Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 40

4.5K 129 52
By Thompson1317

Warnings: Swearing
————————————————————————
Recap:

Alex's POV:

The final whistle is blown, we are heading to the semifinals! I let out a sigh of relief and Kelley jumps onto me. "We did it," she mumble into my shoulder.

"Yes we did," I say with a smile.

"All for Y/N," Kelley says as she gets off of me.

"All for Y/N," I say.

"Alex, Kelley," Julie says running towards us, "We gotta go now."

"Why," Kelley asks confused.

"The hospital called," Julie says, "It's Y/N."
———
Present

Alex's POV:

My eyes along with Kelley's widen and we quickly follow Julie to the locker room. "Allie," I say stopping her, "I need you to get Hartley. One of the staff members can take you, only Hartley and you," I say and Allie salutes.

I follow Julie to Jill. "Alex, you, Kelley, and Christen are going to the hospital. The team will be there soon," Jill tells me.

I nod and Christen, Kelley, and I quickly get into one of the team cars. Christen drives as I'm thinking about what could of happened.

When we get to the hospital we quickly park and get out of the car. We take our cleats off, throw them in the car, and run inside.

"Dr. Aveline," I shout as we enter when I see her running.

"I need to get to Y/N," she says and continues running down the hallway to Y/N's room.

We follow her, "You girls need to stay here," Dr. Shaw says.

"CLEAR," I hear from the room and Christen, Kelley, and I start crying.

"Fuck, no," Kelley says.

"CLEAR," we hear again.

After a few minutes we hear it and I immediately break down. "Time of death..."
———
Y/N's POV:

"How do I wake up," I ask my fourteen year old self frantically.

"You have to fight."

"How?! How do I do that," I ask.

"I'm gonna go, but you have to fight the challenges that come your way," my younger self says then she disappears.

"Wait, wait," I shout but then I feel pain in my stomach and look down to see blood seeping through the white shirt. Then a shooting pain in my arm and I look to see blood there as well. I fall to the ground and my eyes close.
———
Alex's POV:

"NO," I shout and Kelley and Christen hold me as we all cry together.

The team then enters the hospital and runs to us. "What happened," Mal asks.

"She-she's," I try to get out but can't.

"No, no, no," Tobin says.

"You're lying," Emily says.

Everyone starts to cry when Dr. Aveline walks out, "I'm so sorry," she says.

"DR. AVELINE," a nurse yells from inside the room.

Dr. Aveline immediately runs back in.
———
Y/N's POV:

I feel pain when I open my eyes and groan. "What? How," I hear someone say.

I slowly open my eyes and I see a nurse and doctor looking at me. "What happened," I mutter.

"Hi, Y/N. I'm Dr. Aveline, you were brought in a few days ago after a stabbing incident. I'm not sure how, but you died and came back to life," the doctor says.

"I-I died," I mumble.

"Yes, you did. You're back though, that is all that matters," she says.

I look at my stomach as I remember being stabbed there. I then look at my arm and my eyes go wide and I start to breath fast. "What-what happened to my arm," I ask scared.

"Y/N, calm down, relax please," Dr. Aveline says, "We had to amputate your arm. Your arm became badly infected and it could of spread. It was the only way, I'm sorry."

Tears build up in my eyes, "Ok," I mutter out.

"There are some people here that want to see you," Dr. Aveline says and I just nod as I stare at my arm.

"Y/N," someone says as they walk in and I look over and form a small smile.

"Hi, baby," I say and Alex immediately comes over and hugs me.

She then let's go and slightly slaps me as tears run down her face and she has a small frown. "You died, again," she says.

"I'm a fighter, Al," I say with a smile.

Alex sighs, "Did you see your arm?"

I nod and look at it, "So much for the guitar and piano," I say with a small chuckle trying to lighten up the mood.

"You are alive and still have your beautiful voice," Alex says and strokes my cheek.

I smile, "I love you so much."

Alex let's out a watery laugh as more tears come, "I love you so much too."

Then I realize Alex is wearing her uniform, "Wait! Why are you in your uniform? Did I miss the game," I and frantically.

"Baby, relax. You did, but we won, we're going to the semifinals," Alex says with a bright smile.

"I'm so proud of you," I tell her.

"There are some other people here for you," Alex says.

"You can bring them in," I say.

Alex smile and places a gentle kiss on my lips. She leaves the room and a few seconds later she walks in with Christen and Kelley.

"Hey guys," I say.

They both come over to me with tears in their eyes and hug me. "We're so sorry," Christen mumbles.

"It's not your guys fault," I say and they pull away, "I'm the one that told you to go."

"And look what happened," Kelley says.

"I sacrificed my life for two of my best friends life's," I say and they cry harder.

"Alex," I say and she looks at me, "Can you give us a minute. They'll come out after," I say and she nods with a smile.

Alex leaves and I look at them. "On my phone I saved the ring I want for Alex. I already ordered it, it's here in Paris. I need you to pick it up though. I never know what life is gonna hold for me and I'm going to propose as soon as I can at the right time. I know you said to wait till after, but you never know what's going to happen. Can you please pick it up before we leave," I ask.

"Of course we can," Kelley says and I nod with a smile.

"Thank you," I say.

They give me one last hug and walk out.

Alex walks back in. "You ready for the next two," she asks me.

I nod and she gestures for the next people to come in. "Hey," I say with a smile.

