Havi of the Earth Kingdom

By _Unina05_

Havi is the older sister to Haru. While her brother is an earthbender, she was born without that gift but is... More

Introducing Havi
Chapter 1: Imprisoned
Chapter 2: Imprisoned
Chapter 3: Winter Solstice Part 1
Chapter 4: Winter Solstice Part 2
Chapter 5: The Waterbending Scroll
Chapter 6: The Waterbending Scroll
Chapter 7: Jet
Chapter 8: Jet
Chapter 9: The Great Divide
Chapter 10: The Storm
Chapter 11: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 12: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 13: Bato of the Water Tribe
Chapter 14: Bato of the Water Tribe
Chapter 15: The Deserter
Chapter 16: The Deserter
Chapter 17: The Northern Air Temple
Chapter 18: The Waterbending Master
Chapter 19: The Waterbending Master
Chapter 20: The Seige of the North Part 1
Chapter 21: The Siege of the North Part 2
Chapter 22: The Avatar State
Chapter 23: The Avatar State
Chapter 24: The Cave of Two Lovers
Chapter 25: The Cave of Two Lovers
Chapter 26: Return to Omashu
Chapter 27: The Swamp
Chapter 28: The Blind Bandit
Chapter 29: The Blind Bandit
Chapter 30: The Chase
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Bitter Work
Chapter 33: The Library
Chapter 34: The Library
Chapter 35: The Desert
Chapter 37: The Serpent's Pass
Chapter 38: The Drill
Chapter 39: City of Walls and Secrets
Chapter 40: City of Walls and Secrets
Chapter 41: The Tales of Ba Sing Se
Chapter 42: Lake Laogai
Chapter 43: Lake Laogai
Chapter 44: The Earth King
Chapter 45: The Earth King
Chapter 46: The Guru/The Crossroads
Chapter 47: The Awakening
Chapter 48: The Headband
Chapter 49: The Painted Lady
Chapter 50: The Painted Lady
Chapter 51: Sokka's Master
Chapter 52: The Avatar and The Firelord
Chapter 53: The Runaway
Chapter 54: The Runaway
Chapter 55: The Puppetmaster
Chapter 56: The Puppetmaster
Chapter 57: Nightmares and Daydreams
Chapter 58: The Invasion
Chapter 59: The Invasion

Chapter 36: The Serpent's Pass

707 32 30
By _Unina05_

Ayyyyyeee we're to 7k reads :))) thanks chicas, chicos, and chicxs

Havi's pov

As usual after a long adventure, the group and I were taking another break by a pond and waterfall. When Aang finished having his breakdown in the desert, the sandbenders led us to safety once again so here we are. Just relaxing as if the world isn't on fire.

Other than Aang and Katara's swimming, it was pretty calm so I decided to take a peak at the book the fox gave me. I lean against a tree and stroke the cover, The Clairvoyant Gift by Spirit to Man. Okay, here we go, I guess. I open the first page and begin reading,

Clairvoyance, the extra sense by which spirit owned and sacrificed to the mortal world. This ability is one to enhance the perception of those who wield it and give an extra sight into a world no other will see. When all others are blind, they will have light. While others have fog, their path is clear. This may come in many different forms of the same muscle. All have one goal. Some are more drawn to areas of great spiritual beings, they shall be able to feed off their energy. Some know of things before they are, they shall feel for the future.
Some take on the emotion of others, they shall free sufferers of their burden. All must use the gift to enrich their own and others' minds.

Gotta say, I am lost. What does this have to do with me?

"Waterbending bomb!" Katara jumped off a large cliff into the pond below, splashing gallons of water over Sokka and his poor scrolls.

"Sure, 5,000 year old maps from the spirit library. Just splash some water on them," Sokka grumped while trying to air them out.

"Told you that would happen!" I shout as reminder that I warned him not to be so close.

Katara rings out her hair then bends the water from the papers, "Sorry."

We all walk over to Sokka and his map. Aang asks, "did you figure out what route we're gonna take?"

"Okay, we just got out of the desert so we must be around here," He points to location, "and we need to go to Ba Sing Se, which is here. It looks like the only passage connecting the south to the north is this sliver of land called the serpent's pass."

"Are you sure that's the best way to go?" I questioned him. It sounded pretty sketchy to me.

"It's the only way. I mean it's not like we have Appa to fly us there."

Katara snapped at her brother, "shush up about Appa. Can't you at least try to be sensitive?"

"Katara it's okay," Aang tells her, "I know I was upset about losing Appa before, but I just wanna focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and telling the earth king about the solar eclipse."

"Oh, well, okay. I'm glad you're doing better."

"Then to Ba Sing Se we go. No more distractions," Sokka rolls up the map as new people join us.

"Hello there, fellow refugees!"

I point, "Sokka, I found a distraction." It was a man and two women, one of whom was obviously pregnant, "Are you guys headed to Ba Sing Se?"

"Sure are," the man tells us, "We're trying to get there before my wife, Ying, has her baby."

Katara smiles, "great! We can travel through the serpent's pass together."

The woman, Ying, gasps, "the serpent's pass? Only the true desperate take that deadly route."

"Deadly route? Great pick, Sokka," Toph pushes him over.

Sokka rubs his arm, "Well, we are desperate."

"You should come with us to full moon bay. Ferries take refugees across the lake. It's the fastest way to Ba Sing Se," the man informed just before his wife continued,

"And it's hidden so the fire nation can't find it."

I hum, "peaceful ferry ride or deadly pass?" I get a glare from Sokka.

