Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 36

5K 141 14
By Thompson1317

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

I laugh and place my phone down. I get under the covers and Alex instantly cuddles into me. "Thank you," I say.

"For what," Alex asks.

"For being here and for helping me," I say as I look at her, "I have no idea what I would be like or where I would be without you," I tell her.

Alex smiles and leans up to place a kiss on my lips, "Always, Y/N."

I smile and Alex rests her head on my chest. I at the ceiling as Alex watches TV.

Maybe my life is finally coming together or it's falling apart.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

Today is the day before the round of 16 game against Spain. We are back in Reims and the team has light training today. Dawn wants me to come because she said she wants to work on some things with me.

Hartley and I have been texting. We have done FaceTime too which is how she is now involved in a group chat with Mal, Lindsey, Rose, and Emily. I already know that those five girls are gonna be crazy.

We just arrived at the field. The team gets off the bus and go to the locker room. I walk to the field because Dawn wants to start right away. "Here," Dawn says when I get to the field.

I take the cleats from her, "What are these for?"

"I never told you what we were doing today," Dawn says with a smile.

I sigh, "Are you serious?"

"Yep, were gonna do some conditioning first. Then I'm going to get one of the girls to pass with you for a little and then we are going to shooting," Dawn says as she walks away to get everything set up for me.

"I'm not ready though," I shout to her.

Dawn just keeps walking and then a hand is placed on my arm. I turn around to see Alex, "You'll be fine, I believe in you," she says then kisses my cheek and walks away to warm up.

I smile as Alex walks away then I put the cleats on. "Y/N! Let's go," Dawn shouts and I turn to where she is and run over to her.

"So, you're gonna do the warm up that we always do while I go do the warm up with the girls, sound good?"

"Yep," I say and Dawn nods and walks away.

I huff and start to warm up. After a few minutes I finish and Dawn walks over. "You ready," Dawn asks.

"Not even close," I say.

"Too bad, get on the end line," she tells me.

I take a deep breath and get on the end line. "Alright, you're gonna run to the other end line and back till I say stop."

I look at Dawn, "Really?"

"Yep. Alright, countdown, five," she says and I close my eyes.

"Four," take a deep breath.

"Three," focus my mind.

"Two," open eyes and focus on finish line.

"One," go.
———
Alex's POV:

I watch as my girlfriend runs back and forth on the field.

"How long has she been running," Sam asks as her and the rest of the team stand next to me.

"About forty five minutes," I answer.

"Are you serious," Ashlyn asks.

I nod.

"At that same pace," Crystal asks.

I nod again.

"Damn, your girl got some stamina," Kelley says and I turn to glare at her and she hides behind Lindsey and Rose.

I roll my eyes and turn my focus back to Y/N. "TIME," Dawn yells and Y/N stops and lays on the ground.
———
Y/N's POV:

I lay down as I try and catch my breath. "Good job, kid," Dawn say as she sticks out a hand to help me up.

"Thanks Dawn."

"Now head to the bench and get some water and relax. I'm going to get someone to pass with you in a little," Dawn says and walks away to help the team with the next drill.

I sigh and stand up. I slowly walk over to the bench. My eyes connect with Alex's as Dawn talks to the team and I wink which makes her blush.

I smirk and drink the water. I sit down and let out a sigh of relief. "Not bad, Speedy," someone says behind me and I turn around to see Hope.

"Hope," I say with a smile and walk over to giver her a hug.

"What are you doing here," I ask as we pull away from each other.

"Jill and Dawn don't want to over work the keepers today so I'm gonna be the keeper for your shooting," Hope says and my eyes widen.

"I have to shoot on you," I ask shocked.

Hope nods, "You've done it multiple times."

"Yeah, but I haven't done any shooting in a year," I say.

"You will be fine Y/N/N, relax," Hope says with a smirk a walks away towards the team.

Kelley runs to Hope and jumps into her arms, I will ask her about that later. After their hug everyone else hugs Hope.

"Y/N," Dawn calls me while the team is talking to Hope.

I walk over,'"What's up?"

"You ready to do some passing," Dawn asks.

"Yep."

"Great," she says then turns around to face the team, "Christen," Dawn yells.

Christen comes over, "You are gonna do some light passing for a little with Y/N just so she can get use to touching a soccer ball again," Dawn says and passes a ball to me.

"Let's go, Y/N" Christen says and I follow her.

Once we move to an open area we start to pass. "So, how are you and Tobin doing," I ask.

Christen chuckles, "We are doing great."

"That's good," I say.

