One Of A Kind (Klaus Mikaelso...

By Paige_bar15

What will happen when Klaus Mikaelson meets Grace May Lockwood, the older sister of Tyler. She's the light i... More

It's Out!!!
Cast
Grace Lockwood
Chapter 1-Masquerade
Chapter 2-Rose and Elijah
Chapter 3-Journals
Chapter 4-Elijah's Alive?!
Chapter 5- The sacrifice
Chapter 6-By The Light Of The Moon
Chapter 7- The Bite
Chapter 8- The Dinner Party
Chapter 9- Girls Night
Chapter 10- The Last Dance
Chapter 11- The Last Day
Chapter 12-As I Lay Dying
Chapter 13- We're Keeping The Dog
Chapter 14- On The Way To Ray
Chapter 15-Getting answers
Chapter 16- Hybrids
Chapter 17-Chicago
Chapter 18- Shopping Trip
Chapter 19- Secrets Are Out
Chapter 20- Birthdays
Chapter 21- Prank Night
Chater 22-The Dead Walking
Chapter 23- Homecoming
Chapter 24- The New Deal
Chapter 25- An Alter Ego?
Chapter 26- The Funeral.
Chapter 27- The Dinner Party
Chapter 28- Mikaelson ball
Chapter 29- Markings, Death, Betrayal, and Kidnappings?
Chapter 30- Unlikely Alliances
Chapter 31- Heat
Chapter 32- The Murder of One
Chapter 33- The Mind of a Killer
Chapter 34- The Roaring 20s
Chapter 36-The Departed
Chapter 37-All I Need
Chapter 38- Letting go
Chapter 39-Familiar
Chapter 40- The Five
Chapter 41- Tainted Love
Chapter 42-We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
Chapter 43- Territorial
Chapter 44-Miss Mystic
Chapter 45-We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
Chapter 46-The Darkness Within
Chapter 47- The Truth Is Out
Chapter 48- The Past Comes Back
Chapter 49- Ancestors
Chapter 50-Mora Miserium.
Chapter 51- Girl Time
Chapter 52- Bad Planning
Chapter 53-Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 54- Kol's Death
Chapter 55-Birthmarks
Chapter 56- Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 57- Stand By Me
Chapter 58-Long-Lost What?!
Chapter 59-Silas in Mystic Falls
Chapter 60- Because the Night
Chapter 61-Hello, Silas.
Chapter 62- American Gothic
Chapter 63-The Other Side
Chapter 64-An Old Friend
Chapter 65-Out Running
Chapter 66- Inner demons
Chapter 67- Perfect Picture Strangers
Chapter 68-A New Hope
Book Two

Chapter 35- Alaric 2.0

6.1K 121 27
By Paige_bar15

I woke up early in the Gilbert residence. The loss of Ric still looming present in my mind. My friend. My father-figure. Someone who I always looked up to since I met them was now gone. And I couldn't do anything to stop him, to stop him. As in the darker version of the lovable, alcoholic, history teacher. The one who kills senselessly. Who is merciless. Who doesn't like vampire sympathizers.

I gracefully unraveled myself from the little Gilbert. The boy whom I see as a younger brother. He's lost, everyone. His parents, his aunt, and uncle, and now Ric. I get up and stretch quickly changing into something more suitable rather than dirt and dry blood. I carefully maneuver myself downstairs and look at the pictures they had in the house. Most of them containing me with the two Gilbert siblings. As I said before I was basically their sibling. I experienced every grief with them and then some.

This town has lost a lot of people. A lot of people I just realized that I haven't even grieved properly because of how hectic everything in this town is. I lightly shake my head and pick up the frame that contained me and Elena in cheerleading uniforms. There was another which contained the three of us in the kitchen with four all over ourselves. They didn't deserve any of this. No one in this town did. I quickly glance at the time and let out a heavy sigh. 

"I guess I should go help with the cleanup. If I can get there early then I could just magic it clean." I mumble to myself considering that no one in the house was up yet and it was understandable.

***

I walk down the hall swiftly and open the cafeteria doors. Streamers and glitter-covered the gym floor. A mess, truly. How did they even accomplish such a mess considering that the dance was so short? I grab a garbage bin form the hall and drag it into the cafeteria. It looks as though I'm early.

"Hey, Grace." I hear the British voice of the one and only Rebekah Mikaelson. I turn around and face her with a huge smile.

"Hey, Bekah. How are you doing?" I ask carefully.

"I'm getting there. How about you? I heard about the mate severing, I didn't even think that was possible." She says smiling sadly.

"Well it weakened it and I'm just scared that he'll realize that I'm not going to be worth it all."

"Nik does love you and I know you love him.  He'll never see you as not worth it. It might take a little time but I think even in the beginning you two were meant to be together. I know my mother messed with destiny or fate or whatever but I think it would've always been Nik. YOu're Niks as he is yours. You would die for each other and no matter what you'll find your way back to each other." She explains smiling softly.