Sonnett comes over to me and hugs me tightly as tears stream down her face. "I thought I lost you," she mumbles into me.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily, Sonny. Look at me," I say and she does and I place my hand on her cheek, "You are one of the reasons I fought. I'm not leaving you."

Emily let's out a sob and hugs me again. I rub her back and kiss the top of her head. She pulls away and wipes her tears, "Love you, Y/N/N."

"Love you too, Sonny."

The next person walks over and Sonnett stands by Alex. "Hey, Hopey. I don't think I've seen you cry like this before," I say with a small smile.

Hope let's put a small laugh and hugs me. "Please don't endanger yourself like that again."

"I'll try," I say and wrap my arm around her.

Hope pulls away and places a kiss on the side of my head. I send her a smile as her and Sonnett leave the room.

"You ok," Alex asks as she walks over to hold my hand.

"It's just a lot, I don't have my arm, Al," I say and tears start to slowly stream my face.

"All of us will be with you every step of the way," Alex says and places and hand on my cheek, "You haven't given up on us and we won't give up on you."

I send her a smile and there is a knock on the door. "That's the next person," Alex says and walks over to open the door.

"Hartley," I say shocked and she runs over to give me a hug.

"I'm so sorry," Hartley sobs into my shoulder.

"It's not your fault bubba," I say and she pulls away.

Hartley looks at my arm, "I'm sorry about your arm."

"It's ok, bubbs."

Hartley smiles, "Love you sis."

"Love you too Hart," I say with a bright smile.

After Hartley everyone else came in with tears and sadness. Now it's just Alex and I talking when the doctor walks in. "Hi, Dr. Aveline," I say.

"Hi, Y/N. Hi, Alex. How are you feeling Y/N."

"Physically, I'm not in as much pain. It only hurts when I move a lot. Emotionally, sad, nervous, and scared," I say sadly and Alex holds my hand.

"Well, it's good that you are not in as much pain. I understand why you are feeling like this. It's going to be frustrating with your arm. I have two options for you, for your arm," Dr. Aveline says, "You can either leave your arm like it is or you can get a prosthetic arm."

I immediately answer, "I want a prosthetic arm."

"Alright, I'll get that order in right away. I'll also prescribe some medicine," Dr. Aveline says then walks out.

"You really want a prosthetic arm, don't you," Alex asks as she looks at me.

"It's the only way I can try and play the piano and guitar again," I say with a smile.

Alex smiles and places a kiss on my lips.

Then there is a knock on the door. Two police officers walk in. "Hello ma'am, I'm Officer Bazin, this is my partner Officer Landry and we are here to talk about the incident you were involved in," the woman officer says.

"Of course, may my girlfriend stay in the room," I ask.

"If she would like to," Officer Bazin says.

I look at Alex and she looks at me, "I'll stay," she says and holds my hand.

"Ok, first, the person who attacked you, what is their name," Officer Bazin asks and Officer Landry gets ready to write everything down.

"Tristan Carassco."
———
It is an hour later and the officers just left. "That was a lot," I say as Alex lays next to me.

She carefully holds onto me as I rub her back. "You did good, baby," Alex tells me.

"You need to take a shower," I say with a chuckle and Alex glares at me.

"I know I do, I'm still in my fucking uniform," Alex says and I laugh, but wince and cough when I feel pain erupt in my stomach.

Alex sits up frantically with wide eyes, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, just some pain," I say as I close my eyes to calm down.

I open my eyes and see Alex looking at me worried. "I'm ok," I say.

Alex nods and lays back down, but slower.

"Did the team go back to the hotel," I ask.

"Yeah. Jill took Hartley back to her hotel," she says and I nod.

"Hello," Dr. Aveline says as she walks in, "I prescribed medicine that you can get here and I was able to get you some to pick up in America. Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the prosthetic arm here in France, but I contacted a doctor in America and they said they would send it to the nearest hospital to where you live," she says with a smile.

"Thank you so much Dr. Aveline," Alex says.

"Of course. You will also be able to start physical therapy for your arm once you return to America. You may be released tomorrow because we just want to make sure everything is ok."

"That sounds perfect Dr. Aveline, thank you," I say with a grateful smile.

"No problem. If you need anything else just let me know," she says then walks out.

Alex sighs and stands up. "Where are you going," I whine out and Alex laughs.

"I'm going to the hotel to take a shower and to grab you some clothes for tomorrow," Alex says.

"Awww, ok," I say with a pout.

"I'll be back soon, my love," Alex says.

"Ok, I love you, Al."

"I love you too, baby," Alex says then places a kiss on my lips.

Alex waves as she walks out and I wave back.

I sigh as I try and get comfortable.

This is going to be a rough ride.
————————————————————————
IMPORTANT:

I have came up with a new idea for a story, but I need your opinion on who you want the love interest to be. Let me tell you some about the main character, they will be 24 years old and they will be somewhat closed off due to their past. They are really only open with one person. Once they start to open up though they are very kind and funny. It takes time for them to open up to others though. Please give me some players from the USWNT you would like to see as the love interest and I will pick one. Thank you!

REQUESTS MUST BE IN BY TOMORROW!
———
I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Saved By Alex

Fanfiction

379K 13.1K 160
Kimora is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her Parents. Her father's second wife has become abusive and hasn't let...
648K 15.1K 96
11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis Astrid is called up. What will happen wi...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
83.1K 1.5K 32
The story that shows my life at 16 and being the next top soccer player for the U.S. National team. Fanfiction of the USWNT some AU!