Bartender || Ateez P.SH ✓

Par simply_a_fan

park seonghwa is an ordinary student, working at a bar for extra cash. one day, he sees jihae walking in, rea... Plus

author's note.
sad.
friends.
school.
siblings.
home.
hangout?
new friend.
late.
number.
more?
project.
meet up.
them.
planning.
fishy.
yeseul.
chocolate.
dinner.
interview.
stuck.
out.
sweet.
threat.
set.
gammie.
win.
performance.
try out.
boo.
treat.
numb.
bro.
ouch.
yow.
flashback.
date.
what?
sick.
closer.
celebrate.
happy.

fest.

2.6K 132 26
Par simply_a_fan

before everyone knew it, it was already the first day of the event.

students from each field bought balloons, made posters and banners to support their teams.

they were currently on the court, audience roaring from excitement.

jihae was huddled together with her teammates.

"alright, no pressure. just have fun." their team captain smiled.

there were a total of six courses playing volleyball, and this game was against science and biology.

the players ran through the court to hi touch each other as a sign of good sportsmanship.

they got into their position and a whistle blew indicating that the match has started.

the game went on for more or less forty minutes. during that time, jihae was encouraged by her brother, soyeon, and yunho who were on the sidelines.

even though jungkook had to officiate the game, he was still giving her instructions to have a better chance at winning.

it was a fast game due to the competitiveness of the psychology team. fortunately for them, they won.

both teams congratulated one another and moved on to congratulate themselves.

-

the second day came along quickly. jihae didn't have any games to play since she chose to play only one sport.

she decided to use the free time to support her friends. meaning, she had to run from court to another court everytime the game ends to see everyone on them.

eunwoo's and yunho's majors were playing against each other in a game of basketball. jongho also played badminton against dahyun. last but definitely not the least, it was san's game of volleyball.

together with wooyoung, they tried their best to get their asses moving.

they first went to yunho's game where, to their surprise, mingi, hongjoong, and soyeon were already there.

"i thought you wanted to support dahyun." jihae wiggled her eyebrows at her sister who scoffed playfully.

"yunho and eunwoo are my friends, too. and joong invited me to take a seat so why not?"

"speaking of, isn't jongho having a badminton match soon?" wooyoung questions the males

mingi scratched his head. "seonghwa hyung and yeosang are with him. he'll be fine."

"it's starting!"

the timer begun as cheers erupted from the crowd.

"eunwoo oppa!"

"baby bear yunho!"

high-pitched voices were heard squealing behind them but they just ignored it, hoping to go deaf soon.

some time went by and yunho's team was leading with ten points.

"fuck it up, jeong yunho!" mingi yelled, earning warnings from hongjoong and laughs from the rest.

they cheered for their friends, and at the end the computer science major declared victory. eunwoo ran to him and gave him a headlock as he congratulated him.

-

wednesday. yes, the third day of the festival already arrived.

it was also the day of jihae's second match, which was against culinary, a.k.a san's team.

wooyoung told her that he'll be supporting san because it would seem like he's betraying his major, and yunho was there. of course, jihae understood.

they were doing some stretching when she suddenly heard, "ji! you better win!" she looked at the bleachers and saw her tall best friend waving his hand.

it seemed like he was gesturing to people beside him. the obvious and loud one was mingi. she squinted her eyes and laid eyes upon a certain ravenette she hasn't seen for days.

her eyes lit up and she waved at him. seonghwa mirrored her grin and mouthed a good luck.

the sophomore didn't know why she felt good seeing that. she continued warming up as the team gathered.

they formed a line and jogged towards the center of the court, greeting the opposing team.

san gave her a dimpled smile as she wished him good luck.

they stood in their places as the first serve happened.

thirty minutes in the game, and there was no clear winner yet. the culinary major was definitely putting up a fight. not all of them, jihae could tell.

out of six players, it was clear that half of them were average and the other three were carrying the team. most especially, san.

she didn't even know what role he played as. he did everything. from spiking to receiving to setting to blocking, he did it all with minimum help from the other two.

she could hear him mumbling, "just keep the ball up" or "don't get rattled when the ball comes" to the others. she could also hear wooyoung's screeching but she'll talk about that another time.

three sets have passed and jihae's team won two of them. currently, the moment was slightly nerve-racking as they played the fourth set since they could score for the win or fuck up and play another set. just one more point. she thought.

the score was 23-24, in favor of psychology. it was the other team's serve and-

"psychology wins!" the announcer yelled.

it took the sophomore some seconds to comprehend what happened. it was a service error and the ball didn't go through the net.

her team yelled along with the crowd, excited that they were going to compete for first place.

after the mini celebration, she went to the bleachers where three boys were waiting. "we won!" she beamed.

yunho stopped her from getting closer. "you're sweaty. ew."

she glared at him, then immediately softened her eyes as they made contact with seonghwa's.

"you did amazing!" the junior seemed like he was just as hyped up as her.

"stop. i didn't even do much." she tried to humbly replied but her best friend's teasing didn't help.

