Chapter 52

Warnings: None.

(Disclaimer: Any games that happened before the Olympics will not be the same in the story.)
————————————————————————
Recap:

Kelley freezes and her eyes go wide. "Yes," she says making me smile, "I would love to be your maid of honor."

I smile wide and pull my best friend into my embrace. I feel tears on my shirt and I pull away. "Why are you crying?" I ask.

"I'm just so happy," Kelley says making me chuckle.

"You guys mind if I stay for a little?" I ask.

"That's a stupid question, come on," Emily says with a smile walking inside making all of us laugh.

This day has been great.
———
Time Skip: Two months before 2020 Olympics

Present

Y/N's POV:

"We have officially hit the two month mark," Lauren says as her and Hope stand at the front of the conference room, "Every player in this room are the one's representing our team, our country, at the 2020 Olympics."

Since there can only be eighteen people on the roster for the Olympics, a lot of people aren't here. It sucks with a lot of them not being able to be here, but unfortunately, it's the rules.

"If you didn't know or can't tell by the people around you, here is the roster," Hope says and a list of the roster shows on the big screen.

Goalkeepers (2):
- Alyssa Naeher
- Ashlyn Harris

Defenders (6):
- Abby Dahlkemper
- Crystal Dunn
- Ali Krieger
- Kelley O'Hara
- Emily Sonnett
- Becky Sauerbrunn

Midfielders (5):
- Julie Ertz
- Lindsey Horan
- Rose Lavelle
- Samantha Mewis
- Tobin Heath

Forwards (4):
- Alex Morgan
- Christen Press
- Mallory Pugh
- Y/N Y/L

"We will be honest, it was hard to cut people. They were cut because they had a personal situation to deal with, they are injured, or we believed that they were not fit for this roster," Lauren tells the group.

"These next couple of weeks will not be easy. You all need to be fit mentally and physically. As you know, 2016 was not a good year for this team," Hope says and Lauren places a comforting hand on her back.

My heart sinks thinking about it. The team losing in PKs against Sweden and then the entire situation with Hope. It was horrible.

"But this year," Lauren says, "This year will be different. We need to be focused on and off the field. We want to come back to America with another Olympic medal!" Lauren shouts which causes everyone to cheer.

"We are one team, one nation!" Hope yells making everyone cheer louder.

"We will not stop till the end," Lauren says as everyone starts to calm down.

"Now, here's what the schedule looks like leading up to the Olympics. We have three friendlies, Chile, Jamaica, and China," Hope tells the group.

"Now, on to roommates for the time we are in California. You will be with someone who we think you need to grow a stronger connection with. So with that being said, Tobin and Christen," Lauren says catching their attention, "You will not be together."

The team laughs at Lauren's words. "Same for you, Alex and Y/N," Lauren says making Alex and I immediately go silent which makes the team laugh harder.