"You're seriously good with this," I tell her chuckling lightly.

"With what?"

"Girl talk. We are basically sisters so we should do it more." I smile brightly and hear boots clicking down the hall.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asks as she comes in with a sour face.

"He bailed," Rebekah rFeplied sharply now liking the company of my other bubbly friend. "Got called into work at the last minute."

"Are you kidding me? SO it's just us?" She says snippily.

"You wound me Care. I thought you loved me." I pout teasingly.

"I do, I just don't like the other person accompanying us." She says staring at the blond original.

"Yes, and you're late. The Clean-up committee started at 8:00." Rebekah replies sassily.

"It's like 8:02," Caroline replies pulling out her phone.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized. Grace surprisingly turned up before me but still on time." Rebekah spits.

"I really didn't have a choice to be here. You." I turn to Caroline. "Forced me to be apart of this committee even though I barely attend school," I mumble but in a room with two vampires they of course heard. Caroline lightly glared at me while Rebakah looked slightly amused.

"I'm sorry about your mom." Caroline blurts out trying to ease the tension."I mean, I know you, like hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"Sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy." Rebekah says sincerely. I look down and pick up more garbage and tossing it.

"Yeah. He was." I say sadly.

"I'm going to go get started on the gym." Rebekah states and leaves. Leaving Caroline and I together.

"Are you ok, Grace?" Caroline asks.

"I don't know, care. We've all lost people but I've never really had the time to grieve. I guess I was asking for it. Putting everyone before myself. Focusing on others' pain rather than my own. I never really grieved Mason, Jenna, Ric, hell even my own father. Or when Carol basically disowned me completely, now I'm just waiting for Tyler to turn his back as well." I say as I pick up more party supplies.

"He would never do that." Caroline tries to reassure me.

"I'm not his sister, biologically anyway. I'm a hybrid and I'm mated to the person he hates most. He's not going to understand and hate me." I tell her with a broken face.

"No matter what. He won't hate you. And if he hurts you I'll kick his ass and that knocks some sense into him." She tells me with a smile nudging me slightly causing me to lightly laugh. She joining me in cleaning up until my ears lightly twitch and I use my enhance hearing to listen to the halls on the empty school.

My hairs stand up and my blood runs cold as my stomach lurches. My body seems to know there's a threat. My posture tenses as my body swarms with magic.

"Are you ok?" Caroline asks. I shake my head trying to get rid of the feeling. There was nothing to worry about. Everything is good, my body is just being stupid, right.

"Yeah," I reply simply trying to focus back on the task at hand my senses still going haywire.

"You're supposed to be dead." I hear Rebaksh say to someone in the hall. 

"I am." A low voice full of darkness replies. A voice I know way too well. It was Ric, the dark one. Then I hear a bang. As though someone getting shoved against lockers. I look at Caroline and it seems as though she heard the same thing. Without acknowledging if she was following me I run into the hallway and witness something that makes my blood run cold.

Alaric held Rebekah against the lockers holding a white oak stake. there is a 50/50 chance that it's the real one considering I haven't visited home to see if the actual one is still there.

"Motus!" I shout as I flick my hand flipping him next to Rebekah. Caroline comes in and holds Alaric against the lockers where I pushed him. Rebekah grabs the white oak and stabs Araric with it. Alaric screams in pain but it does nothing no fire no signs of veins. Caroline and Rebekah back up ever so slightly from Alaric and look at me. I rush over and grab the stake and Caroline grabs me and rushes out towards her car. 

I held the stake in my hand looking down at it as Caroline fumbled with the keys and I look around to see Rebekah further away. She looks worried. I quickly glance at her as though telling her to leave and not tell Nik about me. If he knows he'll have a 50/50 shot of dying, something I'm not willing to risk.

"Caroline," I mumble as I see the reflection of Alaric behind us. Caroline looks up and I whip around. Alaric quickly snaps Caroline's neck and I go to attack but he's faster. He's an original. He yanks the stake out of my hand and stabs me in the shoulder and yanks it out then slams my head into the car window breaking the glass and essentially knocking me unconscious. But before I completely slip into the darkness I hear sizzling and I decided to astroproject myself to try and warn someone.

***

My physical body is useless as I stand outside of it watching Alaric stab Caroline with vervain laced pencils and dips a cloth into a jar of vervain tying it around her mouth. Burn marks appear clearly on her skin. For me, he dips the ropes into a separate jar. Wolfbane I suppose and Ties my hands to the desk. I need to go get help. 

I quickly close my eyes and reappear in the Gilbert home. I look and see the two Gilbert siblings cover Alaric's old room. If only they knew. They pour dark grey paint into the palette and start painting the walls.  I see Stefan step into the doorway.

