Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 43

4.5K 143 8
By Thompson1317

Warnings: Swearing.
————————————————————————
Recap:

I turn my head slightly and see the person, "Hey, Sonny. Be easy," I say with a bright smile.

"You're getting married," she squeals.

"I am," I say then she gets off my back.

Emily hugs me tightly and I hug her back. "Come on Hart," she says when she pulls away and drags Hartley over to where Mal, Lindsey, and Rose are.

I chuckle and shake my head as they walk away. An arm wraps around mine and I look at the person and my heart flutters. "You ready for our forever," I ask Alex.

"I've been ready."
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I wake up and groan quietly as I feel a pain in my stomach. I close my eyes as it lasts a couple seconds. I take a deep breath as the pain starts to go away.

I look at my left side and see Alex cuddled into me. I smile a little and slowly sit up and sit on the edge of the bed. I grab my phone and look at the time, it's 4am, we leave in four hours to go to Lyon.

I sigh and stand up and grab my medicine. I take one and then grab my guitar. I go to the balcony. I sit on a chair and rests my guitar on my lap.

I just stare at it then look at my right arm. I mindlessly start to play with the strings as I look back at the guitar. I feel tears build up in my eyes as I think about possibly never playing the guitar again.

I set my guitar on the ground and pull out my phone. I play some music on it and just look at the view.

I didn't realize how long I was sitting there till the sun started to come up. I look at the time and it's almost seven. I hear the alarm in the room go off and I pick up my guitar and walk in.

"Good morning," I say to Alex as she sits up and I put my guitar back in the case.

"Hi, baby," Alex says tiredly as I walk over.

I sit down next to Alex as she sits up. "How long have you been up," she asks me.

"Since four," I say tentatively.

Alex's eyes immediately widen, "Four?!"

I nod and Alex wraps her arms around me. "Why four?"

"Because I was in some pain and couldn't go back to sleep," I say as I sink into her embrace.

"You're sleeping on the bus," Alex tells me.

"Ok," I say and close my eyes.

"We have to get ready, breakfast is in fifteen minutes," Alex says and I sigh and sit up.

"Go get your clothes and I'll help you after I get dress," Alex says and kisses me then goes into the bathroom.

I get up and grab the traveling clothes and sit on the bed waiting for Alex. I feel another shoot of pain in my stomach and I groan loudly. "Babe?! What's wrong," Alex says as she quickly comes out the bathroom.

She kneels in front of me to hold me as I lean forward. "You're ok, I got you," Alex says as she runs her fingers through my hair.

I sigh as I sit up up,"I'm ok."

"Are you sure," Alex asks as she rests her hand on my cheek.

I nod and Alex places a kiss on my forehead. "Ok, let's get you dress," she says.

Alex grabs my clothes and helps me. "Long sleeve or short sleeve," she asks as she hold both up.

I look at both of them, "Short."

Alex nods and helps me put on my shirt on. After that Alex grabs our bags and I grab my guitar. We head down to the conference room where breakfast is.

"There's the newly engaged couple," Lindsey says as we walk in.

Alex and I chuckle as we set our stuff down by everyone else's. "I'll grab breakfast, you can go sit down," Alex tells me then walks away.

I smile towards her then sit at the table. "So, did you do anything last night," Kelley asks as I sit down.

"Did you forget I was stabbed a few days ago or did that completely leave your brain," I ask and chuckle.

"Oh," Kelley says realizing it, "Well what did you guys do?"

"We just cuddled and watched Netflix," I say and Alex sits down and place my food in front of me.

"Thanks, baby," I say and kiss her cheek.

"So, someone's birthday is coming up," Ashlyn says as we eat.

Alex laughs and I smile. I grab her hand a place a kiss on the back of her hand. "The big thirty," I say with a chuckle and Alex lightly slaps me on the shoulder.

"You better score against England," Allie says as she points at Alex.

"I plan on it," Alex says with a bright smile.

After a few minutes Jill goes to the front. "Alright girls, just want to start off by saying congratulations to the engaged couple," Jill says and everyone cheers, "On the ride to Lyon please just relax. Once we get there you have two hours to settle in then we have a a training session in the pool," Jill tells the team and everyone cheers again.

"Let's go," Jill finishes and everyone heads to the bus.

Once we get on the bus Alex and I sit in our regular spot. "Can I sit by the window," I ask her.

"You usually sit in the isle," Alex say.

I point at my right arm and Alex's eyes widen. "Of course, I'm so sorry," she says frantically.

"It's ok baby, relax," I say as I sit down, "It's gonna take time for all of us to get used to this."

Alex nods and holds my hand. I rest my head on her shoulder and close my eyes. I feel Alex kiss the top of my head and I snuggle more into her.

"How is she," I think I hear Kelley asks, she must think I'm asleep.

"She's struggling Kell. I mean, what do you expect, she lost her arm," Alex says.

"I feel so bad, Christen and I should of been with her," Kelley says sadly and I internally frown.

"It's not your fault, Y/N told you to, she wanted to protect you and Christen," Alex says.

Kelley sighs, "I just feel horrible."

"Don't feel bad, Kelley," I mumble out and open my eyes.

"I thought you were sleeping," Kelley says with her eyes wide.

"Well, I'm not," I say and sit up, "It is not your fault Kelley and it's not Christen's either."

"I'm still sorry," Kelley says.

"It's ok Kelley. Is it better if I say I forgive you," I ask with a smile.

Kelley nods. "I forgive you and Christen, Kell," I say and she smiles.

"Thank you," she says then turns back around.

Alex chuckles, "You guys are crazy."

I laugh and rest my head back on Alex's shoulder and she lays her head on top of mine.

After a couple hours we finally arrive in Lyon. Right when Alex and I get to our room I lay on the bed. "We have two hours, what do you want to do," Alex says as she lays next to me.

"I don't know," I say tiredly.

"Do you want to sleep," Alex asks as she rests her hand gently on my stomach.

I nod and yawn. Alex chuckles and pulls the blanket over us. I close my eyes and I feel Alex lay one of her legs on top of mine.

I start to doze off, but I hear Alex say something that makes my heart flutter, "I can't wait to marry you."
———
It's is July 2nd, Alex's birthday and the day for the semifinals. Right now I am trying my best to be quiet as I set up streamers and balloons in the hotel room, it's not so easy with one arm.

The team is setting up and nice and good pregame breakfast for Alex and they are decorating the conference room. I finish setting up the streamer and go and lay next to Alex on the bed.

I start to lightly rub her back, "Baby," I say.

Alex groans a little and moves. I chuckle a little, "Babe, you got to wake up, it's someone's birthday."

After that Alex slowly opens her eyes and gives me a cute smile. "Happy birthday, my love," I say and she moves to gently lay herself on top of me.

"Thank you," she says as she clings onto me.

"We have to get ready, you have your game later," I say and Alex sits up so she's straddling my waist.

I slowly sit up as Alex rubs her eyes. Once she's done I wrap my arm around her waist and she looks around the room. "Did you do all of this," she ask turning back to me shocked.

"I did," I say with a smile.

Alex smiles and places her hands on my cheek and we just stare into each other's eyes. "You're so beautiful," I say quietly.

Alex's smile grows and she buries her head in my neck. I hold her tighter and I place a kiss on the side of her head. "I love you," Alex mumbles into my neck.

"I love you too," I say.

After a few minutes of staying in this position someone knocks on the door, "Let's go lovebirds, breakfast in fifteen."

Alex pull away and I laugh. "Sonnett is crazy," Alex says with a chuckle.

"Yes she is," I say and place a kiss on Alex's lips.

When I pull away she pulls me back in. I smile into the kiss and she does too. "We have to get ready," I say and Alex nods and gets up.

Once we are done, Alex and I head downstairs hand in hand. When we walk into the room the lights are off, but then they quickly turn on, "SUPRIRSE!!!"

The room is covered up with pictures of Alex, streamers, and balloons. Alex jumps slightly and I laugh. She lightly slaps me on the arm, but I continue to laugh. "Happy birthday," Kelley shouts as her and Allie hug her.

I just chuckle and get my breakfast and sit down in the corner of the room. "Why are you all by yourself," Jill asks as she sits next to me.

"I just want her to enjoy this day," I say with a small smile as I continue to look at Alex.

"Don't you think she would enjoy it more if you were with her," Jill asks.

"If I had both my arms, probably," I say as I sigh and sit back in the chair.

"Y/N, that girl love you," Jill says and I look at her, "You didn't have your arm when you proposed and look where you are now, you and Alex are getting married. She doesn't care if you have both arms, one, or none. Alex loves you no matter what."