"Yeah. When are you going to pop the question," Christen asks.

"What are you talking about," I ask as I look at her confused as we continue to pass.

"When are you going to propose to Alex?"

I almost trip over the soccer ball when Christen asks that and Christen laughs. "Why would you ask that," I ask her.

"I can see the love in both of your eyes, Y/N. I know you want to marry Alex and she wants to marry you too, but you think it's too soon," Christen says and I stop passing.

I sigh and look at the ground, "I do want to marry Alex, I really do. I just don't want it to be ruined again."

"It won't be ruined again," Christen says as she walks over to me, "You have the entire team with you, you have Hartley, your mom is in jail, and you don't invite your dad."

I nod, "I'll think about it," I say with a smile.

"Good," Christen says then we start passing again.

After a couple minutes Jill ends practice and she pulls me over. "Alright, Y/N, we're gonna do a simple shooting drill. Someone will play you a ball in the air or on the ground, take one touch, then shoot," Jill tells me.

"Ok, shouldn't be that bad," I say as I stand at the top of the box.

"Let's see what you got Speedy," Hope yells.

I prepare for the first ball, let's see how this goes.
———
Alex's POV:

The entire team is watching Y/N as she is getting ready for the shooting drill. The first ball comes to her on the ground and she takes an amazing touch and shoots.

It goes towards the side netting and Hope saves it. Y/N huffs and gets ready for the next one. The ball comes in the air and she takes it to the ground. She shoots and it goes upper ninety and sails right past Hope.

Everybody's jaw drops when they see it. Hope stands up from the ground, "That was fucking fast," she says.

"How-how did Y/N just do that," Mal asks.

"It's Y/N, she is one of the most powerful forwards in the entire world," Becky say as Y/N takes another shot and it sails past again Hope to the bottom left corner.

"Wow," Moe says.
———
Y/N's POV:

I take my last shot and it goes past Hope. Once it goes in Hope walks over to me and I get a little scared and tense up. When Hope reaches me she wraps her arms around me and pulls me in for a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you," Hope says.

I wrap my arms around her, "Thanks, Hope."

We let go and I turn around to see the entire team looking at Hope and I in shock.

"How in the world did you do that," Ashlyn asks.

I just shrug.

"That was absolutely amazing," Rose says.

"And my mom wonders why I always watched you play," Mal says and walks away and I chuckle.

"You are insane, but in a good way," Kelley says and I laugh.

"Just letting you know, if you don't play again I will die," Sonnett says.

Before I can say anything Jill speaks up, "Alright girls, get your things a get on the bus. We have to get back to the hotel and you all need to get rest for tomorrow."

The girls nod and walk away. "You still got it in you," Dawn says.

"I guess I do," I say with a smile.

"I want you back on that field next year," Jill says, "I won't be here, but Lauren and Hope will and they will make sure you are back on the field."

"She's right," Hope says.

"You can head to the bus now, you need energy to cheer us on tomorrow," Jill says with a smile.

"You got it, see ya later," I tell the three woman and walk away.

I grab my things from the bench and head to the bus. Once I get on everybody is looking at me, "What is with you guys all staring at me?"

"What did Jill say," Julie asks.

"She wants me to be on the field next year," I say with a smile.

"Hallelujah," Kelley shouts.

Mal and Sonnett run to me and pull me in for a hug. I laugh and Alex speaks up, "Ok, step back. Let her sit down with me," Alex says with a bright smile.

"Fine," Mal says and walks away.

"Sonnett, we need to leave," I say as she holds onto me.

"Awwwww," she says and let's go then sits next to Lindsey.

I chuckle and look at the rest of the team, "You can sit down now," I say and sit next to Alex.

Once I sit down Alex grabs my hand and places a kiss on the back of it. "You did amazing,"'she says with a smile.

"Thanks, my love," I say and place a kiss on her cheek.
———
It is the next day, the round of sixteen against Spain. I am in the stands with the Morgan family and I decide to ask them something. "Hey, guys," I say which catches all of their attention, "Um, I have a question."

"What is it," Karen asks nicely.

"I'm not planning on doing it right now, but how would you feel if I asked Alex to marry me?"

The entire family looks at me in shock before Jeni and Jeri hug me. I laugh and hug them back. We pull away and I look at Alex's parents.

"We would love for you to do that, right honey," Pamela says as she looks at Michael.

"It would be an honor for you to officially be apart of the Morgan family," Michael says.

My smile grows as tears build up in my eyes. Pamela and Michael pull me in for a hug. "I love her so much," I say as I cry in there arms.

"Those better be happy tears," Pamela says as
I pull away.

"They definitely are," I say and chuckle.

"Why don't we get ready, the team is about to walk out," Pamela says and I nod.

The teams walk out and the anthems are played. Alex kisses her wrist and points at the sky and I do the same. I see Pamela and Michael smile and I smile back.

The whistle is blown and the game begins. At the fifth minute Tobin is taken down in the box so we get a pk. Pinoe lines up to take it. "Come on, come on," I whisper quietly as the referee blows her whistle.

Pinoe runs up and scores! The crowd goes wild and I jump up and and down with Jeni and Jeri.

Then the ninth minute, it happens. Spain gets the ball and chips Alyssa and scores. I just sit there as the U.S. fans are quiet.

There are multiple chances throughout the rest of the game. At the seventy fifth we receive another pk. I hold hands with Jeri and Jeni as Pinoe goes up to take it. The whistle is blown and Pinoe scores!

Everyone celebrates and I cry happy tears as I realize we might be going to the quarterfinals.

After the last excruciating minutes, the final whistle is blown, we are going to the quarterfinals. "Y/N," I hear someone shout behind me as the stadium roars with cheer.

"Erin! Jerry," I shout when I see Kelley's sister and brother.

I move to them and we pull each other in for a group hug. "We missed you," Jerry says as we pull away.

"I missed you guys too," I say with a smile, "Will you guys be here for the quarterfinal?"

"We're not leaving till Kelley leaves," Erin says.

"I told your parents that we have to go out for dinner, we have a lot to catch up on," I say.

"Sounds good," Erin says.

"Ms. Y/L," someone says behind me and I turn around to see the security guard.

He gestures that I need to come onto the field. "I need to go guys, but I'll see you soon," I tell  two of the three O'Hara siblings.

I say goodbye to Alex's family and make my way onto the field.

Christen walks over to me with a smile. I smile back and she pulls me into a hug. "Great job, Chrissy. I'm proud of you," I say and her smile widens as she pulls away.

"Alex's family approves of me marrying her," I tell Christen as we walk to the bench.

"Of course they would, you are supposed to be married already," Christen says and I smile.

We stop walking and we are a few years a from the rest of the team. "Is it too soon," I ask Christen as I watch Alex laugh with Kelley and Allie.

"For you two, it's never to soon," Christen says.

I smile when Alex looks over at me, "Do you want to help me pick out a ring," I ask Christen.

Christen looks at me shocked, "You want me to help?"

"Of course I want your to help, you and Kelley are my best friends and I would love for you two to help me. I just have to ask Kell. So what do you say," I say while looking at her.

"I'm in," Christen says.

We continue walking to the bench and Alex
starts to walk towards us. "I'll leave you guys, I'm gonna go to Tobin," Christen says and I smirk.

"Have fun," I say and Christen lightly slaps me and chuckles then walks away.

"What were you and Christen taking about," Alex says once she is in front of me.

"Just talking about the game," I say with a smile.

"Sure," Alex says with a smile, "We have to head to the hotel so com on."

Alex grabs my arms and drags me to the locker room where everyone is freshening up. She brings me to her locker, "You can stay here, I'm gonna take a shower," Alex says and places and gentle kiss on my lips.

I smile as she walks away. "You are deeply in love," Kelley says appearing out of no where.

I jump slightly and glare at her and she starts to laugh. "Shut up," I say.

"Why? It's true, you and Alex look at each other like your the last people on Earth," Kelley says and sits next to me.

"That's what happens when you're in love," I say.

"Yeah, yeah," Kelley mumbles and lays her head on my shoulder.

"You feel better now that you showered," I ask Kelley.

"Much better," she says with a smile.

"I need your help," I say which causes Kelley to sit up.

"What is it," Kelley asks excitingly.

I look around to make sure no one else is listening, "I need you to help me find a proposal ring with Christen for Alex."

Kelley's jaw drops and her eyes go wide, "You're gonna propose?"

"I am."
————————————————————————
In honor of the NWSL starting yesterday I decided to update. Both of the games were amazing to watch and I am so happy to see the league playing again.

I almost cried when they showed the clip of Julie and Casey, it was such a beautiful moment.

I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
140K 2.9K 43
15 year old Sophia Richardson finally has the chance to see the national team play when they arrive for a friendly in her home state. A surprise oppo...
974K 28.9K 139
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...
21.3K 553 13
You and Hope had been through this before. Way back before you were just boring old you and she was her, the big soccer entity she was now. You had d...