"Going darker, huh?" Stefan asks as he leans against the doorframe.

"It's the only color we had," Elena explains turning back to look at him.

"That's what happens when you decide to paint your dead guardian's room in the middle of the night. I'm lucky I actually got some sleep." Jeremy explains turning to look at his sister.

"I don't suppose anyone tried to talk to you guys out of doing this...so soon," Stefan says as he moves off of the doorframe.

"Actually Grace did but as I said to her, we have to keep moving. Otherwise, we'll start thinking, and we don't want to think." Elena explains.

"You want a hand?" Stefan asks.

"So are you two, like, back together or something?" Jeremy finally speaks up.

"What? No, Jerm, we're just-" Elena starts.

"I was just checking up on you to see how you were doing after, uh...after everything," Stefan explains.

"We're fine. But, if you are trying to be the good guy again, why don't you do the right thing and give us one day. Just one day without any vampires in it." Jeremy snaps then walks out.

"He didn't mean that. He just missed Grace this morning, she's kinda his rock. I think she's everyone's at this point." Elena explains.

"I'm sure she is. Where is she by  the way?" Stefan asks.

"Aww, Stefan you actually miss me." I smile. When no one answers me I let out a string of curses. "Guess I'm too weak to actually get a foothold and communicate. Well at least I'll know what your plan to save me and Caroline is and I can help on the inside." Then the doorbell rings and Elena doesn't get to answer. Although it's not like they know. They might think I'm with Kalus.

"I'll be right back." He tells Elena and leaves the room as I follow behind Stefan. Stefan opens the door to reveal a Bonnie with a wound in her neck.

"Well, now I know how the hell he's alive," I mumble. I then look at Damon looking down at Bonnie glaring.

"We have a problem," Damon says. He lets Bonnie in and she explained how the witches led her to the tomb so he would turn. 

"What do you mean he turned? I thought you were standing gaud." Stefan exclaims as he brings a wet cloth to Bonnie cleaning the blood off of her healed wound.

"Don't blame me! Blame Bonnie the blood bank. She fed him." Damon defends.

"I had no idea what was happening. Ok, the witched led me there. They wanted him to feed so he'd turn." Bonnie defends.

"So where's the stake now?" Stefan asked.

"Well, I don't know Stefan. Go check my bedroom, if there's one still there then you know your answer, but dear, bunny eater that sure felt real." I say as I sit at the table no one acknowledging me.

"Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an original and wipe out an entire line of vampires, not to mention have a possibility of killing my Little Bird? We don't know." Damon says calmly but underneath is anger and he leans over Bonnie.

"If you are so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life?" Bonnie asks.

"Because I don't do stupid things, Bonnie." Damon spits. "I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him.

"Sure, it's not because you actually care Damon. You know if you could hear me I would be ripping into that right now, right, Evil Spawn?" I smile looking at Damon. 

"All right, so how do we kill him now?" Stefan always the sensible one asked leaning against a countertop.  

"I don't know. Stabbed him with a stake and he didn't die. Although Ester said he was different than the others." I voice my thoughts.

"I've been trying to figure that out. A witch can't truly make an immortal creature there's always a way to undo a spell." Bonnie continues with my thought process.

"Exactly. She said he will die when the time is right. When would the time ever be right? Ester did use Elena's blood like in the original immortality spell but she also used white oak and an astrological event. She didn't use it that time just her blood. Holy shit, Alaric life is tied to Elena's." I figure it out.

"So? What's the witchy workaround?" Damon asks. I lightly growl annoyed they couldn't hear me.

"That's the problem. I don't know, Grace could probably help..." Bonnie explains. I then feel my magic fading. Shit.

***

My eyes open and I feel a tight burning sensation in my hands. I look to my right and see Caroline in a worse position than I. I see Alaric on the phone calling someone.

"Whoever this is it's not funny." Elena's voice rings out potentially.

"Who else would it be?" Alaric asks condescendingly. 

"Ric?" Elena asks in disbelief.

"Listen closely. I'm at school. I have Caroline and little Gracie. And if you want to keep them alive, I need you to get into your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going, I will kill them." Alaric speaks darkly into the phone. I look over and see caroline crying.

"Elena don't! He doesn't have the real stake! It's not real don't come!-" I yell and I know she heard me as Alaric hung up.

"Shut up before I make you be quiet." He growls in my face. "You know what, I'll just keep you down myself." He grabs a syringe and pulls some wolfbane into it shoving it into my arm.

"YOu don't even need me. You saw it last night. Ester broke my untied our souls He's not my mate anymore." I lie.

"you don't play me as a fool, do you? I know the band wasn't severed. And when he comes to save you I'll put an end to his sire line." He spits grabbing a needle. My eyes widen and he laughs." DOn't worry it's just going to make you sleep. I and Caroline need to have a moment." He says injecting me and laughing.