I look down and Jill stands up and places a hand on my shoulder, "Trust me," she says then walks away.

"HARRY," Allie shouts, "Get her food please."

"Yep," Tobin says.

I look up and watch everything. Alex is sitting at a table and Tobin places the food in front of her. Alex looks so happy.

I pull my phone out as I stand up.

Y/N: Hey, Kell. I'm gonna go chill by the pool for a little, just need to clear my mind. Call or text if you need me.

I send Kelley the text a walk our the room. I go to the pool and take a deep breath as I sit in a chair. I'm just staring at the water when my phone buzzes.

Hartley: Dad is kind of angry.

My eyebrows furrow when I read this.

Y/N: Why?

Hartley: Because you didn't tell him you were proposing to Alex.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

Y/N: I honestly don't care. It's his fault for why I'm treating him like this. Are you coming to the game today?

Hartley: Yep, can we meet after?

Y/N: Maybe, I have to see how I'm feeling and it's Alex's birthday.

Hartley: Ok, sounds good. Wish Alex a happy birthday from me. Love ya!

Y/N: Love you too bubba.

I put my phone away and just relax. "Why are you out here," I hear a raspy voice ask me.

I turn to face her, "To clear my mind."

Alex sighs and sits on my lap, "What's wrong?"

"Just thinking about everything that has happened," I say as I look at her.

Alex places a hand on my cheek and gently rubs her thumb on it. "You've been through way too much," she says with a small smile.

I chuckle, "We both have."

"Al, it's time for the team meeting," Julie yells.

"You gonna be ok," Alex asks me.

"I'll be ok, I'll call if I need you," I say.

"Ok, I love you," Alex says as she kisses me.

"I love you too," I say then she heads inside.

I look back at the pool and just take in the calmness.
———
We are at the stadium for the semifinals. I am being escorted to the family and friends section by a security guard while the girls warm up.

The team convinced me to wear a short sleeve jersey. I was a little conscious about wearing a short sleeve because of my arm, but I knew it would make Alex happy, so I'm wearing her jersey.

I can feel people looking at me as I walk into the stands. I sigh as I sit down. "Hey," I hear and I look up to see Lauren.

"Hey, Cheney," I say as I stand up with a smile.

She gently pulls me into a hug. "How are you," Cheney asks as we pull away.

"Honestly, I don't know," I say as we sit down, "It's been rough."

"I know, I'm so sorry," Cheney says as she grabs my hand.

"It's ok, getting through it slowly," I say and she smiles.

I notice the teams going in their own locker rooms when someone waves at me with a bright smile. I wave back and she goes into the locker room.

"When was the last time you saw Daly," Cheney asks me.

"Last year," I say as the teams line up.

"Dang and Alex is ok with you talking to your ex," she asks.

"Yeah, I mean, Rachel and I haven't talked since 2018. Alex has always been ok with it. Rachel and I both knew we weren't meant for each other and she's with Kristie," I say as the team walks out.

I smile when I see Alex and the same for Christen since she is starting. Both anthems are played and the teams get ready for the game. Alex kisses her wrist and points at the sky and I do the same.

The whistle is blown and the game begins.
———
It's the tenth minute and Kelley crosses a ball into the box. Christen gets her head on it and scores! Everyone starts cheering and I start to tear up when Christen looks up. I know it has been tough for Christen since she lost her mom, but she has been so strong through everything.

Then the nineteenth minute happens. Ellen White scores. "Oh, shit," I mutter and put my head in my hand.

Cheney rubs my back, "They'll be fine," she says with a smile and I nod.

The game is started up again.

It is now the thirty first minute. Lindsey has the ball and I see Alex running into the box. Me along with the thousands other of fans stand up as Lindsey crosses it in. Alex gets her head on it and scores!

Cheney and I start cheering at the top of our lungs. "Alex scored," I yell as Cheney and I hug each other.

Alex's eyes connect with mine and she has a bright smile on her face. She places her hand over her heart and I do the same.

The ball is set in the middle then the whistle is blown.

In the sixty seventh minutes Ellen White gets the ball and scores. I sigh and Cheney looks down, but then it's announced that the VAR is checking it.

A few minutes later it is ruled offsides and the USA fans cheer. Cheney and I cheer together and I look at Alex and see her take a deep breath.

Then the game starts up again.