"oh, and here." he handed her a bottle of water and a hand towel.

she smiled in gratitude as she took them and may be even turned slightly pink. she didn't know whether it was the game earlier or from blushing. either way, she felt hot.

"guys!" a certain silver haired, along with his boyfriend, called. "congrats, ji!"

she purposely ignored wooyoung and waved at san. "san! you were so good."

"i try." he bashfully admits. "congrats on winning!"

"this means you'll be competing against jongho's team!" mingi piped up. "be careful."

jihae and yunho laughed seeing the concern on the redhead's face. they turned to seonghwa and saw him wearing the same expression.

"that game was to determine who'll go up against jongho's team? oh, thank god." the boy beside wooyoung sighed in relief.

"is jongho that good?" the girl asked since they all seemed like they have a grudge averse to him playing sports.

"not only is he good, he goes coo-koo playing 'em." mingi circled his finger beside his head.

wooyoung and yunho looked at the eldest for to see if he was kidding.

"i wish he was joking, but jongho literally obliterates people in sports." seonghwa said.

"one time he invited us to play beach volley, did a spike and made the ball flat." san pouted, recalling the event. "it was my favorite ball."

"the only person who loved watching us play with him was yeosang. he says we deserve all of jongho's attacks." the redhead scowled.

jihae's eye moved to her best friends who looked scared.

"oh, dear. this is gonna be something to watch." yunho exasperated.

wooyoung followed with an aggressive nod.

"she looked fine? she wasn't crazy." san told his boyfriend who instantly disagreed.

"she's like a mini jungkook. and we all know how he is."

the girl rolled her eyes at them. "c'mon. i'm not as bad as him."

"keep telling yourself that, ji." the blonde faked sympathy. "you literally told me to be a net because you two wanted to be 'more extra' in deciding on who pays for food."

"you're tall!"

"that was the first time i was thankful for my height." the silver haired said.

realizing that her defensive manner just made her seem like a terrible friend, she sighed in defeat.

"where's jongho, by the way? i haven't seen him since his badminton game." she tried changing the topic.

"playing basketball." mingi informed. "we're telling you, he's in an unhealthy relationship with sports."

"he's playing three sports?"

"and one performance for cultural events." san extended.

"knowing him, he'll do more if it wasn't in the rules." the junior told them.

"wow." was all the newly informed people could let out. they weren't as productive as him during freshman year.

"should we go to the stands? there are a lot of good food." mingi suggested.

"are you paying?" seonghwa questions.

"not for you, hyung." he returned the older's sarcastic smile.

"yeah, he already bought me a macchiato this morning." the tallest defended.

"i'll get changed first." jihae said as she took her things.

"me, too." san did the same, but wooyoung got them before him.

"i'll come with you."

the couple made their way to the men's bathroom.

"i guess i'll go, too." the girl skipped to the female restroom.

a few minutes after freshening up, she went back where her friends was only to see seonghwa left.

"where are the others?" she asked, hoping this wasn't one of yunho's-

"yunho said he wanted to get food and mingi agreed with him. i couldn't really leave you here so i stayed." the junior explained, making the girl bite her lower lip.

"i can't believe those two just ditched me for food." she sulked, but she wasn't entirely sad. "how 'bout san?"

"he texted me saying that they saw a photo booth and wanted to take a picture with woo."

jihae nodded. "thanks for waiting."

seonghwa smiled. "you ready to go? i was tempted with food but you're more important."

"i'd go for food all the way. i'm flattered." she joked.

"and i'm hurt." he clutched his chest dramatically.

"you know i'm kidding."

after joking around, seonghwa managed to persuade her to let him carry her things.

"were you busy? i didn't see you around." the sophomore haven't really had contact with him.

"ah, i was practicing for something." it seemed like he was hesitant to tell her.

"is it a performance like jongho's?" she pushed, quite curious what it's for.

seonghwa lets out a breathy laugh as if he got caught. "kinda?"

she narrowed her eyes at him. "i'm definitely watching you."

"it was suppose to be a surprise but now you know." he said in a surrendering manner which made her laugh.

"you have a big day tomorrow. you should relax today." the junior claimed.

"it's like my mom is here." she shook her head.

"hey! mrs. jeon should be here. she's great." seonghwa asserted.

"i bet she missed you, too, hwa." the girl teased.

they got so caught up in their playful banter that they forgot other students were paying attention to them.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

56.6K 2.5K 23
Two people start talking on an messenger app not knowing that the other is actually their friend Trigger warning! Drugs, alcohol, mature content and...
4.8K 157 25
Yunho is school rep, he runs the schools dance program beside the teacher and is extremely popular, he's known as the schools Prince Charming. He fin...
2.6K 212 21
In which Kim Hongjoong falls heads over heels for law student Park Seonghwa ft. Woosan, Yungi and Jongsang mostly a chatfic! !crossposted on ao3!
51.1K 2K 28
*𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓲𝓰 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻* Yeosang had a pretty bad life. His mother passed away when he was still young, his father was practically non-existent...