***

My eyes flutter again and I'm back in the Gilbert resident. I hear the doorbell ring as Jeremy opens it to reveal my one and only mate.

"What the hell do you want?" Jeremy spits. Although he knows he's no longer an enemy I guess the bad blood is still there.

"Now is that any way to treat a guest?" He mocks with his hands behind his back.

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" Stefan asks approaching the thresh hold.

"Well, for started, young Jeremy here could show some manners and invite me inside," Klaus responds as Damon starts to approach the door as well.

"Why don't you go up to your room," Stefan suggests as he pushes Jeremy behind him.

"Now," Damon adds. Jeremy looks hesitant but sighs and moves back up the stairs.

"Hmm. Poor lad. Loses one questionable father figure only to be replaced by the likes of the two of you." Kalus replies with an eye roll.

"Yeah, about that. Something happened." Damon explained.

"Oh, I know all about my mother's invulnerable little creation. That's why I'm here. I'm leaving town. I just need to pick up a few road trip necessities. Spare tire, flashlight, soulmate, doppelganger." Klaus lists. That's right I told him I would be here. At least Rebekah didn't tell him where I actually was.

"Can't help you there," Damon replies with a fake smile. He claps Stefan's shoulder and closes the door in the hybrid's face. Once the door closes Stefan looks panicked.

"Elena!" Stefan shouts up the stairs. I look out the windows and see Klaus pacing. He sniffs the air and picks up my scent his scowl deepens.

"If Grace wasn't with him and she's not here, then where the hell is she?" Damon asks anxiously.

"I'm gonna check upstairs," Stefan says and moves up the stairs while Damon looks more on edge.

"He won't kill me. At least not until he knows that if I die Klaus would as well." I tell no one in particular.

"Where are they?" Damon asks Stefan.

"Elena's not here. And I have no idea where Grace is." Stefan explains as he walks down.

"What do you mean? Where did they go? Where is Grace?!" Damon exclaims.

"What's going on?" Bonnie asks walking in.

"Klaus wants in. We have to keep him out." Damon explains looking out of the Blind seeing Klaus pacing back and forth on the front lawn with a newspaper in his hand. "Duck!" He yells as he drops to the floor as Klaus launches the paper through the window.

"What the fuck! You're not supposed to hurt my friend's asshole!" I growl even though I know it doesn't matter. Then I start to wake up again.

***

"Right on time," Alaric mumbles looking at the stake. "You won't cause problems will you?" He looks at me but I only glare. 

"Fuck you!" I growl. He smirks and grabs a pencil and dips it in the jar then stabs my thigh with it. I grunt in pain and hiss as the restraints dig into my hands.

"Caroline! Grace!" Elena sighs out fear present on her face. "Let them go, Alaric."

"Free them yourself. He gestures towards us. Elena moves towards Caroline which is the better call considering that she's in worse condition than me.

"Hey." Elena coos as she crouches down in front of Caroline carefully rubbing her arm soothingly. She then looks over towards me with the same amount of worry. Elena grabs the pencil lightly and holds her hand removing it slowly as to not hurt Caroline. She grunts in pain as the pencil is almost fully removed. Alaric then appears beside Elena and slams the pencil back in Caroline's hand and then stabs one into my shoulder. We both scream out in pain, she's more muffled because of the gag. "You said that you would let them go!"

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena? Stop trusting vampires!" He growls at her.

"Elena I had it covered," I mumbled. "Why did you come. You were safe. He wants you here for a reason and it's not to kill you." I then turn towards Alaric and glare. A glare so cold he would be dead-well dead for good.

"Be quiet while I sort things out. Sit down." Alaric commands Elena as she takes a seat next to me. He walks up to me with another needle. This one looking different colored. He walks up to me and I flinch say from the needle as he laughs coldly.

"To ensure that you won't do anything stupid I've added a ton of witch hazel to this one. And while you're out- in a little time out- It'll make sure you can't give them any help." He explains as he jabs the needle into my neck not being gentle about it once so ever. 

***

My eyes close and I move back to the Gilbert house weaker now. I feel a little lightheaded. My power in general just felt weaker I guess this will be my last trip, so I better hear about a goddamn plan to let everyone here out alive.

"Think you're probably going to want to let me in," Klaus shouts from his place outside. I watch as he walks across the street and looks at a soccer ball and the picket fence.

"You're so damn sadistic," I mumble as I sit on the steps.

"Elena's car is gone." Stefan points out.

"Why wouldn't she tell anyone where she was going?" I hear Bonnie ask.