Now everyone is on the edge of their seats. Apparently in the seventh ninth minute Becky fouled Ellen White in the box, so England has a PK. Stephanie Houghton steps up. "It's going to Alyssa's right," I tell Cheney.

"How do you know," Cheney asks as we watch Alyssa prepare for the pk.

"I just do," I mutter, then the whistle is blown.

Everything is in slow motion as Stephanie runs up and kicks it. Alyssa dives to her right and saves it! All the US fans cheer loudly as the team surrounds Alyssa.

"Let's go," Cheney and I yell loudly.

After the last few minutes the final whistle is blown. Cheney and I cheer loudly. "I got a great group of girls I have to look at for the Olympics next year," Cheney tells me and I smile.

"You sure do," I say and the security guard comes over to bring me into the field.

"Cheney," I say and she looks at me, "Come on the field with me," I say and she nods with a smile.

Once we are on the field we start to walk towards the girls. I stop when my eyes land on someone laying down on the field. "Go, I'll tell them you're just talking," Cheney says and I give her a grateful nod.

I walk over to the person and I sit next to them and rest my hand on top of their back. "Hey, Daly," I say and she looks up at me.

I can see the tears in her eyes, but she gives me a small smile. Rachel sits up, "I'm sorry," I say quietly and she chuckles a little.

"Shut up," Rachel says sarcastically and I laugh.

"I'm sorry, about your arm," Rachel says quietly and she sits next to me.

"It's alright," I say then wrap my arm around her shoulders and she sinks into my embrace.

"You and the rest of the team played great this entire tournament," I say and she smiles.

"Thanks Y/N/N."

"So, how are you and Kristie," I ask with a smirk and Rachel blushes slightly, "It's been good."

"It's been great," Rachel says.

"That's great, I'm happy for you," I say.

"Thank you, congrats on your engagement by the way," Rachel says with a smile then she stands up and hold an hand out for me.

I grab her hand and she helps me up. "Daly," someone shouts and we turn to see her coach.

He waves her over and Rachel sighs. "See you around, Y/N/N," Rachel says and gives me one last hug.

"See you around, Daly," I say then we pull away from each other and she walks to her team.

I walk back towards the girls. Christen runs over to me and we hug. "Your mom would be so proud," I say and Christen starts to cry into my shoulder.

I rub her back and hold her tighter. After a few minutes she pulls away. "Thank you," Christen says with a smile.

"Of course," I say.

"Someone has been looking for you," Christen says and she points to where Alex is talking to Hartley by the locker room.

I smile, "Thanks Chris," I say and walk over to my sister and fiancée.

"Hey, guys," I say and both of them hug me.

I chuckle. "Congrats on the win, my love," I say and kiss Alex's forehead, "And I missed you sis," I say and kiss Hartley's forehead.

They both pull away, but Alex holds onto my hand. "Dad wanted to talk to you," Hartley says.

"I don't feel like talking to him right now, Hart," I say and Alex lightly squeezes my hand.

"I know, I tried to tell him, but he won't listen," Hartley says.

"Tell him that maybe we can talk after the World Cup," I say then Hartley's phone buzzes.

She sighs, "I need to head back to where we were sitting."

"The security guard over there can take you. Just tell him who you are and he'll take you," Alex says pointing at the security guard that escorted me.

"Ok, love you sis," Hartley says then hugs me then Alex.

"Love you, bubba," I say then Hartley walks away.

I turn to face Alex, but she pulls me into the locker room and surprisingly no one is inside. "What are you-," I say, but then get cut off by Alex gently pushing me up against the wall and kisses me.

I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her closer. I turn us around so she's against the wall. Alex puts her hands in my hair and I trail my kisses down her neck.

"Are you guys serious," we hear someone say and we quickly pull away from each other.

We turn and see the entire team standing there. "There are children here," Allie says and we see Tierna's, Mal's, Rose's, Lindsey's, Emily's, and Sam's eyes being covered.

Alex and I then chuckle lightly, "Sorry, guys."

"We gotta go, we have dinner to celebrate," Julie says then they all walk out.

"One more," I ask Alex.

"One more," she says.

I pull her in for a long kiss then we head out. We get on the bus then everyone starts messing with us.

"Alex and Y/N sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G," we heard and that's all we heard till we got back to the hotel.
————————————————————————
I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

974K 28.9K 139
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...
9.2K 521 13
"𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙢𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧. 𝙎𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚, �...
195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...
103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...