What about all the times I waited outside for you to come back? All the times I cried myself to sleep or yelled for you at night thinking you would hear me? All the times that I got sick and just wanted my dad to hold me," I say as tears start to freely flow down my face.

"I wanted to be there for you Y/N, I did, but Hartley would of died," he says and I look at him confused.

"When I left, Vivian had an emergency C-section. She got very sick and Hartley was born a month early so her body wasn't fully developed and she became very sick as well. I had to stay to pay for the medical bills for Vivian and Hartley because Vivian was struggling with money," my dad tells me and I just stood there looking at him.

"I couldn't let them die, Y/N. I love them both so much," he says.

"What about after though? After they got better and Hartley started to grow up? Why didn't you come back to at least see me? Do you not love me or something," I ask and my dad's eyes widen.

"Of course I love you, Y/N."

I scoff, "You have a funny way of showing it."

"I couldn't let Hartley grow up without a dad," he tells me.

"So you decided that I wouldn't have one? You couldn't even come see me at least once?"

My dad sighs and looks down, "I thought you would hate me."

"Even though you left me, I could never hate you," I say and look down, "I was hurt and I still am. How do you expect me to feel?"

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," my dad and steps towards me to give me a hug.