"Because she was being a hero, yet again, even though I said I'll handle it." I say. Suddenly the soccer ball flew through the door and hit the table in the Kitchen. Damon ducks and shields his body. Then my one and only mate walks up the steps of the house with picket fences in each hand looking pissed. He throws one quickly and it lands right above Damon.

I guess his wolf is pissed because it thinks they're keeping me from him. Welp, I can't really do anything. Damon ducks and decides it's best to taunt Klaus.

"Missed me!" He shouts as Stefan gets Jeremy and Bonnie down on the ground. Damon breaks the plank of wood embedded into the wall and throws it back at Klaus who dodges it easily. "Damn how the hell does Grace put up with you." He growls lightly.

"Where is she!" He yells as he breaks the plank and throws it into the housebreaking a painting.

"Missed me again!" He yells and ducks under the table. Stefan gets a call and Klaus left but quickly came back holding a newspaper on fire with a gasoline can.

"We are definitionally going to have to discuss your behavior towards my friends," I mumble.

"Put it out." Stefan commands.

"Come outside and make me, and while you're at it stop keeping Grace from me!" He growls possessively his eyes turning gold for a split second. Stefan confidently steps outside in front of Klaus.

"Elena's not here. Alaric has Grace and Caroline." Stefan explains. "He's gonna kill all three of them unless you turn yourself over to him." He throws the burning newspaper on the floor and drops the gasoline tanks and growls loudly.

"He said what about Grace?" He growls his eyes turning their bright gold.

"You don't care about Elena or Caroline?" Stefan asks slowly.

"Of course I bloody don't! He has my mate and wants me to hand myself over?"

"Well I wish you would but unfortunately if Alaric kills you, there's a one and four chance that we die too," Stefan explains as Klaus grows ridged.

" I'll take those odds," Damon says nonchalantly join the two out front with a piece of the wood on his shoulder.

"And a hundred percent chance that Grace and Tyler die," Stefan explains.

"I thought their bond was back to square one?" Damon asks.

" It is but their wolves still need to be in constant reassurance of each other and they still remember before so they still live off of one another. Meaning Grace would die without him. Not right away but she'll be depressed first and slowly wither away. It's kinda morbid." Bonnie explains from the entryway.

"That would be correct if my mother had not messed with fate. Will always be bounded." Klaus adds.

"So? What's your point?" Damon says now glaring at him. I kind of figured it was because he knew that no matter what he could lose me. 

 "Why don't we just find a way to put Alaric down, then I'll take Grace and we'll leave town." Klaus offers.

"You'll help?" Stefan asks at the same time as Damon asks, "You'll leave Elena?"

"Yes. You and the rest of your friends are clearly unfit to protect my mate, so she'll be leaving with me." He explains.

"You aren't taking Grace with you," Damon says getting protective. 

"Now's not the time to be arguing, Day. We have a psycho vampire killer who has me trapped as a hostage and is threatening my life. You teamed up before do it again." I yell at him even though I know it does no good.

"You did just try to kill all of us not less than a minute ago." Damon finishes his thought.

"My wolf wanted Grace. I picked up her scent here and believed you were withholding her from me. My inner beast wanted to make sure she was safe and now that she's not when we save her I'm taking her with me." He explains. At that time I start waking up again and I know this is the last time. At least I know they have a plan, now I just need to figure out if the real stake is fine.

***

I groan as I wake up, no longer feeling my connection to my magic. I fell no siphon magic. And I don't even feel the thing line to the ancestral. I look and hear Caroline whimpering. The gag was off of her face, clear burn marks on her skin.

"No, don't, please don't." Caroline bags in a small voice. Alaric doesn't listen and continues to dip the rag into the vervain jar and walks behind Caroline with it dripping.

"Alaric, stop!" Elena commands standing up.

"Sit down!" He commands pushing her back into her seat. He then ties the vervain gag around Caroline tying it. "This keeps the vervain in her system. It's like inhaling razor blades with every breath." Caroline screeches in pain as her skin continues to burn.

"That's sadistic," I mumble. Alaric turns towards me with a smile.

"Don't worry Grace. I have something better that'll keep the wolfsbane in your system. Like I said before you won't be so lucky this time around." He then walks up to me with a vile and uncaps it. the scent of wolfbane invades my nose. He asks closer to me and forces my mouth open pouring the contender of the vile in. When I go to spit it out he covers my mouth. "Swallow. Or I'll make it worse."He threatens. I slowly let the poisonous liquid run down my throat. The feeling of blood run down my throat due to the acid that just ran down my gullet. He then walks away only to come back with the actual plant. He runs the plant across my cheekbone causing me to growl. He then crushes some up and shoves it in my mouth. I whine in pain that the stupid plant causes me.

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asks looking at me with slight tears brimming her eyes.

"To make it easier when you put them out of their misery," Alaric states while walking over towards his desk grabbing the stake.

"What? No!" Elena protests looking at Alaric in anger.

