Junoon | Obsession

By barnes_dornan

A RishBala fanfic, taking inspiration from the show but with my flare =D More

Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

1

966 32 3
By barnes_dornan

"Glycerin! Glycerin, where are you?"

An anxious foot tapped away on the floor as its owner looked at the watch on her wrist.

"Glycerin! Glycerin please, I'll be late, I need your help! Madhu-!"

"I'm here Deedu!"

The woman turned around to face her sister, who was smiling at her, her brown eyes twinkling away. "Finally! I've calling out for you for so long!"

Her sister stepped forward, holding a large case, a belt full of makeup brushes wrapped around her waist. "Sorry Deedu, Ma quickly needed my help. But I'm here now and so is my makeup case!"

"Well then what are you waiting for Madam Madhubala Shamsher Malik? Quickly do my makeup then!"

Madhubala couldn't help her smile and went over to her sister, making her sit down before her dresser. "Don't you worry Madam Trishna Shamsher Malik, I've got you," she saluted.

Her sister only hummed in return, but anxiety was still very clear on her face. Madhubala got right down to work, making up her sister's face and making her look absolutely beautiful!

"There, all done," Madhu smiled.

"Thank you so much Glycerin! I've been feeling nothing but anxiety since yesterday! The fact that today has even arrived... oh I don't know if I can do this!"

"Of course you can Deedu," Madhu encouraged. "You're talented, you're beautiful, and you were made for the big screens!"

"You think so?"

"I know so! And I know you'll have a great audition."

Trishna smiled at her softly. "Thank you, Madhu."

"You're most welcome! Now come on, you have to get to your audition on time!"

With a nod, Trishna got up and followed Madhu out. They both saw their mother, Padmini, in the kitchen.

"Ma, I'm leaving," Trishna let her know.

Padmini turned to her. "It's time already? But you haven't even had breakfast-"

"Ma, I can't eat at all, I'm too anxious! If I do eat, I'll probably explode during my audition!"

Both Madhu and Padmini looked at each other, unable to help their grins.

"I promise I'll get something afterwards, okay? Love you, bye," and she dashed out the door.

Padmini let out a sigh and shut her eyes, putting her hands together in prayer. "Bappa, please protect and guard my child."

Madhu wrapped her arms around her mother. "Don't you worry about a thing, Ma. Deedu will be just fine."

"True, but you know that's not the reason for my concern. If Trishna doesn't get this role... she'll be heartbroken."

"Mm... should that be the case, then maybe at first; but Deedu will spring back up. Especially with Roma by her side."

"That's another worry. If Roma didn't have her shoot today, then she could've gone with Trishna. Instead she's gone on her own."

"But Roma is at the studio, right? She'll meet up with her afterwards."

"But-"

"Oof ho, Ma, don't worry! Everything will be just fine," she beamed.

Padmini shook her head. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm your mother, or if it's the other way around. Now come, eat breakfast."

With a nod, Madhu followed her mother to the table and both sat down.

"Malik is filming a stunt today too, isn't he," Madhu asked.

"He is, so he'll be home a bit late."

"No problem. Since I have the day off from the parlor today, I'll go do the groceries."

With that plan set, Madhu finished up her breakfast. Padmini headed to the kitchen to get lunch started, while Madhu went to her room. She quickly got ready and grabbed her bag, then headed on out. Many other people of the colony she lived in were outside as well, all of them greeting her as she walked out. She headed to the stairs to go down, when she saw people at the nearby billboard.

One of the children of the colony went running past Madhu to her little friend behind her. "Look! They're putting up a new poster for RK's new movie," and both children went running back down to go towards the billboard.

As Madhu got down to the last step, the new poster was properly put up. 

"Hai! RK is just so hot," Madhu heard a girl say to her friend nearby.

Madhu couldn't help but to grin in amusement and watched as all of the other girls around her age went dashing over to the poster and fangirled over it, shrieks and shrills starting to fill the air.

These girls will never change, Madhu thought to herself. If Deedu was here, though, she would've been doing the same thing. ...I guess I'll never understand it.

She brought her attention back on the poster. Towards the bottom center was the title of the movie, the main leads' names written below, with the release date below that. However, what mostly took up the poster was the face of one man - Rishabh Kundra aka RK the Superstar, the biggest heartthrob of the country for the past five years. Although dark aviators were covering his intense chocolate eyes, as her sister liked to say, his chiseled features were crystal clear.

Deedu sure is something else. I means chiseled features? What? The fact that she says someone would get their hand cut if they tried to slap him is ridiculous! Even Roma says that, as well as these fangirls of his. Where do people come up with this stuff? Well, what do I even care anyways? 

With a shrug, Madhu headed off to go to the bazaar, leaving her RK-crazed colony behind, almost everyone having abandoned their work for a mere poster.

*~*

With her shopping trip a success, Madhu was on her way home.

Hmm... I wonder if Deedu gave her audition yet?

Madhu arrived to a bus stop and sat down on the bench. Across the street from her was a building with a billboard, and of course, it graced yet another movie poster for RK's upcoming film. It was quite similar to the one in her colony, his full face on blast. But, this one graced his heroine fully in the bottom right corner, who was much, much tinier, while the movie's name and release date was on the other side.

This audition is the biggest one yet of Deedu's life! After all, she's auditioning for a movie that will have RK as the male lead. If she were to get it... her dreams would come true! Deedu's been such a big fan of his for years, it would be so meaningful for her! As well as launch her career-

Madhu's thought were quickly interrupted, rain starting to pour down from the skies. Many people came huddling under the bus stop, and fortunately, the bus arrived soon enough. Madhu got on and got a seat for herself, keeping her groceries near her, and just as the bus pulled away, her phone began to ring. Taking her phone out of her bag, Madhu saw that it was Trishna calling.

She quickly took the call. "Deedu-"

"Madhu, come to the studios quickly, I'm in trouble!"

"What?"

"I'm a complete mess, Madhu, you've got to get here quickly Glycerin!"

"Deedu, what happened? You're not making any sense-"

"I got caught in the stupid rain! I was going to get water when suddenly this stupid rain came out of nowhere! I'm soaking wet and a complete mess! How am I supposed to give my audition now?"

"You still haven't gone yet?"

"Glycerin, this an RK film, okay? Not to mention a romance film. Many girls are gonna try to come and audition, no matter what. I don't even know if half of the girls have even gone yet!"

Madhu's eyes widened in shock.

"But I won't even get the chance to give mine by looking like this! You have to come and save me!"

"But Deedu-"

"Madhu, I'm desperate, please! Roma isn't picking up her phone so most likely she's still shooting. You're my only hope right now, please Madhu, I need you to help me."

"Okay, I just finished with the grocery shopping, I'm heading home now. Once I leave everything, I'll come-"

"Oh Madhu, thank you so much! Thank you so, so, so much!"

"Of course Deedu. I'll call you once I leave the house."

"Okay," and both hung up.

Madhubala let out a sigh. "Oh gosh," she murmured to herself. "I just hope I get there in time."

~

Don't forget to smash that vote button :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 2.7K 34
This is purely a fictional fanfiction, but how I wish it was true. In the beginning it may seem that I have copied the works of some writers on this...
528K 22.4K 56
Meet Madhu and Khushi, two friends who are more like sisters. Being completely opposite of each other they somehow share a great bond. The calm and d...
42.9K 2.4K 22
this is a FanFiction story about Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai in my way I'm just bored to see Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai current episodes it is based o...
49.1K 2.6K 9
My Collection of Rishabala One Shots Cover Courtesy : taranawriting