Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

Από Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... Περισσότερα

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 32

5.1K 159 38
Από Thompson1317

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

Alex's POV:

When I feel Y/N's breathing even out I know she is asleep. "Kelley," I say which causes her to turn around and face me, "I'm worried about Y/N. I just - I just hate seeing her like this. I don't want her to go down this path again."

"I know, Al. I feel the same. The entire team along with Jill and Dawn are noticing it. We need to figure something out," Kelley tells me and I nod, "We'll figure it out, Al," Kelley tells me then send me a smile and then turns back around.

I look down at Y/N and caress her cheek. I then speak quietly to her, "Just fight this war that's going on in your head, Y/N, please."
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

It is the day after the Chile game, we won 3-0 with two goals from Carli and one from Julie. We get to stay in Paris for two days and then we have to go to Le Havre for the Sweden game.

Right now I am in the hotel gym on the treadmill. Dawn said I could start running again, so I have been running everyday. Alex, Allie, and Kelley went out today, I was invited but I didn't feel like going, there's too much on my mind. I've been thinking about what I'm going to do at the Sweden game with Hartley, I still don't know what to do.

I was going to continue running, but a hand is put in front of my face which causes me to almost fall but I catch myself. I stop the treadmill and turn it off. I look to my right and I see Dawn. "Hey, Dawn. What's up," I say a I get off the treadmill.

"Sit down," Dawn says pointing to a chair.

I look at her confused but do it anyway. "What is this about," I ask her.

"You're pushing yourself too hard, Y/N."

"What do you mean? You told me I could run and that's what I've been doing," I tell her.

"But you're pushing yourself beyond what you should be doing," Dawn says and I sigh.

"You're not running only because you want to recover, but because of everything that's going on," Dawn says and I look at her with a small glare.

"I'm fine," I say as I stand up and leave the room.

Dawn doesn't follow me so I go straight to my room and take a shower. Once I finish I put some jeans on, a t-shirt on, and some Adidas sneakers. I grab my phone, wallet, and key card and leave my room. I go down to the lobby, but I see Dawn and Jill talking, so I leave the hotel through the back door.

No one needs to know what I'm going through right now, they already have enough on their plate. I would just make them stressed then I would be asked to leave again.

I sigh as I walk along the streets in Paris. I see a park and sit on a bench. My phone starts going off and I see multiple texts from the team, mainly Alex. They're all asking where I am and if I'm ok. I look at my phone wondering what to do. "You know, you should probably respond," someone says from behind me.

I quickly turn around and I roll my eyes, "Hello, Mrs. Coleman," I say and turn back around.

I hear Vivian sigh and walk over. She sits next to me on the bench and I clench my jaw. "You can call me Vivian, if you would like."

I don't respond and just look into the distance. "What are you doing here," I ask her.

"Your dad, Hartley, and I were at the cafe across the street. I saw you through the window and wanted to talk. Hartley thinks I'm just taking a walk, so relax," Vivian says.

"And why would I want to talk to you," I ask as I turn to face her.

"Because I am your stepmother," she says and I scoff.

"Just cause your my stepmother doesn't mean I want to talk to you," I say as I turn to look away from her.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. Your dad and I didn't mean to cause you all that pain. He just wanted to help Hartley and I," Vivian says.

"And what about helping me," I say as I look at her.

Vivian sighs and looks down. "That's what I thought. I have always known I wasn't important. No one cares," I tell her.

"Except the people that are constantly texting you right now," Vivian says and I glare at her.

She chuckles lightly, "See, you know you have people who care about you."

"My mom doesn't care though," I say and Vivian looks at me confused, "Oh, dad didn't tell you?"

Vivian shakes her head, "Well my mom kicked me out. I lived on the streets for a year. She ruined my wedding and threatened my girlfriend and friends. Then she almost killed me and now she is in jail," I say and Vivian's eyes are wide.

"And guess what, my dad was not there for one second to help. He left me to defend myself," I say as I stand up to walk away.

"Hartley really wants to see you again at the game," Vivian says, "You know she didn't do anything wrong. She has always looked up to you before she even knew who you actually were. You two have a connection."

I just freeze for a second, but then walk away. I hear Vivian sigh as I leave. I pull out my phone and call Alex.

"Y/N! Where are you? Please tell me your ok," I hear Alex say and I hear multiple people quietly talking around her.

"Am I on speaker," I ask.

"Yes, you are. Please tell us where you are," Alex asks.

"I'm walking the streets. I'm fine, I just need to be alone right now," I say.

"Wait, Y/N, you need too-," Kelley starts to talk but I hang up.

I turn my phone off and put it into my pocket. I continue walking when I get to a lake. I go and sit on the grass and just stare at it. "The team is worried," someone says and I instantly recognize their voice.

"I'm fine though," I say.

"They don't know that," the person says as they sit next to me.

"Hey, Heather."

"What's up? Also, when did you start calling me Heather," HAO says and I chuckle.

"I don't know," I say as I turn to her, "I missed you HAO."

"I missed you too, Y/N/N," she says as she wraps an arm around my shoulders.

We stay silent for a few minutes before HAO speaks up, "The girls are worried about you."

"Well I'm right here," I tell her.

"They feel better since they know I'm with you, they're worried about how you're feeling."

I sigh once Heather says that, "What's going through your head, Y/N/N? What are you feeling?"

"I feel hurt, I feel betrayed, I feel left out, I feel emptiness. It's all coming back and I don't know how to get get rid of it," I say as tears build up in my eyes.

Heather pulls me in tighter, "The team told me what happened with your dad and what I think you need is to meet your sister."

My eyes widen and I look at HAO, "How would that help me?"

"You need to understand that you're not the only one going through it. I bet Hartley is feeling the same way. She just found out that her dad left another family for her and her mom and she just found out that she has a sister. Hartley probably feels the same, hurt, betrayed, left out, and emptiness. Hartley is also just a teen, you know how it is as a teenager, it's harder to talk to your parents about everything and you just keep it inside and in the end it's just worst."

I think about it and realize that Heather is right, Hartley and I do need each other. "You're right," I say, "Hartley and I need each other."

"You finally realized it. Now come on, I'm bringing you back to the hotel before the team comes and looks for you themselves," Heather says as she pulls me up.

"Thank you, HAO," I say as I pull her into a hug.

We pull away and make our way to the team hotel. Once we get to the hotel I freeze outside the entrance with my eyes wide when I see the entire team glaring at me along with Hope. Alex and Hope are in front of everyone and they both look beyond angry.

"Well then," Heather says, "I've seen all the girls already so I'm gonna head to the studio for work. It was great to see you Y/N, I will see you soon, and good luck," Heather says as she walks away and I just stare at her wide eyed as she leaves me.

I turn back to face the team and I slowly walk into the hotel, "Hey, guys."

"Are you serious, Y/N," Kelley says.

"Look, I'm sorry but-," then I get cut off.

"But nothing. You left, again. Do you know how tiring it is to come looking for you," Ashlyn says and I feel a little hurt as I look down.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"You need to fix this act, Y/N. You can't keep disappearing or the next thing you know next season you won't be on the team," Kelley says.

That hurt a little too.

"If you want to be on this team again you have to act like it," Ashlyn tells me.

I nod as I look up, "Alex."

Alex shakes her head and walks away. I sigh as the rest of the team shake their heads at me and leave. "Emily," I say pleadingly as she turns around.

Emily stops for a second, but then continues walking away and that's when the tears are in my eyes. I look at the last person standing there, "They're all angry at me now. I just needed to clear my head," I tell Hope as I sit on the couch in the lobby.

Hope walks over and stands in front of me and I look up at her. "They are just worried, Y/N. I'm gonna be honest, you can't just disappear without telling anyone anything," Hope tells me and I nod.

"Because the next thing you know something happens to you and they don't know where you are," Hope says.

"I understand," I say.

"Good. I also hope Heather's talk helped you, I'll see you soon and if you need me I'm only a call away," Hope tells me as she walks out the hotel.

I take a deep breath processing everything that just happened. I stand up and go upstairs to my room. Once I get to the room I sigh knowing Alex is going to be extremely angry at me.

I go inside and I don't see Alex. I get my phone out and text her.