"Isn't this what you wanted, Elena? For me to teach you how to kill a vampire? Even better you can kill a hybrid." Alaric says holding out the stake for Elena to take. "Kill them."

"This isn't what I want." Elena shakes her head looking at the stake with disgust. 

"Of course it is. All those hours you spent training, getting stronger...you could be a hunter, Elena. But you never actually staked a vampire through the heart."

"Grace isn't a vampire." Elena points out.

"You're right but she's worst." He says stabbing another pencil in my thigh.

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asks again.

"Because you need me. Because you're an 18-year-old girl without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore." He spits.

"Look at you. How is this right?" She counters back.

"She's a murderer. She told me she killed someone and liked it." Alaricpoints the stake in front of Caroline and turns it to me. "And her. She's worse. She killed to trigger her curse. She's a hybrid and mated to Klaus. She never did tell us who she killed, did you?" He asks. "Carol was right, although she should've never let her into her house. She should be dead, she sympathizes with vampires. An abomination." He moves in front of Elena after forcing me to drink another vile of poison. "See, Elena...your parents led the council. It was their life's mission to keep this town safe. They weren't dead six months before you undid it all."

"You don't know anything about them." I spit glaring at him from my seat. 

"Why, am I wrong? Do you actually think...that they'd be proud of you? How about Grace?" He asks condescendingly.

"If you don't side with the humans...you're just as bad as them. And Grace made her choice pretty clear." He crouches down in front f her and hands the stake to Elena. "Now kill her." He says gesturing to me. "Or I'll do it for you and I'll make it hurt. When Elena made no sign in moving Alaric grabbed Elena's upper arm and brought her in front of me and shoved the stake in his hands.

"YOu don't even have the real stake," I tell him.

"YOu mean the one in your bedroom? Yeah, figured out pretty fast that the one in the cave wasn't real. Clever though, putting it in a house you're no longer welcome in, but not clever enough." I swallow. Knowing that the people I care about could actually die. When he sees my pale face he laughs coldly. I look at Elena and glance at the vervain in the jar lightly nodding to it.

"Elena it's ok. Do it." I command her. A hidden meaning behind my words. She aims the stake above me looking as though she's going to stake me but swings it towards Alaric instead.

"I thought I taught you better than that." He said disappointed.

"You did," Elena says then grabs the jar and smashes it on Alaric's head. His skin starts burning and Elena quickly rushes towards us. She unties my restraints and together we untie Caroline. "Get help!" She commands.

Me and Caroline rush towards the door and I push Caroline further in front while Elena follows.  Alaric stoops Elena and I stutter in my movement but Caroline grabs my hand.

"Caroline go home and stay inside," I command her.

"But-"

"No but. Ester tied Elena's life to Alaric's. Now go while I figure something out." She nods hesitantly but rushes off leaving me alone in the halls of the school. I continue to jog down the hall and look back as I hear light footsteps. I tense my body preparing to actually fight Alaric but someone grabs me from behind and covers my mouth making sure I don't make a noise.

"Shh. It's ok, it's ok. It's me. It's ok. You're safe, love." Klaus coos into my ears as my breathing and heart calm down knowing I'm safe. "You go straight home. Stay inside. Do you understand?" He asks looking at my welted skin and pencil wounds.

"No. I-I can't leave you here. He has the stake." I inform him.

"No. Go home, Grace. Please, just so I know you're safe." He pleads. I look into his eyes and see something I haven't seen since Michael. Fear.

"Please stay safe. It would suck if we both died." I try to joke.

"It's going to be ok. Alaric it'll be dead, Elena will be saved, and me and you get to leave town." He says kissing my forehead lightly.

"Promise me. Promise me that you'll come home." I beg.

"I promise. now go home and stay inside while I take care of things."

"There's something that you should know. Elena is linked to Alaric. if she dies so does he-but don't kill her."

"I won't kill her. Now go." He commands. I nod my head with small tears in my eyes. This could go extremely bad knowing he had the real stake. He could die along with everyone else I care about. I quickly leave Klaus's presence and head to the Mansion.

***

I sat in the living room laying sprawled out on the couch. Tyler was there with me so at least I wasn't alone.

"Tyler..." I groan out flipping onto my stomach. "Entertain me." Tyler rolls his eyes and walks by the couch. He then lifts my feet off of the couch and pulls making me fall to the floor."Hey!"

"How are you not panicking right now? Damon and Stefan could die tonight along with Elena." Tyler asks not mentioning Kalus.

"Hey, Ty?" I ask carefully and he only nods his head in acknowledgment." I need to tell you something. Something important and I need you not to hate me."

"Grace what is it?" Tyler asks worriedly as I sit up and lean against the couch. 

"There's something I've been keeping from you..." I trail off.

"Ok. It's fine just tell me I could never hate you." 

