The Enticing Proposal

Por Starrmazing

Mr. Billionaire makes a proposal of marriage to a beautiful baker woman. She is to be his wife in a loveless... Más

The Enticing Proposal
Prologue: Chicken Bride
Chapter One - Eight Months Later
Chapter Two - Unexpected
Chapter Three - Lacking Respect
Chapter Four - Inconceivable Proposal
Chapter Five - Heavy Thoughts
Chapter Six - Agreement
Chapter Seven - Set In Motion
Chapter Eight - Contract
Chapter Nine - Trust
Chapter Ten - The Browns
Chapter Eleven - Media's Interest
Chapter Twelve - It's Happening
Chapter Thirteen - I Do
Chapter Fourteen - Next Step
Chapter Fifteen - Officially Home
Chapter Sixteen - Back In Action
Chapter Seventeen - Eyes Say Everything
Chapter Eighteen - The Ex-Fiancé
Chapter Nineteen - Crossing A Line
Chapter Twenty - Preparing For The Evening
Chapter Twenty-One - Trust & Plots
Chapter Twenty-Two - Passions
Chapter Twenty-Three - Happy
Chapter Twenty-Five - The Cameras Don't Lie
Chapter Twenty-Six - It Hurts So Much
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Captured Heart
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Confessions & Explanations
Chapter Twenty-Nine - It's You and Me
Epilogue: One Year Later

Chapter Twenty-Four - Crashing Quickly

4.4K 309 71
Por Starrmazing

—S E X U A L C O N T E N T—

Kira gasped at the familiar feeling at the pit of her stomach. Something so powerful only Giovanni could make her feel. Then it got better when she felt him twitch inside of her, releasing into the condom.

Breathlessly, Kira fell upon his chest with a smile upon her face, never feeling so satisfied. Everything he's been doing to her for the past few days has been amazing and she wasn't complaining with all the intimate things they've been doing.

Not only have they been having a lot of sex but they spent time together. Something simple as watching a movie together, talking with a glass of wine here and there, and even just being around each other.

Every time Kira told him something, she felt she was allowing a part of herself to let him into her heart. She only hoped to tell him how she truly felt about him soon.

"You're an amazing woman." Giovanni breaths, rubbing small circles on her back.

Her smile widens. Lifting her head from his chest, she placed her palms together flat on his chest, resting her head on them, and staring into his eyes.

"Hopefully amazing in other ways than sex." She meant it as a joke but Giovanni didn't like it so much.

His fingers combed through her hair as he looked down at her with firmness and certainty.

"When I tell you that you are amazing, I mean it, Kira. I enjoy being around you. I don't call what we have just sex. More like...lovemaking. Because I feel everything you give me."

Blushing, Kira looked away from him, staring out of the window. Their peaceful silent moment was interrupted by an incoming call.

Giovanni reached over, grabbing his phone. He saw that it was his assistant, Mark Devar, calling. Answering it, he pressed the phone into his ear.

"What can I help you with, Mark?" He asked, his fingers still playing in Kira's wild hair.

"Leah Summers has shown up and is waiting in the private lobby."

Frowning, Giovanni tensed at the name. He forgot all about showing off the desired house she chose. And today was the day they were supposed to go check it out. Sighing, not really in the mood to go, he knew he had a job to do.

"I'll be there in thirty minutes." And with that, he ended the call.

Kira looked up, their eyes locking and she could see that something was wrong.

"Is everything alright?"

He nods stiffly, bending down and pecking her lips.

"I have to go to the office for a while." He removed his arm from around her, pulling the sheets off him before standing tall in his naked glory.

Kira pulled the sheets up her naked body, watching as the muscles worked while pulling on his clothes. She observed him closely and she could see that he wasn't in the mood to go do whatever they needed him to.

"I can come to help you if..." Her voice trailed, not knowing what she could help with since she knew nothing about real estate.

That put a smile on his face. "I appreciate it, baby. But I'll be done within the next two hours." He walked over to her, taking her in a long, passionate kiss. "I'll be back."

"Okay."

Leah tapped her feet against the hard floor, waiting for Giovanni. As time continued, she was getting impatient. She knew without a doubt that he was fornicating with Kira. The snobby woman without an actual money-making job.

She did more research on Kira and she thanked the private investigator for doing their job. Leah knew everything she needed to know about little miss Kira Sanders.

Just thinking about the entire thing made her interested. Something wasn't right between the 'power couple' of Phoenix. It made her question how Giovanni come from sleeping with numerous women then going to Las Vegas and finding a random woman to marry. Something bigger was going on and she felt she was so close to uncovering it all.

The familiar ringtone hit her ears. Quickly digging in her purse, she pulled out her phone and smiled when she saw the PI's name flash across the screen.  She pressed the green icon and held the phone up to her ear.

"What do you have for me?"

"There's proof of Joshua Atkins, the Browns family lawyer, was spotted with Giovanni and Kira. A friend of mine was also able to do some thorough digging and you won't believe what was found."

Leah glanced around, making sure no one was listening. "What is it?"

"Turns out the marriage of Giovanni Brown and Kira Sanders is all staged. Of course, we all knew that Giovanni Brown was admitted to the hospital due to alcohol poisoning but we never knew how he got there. Well, Kira Sanders was a stranger and has done a good deed by saving them and after some bribing, we got a little more. It was a rocky start between them but Giovanni appeared at her bakery."