Y/N: I'm so sorry Alex. I should of told you where I was I just needed to clear my head. I would ask where you are but I think that would make it worse. I hope you're with one of the girls. I love you.

Alex: I'm ok.

I sigh and put my phone on the desk. I decide to take a shower. Once I'm done I put on one of Alex's old Orlando jerseys she gave me before we became engaged and a pair of sweatpants.

I grab my phone and check it and no one text me. I frown and put my phone in my pocket and grab my computer. I sit on the bed with my back against the headboard and open my computer.

I go online and try to find some things that I could possibly buy her for her birthday. I look at some bracelets that I could get engraved on the inside. I decide to buy one for Hartley and it'll have my name on the inside and then I'm gonna by one for myself and it'll have her name on the inside. I place an order at a store in Le Havre.

I smile as I close my computer and place it next to me. I look at the time on the clock in my room and it's 6:00 which is the time for team dinner. I check my phone to see if anyone cared to ask me if I was coming and the only text was from Jill.

Jill: Hey, the girls told me what happened. Don't listen to them, they don't know what you're feeling right now, just make sure to tell me or Dawn you're going out next time, please. You don't have to come to dinner if you don't want. I can have room service bring you up a plate if you would like.

I smile slightly at Jill'a text.

Y/N: Thank you, Jill, that means a lot. If you don't mind sending a plate up that would be great.

Jill: Of course.

I set my phone down and watch TV for a few minutes then there is a knock on my door. I go to the door and it's room service, "Merci," I say as they hand me my food and they smile back with a nod.

I go outside onto the balcony and silently eat food. Once I'm done I just stare at the view from the room, the Eiffel Tower. I planned on bringing Alex up there tonight, but that's going down the drain now. I frown as I take the tickets out of my pocket. I feel tears start to form in my eyes and I go back into the room.

I then start to think about what Ashlyn and Kelley said to me. I honestly never expected them to ever say that, maybe I'm not good enough to be on the team.

I pack all my things since we are leaving tomorrow and I look at the time and it's 9:00 and Alex still isn't back. I look at the tickets for the Eiffel Tower and rip them in half angrily and place them on the nightstand by the bed as tears roll down my cheek. I take my shirt off so I'm just in my sports bra and sweatpants. I lay down on my stomach and pull the covers over me and stare out the window.

This was a shitty day.
———
Alex's POV:

I'm in Tobin and Christen's room right now when I see that it's 10:00. "Hey, guys," I say to catch their attention,"I'm gonna head back to the room. Hopefully Y/N is still up so we can talk," I say as I stand up.

"The entire team needs to apologize," Christen says, "How we acted was messed up and immature and we don't know how it affected Y/N."

I nod, "I know, I feel horrible. I also need to make sure that she packed since we're leaving tomorrow. Bye, guys," I say and they say goodbye back and I leave their room.

When I get to our room there is no light on. I turn the bathroom light on and close the door a little so there is not a lot of light in the room.

I walk more into the room and I see Y/N sleeping. I sigh sadly and frown. I walk over to the side of the bed she is on and I see paper on the nightstand. I furrow my eyebrows and pick up the pieces of paper. My eyes widen when I see what they are and tears start to fill my eyes.

I look back at Y/N and kneel next to the bed. "I'm so sorry baby. We shouldn't of acted like that. We knew that you already weren't feeling ok and we just made it worse," I whisper and brush some hair off of Y/N's face.

I place a kiss on her forehead and stand up. I make sure Y/N's things are packed then I pack my things. Once I'm done I get into my pajamas and lay in bed. I move close to Y/N and lightly trace the tattoos on her back.

"I love you so much Y/N. I will always be here for you. I'm sorry for how I acted," I say and wrap my arm around her waist and place my head in between her shoulder blades.

"Goodnight, Y/N/N."
————————————————————————
Here you guys go! Please let me know if I'm updating to fast and if I should slow down with the updates. Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

34.7K 653 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
83.1K 1.5K 32
The story that shows my life at 16 and being the next top soccer player for the U.S. National team. Fanfiction of the USWNT some AU!
412K 7.3K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...
6.5K 159 17
"I didn't know what had happened to me, but ever since the night before, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. The thought of our hands touc...