"I-I'm adopted."

"You're still my sister. It doesn't matter whether or not it's by blood or not." He tells me.

"I'm also a witch."

"But you're a wolf." He points out. "Not a witch."

"I'm both," I mumble lowly.

"So you're a hybrid....like me?" He asks slowly.

"Yeah..." I trail off finding my lap more interesting than anything else.

"That's..."He trails off and I mentally prepare for the disappointment. "Amazing, Gracie." He exclaims happily.

"There's something else..." He nods his head preparing for what I was about to say. I should elaborate and explain how mates work. "There's this thing wolves have, well they had, it's called mates. It's basically a soulmate in away. It's something that's not really a thing wolves have anymore but they did once, and I have one, not much is written about so I really don't know much but...I'm basically tied to this person."

"That's amazing, Grace. Who is it?" He asks tilting his head.

"It's Klaus. I know you hate him but everyone else excepted it. He's not going to hurt anyone anymore and I'm so sorry he forced you to be a hybrid which pushed you to break every bone in your body for God knows how many times, but I can't help it. I'm tied to him. Originally I was mated to two originals but Ester severed one of the bonds because she messed with fate but because Klaus is half wolf he was still my mate as I was his."

"Does he make you happy?" He asks slowly taking the news surprisingly well.

"He does. He really does, Ty. And again I'm sorry. He was never supposed to use you as a test. If it didn't work I would've used the spell used to save Elena and brought you back." I explain.

"Even though I hate him. I'll try to accept this. He makes you happy and that all I've ever wanted even though it's with him." He grumbles. As soon as he says that I jump up and hug him tightly with a smile. I then look up from my brother's hold and see Klaus waking in holding an unconscious Elena in his arms.

"You did it," I said smiling brightly at him.

"Yeah well, I did have some motivation." He smiles back placing Elena gently down on the couch and coming over to me and kissing me deeply. Sparks shoot from my body. Once he pulled away I looked up into his loving eyes and smirked.

"You are a damn good kisser Mr.Mikaelson," I say. Klus winked at me and I know his ego just grew by tenfold. He then swoops back down and captures my lips.

"I know I said I was going to try and accept this but you're still my sister." Tyler protests. I glance at him as his head is turned looking away from the scene.

"Hush, puppy," I command with a smile and lean back up to deepen the kiss with Klaus.

"Puppy? Really?" Tyler groaned and then rolled his eyes and left. I raised up on my toes more and deepen the kiss further. Klaus then taped my lags signaling me to jump so I did while Klaus's hands supported me from behind. My back is the counter of the kitchen. his weight being held by his forearms ads he looms over me. Klaus tried his skillful lips down to the base of my neck and I felt his shape teeth scrape the base of my neck. He pulled back quickly and turned his face.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"Hey..hey." I coo and turn his face back to me tracing the veins underneath his eyes gently. "When was the last time you fed?"

"A couple of days ago," Klaus admitted look down his hybrid face disappearing.

"Drink from me." I offer tilting my head to the side offering more access. Klaus turned back and I could see his eyes turn back in lust. Even if I was an alpha I think subconsciously I will always submit to him, even though I would never admit it out loud. 

"Are you sure? If I do then I mark you again." He says.

"We've done it before. It's fine." I say reassuringly. He nods and lightly moves towards my open neck again. He lightly bites into my neck. The same endorphic feeling flowing through my body. I feel my blood leaving my body but it was never the same feeling as it was with him. It never hurt in fact it was rather present. It was as though all of my nerve endings exploded into a fury of passion. "Nik..." I sigh out. He pulls back a little smirk left on his face with a little bit of blood left on his lips. I lean back up to him and towards his neck lightly hitting the skin and hear a low growl. I lightly trail my tongue over the spot and lightly bite down claiming his as mine once again.

"Elena!" I hear Damon and Stefan both shout. I look at Klaus and he groans in annoyance.

"They always have impeccable timing." He grumbles upset.

"Let's go see what they want," I reply pushing Klaus away from me gently and getting up out of the bed.

"But..." Klaus trails off whining and wanting to stay with me longer.

"No. As much as I rather not go see them we should go." I say as I exit the bedroom and walk down the stairs to see a frantic Damon and Stefan." What's going on?" I ask looking at them questionably. I hear footsteps behind me and know Klaus just joins. As soon as Damon's vision trails toward him he flashes Klaus against a wall but considering that Klaus is an original, not to mention a hybrid, he easily overpowered Damon. "Ok, what the hell?!" I shout turning to the boys.

"He's going to kill Elena! Ester tied her life to Ricks's. If she dies so does he." Damon explains struggling against Klaus's vice grip.

I sigh and walk up to Damon carefully putting my hands on his biceps. 