"And?"

"Kira's father, Ben Sanders, owes a lot of money to people and was not capable to continue upholding the bakery. So, Giovanni made her an offer on marriage and in return, pay for everything. Even for the remodeling."

"Interesting," Leah smirked, feeling gleeful inside. "And what's the proof on the staged marriage?"

"They both signed an inked contract."

Before she could ask more, she spotted Giovanni walking inside the empty lobby.

"I have all that I need."

"But there's more that you need to know, Leah. Giovanni and Kira are seri—"

And without letting the PI man finish, she ended the call, standing to her feet. Giovanni was in front of her looking handsome as always.

"Gio, glad we had the time for this today."

He nods, gesturing towards the door. "Ready to see the house?"

Yes, that was the plan but after getting a little more on this staged happy marriage between Giovanni and Kira, things have changed.

"Actually, I was hoping we could go out for lunch and talk a bit."

The moment his lips turned down, Leah moved to grab his arm. "Come on. I promise not to waste your time. I have more things to discuss with you about my dream house."

"Look, Leah—"

"It won't be long." She pushed.

Sighing, Giovanni agreed out of the simple fact of being nice.

Twenty minutes later, the two found themselves outside of Lola Coffee at a table for two. Leah smiled, facing Giovanni who didn't look comfortable sitting across from her.

"Relax, Giovanni. I won't bite unless you want me too." She smirked, lifting her menu. "Oh, the unlimited salad seems scrumptious. What do you think?"

"I already ate."

"Really? You don't look like it. Has Kira been feeding you well?"

His eyes narrowed, this time, a smirk playing on his lips. "She has actually. I can't get enough."

Jealously washed in quick. Leah frowned, disgusted by his response. "I'm sure I've fed you better."

"Don't be disrespectful, Leah. You said you wanted to go over more details about the house."

"And I did. Just wanted to make things clear."

"What are you trying to make clear?"

"That I always come first. I made the mistake of not walking down that aisle. I just wasn't ready to take that step with you yet."

Sighing, Giovanni shook his head. "I understand people get cold feet but you embarrassed not only yourself but me and our families. Myself, more so."

"And I'm sorry for it. I still love you Giovanni and I want us to be happy like we once were."

Looking around, Giovanni didn't see the point of having this conversation here in the open.

"You and I both know that's impossible. Look," He released a calm breath. "We shouldn't even be talking about this in public. There was a time I loved you Leah but not anymore. I love someone else."

Hearing that, Leah's anger consumed her. "Do you truly love that woman or are you just saying that so people can believe the union between you two is real as can be."

"I don't know what you are insinuating—"

"I know everything, Giovanni." She blurts. "I know the truth behind this marriage between you and Kira. You both signed a contract and lying to the media about how deep you are in love."

A dark look crossed over his features, a look Leah has never seen before. It made her pause for a moment, thinking if she should have confessed what she thought she knew was true.

"I suggest you put this behind you."

One of her brows arched in shock. "Is that a threat?"

"No, it's a warning to leave me and mine alone." His voice was low, his anger on being held by a thin thread.

"And if not? Please enlighten me, Giovanni. You and I both know the moment I expose you to the media, it's over. Your reputation will be over a done. And Kira, boy, would she be called so many names. She'll maybe never restore Mommy's bakery."

"What the hell do you want from me, Leah."

"I want you and I want you to be the father of my unborn child."

"What? Unborn child? Are you out of your mind?"

"For you, yes I am." Leah placed the me down, standing from the chair. "You have twenty-four hours to chose how you want this to go. Me or her, Giovanni. You have a nice day."

Once Leah left out the restaurant, Giovanni felt his blood boil. Leah was not in the correct mindset. He believed her issues ran further.

So what if he chose Leah? That doesn't guarantee any feelings for her not towards an innocent child that wasn't his. But it would guarantee problems between himself and Kira.

Over the past few weeks, hell, since first meeting Kira, Giovanni has found himself changing. Kira was the light to his darkness and he only wanted better with her. She's found a way to break his vow on never loving another woman ever since Leah broke his heart.

Kira captured his heart. Her name branded.

Running a frustrated hand over his face, Giovanni closed his eyes. He didn't know what to do at this moment. It was clear Leah had people on her side and she would not hesitate to expose everything.

Maybe even tweak the truth to make things worse.

Fuck, He thought.

He should have never allowed her to find a way to creep back into his life. She was forcing him to choose her and if not, she will ruin everything.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

125K 2.7K 25
If it wasn't hurt it wasn't love, loving means hurting but a true love can bring all of the pieces. Love means a lot it can change us but it can also...
2.6M 91.2K 44
#DarmetirSeries BOOK I (Can be read separately) *** "Do that again." He growls. I close my eyes, tears are starting to form in my eyes. "Cry. Show me...
893K 49.1K 107
"I love you god knows I do but I can't do this. I can't. I put up with the phone calls, the text messages, social media, random chicks, not coming ho...
2.8M 54.3K 163
Fragment: "Unexpectedly, your mother became pregnant once again. We were extremely happy about it, but once the doctor said that it is a girl, I was...