Chapter 49

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

Once in the house my phone starts to ring. "Hello?" I say.

Alex kisses my cheek and heads upstairs to the kitchen.

"Hello. Is this Y/N Y/L?" The person asks.

"Yes," I say confused.

"This is Officer Wilson at Salt Lake County Jail. I would like to inform you that your mother will be released later today."
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

"What? How?"I ask in disbelief.

"There was an anonymous bail put in for her," Officer Wilson says.

"Are you kidding me?! That bail was over half a million dollars. Can you please tell me who bailed her out," I say as I start to pace around the room.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I cannot provide you that information," he says and I tightly grip onto my phone.

"I want to talk to your Chief," I say.

"Ma'am, I cannot-," Officer Wilson starts, but I cut him off.

"I want to talk to your Chief now or I swear I will come there myself," I say.

I hear the officer sigh, "Ok, ma'am. One second please."

After a few minutes there is a woman's voice, "Hello ma'am, this is Officer Blake. Chief of the department here."

"Hi, Chief. I would like to ask why my mother will be released after she almost tried to kill me," I say angrily.

I see Alex walk into the room looking very concerned.

"Like Officer Wilson said, there was an anonymous bail. I'm not sure if Officer Wilson mentioned, but your mother will be on house arrest. She must stay in a five mile radius of where she is staying," Officer Blake says and I almost scream.

"Please, Officer Blake, you cannot release her. I have been through so much because of her. Please don't do this," I plead as tears build up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am. You can file a restraining order if you would like. If any type of threat come towards you or any of your loved ones from your mother, she will be arrested," she says.

I sigh and tears stream down my cheeks. "I'll be in Utah soon to file it. Thank you," I say then hang up.

I throw my phone onto the couch and Alex quickly walks to me. She wraps her arms around me and I cry harder.

"Why?" I mutter as Alex rubs my back.

"I don't know, baby," Alex says.

She sits on the couch and pulls me into her lap. "Can you call Hope?" I ask.

"Of course, I'll be right back," Alex says getting up to get her phone.

I grab a blanket and lay on the couch. I set my phone on the table the I pull the blanket over me as tears continue to roll down my face. My eyes slowly start to close when I hear Alex start to talk. Then my eyes fully close and I fall asleep.
———
Alex's POV:

"I'm worried Hope," I say as I walk back into the living room to see Y/N sleeping.

"I am too, Alex. Does anyone else on the team know?" Hope asks.

"No, I'm going to call Kelley after," I say.

"You don't have to worry about that," Hope says and my eyebrows furrow.