Multiverse Switch

By DepravityCorner

"I'm not, I repeat, I'm NOT going to play around with you." "It's your fault why we're stuck like this." "I c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Fourth General
Chapter 2 - Dance and Play Your Part
Chapter 3 - Many Things Happening
Chapter 4 - How Much Do You Know?
Chapter 5 - Apologies
Chapter 6 - Doubts
Chapter 7 - Happy
Chapter 8 - Sneaking
Chapter 9 - Lies
Chapter 10 - Seventh General
Chapter 11 - Cry in My Funeral, Will You?
Chapter 12 - Who is He?
Chapter 13 - Winter Festival
Chapter 14 - Abducted
Chapter 15 - First General is Who?
Chapter 16 - The King and His Servants
Chapter 17 - Traitors
Chapter 18 - Like You're Any Better
Chapter 19 - Promises
Chapter 20 - Slaves in the Army
Chapter 21 - Strange Things
Chapter 22 - First Day is a Day to Screw Up
Chapter 23 - Kill Me
Chapter 24 - Pent Up Emotions
Chapter 25 - Orders
Chapter 26 - Saving Lives
Chapter 27 - I Don't Need You Anymore
Chapter 28 - Too Quiet
Chapter 29 - Harmless Blackmails
Chapter 30 - Matter of Perspective
Chapter 31 - First is Being Weird
Chapter 32 - Truth
Chapter 33 - Handful
Chapter 34 - Past
Chapter 35 - Last Tower
Chapter 36 - Asking Help is a Bad Thing
Chapter 37 - Man of My Word
Chapter 39 - Looking Forward
Chapter 40 - Invitations
Chapter 41 - Winter Ball
Chapter 42 - So The Party Is Going Great
Chapter 43 - Start of the Show
Chapter 44 - Far From Done
Chapter 45 - Everybody's Target
Chapter 46 - We Blew It
Chapter 47 - Chronicle
Chapter 48 - Too Many Mistakes
Chapter 49 - Cyfrin
Chapter 50 - Think of It
Chapter 51 - Help
Chapter 52 - One-Sided
Chapter 53 - Priority
Chapter 54 - Reconcile
Chapter 55 - Preparations and Negotiations
Chapter 56 - Inching Closer
Chapter 57 - Departure
Chapter 58 - Shattered Utopia
Chapter 59 - The Bell Tolls for Thee
Chapter 60 - Atalante and Cyfrin
Chapter 61 - The Mad King's Gone And Lost His Head
Chapter 62 - With A Sword in Hand
Chapter 63 - He Will Reclaim This Land
Chapter 64 - And Raise The Flag in His Own Name
Chapter 65 - Twilight
Chapter 66 - You Will Be Remembered
Chapter 67 - Now or Never
Chapter 68 - One Step Closer
Chapter 69 - Welcome Home
Chapter 70 - Relationship Status: Together
Epilogue
Extra #2: Gifts and Coronations

Chapter 38 - You Are Not Alone

2.7K 153 110
By DepravityCorner

The day was undeniably gloomy.

It will be the words Error would have said if someone asked how today was. He should have a training with Dream today but a messenger told him directly that it was cancelled. It was strange but not unwelcome. He doesn't feel like getting up anyway. He stared out the window, unconsciously gripping the scarf he made for Ink and running his other hand on the vials in the sash that rested on his lap. He felt the soft bed underneath him but it felt cold without someone to share it with.

It was not like it was a bad thing. At least Ink was safe. He could take a hatred, it wasn't the first time he was spat with it. His eye socket twitched when he remembered the voices and snarl of many universes everytime he came to destroy one. It wasn't uncommon although it did hurt more than the first time someone hated him.

What would have Ink said if he found out that he was going to be given to Dream and Error doesn't know what to do?

'What do you mean you don't know?'

Ink was expecting him to do the planning and if he can't counter Dream then the artist should just go even if he hated him.

He never trusted anybody. How should he suppose to trust them? He already knew what to do. He'd rather do something on his own instead of making them do something because if something bad happened, the blame was on him again.

So it enstranged him when Ink said that he could do anything for Error, that he was useful. Error had been telling the other what to do ever since they made a promise to go home together. If he didn't, Ink would act on his own. He didn't hear the other complain because he never told the whole plan and only ordered him what he should do in it. More or less, he could only see Ink as a pawn in their plan, not an actual partner. He didn't dare make a mistake or tell him 'I don't know' though. That would spark a shatter of expectation from Ink and bring back another failure to him.

He knew many could see through the fake smile. He could see Blue giving him concern gazes as he brought his food and he knew the servant missed Ink. The Generals were all looking at him with either worry or disgust, he didn't care. Martial didn't even visit him two days before, the other was worried too.