• • •

As promised, the refugees led us to full moon bay. "I can't believe how many people's lives have been uprooted by the fire nation," Katara says while looking at the large group of people in need.

"They're all looking for a bit of life safe behind the walls of Ba Sing Se," Than explained to us as we go our separate ways.

We stood in line for a ticket while the lady stamping them started to yell at a customer, "I told you already, no vegetables on the ferry! One cabbage slug could destroy the entire ecosystem of Ba Sing Se! Security!"

A platypus bear breaks a large cart of cabbages as the owner cries out, "gah! My cabbages!"

How familiar..

"Next!" We walk up to the ticket desk.

Aang speaks for us, "Four tickets for the ferry to Ba Sing Se, please."

"Passports," the lady grumbles.

"Uh, no one told us we had to have passports."

I step in, "don't you know who this is? He's the avatar."

"I see 50 avatars a day and by the way, not a very impressive costume," she points over to a group of people dressed up like Aang, "besides, no animals allowed. Do I need to call security?"

Aang backs down, "that won't be necessary."

"Next!"

Toph walks up, "I'll take care of this," she slides a paper on the desk, "my name is Toph Beifong and I need five tickets."

The lady's eyes widen, "Oh, the golden seal of the flying boar. It is my pleasure to help anyone of the Beifong family."

"It is your pleasure," She takes me by the arm, "As you can see, I am blind, this is my sister and these three imbeciles are my valets"

"But the animal?"

Toph interrupts, "Is my seeing eye lemur."

"Well, normally it's only one ticket per passport but this document is so official, I guess it's worth five tickets," she stamps all the tickets and gives them over.

"Thank you very much,"  We follow Toph away.

"All right, we scammed that lady good!" Sokka yells, "but why did Havi get to be your sister while we're all your servants?"

I put a hand on his chest, "Cause she likes me more, duh."

"Actually it's cause you had earth kingdom clothes on," Toph explained, "and she's the least annoying out of all of you."

"I'll take it!"

Suddenly, someone grabbed Sokka by the collar, "tickets and passports, please."

He gets all nervous, "Is there a problem?"

"Yeah, I got a problem with you. I've seen your type before. Probably sarcastic, think you're hilarious, and let me guess, you're traveling with the avatar," okay who is this girl.

"Do I know you?"

She grabs his shirt, "you mean you don't remember? Maybe you'll remember this" she kisses Sokka's cheek and his face lights up.

"Suki!"

Okay, ouch. I mean we aren't together but damn.

They hug, "Sokka, it's so good to see you!" We lead her over to the rest of the group.

Katara welcomes her happily, "you look so different without your makeup and the new outfit."

"That crabby lady makes all the security guards wear them, and look at you sleeveless guy. Been working out?"

I REPEAT! Who is this chick and why is Sokka eating it right up?

"Eh, I'll grab a tree branch and do a few chin touches every now and then. Nothing major."

I start getting frustrated and beside me Toph whispers, "calm down, why are you so mad?"

"How do you know I'm mad?"

"I can feel your heart rate going through roof. Cool it."

Aang asks Suki "Are the other Kyoshi warriors around?"

"Yeah, after you left Kyoshi, we wanted to find a way to help people. We ended up escorting some refugees and we've been here ever since," the lemur hops up next to her, "hi, Momo. Good to see you too. So, why are you guys getting tickets for the ferry? Wouldn't you just fly across on Appa?"

Katara sadly tells her, "Appa is missing. We hope to find him in Ba Sing Se."

"I'm so sorry to hear that," Suki turns to Aang, "Are you doing okay?"

He snaps, "I'm doing fine. Would everybody stop worrying about me."

"Avatar Aang, you have to help us!" Ying yells from a distance away, catching our attention, "someone took all of our belongings, our passports, our tickets. Everything's gone!"

Immediately he goes into leader mode, "I'll talk to the lady for you."

I sigh, "I've got a strong feeling that's not gonna work well."

"No passports, no tickets!" She yells at us.

Sorry to say I was right.

"But she's pregnant and all their stuff was stolen," Aang begs, "you have to make an exception."

"No exceptions! If I just gave away tickets willy-nilly to anyone there would be no more order, and you know what that means- No more civilization!"

"What if we gave them our tickets?"

"No."

"But-"

"Next!"

Aang walks back to us, "don't worry, you'll get to the city safely. I'll lead you through the serpent's pass."

All of us begin to leave and I had to pull Sokka onward by the hand, he was not happy, "I can't believe we gave up our tickets and now we're going through the serpent's pass."

I roll my eyes, "It was your idea in the first place, biceps."

"I'm coming too!" Oh great. Here comes Suki all dolled up in makeup.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" he let's go of me as she gets closer. Okay, ouch again for the second time today.

"Sokka, I thought you'd want me to come."

"I do, it's just.."

"Just what?" She gets oddly close to him.

"Nothing I'm glad you're coming."  This time I don't wait up for him and walk beside Toph instead.

Poor Havi. Honestly, Sokka may be the worlds #1 backbender but when is he gonna finally put Havi's back first?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 649 28
She's a cold hearted fire nation nonbender on a search for the Avatar with her twin brother, Zuko, and uncle, Iroh. She was banished with Zuko to reg...
78.3K 2.4K 16
DISCONTINUED **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* She was born to be a strong warrior. Not only did she possess the ability to firebend, but the blood of th...
258K 7.3K 40
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ғɪʀᴇ ❝ I'm not that stupid girl you led on before. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞...
203K 6.6K 30
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ❝ I'm doing this because I care about the people who need help. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭...