THE REDHEAD ☾ jj maybank

By FL0WERFIELDS

" hey there, delilah. what's it like in-" "the outerbanks." "you ruined the song... More

-ˏˋ THE REDHEAD ˊˎ-
SEASON ONE
1 | paradise on earth
2 | diver down
3 | the motel room
4 | dead body
5 | beach fight
6 | the bends
7 | big john's compass
8 | girl talk
9 | lana's house
10 | home invasion
11 | sad stories
12 | friendzone
13 | redfield's tomb
14 | dear bird
15 | hotel wifi
16 | scrapyard
17 | jumped at a golf course
18 | a bet is made
19 | the royal merchant
20 | movie night gone wrong
21 | the confession
22 | midsummers
23 | rixon's cove
24 | scary stories of the crain house
25 | the girls are fighting
26 | resolving issues
27 | well, well, well
28 | a set-up
30 | failure of a mother
31 | safe in each others arms
32 | scholarship or john b?
33 | murder on the airstrip
34 | wanted posters
35 | preparation for escape
36 | the phantom
37 | pogue style
38 | was it a farewell forever?
SEASON TWO
1 | a memorial
2 | stick and poke
3 | unexpected text
4 | tickling the wire
5 | fumbling the plan
6 | sewers
7 | the letter
8 | roadtrip to charleston
9 | reunited
10 | welcome home
11 | a party for six
12 | the arrest
13 | innocent or guilty?
14 | visiting hours
15 | escape plan gone wrong
16 | released from jail
17 | drama within the group
18 | the fake key
19 | boat explosions
20 | soulmates
21 | diary entries
22 | annual bonfire
23 | threatened by army rangers
24 | island room
25 | the true treasure
26 | a careless father
27 | the special cross
28 | round two of pope's driving
29 | improvisation
30 | rafe or the gators?
31 | sneaking onto the ship
32 | a new addition to the group
33 | retrieving the cross
34 | two lovers floating at sea
35 | poguelandia
SEASON THREE
1 | crash landing
2 | the search for kie
3 | hawks nest part two
4 | luxury boat
5 | home sweet home
6 | like mother like daughter?
7 | tactical convincing
8 | heist
9 | the lies and a desecration
10 | snack time at a crime scene
11 | last one standing
12 | party crasher
13 | goblin mode
14 | up in flames
15 | barracuda mike
16 | kitty hawk wilderness camp
17 | a ride to south america
18 | hiking
19 | two funerals
20 | full kook
authors note !

29 | arguments

8.4K 196 69
By FL0WERFIELDS

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 29:

ARGUMENTS

"We punch him in the throat."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER THE INCIDENT on the road and JJ deciding to drive, the group find themselves situated outside of Barry's own home without the man himself. It was no surprise to them all that the entire place looks like a shithole based off of the pure fact it's owned by one of the most known drug dealers in the Outer Banks. The man has turned to illegal substances to keep himself happy, trying his best to get as much scraps of money that he can get his hands onto.

JJ and John B had left the rest of their friends inside of the vehicle while they headed into the house, an evident argument brewing between the pair. Delilah just lets out a shaky sigh, leaning her head back onto Kiara's shoulder. Sarah's fingers are being gently raked through the girls ginger hair to continue giving her comfort. Ever since being dragged away from Barry, Delilah has been extremely quiet and hasn't said a single word to them as to why she wanted to throw more punches his way. But they're all curious, just wanting to be weary in case she suddenly lashes out onto them since her emotions are running high.

"Del, what happened?" Pope asks, voice soft to show that he's just trying to be caring.

"My mom." Delilah replies.

The redhead's voice is so quiet that the three had nearly missed the response given. They all exchange looks with one another, unsure of whether to get her to go into more detail. Pope's eyebrows just furrow in confusion as to why their best friend is suddenly bringing her careless mother up now.

"What?" Pope questions.

"My mom's still here on the island. She's been lying all along. She doesn't go on 'business trips', she goes out to buy herself drugs and hide somewhere. I mean, why lie? Why ruin her life even more with drugs?" Delilah rambles, tears prickling in her eyes once again and having to blink them back.

"Lila..." Kie softly begins, trailing off as she's unable to find the right words to comfort the girl.

"It's fine, I'll be okay." Delilah assures.

Before any of them can continue the conversation, their attention is pulled towards the house as the two boys come strolling out of it. The teenagers step out of the vehicle that they were waiting inside of to talk to them both and get an understanding of what that they just did. Collectively, the four quickly decide it's best not to ask questions as they spot a large wad cash gripped in JJ's hand.

"Alright, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit." JJ informs.

"You could use it to pay off your restitution." Delilah suggests. "I wouldn't mind if you used my cut of the money for it."

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kie questions.

"This Barry guy's gonna find out. And he's gonna come after us." Sarah states.

"Yes, he will. This is not the time to start wilding out." Pope adds.

"How did you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" JJ fries back.

"Relax." John B instructs.

"He had it right here on you, bro." JJ continues, pointing to the brunets forehead.

"Look, we've just gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back." John B tells the blond.

The boy reaches his hand down to grab ahold of the stack of money, wanting to return it back inside of the house so that they don't have another target on their backs — even more so from fighting Barry. But JJ is quicker with his actions and harshly shoves John B against the side of the campervan.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh? What are you gonna do when he comes for us?" John B asks.

"We punch him in the throat." JJ replies, confidence in his voice at the idea.

"JJ has a gun. We can defend ourselves." Delilah informs. "I mean, we just put up one hell of a fight back there anyway."

"Yeah, good fucking idea, guys." John B tells them both, sarcastically.

"I'm not putting it back." JJ argues.

"Look, we're sick of your shit." John B fires back.

The brunet boy feels the pressure against his body being released as JJ lets go and steps away. As well as that, a piercing gaze is burning into the back of his head that he already knows is from Delilah. John B just chooses to ignore the girls annoyance of being involved into his side of the argument.

"Oh, my shit?" JJ questions.

"Yeah, your shit." John B repeats.

"Your pulling guns on people shit." Kie reminds.

"You acting like a freaking manic—" Pope adds.

"Pope! I took the fall for you, man!" JJ exclaims, cutting in with frustration. "Do you know how much money I owe because of you?"

"I'm gonna pay you back." Pope assures. "And I didn't even ask for you to do that!"

"I just did pay it back. Right here, right now, by myself." JJ tells him. "You know what? That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Go off by myself."

The blond boy reaches into the vehicle and grabs his bag that was just laying on the floor of it, shoving the money into it. He doesn't give any of them another look as he turns his back and walks away from them. Their eyes all lock onto JJ as they watch him leave them all behind and disappear into the distance.

"JJ!" Delilah calls as she takes a step forwards.

"Red, stop." John B tells her, pulling the girl back towards them.

"Just let him go." Pope instructs.

"No, how can you all say that?" Delilah angrily begins, shrugging JB's hands off of her shoulders as she snaps around to the others. "The amount of times JJ's been there for all of us, defended us in times of needs, and you all just stand there and watch him walk away?"

"Lila—" Kie begins.

"We need JJ and you all know that!" Delilah continues, turning to the brunet. "If you couldn't sit there and watch Kie and I walk away when you claimed you needed us and Sarah, how can you just watch one of your closest friends walk away?"

"Because he's being immature with how he's handling things." John B replies.

"Immature?" Delilah repeats, raising a brow. "He's hurting, John B. And you don't care. You don't seem to ever care. Where were you when we were attacked at the movies? Where were you when he got thrown into jail? Nowhere. Not once have you been there at a fight with us and defended us."

"I was finding stuff out about the gold for all of us, for the dream futures we all want." John B argues.

"How the fuck is that more important than our wellbeing? JB, I could've died twice, and the boys could've too. They weren't holding back." Delilah snaps, becoming more angered. "The gold doesn't do shit to our futures if we're fucking dead."

"John B could've died too." Sarah speaks up.

"And just when I was starting to like you." Delilah says, scoffing. "Topper did that because of you. You were the one sneaking around with John B instead of telling Topper the truth about your feelings. So what if you would've broke his heart by dumping him? Boo-fucking-hoo, he would've gotten over it."

"Lila, come on." Kie urges, voice quiet.

Tears burn in the girls green eyes and threaten to roll down her cheeks if she doesn't remove herself from the argument against her best friends, trying to defend JJ's actions. Delilah spins around on her heel and storm off (just like JJ did) while choosing to ignore all of them. The rest call after the girl in an attempt to reason and possibly change her viewpoint on the situation overall. However, John B realises the mistake that he's made with handling it all, and that none of them will be able to get anywhere with trying because the couple are so alike; their reckless and stubbornness get the best of them at times.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 7.2K 102
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
2M 57.3K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
133K 1.7K 17
I have one secret. Nobody knows who my dad is. I guess that's one rule broken because Pogues don't lie to Pogues and I'm a Pogue. At least, I'm half...
22.1K 344 43
• English story guys✌🏻 • • Started 24-06-2020 • •Max Mills Fan Fiction • • And story 17-07-2020 • ~ i hope you liked 🌻 ~ -Giulia 💮