His thoughts were snapped out as the door creaked open. It was slow and Error wondered why they didn't knock. He turned towards the door to see Martial, poking his head inside. He spotted Error and waved at him with a smile.

"What brings you here, Seventh?" Error asked as he stood up and put Ink's things on the table.

'You've been sad.' Martial said as he slipped inside the room.

"I am fine, I will be, do not bother." He said politely.

'I want to see you smile.' Error smiled but Martial pouted. 'Not that, a real one. You are no good at lying at all.'

Fourth dropped it quickly. "What do you want?"

'A surprise?' Martial said with an excited grin.

"Surprise?" Error echoed back while Martial went outside to get it.

Seventh came back, slowly taking steps inside with someone. The destroyer was surprise at the figure stepping inside the room. His gaze immediately fell on the collar and his breath hitched.

That's my collar. I thought-

No doubt it was the black one, the very first Ink wore here. Martial was beside him, shaking his hands as if presenting Ink like a new product of some sorts. He looked at Martial with wonder.

"How...?"

Martial just smiled. 'I will leave you to it.'

Then the kid was stepping out his door and leaving the two of them there, inside the room with lot to discuss. Error looked at Ink the same time as the artist did and both of them averted their eye lights quickly. There was silence for a moment. Both of them looking anywhere but each other while fidgeting.

Error decided to break the silence as he sat down the bed. "Why are you here?"

Ink snapped his attention on him. "To stay..."

"I told you before, I don't need you."

"...I know you don't mean that." Ink said as he sat down the chair, infront of the other.

Error just looked at him with a questioning gaze. "Dream told me. You fought really hard for me... but things were inevitable."

Error assumed that the other got into the First's good side which was a miracle. "Then you knew my intentions."

"...I won't go back without you. We promised." Ink said with determination. "You know... I'm not better myself. You did what you thought was best and my first thought was that you're an idiot." Error scowled at the other's opinion. "Then... I thought that maybe you did that because you're scared that I will blame you if you don't know what to do. I shouldn't have yelled at you back then... I'm sorry."

Error's gaze softened at the apology. "But you expect me to know, right? If I didn't thought of that and pushed us to be together... I don't know what to do. What if I made the wrong decision and lead you to your death? I couldn't even bring your dust when I go back..." Error looked at his hands as he imagined the looks Ink's friends would give him and no one would tell the destroyer that it wasn't his fault, that he did his best. "If I made any decision... I want to be certain about it something that was better..."

He could see the frown on Ink's face as he mumbled to himself. "You've been carrying this burden for so long..."

Error looked up at the ceiling. "When I thought this place was a vacation... I wasn't lying. Staying here... I don't have to think that I should know everything. No one expect me to know everything. The things I should know was limited to what Fourth General should know. I felt at ease somehow..." Error smiled at the lesser burden doing Fourth's duty. "I'm sorry if it sounded selfish."

"It's fine... I thought I don't need help too... being immortal made me ignore death. Getting into situations where I almost got killed made me realize how terrifying and how much I wanted to call for help." Ink shook his head to clear away the fear and smiled at Error. "But it will be fine. From now on, you can tell me everything. Your plans, finish or not, anything troubling you, with or without solution. I'll be here, we'd figure everything together."

He grabbed Error's hand and it made the destroyer realize how much he missed him. "You're not alone... We are not alone. We have each other, alright?"

Error felt his throat clogged up, he can't speak and he didn't even trust himself to form a sentence so he nodded. He felt tears in his eye sockets as the realization hit him.

I'm not going to do this alone. I don't have to know everything from now on, it's okay.

"Yeah..." He'll be okay now, Ink won't blame him. "Yeah."

Ink watched the other cry as he thought that needing help wasn't a bad thing. Right now, Error needed someone to trust him and Ink would be there to ask assistance and he wouldn't doubt it, he'd be okay. Error was strong and he believed on the other's abilities.

He got out his train of thoughts as he felt a tug on his hand. He looked down to see Error interlacing their fingers and tugging again so he stood up. Ink stood up and Error let go. There was silence but Ink didn't move until the other opened his arms. The artist was surprise but smiled and accepted the hug. He missed this... he missed hugging Error. He missed everything about the destroyer. Fourth soon scooted back, dragging the other with him and once both of them were on the bed, Error lie down with the Guardian of Creation.

"Let's stay like this for a while... just a little longer." He whispered to the other.

The artist let him do it. They stayed hugging in comfortable silence until bothe became drowsy and fell asleep. Other things would have to wait. For now, it's just the two of them.

Only the two of them.

---|---

They made up, good.

Martial thought as he skipped off the tower, waving and stealing another batch of caramels from Miyu before going off. He was greeted by his guard who smiled at him, he grinned back while holding his teddy bear full of caramels.

He hopped on the man's shoulders and opened his stolen goods. "Should we return in your tower, Sir?"

He shook his head and patted the man before pointing at the castle, coming close as they walk. "The castle it is then."

He opened one wrapper, chewing dreamily at the sweets. He got another two, tasting the sweetness as they approached the entrance. Once he gulped down the two, he got three before zipping the bear up. He's saving it later.

What? No, of course not for S. It's for himself because it would be a long stressful night.

S tend to avoid his sweets because he banned the other from touching his hidden stashes around the tower and he much prefer chocolate over his precious caramel so they were basically arguing on it too.

He doesn't look foward computing for his servants' money. Not because he wanted it for himself but... more of he didn't want to fiddle with numbers. Thankfully, grace by the Creators, S was very skilled in computing quickly with the calculator and handling money. If he didn't have to keep a promise, he would have taken him in completely and make him his accountant for the rest of his life.

He was slowly lowered down his soldier's back. The guards guarding the doors, opened them and saluted. Martial didn't move as he opened the wrapper one by one and popped them inside his mouth, they were just so good. He purposefully slowed his crumpling and watched the two saluting soldiers amusingly as they tried not to question his actions.

Perks of being the heir of the throne.

Not that he was actually willing to be but if it would keep his homeland safe, then there was nothing to decline in.

He decided to stop teasing them and salute back before entering the castle. He looked around the halls as he made his way up the flight of stairs and to Nightmare's office. It was still early before his training with Sixth. That's why Nightmare's was looking at him curiously when he entered.

"Today's not your lessons." The King said as he got the papers he was writing on away and the ink, putting them inside the drawer.

He closed the door behind him and turned around. 'I know that.'

"Then what brings you here, please do tell."

Martial did what he usually do when he needed something from the other. He slowly walked up to a chair and used it to climb on top the table, sitting on the wooden furniture cross-legged.

"That's unacceptable."

'Maybe...' Martial said as he looked out the window and Nightmare knew how this would go.

"Whatever it is that is bothering you. I'm afraid I have to decline."

Martial looked back at him with a pout. 'You still don't know of it and you are already declining?'

"I know it is troublesome."

'Tell me then.' Martial said in a challenging tone.

"I've lost count of how many times you wished for me to lift the banning of caramels in your tower." He said as he watched Martial threw the bear up in the air before catching it and petting its head.

'Wrong... there's no benefit asking for it.'

Nightmare raised a brow as it wasn't the boy's precious sweets. "It's not? Then it must be worse."

'But I only longed for foreign interactions. The Kingdom became uninteresting after the Festival, the season made everyone lock themselves in their homes.'

"I am not inviting those bothersome princes and princesses."

'They were not interesting. They could barely give what I want.'

Nightmare knew who it was the other was hinting and he'd rather not discuss it. "I have other things to do."

'It was a shame that not many could go against you.' Martial smiled as the other gave in quickly.

"I am not inviting the X Domain."

'Why not? X himself was rather powerful.'

"I know but I have no intention of seeing his son."

'You meant Cross?' Nightmare glared at him. 'I've grown to like Cross, he's nice.'

"He gave you caramels without limits."

'And you let him. Never have I seen someone who went against you without punishments.'

"I don't want to start a war, we already have enough tension with this unknown enemy."

Martial had to surpress a grin as he already know which kingdom was it and why. Either way, it's not his place to tell, it's not part of his job description.

'Don't you want to see him?' He asked with a tilt of his head and that avertion of gaze from Nightmare was more than enough to tell that he got the King's favor.

"Get you and your doll out of my sight. I will do it but I won't bother putting effort."

Martial looked at him incredulously. 'His name is Arthur.'

He wasn't worried about the amount of effort to be put on the gathering. He was worried that Nightmare still didn't know Arthur's name. That was mean!

Martial pouted and decided to slip off the desk and skipped to the door, never once looking back at Nightmare. He completely missed the eye roll the other gave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

734 36 8
After helping horror leave the bad sanses, swap sans takes horror to an au where no one can bother them and where they both can live a peaceful life...
235K 7.3K 51
After Error falls in love with his sworn enemy, Ink, his teammates also start to fall for people... SHIPS: Crossmare Kreme Errink HorrorLust Kustard ...
2.9K 107 22
"Look I can explain." It was Sci ------- DD/MM/20YY. Sci had a breakthrough a way to preserve monsters from dusting. The experiment covered by the t...
1.8K 95 15
Geno has a breakdown after another failed attempt at convincing the Sans in the current timeline to erase it and starts sending attacks all over the...