"Shh, Day calm down." I coo lightly getting him to relax allowing Nik to loosen his grip. I turn to Stefaan and do the same. "Elena is fine. Nik may be an arse, but he knows that if he ever directly killed someone who I consider family I won't forgive him. I may love him but he even knows that crosses a line. Just look." I say lightly looking to Elena who was asleep on the couch. Damon and Stefan both turn and follow my field of vision to see her.

"Ok, so we were wrong," Damon admits lowly.

"Klaus let him go, "I say softly still trying to defuse the tension. He looks at me and scowls.

"What? But-"

"Let him go, he was worried about the girl he cares for. YOu would've done the same if not worse thing.," I repeat leaving no room to argue. Klau grumbles underneath his breath but complies nonetheless. 

"I still don't trust him around Elena," Damon says looking at her then Klaus as he moves back to me and wraps an arm protectively around me. "I'm not even sure I trust him around you."

"I can protect her better than the both of you ever could." Klaus spits glaring at them and tightening his grip on my hip pulling me closer. 

"Stop antagonizing each other. Damon remembers what we discussed. He's no threat." I sigh out moving towards Elena. "Are you gonna take her home?" Damon nods his head curtly and gently picks up Elena. I could clearly see the love he held for her. I just hope she doesn't throw it back in his face.

"Damon?" Elena asks groggily stirring awake a little.

"Yeah, I'm taking you home." He reassures tucking some hair in her face behind her ear. I look to Stefan as he watches them in sadness. "Come on, Grace." Damon gestures for me to follow.

"I thought I already told you we're leaving tonight," Klaus said standing in front of me. I look at the two brothers and smile sadly.

"You two should go," I say. They share a look before nodding and exiting the building. "Nik... I know I said I'd follow you anywhere but they need us, they need me, I can't leave now."

"My number one priority is to make sure you're safe, Grace," Klaus told me.

"And I need to ensure my friend's safety. Plus, aren't you tired of running? Don't you want to be free and not be forced to do something out of fear?" I counter. 

"Of course I'm tired of running, but if it ensures you're safe and I get to keep you alive I will. I'll admit I'm selfish but I want you to stay with me." Klaus says grabbing a hold of my shoulder gently looking me in the eye.

"I want to be selfish too but you know, I tend to put others before myself."

"Then be selfish. For once, forget your friends and leave." Klaus Beggs.

"That's not who I am and you know that."

"I do, and that's one of the reason's I love you. And that's the reason I'll stay with you." He says with a real smile.

"I love you too-" I start only to be cut off from my phone ringing. "Hello?" I asked picking it up still looking at Klaus.

"Elena passed out and she was bleeding from the nose. I think somethings seriously wrong with her. I need you." Jeremy's voice rang out from the other side breaking slightly. She was barely gone for 5 minutes. I sigh internally, it wouldn't be much of a life if I didn't have this craziness.

"Ok...I'll be right there. Where are you?"

"The hospital," Jeremy answered swiftly. "Please hurry."

"I will. I'll be right there JerBear." I say using his old nickname from when we were kids. 

"You haven't used that since we were 10." He laughs a little. "I'll see you soon." He says then ends the call. I turn to Klaus with a grim look.

"I need to go. Elena's in the hospital." I explain moving towards the exit.

"I'll come with you." He says quickly moving to grab a jacket.

"No, it's fine. Besides, I don't think Jeremy or Elena will be happy to see you. Even though they know you won't harm anyone else you were kinda a dick to them before." I point out.

"Alaric is still out there." He points out trying to reason with me.

"And I'm a hybrid completely recharged with an endless power source. I can immobilize him if I see him." I explain."I'll be fine, I promise you." I said pecking his lips lightly before exiting the house. I then realize that I actually have no mode of transportation so I just teleport myself and end up in front of the hospital and see Jeremy pacing back and forth looking distraught. I bring him in for a hug and he embraces back quickly. 

"I don't know what's going on..." He mumbles into my shoulder sniffling as tears cascade down his face.

"I know. I know. We're going to be ok. Everything is going to be ok." I coo to him as I stroke his hair like I did when we were kids and he had nightmares. "Let's go check on her," I suggest.

"Yeah..." He trails off sadly. "You two are all I have left. I can't lose either of you."

"You won't I'm not going anywhere and neither is Elena," I reassure as we walk into the hospital and towards where Elena was. "No one dying." Somewhere deep inside of me, I felt as though something would go wrong. Like something will happen and somehow people I care about will die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 6.3K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
105K 3.1K 46
𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
107K 2.8K 24
Kenzie Gilbert has been secretly keeping a long distance relationship with Stefan, who was whisked away for the summer with evil hyrbid, Klaus Mikael...
165K 4.2K 78
(rewriting) ˜"*°•.˜"*°•𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞-𝐨𝐟-𝐚-𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞. ...